test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zinzerena's Zealotry (Drow focused, medium RP, Adult 21+, Late Night CST)

dreadsheparddreadshepard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
zinzbanner.png

We are the exiled, we are the shunned and the abandoned, we spit in the face of Lolth, we seek to avenge Zinzerena's betrayal, to elevate her status among the gods. Yes we are of the Drow, but above that we are Zinzerena's Zealotry. Menzoberranzan is no longer our home, our home is in the shadows of Neverwinter and in the Chaos of the streets. To cross the Zealotry is to cross Zinzerena and to cross Zinzerena can only end one way, with a knife in your back. Law and Order, Good or Evil makes no difference to the Zealotry, we bathe in Chaos.

Zinzerena's Zealotry is an Adult 21+, Medium RP guild running on Mindflayer. Our peek hours are late night CST looking at Sunday through Wednesday 11PM to 3AM CST for End-game content. We are not a hardcore raiding guild but will be very active in End-game content. We are not PvP focused but wish to be active in PvP as well.
21+ is referring to a maturity level not anything adult oriented or inappropriate. ZZ is looking for mature like minded members who are interested in being part of an active Neverwinter guild and who might have a darker side to their MMO desires, we are the Drow after-all. ZZ will be using a voice chat server based program for guild organization live Ventrilo or Mumble. Right now the program we are using is TeamSpeak 3.

We are not a Drow only guild however but we do expect to recruit a majority of Drow. We are looking at alignments of chaotic any or true neutral in design. We are interested in applicants looking to fill all roles including leadership. I should add that we are a friendly, mature, comical and sarcastic group. We just plan to RP as Drow.

Zinzerena's Zealotry has some core rules to be aware of.

NO DRAMA-
It is my experience in many years of being in guilds that the fastest way to break up a guild is to create and participate in drama. We expect our members to attempt to handle their own issues with other players in the guild first before they get guild leadership involved and to NEVER post their issues with other members up on the forums or in guild chat. These types of issues are to be private.

BE RESPECTFUL-
Treat others in the guild and in game the way you would want to be treated. No camping in PvP, rolling on things you don't need in PvE guild events. No name calling or bullying unless it's in jest and the other person is aware. Be aware of the guilds reputation and act to promote good will with non-members. Show some humility, you are not all that, and if you are then you don't belong here. Be helpful to the little guy (the wee nub) Once again, don't be a Loot *****. If that one item that you have been oh so wanting... for oh so long drops and you already have your cool new item don't be greedy.

NO DRAMA-
Can't stress this enough, we at ZZ hate drama. We are all adults here so handle your business.

BE RESPONSIBLE-
You are responsible for your gaming experience, don't let others effect it negatively. Don't show up to a raid empty handed, have everything you will need in your inventory. You are part of a community in ZZ so please contribute, don't be a taker. People who abuse the guild banking system will be warned then removed from the guild if it becomes a problem.

Zinzerena.com

zinzeasymbolmed.png

-Mordius (Mord)
ZZ GM

Edit: I have posted the lore of Zinzerena according to Zinzerena's Zealotry here in these Forums. (LINK)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
www.zinzerena.com
Post edited by dreadshepard on

Comments

• Options
    dreadsheparddreadshepard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ZZ will have Vent or Mumble at launch if not before hand. We also plan on writing the story of ZZ through the foundry system. We will need our creative members help to do so.

-Mordius (Mord)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just wanted to say nice intro and banner!

*fades back into the shadows*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Just wanted to say nice intro and banner!

*fades back into the shadows*

Thank you iamtruthseeker, that is nice to read. We want to make this guild something special that members can be proud of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hmmm..... It's a start anyways....

First attempt at Zinzerena's Zealotry web logo....

EDIT: This is no longer an option as our guild logo or crest. We have gone with the symbol of Zinzerena and adopted it as our own. I have posted it in the opening message.

daggerlogo.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    ka0000ka0000 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013

daggerlogo.png

I hope to be a drow char am interested in your guild one problem I try to be on alot but sometimes i wont have time for guild trials will that be problem i'm also a newbee even though i've played PW and Forsaken World for a few years i'm also an older woman lets say over 40 lol hope to hear from you Thank You KA have a name for my new char gotta see in beta if its available
  • Options
    hebdomashebdomas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Consider me interested.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ka0000 wrote: »
    I hope to be a drow char am interested in your guild one problem I try to be on alot but sometimes i wont have time for guild trials will that be problem i'm also a newbee even though i've played PW and Forsaken World for a few years i'm also an older woman lets say over 40 lol hope to hear from you Thank You KA have a name for my new char gotta see in beta if its available

ZZ is not a hardcore guild, we are newbie friendly and you don't have to worry about your activity level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    hebdomas wrote: »
    Consider me interested.

Great hebdomas :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I do not have an organized application yet, should be generic when we do. Hope to have one in the next few days, does not matter for people applying now, should be good to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    bethsabeebethsabee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Vendui'

As outcast drows, do you plan to keep a matriarchal order ? What are your political position about houses, slavery etc.
    Do you reject all drow basic culture or do you entend to create a new drow house on the surface ?
    About Rp, do you plan to use some drow language http://www.angelfire.com/mi/OtherPage/DrowLanguage.html#USE

Lloth tlu Malla ! Jal ultrinnan zhah xundus
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    bethsabee wrote: »
    Vendui'

As outcast drows, do you plan to keep a matriarchal order ? What are your political position about houses, slavery etc.
    Do you reject all drow basic culture or do you entend to create a new drow house on the surface ?
    About Rp, do you plan to use some drow language http://www.angelfire.com/mi/OtherPage/DrowLanguage.html#USE

Lloth tlu Malla ! Jal ultrinnan zhah xundus

Great questions, ZZ is a medium RP guild. To us that means that we structure ourselves keeping in mind that as exiled drow we can pick and choose aspects of the lore that we agree with. We do hold female drow in higher regard than other cultures might their women. The guild master however is rolling a male drow, so in that way we are more patriarchal. We do not have any plans to use much if any drow language during RP events. I personally am interested in having a member in the future that would head up all things RP (planning events...) Also I don't want applicants to think they would be treated as slaves, that will never happen. If you want to RP a slave, well that's up to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    bethsabeebethsabee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Don t worrie :)
    I don t intend rp a slave or a slaver :)
    Was just wondering
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    bethsabee wrote: »
    Don t worrie :)
    I don t intend rp a slave or a slaver :)
    Was just wondering

It's cool, I appreciate the thoughts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    This game is.... Fan-fricking-tastic!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    viaxusviaxus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 66
    edited February 2013
    Yay, drow guild! Count me as signed up as well. I play from Europe however, so not sure how that'll work. Your primetimes are rather late/early for me. :)

-Xirzin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    viaxus wrote: »
    Yay, drow guild! Count me as signed up as well. I play from Europe however, so not sure how that'll work. Your primetimes are rather late/early for me. :)

-Xirzin

Our peak time for end-game as a guild is 11pm CST to 3am CST. London is 6 hours ahead and Berlin is 8 hours ahead. For Londoners, 5am to 9am could be rough depending on your work schedule. But I would love to have a European group too. People should be on all the time I'm hoping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Note to Cryptic, hard to build a drow guild if people cant try out drow... Dark skin elves for now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    jaecernjaecern Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm interested; I know of her story and have lotsa toons in DDO named after her. 8D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    jaecern wrote: »
    I'm interested; I know of her story and have lotsa toons in DDO named after her. 8D

Oh wow, awesome! You can kick my butt if I don't get the lore right :). Please do consider it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Let me know in here or directly if you are having trouble starting an account on the website. I think I fixed the problem that I was having.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    jasalphajasalpha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited February 2013
    Sounds Interesting. You had my curiosity, and now you have my attention.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    jasalpha wrote: »
    Sounds Interesting. You had my curiosity, and now you have my attention.

Great to read and welcome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ZZ is in need of members interested in becoming department heads. Right now we are looking for a for RP events coordinator / planner, PvP events leader, Lore Keeper, End-game organizer, and website admins. More positions to come.

-Mordius
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    heathenhammer9heathenhammer9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    An interesting idea for a guild; I'm a huge fan of the Drow. As far as Zinzerena is concerned though, I think she is dead, how will that play into your RP? Also as a chaotic evil deity, I assume her followers are generally lean towards the same alignment; how will that play into your RP, especially with Drow who tend to be self-serving, even the fanatical ones. It's hard to imagine a Drow being so enthralled with a dead deity, that they would seek revenge. I guess it just seems outside of the norm for me, but I'm interested.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    An interesting idea for a guild; I'm a huge fan of the Drow. As far as Zinzerena is concerned though, I think she is dead, how will that play into your RP? Also as a chaotic evil deity, I assume her followers are generally lean towards the same alignment; how will that play into your RP, especially with Drow who tend to be self-serving, even the fanatical ones. It's hard to imagine a Drow being so enthralled with a dead deity, that they would seek revenge. I guess it just seems outside of the norm for me, but I'm interested.

Good stuff, well the legend of Zinzerena tells the story that she was either killed or banished by Lolth; Many drow believe she is still alive after all these years wondering the Underdark undermining Lolth at every chance she gets. ZZ believe that through all her deeds against Lolth (who we believe is responsible for our own betrayel and banishment - the god of they who did the deed) That Zinzerena has achieved more than just the station of a minor diety. Through our own needs we hope to raise her station to that of Lolth if not kill the Mad Spider Queen. Zinzerena is Chaotic evil in opposition to the lawful evil that would see her destroyed. Followers of Zinzerena tend to be Chaotic Evil, Chaotic Neutral, Chaotic Good or True Neutral. It can be very difficult to fit a philosophy like ZZs into a pre-made game that we have not played through yet obviously but we will place that code as followers of Zinzerena into Guild run RP events and Foundry quests. I don't think a large group of Drow that are "Renegades" banished from menzoberranzan would be sitting around Neverwinter going "Time to look out for number one," many might. Not these drow, they hate Lolth, hate the houses that control menzoberranzan. Their desire for revenge can be very self serving. Kill the heads of the houses of menzoberranzan, kill Lolth, and elevate Zinzerena from a minor deity to that of God of the Drow. Hope this helps you and others. Let me know here or at our website www.zinzerena.com.

"The legs of the spider are made to be broken" - Zinzerena

Thank you for the interest!

-Mordius
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Members of ZZ spent some time beta testing NW. I must say I am even more excited to see how the foundry system is being implemented. We hope tobe able to drop in a ZZ story day one. We are looking for creative people interested in helping make this happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    hellkat4hellkat4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi there Mordius!

Awesome intro! and I went on your website to try and apply but saddly.... .I'm a noob. ;)
    I just bought the Gardian pack and am very interested in trying out the drow class as soon as it is possible to do so.. hopefully in the next Beta weekend.

I live in Quebec and so I am not in the same time zone (or even same language) as you are ;).. but your activity hours seemed to fit well within my schedule.. so if you are still in need of a female drow in your team, please let me know! ;)

Anha
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    A couple things to add. Many drow know that Lolth devoured all her opposition and remains at the beginning of Neverwinter sits as the last Drow diety in the Demonweb pits. Zinzerena's Zealotry believes that Zinzerena escaped from the gruesome fait through cunning and trickery. She after all has fooled the Spiderqueen and her followers many times before. There are three views that will be uncovered and discussed in more detail as we spend time developing foundry quests. The first school of thought is that Zinzerena fled from the underdark to an outer plane by tricking Lolth in order to gain access. Others believe that Zinzerena fooled the Queen of Drow into believing she had Consumed Zinzerena while in fact the The Rebel Drow had fled deeper into the underdark where she waits for her followers to strike and help her have vengeance. Still others believe that Zinzerena was consumed by Lolth. These few Drow follow the zealotry as a means to exact their own revenge on the Spider Queen. I hope this helps some people. I have been getting messages from people wanting to know more about how we relate to the drow starting story as we get closer to launch. Don't worry to much about contradiction; after all, all the worlds religions have some contradiction. That's what faith is about right? Great thing about the foundry system is that we get to make our own story. My hope is that eventually we will have the opportunity as a guild to kill the spider queen. On that day we will tell the true story of Zinzerena's Zealotry!

-Mordius
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    hellkat4hellkat4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

daggerlogo.png

Have you tried making the "Z" Steel colour? or perhaps a dark steel colour?.. just an idea :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Not a bad Idea, I'll take a look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com