Install Arc
Options

Will You Buy a Founder's Pack?

Comments

• Options
    dayfy152dayfy152 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    denkasaeba wrote: »
    Hopefully you'll get bags also in the game. Hopefully.
    yea i was just kinda down on i since both the other packs bring them but still they always end up selling bag expansions in the ingame cash shop sometime after release
    nacot wrote: »
    Will we be able to buy the items from the packs in the Neverwinter Shop later?
    youll probably be able to buy the items from cash shop later but just re colored/skinned like in many other games usually these pack items dont dont make a comeback as they are supposed to be a special item for those who wanted to put their trust in the game before anyone else had but they usually just re color them and sell them individually like in RaiderZ founders pack buyers got a Black horse mount about a week later they released a white horse for the non founders pack buyers and now they posted on facebook about releasing a red one as well although there is still no sight of it and it was supposed to be released 2 weeks ago
  • Options
    denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    dayfy152 wrote: »
    yea i was just kinda down on i since both the other packs bring them but still they always end up selling bag expansions in the ingame cash shop sometime after release

Actually i hope to get them as drops. Even the little ones, i don't really care.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    dayfy152dayfy152 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Actually i hope to get them as drops. Even the little ones, i don't really care.

lol theyll never do that xD maybe they will give out some for an event someday but item bag expansions from mobs ingame xD thatll never happen lol
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hopefully you'll get bags also in the game. Hopefully.

Maybe in the game - but they will surely cost an arm and a leg like black knight of Monty Python - I mean at least like lots of Astral diamonds so you will have to choose whether to save for something else or buy the bag :p
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I'm not asking for much... even DDO had little bags for free (and they were selling also their own mothers in the shop). I'm asking for 4-6 spaces bags, not little wonders.

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    morhilanemorhilane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited January 2013
    I selected the $60 options, the price of a game. Might jump to the $200, although I have no interest in the special race, spider mount or a few of the other stuff in there.
  • Options
    aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think it's a persons own choice if they wish to spend money on an unproven game while it is still in beta. I won't be, but may in the future once I trial the game first and decide if it is what I'd hoped it would be or not.
    Best of luck to all who do buy! I'm pretty green with envy that you all are going to get in early and get some cool stuff as well. Don't rub it in too much eh?
    :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I'm not asking for much... even DDO had little bags for free (and they were selling also their own mothers in the shop). I'm asking for 4-6 spaces bags, not little wonders.

lol, that is the same as default. I am sure soemthing likr that would be there (though rare) as monster drop.

I mean if they were going to have 30 inventory slots, they did give you 1 default bag with 20 slots and put 2 slot bags in drops letting you carry 5 bags.

You will never know they tricked you ^^
  • Options
    valance74valance74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Bought a Guardian pack. Cant wait.
  • Options
    silestesileste Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hell no. I'm a bit sad because I can already see the downfall of this game (Praying that I'm wrong). PWE already showing it's colors and digging it's claws into people wallets in exchange for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Ridiculous that you can only get a race, that should be for everyone, in the Hero's Pack. There is no way that pixels should come up to the price of $549, yet alone $200. At least Wuilds Gar duex CE, at the price of $149, came with some great items you can keep in your house. If it came with something like that then Hell yea, I'd spend the $200 on it! 60 bucks is all you'll get from me only because I want in on beta.
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    lol, that is the same as default. I am sure soemthing likr that would be there (though rare) as monster drop.

I mean if they were going to have 30 inventory slots, they did give you 1 default bag with 20 slots and put 2 slot bags in drops letting you carry 5 bags.

You will never know they tricked you ^^

I'd appreciate it even as a gesture. I've been battling with inventory space since Diablo 2. The "send to bank" feature was actually one of the few features i liked about GW2.

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I'd appreciate it even as a gesture. I've been battling with inventory space since Diablo 2. The "send to bank" feature was actually one of the few features i liked about GW2.

I am not sure, but I think overflow bag was confirmed after someone suggested LoTRO as an example.
  • Options
    purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I know what its like(I just had a different route(house fire, cancer and the loss of 1 family member and 3 church members in 3 years gets to you(house fire, family members death, and cancer all happened within a 6 month period)))

Sorry to hear about all that.
    Hells, when I was a junkie a friend disappeared and was likely murdered and the guy who did it, which was also kind of a friend but old and crazy, tried to frame me for her murder, and then planned to kill me for figuring it out. Luckily the old basterd died from cancer a short while later. Sadly my friend was never found. For 3+ years the local detectives arrested me and questioned me every other day for hours on end. I ended up in the looney bin for a bit and was still a junkie for a while after that until some a hole robbed a gas station and wanted smack with the money he robbed. So I got him some and the next day he got cought and ratted me out for the smack and then my house got raided, and all my assets got taken away, I even lost my son for a while. So That's what got me reading forgotten realms books and that helped me get clean.
    I got my son back and my old lady. But since I lost the house were living at my parents house in the garage ( My son and lady are sharing a room in the house and the garage is my man cave) Ive been clean for around 6 years now but still am not doing to financially well, obviously. Im 30 years old and I live in my parents garage how clich
  • Options
    purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    So, Can anyone get me in the beta? PLEASE...
  • Options
    adamantium1adamantium1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    perhaps after i have played the game and decide i enjoy it enough to buy one. I like the 60 dollar option with the barded horse and the wolf pet. If these two option were in the 200 dollar one i would buy it too as long as i first played the game and liked it.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    So, Can anyone get me in the beta? PLEASE...

Tymora can. Come to the gates of Moon and toghether we pray. (but if you get access and I do not, better watch you back)
  • Options
    gwenzelthargwenzelthar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have almost every forgotten realms novel. love how much joy and adventure the series has given me over a lot of years. So i am showing my support for something i love and both my son and i have bought founders packs.

We both look forward to adventure and glory.
    (The foundry is a nice bonus..i see some old home-made modules coming to life...:) )
    jonforgottenrealmssmall.jpg
    "I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled! Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"
  • Options
    conclainconclain Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    60 dollar one if i buy one, probably will, for one I could care less if I was Drizzt or whatever myself, I like the dire wolf better and the horse better than the 200 dollar options.
  • Options
    caticacatica Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited January 2013
    I wont be buying any. I have been waiting on this game since early 2011, before PWE even bought Cryptic. I think its a horrible to charge for beta access. I understand why they do it from a business point of view, but as a gamer it disgusts me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    A $200 starter pack has zero interest for me, so no I won't be buying one.
  • Options
    lordthrudlordthrud Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    much on offer is of mild help to starter players or cool stuff for the ego players.
    Which I hasten to add there is nothing wrong with that.

If things run true to course most of it will be superseded pretty quickly with loot picked up in game.

The plug and play system for items weps and armour is cool but I have lost count of the ship consoles I have in STO which just linger in my bank because their usefulness is negligible.

The things that interest me most are in the 200 pack but I would need much more info on them before I pay such a large amount of cash up front on a game I have not played.

Mainly a Dev blog giving the prices of say a dungeon master unlock (and how many mission slots do you get with that?)
    Or what 3 extra character slots cost or what a 10000 astral diamonds can buy and even more importantly how long would it take to grind out 750,000.

Also if anyone can advise how many character slots do we get to start with? and do we get a Respec per advancement like in STO?

Answers may give us some kind of comparison price wise to decide.
    Saying its worth 500+ sounds like a good deal but that is their estimate of the items worth not mine.

If I wanted one an armoured spider in game could cost 100 on its own. Does anyone know?

The VIP access is cool as the Q's may be massive for a while at least.
    And the robe of useless items sound a hoot.

Bearing in mind I am a life timer in STO.

I would have gone for the 200 one but without the info for an informed choice I will kerb my excitement and have to say none at the moment.

If anyone can advise thanks in advance.
  • Options
    vikingh3artvikingh3art Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 41
    edited January 2013
    NONE only because if I pay $200 (which I was well prepared to do) I want the horse. Not a fan of the spider mount at all, and the $59.99 package doesn't inspire me at all.
    co-Lead www.MercyGaming.com
    A multi-gaming Guild
    "Sons of winter and stars... RISE!"
  • Options
    izzirose123izzirose123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 47
    edited February 2013
    Well Statistically it looks as if the Sane and the Insane stand toe to toe number wise.
  • Options
    shado152shado152 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well Statistically it looks as if the Sane and the Insane stand toe to toe number wise.
    yes i am not particularly liking it xD how 3rd agrees on things but you have to consider the love soo many people have for D&D its a very old game that still has a cult fallowing i remember in a post i saw a few days ago someone had said they had a full suit of armor they bought because they just liked D&D so much they wanted one <.< i myself have always loved Dragons and wanted to buy this huuuuuge like 6ft one once but i was only 17 at the time and although i had the money the place wouldnt sell it to me becuase its claws were made of like army knives and you could pull out its head to reveal that it was a Katana's handle and the statue was just an un suspicious hiding spot <.<
    Beta Testing Pending
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I'm sure many clicked both- I for one find 200 insane... buuuuut unless the world economy collapses within the next two months I see no reason not to, 200 bucks is as much as I pay for a trip home to see my folks between trains, taxis, food, etc...

Guess that just means I won't see my family for a month or two after I buy this- I can live with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shado152shado152 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm sure many clicked both- I for one find 200 insane... buuuuut unless the world economy collapses within the next two months I see no reason not to, 200 bucks is as much as I pay for a trip home to see my folks between trains, taxis, food, etc...

Guess that just means I won't see my family for a month or two after I buy this- I can live with that.
    yuup not to mention it is tax season so big checks on their way to many homes probably o-o
    Beta Testing Pending
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    draxonflydraxonfly Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Would really love to buy a pack (especially the $200 one yikes!!) but I am flat flat broke atm.. can't even afford teh $20 one (out of work atm).. so I don't think I will be getting any.. which in turn may damper the whole game for me.. 8(

I hope they keep these packages up for sale long after the game has been released for those of us that do struggle hard with money and need the extra time to save up for things.. .
    draxonflynw1.jpg
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Going to buy the $60 pack. If this game was released for a $60 price tag, like GW2 was I would buy it, so why not?
  • Options
    polaritylolpolaritylol Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll probably end up getting the $60 pack because I feel that's a reasonable price for a game. The $200 dollar pack is completely ridiculous though. A few people have estimated the prices for the items offered in that pack and they hardly reach a $200 value. Even including the 750,000 astral diamonds, who's price has been worked out to be around 37-43 dollars, it's still insane. The actual value is barely worth $200 and absolutely no where near the $549 total value they claim.
  • Options
    captyvcaptyv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Assuming that it's using the exact same currency conversion rate as STO and CO, of which no official statement has been given.

$200 is a lot of money to spend, anyway. I almost didn't do it, but you know, that's a lot of stuff. I like stuff. I'll only know if it was worth it when I get my hands on all of it. Buyers remorse is all too familiar for me, what with the whole Founders program with Hellgate London. That panned out real well for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]