test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zinzerena's Zealotry (Drow focused, medium RP, Adult 21+, Late Night CST)

Comments

• voidwatcherxvoidwatcherx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    vampirial wrote: »
    Might be worth getting all of our banners Uniform

Oh that is simple enough. I will use either one here as a template and follow the format. I'd rather get it done myself however.
    dakasig.png

• dreadsheparddreadshepard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If members are starting new characters they should roll Drow, one reason we are open to other races is to allow friends and family to join who did not roll drow. Another is to allow people to create intricate back stories explaining how a non-drow would end up in our guild.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • sjirosjiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Oh that is simple enough. I will use either one here as a template and follow the format. I'd rather get it done myself however.

See This Post on our Forums for a PSD template file and Fonts, if you want them.
    If you need any assistance with your signature, please feel free to let me know!
  • voidwatcherxvoidwatcherx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    sjiro wrote: »
    See This Post on our Forums for a PSD template file and Fonts, if you want them.
    If you need any assistance with your signature, please feel free to let me know!

That's even better, much appreciated!
    dakasig.png

• malagriinamalagriina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just registered on the new site. Can't wait for the next beta weekend. Hope to see you there.

~Myrcyr
    Never lie when the truth is more profitable
  • viaxusviaxus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 66
    edited February 2013
    I posted earlier in this thread, but since then I have kind of changed my mind about playing a drow and would instead try and create a duergar guardian fighter. Duergar and drow do sometimes cooperate on some basic level in the Underdark so I would assume they could do it as well on the surface. I believe after watching character creation videos that it would be possible to create a duergar with the right skin tone/look. So my question is, would this be allowed? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dreadsheparddreadshepard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    viaxus wrote: »
    I posted earlier in this thread, but since then I have kind of changed my mind about playing a drow and would instead try and create a duergar guardian fighter. Duergar and drow do sometimes cooperate on some basic level in the Underdark so I would assume they could do it as well on the surface. I believe after watching character creation videos that it would be possible to create a duergar with the right skin tone/look. So my question is, would this be allowed? :)

Yeah that would work, I like that idea. A great back-story would help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • vampirialvampirial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    question posed, how would Drow treat a Duergar ? they arnt the nicest of Races to their hired help, that said Drow have a long history with employing Duergar for their combat prowess and Svirfneblin for their puckish skills.
    edited February 2013
    Well if you two go and run a dungeon or do some PvE then We don't expect anyone to RP, and if someone does not like being treated like a slave in rp I don't want to alienate anyone. With that said, In an RP event we might just throw you to the wolves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
    edited February 2013
    While it remains true that Drow do consider all other races inferior to them. At least where the inhabitants of the Underdark are concerned does not make it impossible for Drow to have different thoughts regarding this. While it is true that Drow do keep some of the Duergar as slaves there are powerful Duergar settlements down below. These settlements are dealt with a great deal of mutual respect from both parties. Remember that the Duergar are also considered quite malicious. There are PLENTY of Duergar moving about freely in cities such as Menzoberranzan doing trade or hiring out as mercenaries but they are smart enough to avoid crossing their high priestesses or the Matron Mothers in particular.
    dakasig.png

• viaxusviaxus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 66
    edited February 2013
    I realize that playing a duergar in a predominantly drow guild will lead to a lot of IC disrespect and patronizing and I fully welcome it! But like has been said there are several cases where duergar move freely amongst drow cities. Ofcourse this does not mean that they are well thought of in general, but I imagine it will be some fun RP. I will give as well as I get in terms of IC banter and mocking :) Unless ofcourse there are 5 drow surrounding the duergar ofcourse...then it would probably be wisest to suck it up. :) That being said, I am actually not opposed to playing someones slave/rothe/personal hireling.
    PS: Sent you a PM Varic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vampirialvampirial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    While it remains true that Drow do consider all other races inferior to them. At least where the inhabitants of the Underdark are concerned does not make it impossible for Drow to have different thoughts regarding this. While it is true that Drow do keep some of the Duergar as slaves there are powerful Duergar settlements down below. These settlements are dealt with a great deal of mutual respect from both parties. Remember that the Duergar are also considered quite malicious. There are PLENTY of Duergar moving about freely in cities such as Menzoberranzan doing trade or hiring out as mercenaries but they are smart enough to avoid crossing their high priestesses or the Matron Mothers in particular.

I find most things that live in the Underdark to be nothing but husks filled with Malice and shade :) (theres a Vampire who owns a Pub down there who serves Illithid brain juice to its patrons).

During RP my char will have a definate Superiority complex however you will know when im in RP or not. I really look forward to other Races being in Our Guild such as Svirfneblin and Duergar but they will all be referred to as inferior to the Drow in my characters eyes (unless they prove themselves worthy)
    edited February 2013
    I wanted to clear something up that a few people might have missed or might be confused about because I have seen it posted over and over (not in this forum mind you). The Drow as a playable race is FREE at launch. So if you were thinking you could not join us or would have to be super creative about how you joined us, don't worry the Drow is free. I don't like how the Founders pack is worded. The renegade, which is a unique to founders back-story, a tattoo or set of tattoos and maybe even an extra skin color (unclear yet on that one) you must become a Founder to get. I'm sure most of you know that, and that is not a response to the past few posts. I just wanted to make that clear. Let your Drow flag fly baby.... for FREE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
    edited February 2013
    Yeah lil upset that armor set thats in the video isnt included with the founder pack, but cest la vie
    edited February 2013
    Oooo a Svirfneblin, use a bald, grey skin halfling if you can get grey skin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, plus I don't know how a feel about people not playing drow riding around on spiders... oh well. I'll just put my horse blinders on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, plus I don't know how a feel about people not playing drow riding around on spiders... oh well. I'll just put my horse blinders on.

I'm a bit weirded out by this as well. If anything a riding lizard would have been more befitting. Though I doubt anyone not understanding Drow lore would find a lizard as cool.
    dakasig.png

edited February 2013
    I know how you feel, Drow are really the only race that use Riding Spiders......im sure there must be more races that tame and train spiders to be mounts.
    edited February 2013
    Race specific mounts for founders would have been better I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • sjirosjiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Server is being transferred to a new host and the DNS is currently propagating the change.
    Downtime should be minimal and you shouldn't even notice a difference.

But if you do - this is why.. ;)
  • itsneoitsneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 74
    edited February 2013
    Great questions, ZZ is a medium RP guild. To us that means that we structure ourselves keeping in mind that as exiled drow we can pick and choose aspects of the lore that we agree with. We do hold female drow in higher regard than other cultures might their women. The guild master however is rolling a male drow, so in that way we are more patriarchal. We do not have any plans to use much if any drow language during RP events. I personally am interested in having a member in the future that would head up all things RP (planning events...) Also I don't want applicants to think they would be treated as slaves, that will never happen. If you want to RP a slave, well that's up to you.

Ok, as a RL Dom, I can do a Patriarchal :D And.. yea.. I've key for the perfect little subby Drow, maybe.. if I don't bring my own subby with me.

Hit me up with more information please.

IGN: DrDoom
    CLS: Heretic
    SVR: Atlantis
    IND ID:1000165G030200060007250S15fb1f

• itsneoitsneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 74
    edited February 2013
    join Bruddajokka, lol I think I shall as well, and while I first wished to roll a cleric, I may now roll a tank based on the guilds needs posted on their site. Either way, I'm good. If I roll a tank.. I can take my slave healer along with me :D

While the needs chart reflects what we're lacking - it should not be the deciding factor in what class you choose. We definitely want you to choose the class you enjoy the most!

So come, sign up, visit the forums, fill out an application... Get free signatures? :P
    Help us make Zinzerena's Zealotry the best guild in Neverwinter.
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    My god that sig is inspiring....

Hmm well I've tried to sign up.
    edited February 2013
    ok I signed up.. lol there is an error tho on the site, instead of letting us know we have signed up, and are awaiting approval, we are redirected to either an Error page (could not connect is all we see) or to the register form again. but going back to roster page, you can see on the bottom we are awaiting approval.

just a heads up

love the drow in your sig. :D

• liaratsoni84liaratsoni84 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    itsneo wrote: »
    ok I signed up.. lol there is an error tho on the site, instead of letting us know we have signed up, and are awaiting approval, we are redirected to either an Error page (could not connect is all we see) or to the register form again. but going back to roster page, you can see on the bottom we are awaiting approval.

just a heads up

The site is down apparently, due to a server switch. It's down for me at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    I'll look into that.

But yea, I expected a few problems with the server switch.
    They should be relatively easy to fix though.

[EDIT]

Ok, apparently the forums didn't cope well with the transfer - something got corrupted along the way.
    I'll have the problem fixed shortly.

[EDIT EDIT]

So, most of the forum posts are back - I did notice a couple that were missing. Not a big deal, really.
    Also not a big deal - the topic count is reading 0 and resetting stats doesn't seem to fix the problem.

At least 99% of the old posts remain.

Sign-ups are working as intended, despite people receiving an error after they click Submit.
    I'll have to track down that error later.