test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    scypheroth87scypheroth87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    so any news for the PC Gamer beta codes? When do we get in beta?
    banner-1_zpsb5e0d15b.jpg
  • Options
    zerickzerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Looking forward to the beta :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vankillianvankillian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    the 8th can't get here quick enough, just got the guardian pack and downloaded the game!
  • Options
    grimlenkadogrimlenkado Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Anyone know around what time on Friday it starts? or should i just sit there clicking F5 from midnight? :P
  • Options
    vincentvalkvincentvalk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hmm this is nice so the game was advertised as free to play but in reality if you want to play you have to pay real smooth
  • Options
    grimlenkadogrimlenkado Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hmm this is nice so the game was advertised as free to play but in reality if you want to play you have to pay real smooth

Yes we're sorry you're so entitled to this closed beta. What where they thinking? How dare they not let you in?!? No but seriously i think it was nice of them to let people pay to get into the closed beta. I personally didn't have a problem paying. Been supporting the game since it was first announced. And i hope to be playing it for many years to come.

EDIT: On top of that they're letting people in from twitter/facebook invites (again closed beta!)
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    adamnox wrote: »
    really? If they want 200 bucks to play a f2p they'll answer as many questions as many times as they have to and they'll like it.

We community mods are volunteer and get no freebies including no packs. We'll answer questions.....

But by the gods, we'll not like it! ;)

Only if you want to play it before everybody else. Kind of a convenience for those who pay for the product...gee maybe they should do that for free to play games...make people who can't wait for free pay to get things faster as a sort of "thanks."

Who am I kidding, it will never catch on....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    judicaturejudicature Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We community mods are volunteer and get no freebies including no packs. We'll answer questions.....

Only if you want to play it before everybody else. Kind of a convenience for those who pay for the product...gee maybe they should do that for free to play games...make people who can't wait for free pay to get things faster as a sort of "thanks."

Who am I kidding, it will never catch on....

LMAO! After reading most of the posts in this thread I actually have sympathy for you in my blackened heart.
  • Options
    trevaremtrevarem Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Well that is understandable. But nevertheless: Officially you like to answer even the most stupid question (Which don't exist anyway;)) over and over again...

Have fun (or at least try to)
  • Options
    theevildrftheevildrf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Anyone know around what time on Friday it starts? or should i just sit there clicking F5 from midnight? :P

i enjoyed this comment. i imagine taping a six sided die over f5 key. please note that packages include more than closed beta w/e access. not the least of which, imo is the foundry unlock. also worth noting is that Firefall needs end user input badly. one assumes Neverwinter is closer to a release candidate.

missed this one:
    How long is the founders pack going to be available? Come on uncle sam. Tax refund on the way already..
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    grimrod614 wrote: »
    Never leave home without a cleric !
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    live4hslive4hs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have a question, maybe it had been answered already; I activated a beta-key long ago, but i didnt buy anything from the founder packs. Will I be able to play tomorrow? Cous i heard someone could already download the client. I have still two grey unworking links: Direct download, Torrent download.
  • Options
    eslavaceslavac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They mentioned 12pm Pacific time.
  • Options
    eslavaceslavac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm not sure where your at in this chart.
    Beta Weekend 1 - February 8-10:

Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers
    Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers

Beta Weekend 2 - March 8-10

Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

Beta Weekend 3 - March 22-24

Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

Other Beta participants - Information to be revealed

PC Gamer promotional keys.
    PAX / GenCon / Keys from game conventions and events.
    Community Beta key giveaways through Facebook and Twitter.
    Promotional Beta keys on partner sites.
    And more!
    live4hs wrote: »
    I have a question, maybe it had been answered already; I activated a beta-key long ago, but i didnt buy anything from the founder packs. Will I be able to play tomorrow? Cous i heard someone could already download the client. I have still two grey unworking links: Direct download, Torrent download.
  • Options
    live4hslive4hs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, i won that beta-key from gamecoach. They didn't tell us what kind of beta-key is this.
  • Options
    gemstrikegemstrike Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    IMO that would be an 'other' beta key.

Foundry Author! Check out @gemstrike to see my quests :)
    Want to make your own? Then watch my videos.
    New Videos
    Old Videos
  • Options
    reksio181reksio181 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have question what time will beta start tomorrow?
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    12 pm pst!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I would have to agree with gemstrike that it is in the Other Beta Participants section. Possibly Under Promotional Beta Keys on Partner Sites. You'll have to keep checking the beta info page to see when they update that part. I'm thinking maybe they open the third up for everyone, but we wont know for sure till they tell us, eventually and probably later then we want.
    live4hs wrote: »
    Well, i won that beta-key from gamecoach. They didn't tell us what kind of beta-key is this.
  • Options
    sertanleesertanlee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I agree NDA will prsent itself when you download and then access the client to play.
  • Options
    static1024static1024 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Small question if i purchase the guardian pack and later decide to purchase the hero pack will i just pay the difference ($140)? Can a mod give a in sight to this.
  • Options
    bryce1338bryce1338 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Considering you have to purchase all three to get all the exclusive items, it seems unlikely you can upgrade for the difference.
  • Options
    maerdynmaerdyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hm, 2nd and 3rd beta for me
    CO LT, STO LT, played NWN and NWN2 before and another DnD games
  • Options
    skinneykrnskinneykrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited February 2013
    static1024 wrote: »
    Small question if i purchase the guardian pack and later decide to purchase the hero pack will i just pay the difference ($140)? Can a mod give a in sight to this.

No. You'd be paying a total of $260. There is no "upgrade" so to speak.
    It's exactly the same as purchasing each pack, separately.
  • Options
    pumpumpkinpumpumpkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    so i was wondering, and if this was already answered i'm terribly sorry, is the beta going live at midnight? that would be pretty sweet... i'm more than willing to loose an immense amount of sleep before i have to work in the morning in order to try out the level editor/dungeon creator/foundry thing-a-ma-jig.
  • Options
    static1024static1024 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ok thx all for the response..
  • Options
    kershel12kershel12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ok So what is the deal with the 2 weekend on 8th march I had a preorder of Torchlight 2 as in i bought the combo torchlight 1 and waited for torchlight 2 will I get a key on my email since I bought it on Steam.
  • Options
    bloodywandererbloodywanderer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    as it was said before you only get to beta from torchlight 2 purchases made directly from perfect world. So no you wont get the key.
  • Options
    fractalprismfractalprism Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will there be beta access for people who bought the 4-pack of Torchlight 2, on steam? (non-preorder)
  • Options
    rukhasrukhas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    test test test