test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Archive] Neverwinter Extended FAQ

Comments

• kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'll try answering my own questions I had here the other day.
    Where is there a detailed keyboard map for functions?
    Still want this...

What are the public and private channels for chat?
    Found them although clear definitions as to what say and zone does would help.

Which buttons in the chat window toggle back and forth?
    Found this also, but again clarity for party, event, combat, whisper and so forth were not clear with the limited time I had to play.

Are there optional buttons to send tells?
    What I meant by that was the persons name as you inspected them, their character in general or any icon in their title triggering the conversation. For example, someone I knew walked by me on day one. I tried to send a quiet hello but once they walked out of sight it was nearly impossible to click on their person to grab the inspect button and type in "hello". I managed to do this but then couldn't answer the "how you doing?" due to the distance, lack of intuititive chat controls, my own lack of understanding, unclear instructions or all of the above

Where are the items in my $20 starter pack located?
    Been a while and I saw a second bag for my inventory available. Don't remember it being a lot for the bucks. Just wondered if it was included in the startup toon or accessible through a routine.

Why did I not get in game mail concerning the above question?
    Um customer relations follow up.....hello?

Sorry if I missed any already in the very nice FAQ thanks.

No one answered... how can this be?

@killermoth. No one is playing currently. They won't be until they start up the server for one of the planned beta weekends or on the 30th for open beta, which I assume will then be 24/7 or until you drop.;)
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    athalel1 wrote: »
    I am in a multi national clan and was wondering, can those who have bought the US version of the founders pack play on the EU servers or the other way around, if I buy the EU version (or pay by €) play on the US server?

I couldn't find an answer for this in the FAQ

You should be able to join US Servers just fine. In fact there may not be separate servers to begin with.
    I sent Sominator on a mission to find out.

I have the founders pack and i downloaded the game but when i try to connect to login server it say connection to login server failed

That's because the server's aren't up. They won't be up until some time on Friday. ;)

Sorry Killroy, those questions weren't intentionally ignored. Are those suggestions to add to the FAQ or actual questions though?
    edited April 2013
    Sorry Killroy, those questions weren't intentionally ignored. Are those suggestions to add to the FAQ or actual questions though?

Sorry if they sounded flat out dumb, but I did read the FAQ and after playing a while, most of these things were a nagging problem to me. They were real questions.

Maybe starting a thread in the regular forum would be better than here.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Where is there a detailed keyboard map for functions?
    They have promised us wiki(official) once it is up, that part can be added to it.

What are the public and private channels for chat?
    Say is small area around you(region, part of town etc) where your voice reaches.
    Zone is your chat ringing in all the zone (or instance if it is an instance).
    So on coriol street, say will reach everyone in coriol street. Using zone everyone in PE can hear you.

You can press F on the person and option to send tell to that person will appear. Or you can right click on the name appearing in zone chat, or any other chat in your box and an option to friend and send tell will appear. Opening friends/search/guild tab and selecting the person and then right click will again open a menu to send tell to that person.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    I was about halfway through answering them before I was like hold up...some of these I thought for sure you knew so I second guessed myself.

I'll answer a couple I am pretty sure on though.
    -Starter Packs aren't available in game until Open Beta. ;)
    -Well there are two issues. First the packs aren't avaialble (see the Beta Details) and secondly I think there are some errors with the In Game Mail at the moment. They were working in BWE1 and 2 but in BWE3 the system was down (and is a known issue)

-There are a number of command lines which are becomming universal in different games. I fell right into the chat system because it's the same chat system used for at least two other (Non-Cryptic) games I play.
    "/w "<@handle/character name>" <message>" Should send a PM to a user. Never tried it personally but it should work
    "/r <message>" should send a reply to the last user who PM'ed you
    If Cryptic doesn't cover this in user guides it'll definitely get covered in user's guides though. Look for some future updates!

-As for the meanings. Say is basically within eyesight. Zone is within the same instance zone. Party is global between party members. Whispers are PM's (although I liked NWN's whispers :( ). The rest I am not sure on but again keep an eye out. Game guides will be coming.

And as for the keyboard map, it sounds like you want a UI which shows all your commands instead of a list of letters?
    Suggest it! I'd love that too.

Anything you really want me to pass on to Som/Pin to try to get an answer on?
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    It's really late, and I don't have the stamina to read through thirteen pages, so forgive me if the question has been asked and answered already but....

Will Neverwinter be available through Steam, like Cryptic's other two games are?

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
    edited April 2013
    No official word yet but I've heard rumors on the forums that it has already made an appearance on steam as a "Coming Soon" title.
    edited April 2013
    I was about halfway through answering them before I was like hold up...some of these I thought for sure you knew so I second guessed myself.

I'll answer a couple I am pretty sure on though.
    -Starter Packs aren't available in game until Open Beta. ;)
    -Well there are two issues. First the packs aren't avaialble (see the Beta Details) and secondly I think there are some errors with the In Game Mail at the moment. They were working in BWE1 and 2 but in BWE3 the system was down (and is a known issue)

-There are a number of command lines which are becomming universal in different games. I fell right into the chat system because it's the same chat system used for at least two other (Non-Cryptic) games I play.
    "/w "<@handle/character name>" <message>" Should send a PM to a user. Never tried it personally but it should work
    "/r <message>" should send a reply to the last user who PM'ed you
    If Cryptic doesn't cover this in user guides it'll definitely get covered in user's guides though. Look for some future updates!

-As for the meanings. Say is basically within eyesight. Zone is within the same instance zone. Party is global between party members. Whispers are PM's (although I liked NWN's whispers :( ). The rest I am not sure on but again keep an eye out. Game guides will be coming.

And as for the keyboard map, it sounds like you want a UI which shows all your commands instead of a list of letters?
    Suggest it! I'd love that too.

Anything you really want me to pass on to Som/Pin to try to get an answer on?

Thanks. I just need more time to play with the buttons I guess. One thing is that party chat does not default when you join, which threw me a little.
    IIRC NwN chat feature worked if you clicked on the person, their icon in chat or their name in the list. Smooth all the way.

The wiki with functions mapped on the keyboard would help a lot of people I think.

You can press F on the person and option to send tell to that person will appear. Or you can right click on the name appearing in zone chat, or any other chat in your box and an option to friend and send tell will appear. Opening friends/search/guild tab and selecting the person and then right click will again open a menu to send tell to that person.

Not super convenient if first, the person isn't your friend, a guild member or on horseback trotting past and saying hello. Right clicking on the chat menu? Thought i tried that, but maybe not. Thanks
    edited April 2013
    kyllroy2 wrote: »

Not super convenient if first, the person isn't your friend, a guild member or on horseback trotting past and saying hello. Right clicking on the chat menu? Thought i tried that, but maybe not. Thanks

Not as far as I know unless they are on your friend's list.

Agreed! Best to take that to Feedback/Suggestions though. ;)
  • venidvenid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am really on the Fence about buying the hero of the north founders pack i haven't done any of the beta weekends. If I buy the hero of the north founders pack will I get access for tomorrow's beta?
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    venid wrote: »
    I am really on the Fence about buying the hero of the north founders pack i haven't done any of the beta weekends. If I buy the hero of the north founders pack will I get access for tomorrow's beta?

Yes. I bought my first pack (HON) the same day as Beta and logged right on. Your account is flagged automatically the moment your payment is processed and your card is charged. :)
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When will the Foundry be available to create content? I already have stories outlined.
  • treadfeathertreadfeather Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For the last eight hours can't connect to the account server... time out. Valuable beta time! Is the server swamped or am I doing something wrong?

ANSWER: I was trying to start the game via the GameClient rather than the launcher.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For the last eight hours can't connect to the account server... time out. Valuable beta time! Is the server swamped or am I doing something wrong?

ANSWER: I was trying to start the game via the GameClient rather than the launcher.

I am glad you found the issue. I am wondering if a lot of the ones who are getting the same error are doing the same thing.
    edited April 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    When will the Foundry be available to create content? I already have stories outlined.

Open Beta.

Thanks for that information! Glad to know exactly what people were doing to cause that.
  • verylittleanaxverylittleanax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will there be any end game gear that is BoP? In BW4, I saw that the epic gear you accumulate through dragons seals seem to be BoE just like the best PvP gear is BoE as well, making it all trade able on the AH. Is this the overall plan or will BoP gear be introduced once the game goes into open beta?
    edited April 2013
    I am hoping that the elite end game gear is BoP. No endgame gear should be BoE, but it's ultimately up to the Devs. Leveling gear is one thing, but people should actually have to earn the end game stuff. At least for PvE. I do not PvP so I cannot speak for that area as far as opinion goes.
  • g4pgug4g4pgug4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I bought the pack guardian founder of Neverwinter, and created a class that I did not like, then I created a second class that I really liked, but I already redeemed the 600,000 astral diamonds in the first character. Can I pass the 600,000 astral diamonds for my second character? Can I take the horse and direwolf too for my second character?
  • nnoytrannoytra Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Download the client, run, give this error
    "patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function"
    what it means, and how to solve this problem?
    edited April 2013
    nnoytra wrote: »
    Download the client, run, give this error
    "patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function"
    what it means, and how to solve this problem?

The servers are closed now until the 25th for Founders and the 30th for everyone else. Best bet is keep the client installed as is and on the 25th try to patch. Even if you are not a Founder, you will still be able to at least patch since the servers will be live again. Right now there is nothing for the client to connect to, thus the error.
  • ecl1psezdelta9ecl1psezdelta9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited April 2013
    I may have overlooked something but how do I show my Hero of The North title on the forums?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    I may have overlooked something but how do I show my Hero of The North title on the forums?

Go into the user CP for this forum, then under "Permission Groups" on the left :)
  • zorlunzorlun Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Adding a little bit of info on all the existing money, seal, etc... in the Section III could be good.
    How do they work, how do you acquire them...
    Sorry for the grammar, I'm only French ! :)
  • mounce2mounce2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had a question that wasn't listed in the Founders' FAQ. The Heroes of the North get access to a VIP Pub as stated:

MOONSTONE REGULAR
    Access the VIP section of the Moonstone Mask Tavern (account unlock)

I bought the Guardian of Neverwinter and wanted to ask, do I also get access to the VIP Section? Like, I feel like the purchasers of this package should also get access as the two bundles DO get the Gold Moonstone Regalia Masks and I would think perhaps that would be the necessity to enter it? It'd show that both bundle-buyers are respectfully able to access the pub but at the same time it'd still be clear who's a Hero and who's a Guardian since Heroes get the full costume but both parties have Masks - Like a MASK PARTY! If this is a Masquerade ball! We both have masks, we should both get access! :P
  • interusdrakorinterusdrakor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I live in Latin America, and receive sub-100 pings, 0% packet loss to the East Coast and South of the US. However, California is a problem for me. I seem to get anywhere from 250+ ping in San Jose to huge jitter in San Francisco. This has led me to have unplayable beta weekends and a lot of rubber-banding.

Is there a plan for East Coast servers or did I just throw away $200. Refund please?
    edited April 2013
    zorlun,
    Those will be expanded in the wiki :D

mounce2,
    As far as I know Guadians do not get VIP Access. I will ask though.

interusdrakor,
    Neverwinter does not use location based servers. Issues with lag will be addressed and refined.

I'm not privy to the specifics of the system but people from around the world can and do play on one server (shard) and although there are users with lag issues I have seen people complain they have lag because they are in the UK get shot down by players stating they live in the UK and have no lag.

There are people with connection issues, most of which have nothing to do with connectivity but rather with hardware compatibility, and those issues will be addressed. However at this current time there are no plans for location based servers
    All I can say to that is these issues don't exist in STO or CO which use the same system and they won't exist in Neverwinter after enough time is devoted to correcting each person's connectivity problems.
  • ajaxthecleanserajaxthecleanser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So why are there no Halflings?
  • mounce2mounce2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So why are there no Halflings?

Tieflings ate them all.

They go good with Stew.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Calling Truthseeker. No matter how mad/sad you may be, give us a holla brother. There's many folks here that simply want to know if you're ok.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    wow. yea.. havent seen him lately... TRUTHSEEKER!!! WE SEEK THE TRUTH!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
This discussion has been closed.