What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter maintenance - 05/01/13

Comments

• Options
    larzoul69rlarzoul69r Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i dont mind a que,whats bad is i was at 66k made it to 800 then it flickered and now im back at 66k
  • Options
    z1170z1170 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    xilprodigy wrote: »
    I just got off work and was looking forward to playing until i saw a que of 78,000 people...cool

The absurdly large que numbers are just a glitch or system bug. Its been happening to me for the last 20 minutes or so but Im at 258 in que and every so often it changes to 38k than back and it tends to drop a bit each time it does. So my best suggestion is to leave it in que and get some snacks
  • Options
    xilprodigyxilprodigy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    z1170 wrote: »
    The absurdly large que numbers are just a glitch or system bug. Its been happening to me for the last 20 minutes or so but Im at 258 in que and every so often it changes to 38k than back and it tends to drop a bit each time it does. So my best suggestion is to leave it in que and get some snacks

Time for netflix i guess
  • Options
    duganstoutduganstout Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For those of you in a que think of us that can not even get pass the patcher....
  • Options
    carrotpakcarrotpak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i cant even get past the launcher?
  • Options
    alanw707alanw707 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I am, atleast duganstout
  • Options
    anvarffsanvarffs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    antrenos wrote: »
    This is what happens when you decide to run an MMO on a single-shard structure. Most popular MMOs run on multiple servers, dozens of them to accommodate the massive (thus the M, in MMO) amounts of players. Prior to Open Beta, Neverwinter had a grand total of THREE servers available to play on. That is ridiculously low, and there is no surprise that this causes increased lag for everyone who tries to play.

It's gotten so bad, the server lag has managed to spill over into your other MMOs as well (mostly in STO). I would've thought by now, you'd know how to run an MMO without having server issues, but I guess I was wrong.

Eve Online has been running on a single shard just fine for years and years....
  • Options
    ravager696ravager696 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have been in queue for 3 hours
  • Options
    sertonissertonis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Queues on gw2? no you didnt. Gw2 didnt have any queues at all the server would crash but they never had a queuing system you could play on a overflow server.
  • Options
    sertonissertonis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Completely different game setup.
  • Options
    origionaljpmamaorigionaljpmama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm guess were having a record number of people in the open beta.
    I remember when Age of Conan launched server crashed I don't even know how many times before they were able to keep up with us players.
  • Options
    v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    antrenos wrote: »
    This is what happens when you decide to run an MMO on a single-shard structure. Most popular MMOs run on multiple servers, dozens of them to accommodate the massive (thus the M, in MMO) amounts of players. Prior to Open Beta, Neverwinter had a grand total of THREE servers available to play on. That is ridiculously low, and there is no surprise that this causes increased lag for everyone who tries to play.

It's gotten so bad, the server lag has managed to spill over into your other MMOs as well (mostly in STO). I would've thought by now, you'd know how to run an MMO without having server issues, but I guess I was wrong.

I rather have maintenance that falls into EU prime time than outdated shard tech. As for the lag you mentioned, I've been playing both STO and Neverwinter tonight and didn't experience any lag with an average ping of about 150ms. Granted, they were having some serious latency issues earlier today but those only lasted a few hours from what I know.
  • Options
    mardraum999mardraum999 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I hope it will fix most of the login issues cuz 3 times i have tried to sell my loots to merchants to empty my bags and 3 times i got disconnected and having to redo the long wait for requeues which was around 6000 queues it's sad to see that if you werent expecting that many users on an open beta well now's the time to add more servers cuz im done for today this is a little too much waiting for me but good job overall...
  • Options
    arktronarktron Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    capitty3 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up. (: This is what Betas are for!

how is this a beta in any way at all? you really are getting taken for a ride. use your own common sense just for a moment and think about it. this is launch.
  • Options
    v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sertonis wrote: »
    Queues on gw2? no you didnt. Gw2 didnt have any queues at all the server would crash but they never had a queuing system you could play on a overflow server.

WvW queues in GW2 were pretty bad the first few weeks after launch. I remember having to wait up to 3h to enter a WvW map during prime time.
  • Options
    w0lfpcakfanw0lfpcakfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Really disappointed in the queue mess. Should have went with a setup like GW2, where you could play on overflow servers, then get ported over. Lazy design by Cryptic/Perfect World.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Really disappointed in the queue mess. Should have went with a setup like GW2, where you could play on overflow servers, then get ported over. Lazy design by Cryptic/Perfect World.

Did you even play GW2 at launch? The whole overflow concept sounded nice in theory but the fact of the matter was that it caused a lot of issues with group content. Single server tech is the future of MMOs. Deal with it.
  • Options
    coldwarrussiacoldwarrussia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The game is FREE. You whiny little *****. FREE. They don't owe you ****. Don't like it? Ask for your money back... oh wait.
  • Options
    mahtchkamahtchka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My Queue position started at 5600, and after a minute or so it now says my position is 84520...
    So much for being a Guardian of the North...
    Will skip playing tonight I think...
    GUARDIAN OF NEVERWINTER :rolleyes:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rammurrammur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20
    edited April 2013
    The game is FREE. You whiny little *****. FREE. They don't owe you ****. Don't like it? Ask for your money back... oh wait.
    O hush brown nosing lil troll! :mad::cool:
  • Options
    alastorr69alastorr69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17
    edited April 2013
    rammur wrote: »
    O hush brown nosing lil troll! :mad::cool:

I think you should hush....Don't like it, then don't let the door hit you on the way out...
  • Options
    demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    well that is just an awfull timeframe for anyone in europe... oh well
  • Options
    w0lfpcakfanw0lfpcakfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    v1ctor2k wrote: »
    Did you even play GW2 at launch? The whole overflow concept sounded nice in theory but the fact of the matter was that it caused a lot of issues with group content. Single server tech is the future of MMOs. Deal with it.

There was some bugs with it that they worked out, BUT at least you could play the game. Stop defending bad implementation by a company that should have known better, but does not care enough about their customers to stop making the same mistakes.
  • Options
    r3ality84r3ality84 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Rawr still getin cant connect to sserver time out :-(((
  • Options
    demorkaidemorkai Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    has the NDA been lifted or has their been one? i cant find an answer to this on any news post
  • Options
    brickster51brickster51 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    52051 in the Que REALLY??????????????? Geez And I paid 60 bucks??
  • Options
    godofdrakegodofdrake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mine keeps jumping between 2k (and dropping) and about 80k. At the very least I'd like to know if I have a 5 minute wait or a 5 day wait.
  • Options
    gome64zgome64z Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i missed work just so i could play...but i can't play now! fkn pathetic!
  • Options
    burningkromeburningkrome Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been on a couple of times tonight, got disconnected cause of my ISP(I live way up in the mountains, service sucks.) The last time I was on, I logged in, washed some dishes(9783), made dinner for me and my family(7806), ate(5487), cleaned up(4206), watched the news(2756), then got to play. The whole time, the que would periodically jump to somewhere in the 60k range, usually before a big drop in position. For the quality of the game, in its currant form, I don't mind.

And for all you weeny whiners...DEAL WITH IT!!!:cool:
This discussion has been closed.