test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will You Buy a Founder's Pack?

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    jeromeblake, that's fine. You don't have to and will be at no disavantage for not doing so. It's the wonderful thing about the F2p Model.

shado152, all of the Founders Pack items will be bound but sadly we have't been told if they are account of character bound. We should have asked but now we can't ask until tomorrow.
  • shado152shado152 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    shado152, all of the Founders Pack items will be bound but sadly we have't been told if they are account of character bound. We should have asked but now we can't ask until tomorrow.
    aah well i atleast hoped for them to be account bound if for any other reason that i really love playing around with different builds and i think it might get expensive if i had to buy something to re skill my character later on its happened to me in some games i re skilled my character 2 or 3 times for the simple fact that if i started a new character id loose alot of cool stuff not just the cash shop stuff but little things like special weapons and titles thru event quests and such ya know
    Beta Testing Pending
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zarcain003zarcain003 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    First time posting, although i been curious about this game, i will not use RL$ on pixels i cannot touch, caress, take to the movies, snuggle up with, get married, have children with (so tiny i prolly cant take care of them), and mostly likely cant grow old with.

In the long run, this game will be cheaper and treat you better than whoever you caress, take to the movies, snuggle up with, get married, have children with and grow old with.
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zarcain003 wrote: »
    In the long run, this game will be cheaper and treat you better than whoever you caress, take to the movies, snuggle up with, get married, have children with and grow old with.

wow, sounds like you have had a horrible life.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I just built a gaming pc just for this game! I've read every forgotten realms book and the ones by R.A Salvatore at least 4 times! So, If I can round up an extra $200 I would definitely get the hero of the north. You all don't even know, the books helped me out a hell of a lot when I was kicking a 8 year heroin addiction and a bunch of other dark ****. It was great to go to a different world in my mind when I was going through all that. I don't know much of the companies that are making the game but hopefully they do the books and games justice.
  • shado152shado152 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    First time posting, although i been curious about this game, i will not use RL$ on pixels i cannot touch, caress, take to the movies, snuggle up with, get married, have children with (so tiny i prolly cant take care of them), and mostly likely cant grow old with.

dude youve obviously not played the sims yet o-o
    Beta Testing Pending
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If someone were to buy both the Guardian and Hero of the North packs will they then get two Robes of Useless Items and two Greycloak's Legacy items? If so, this seems redundant (unless your character can wield two legacy items at the same time). Any chance these will be tradeable/sellable since having two Robes of Useless Items per character is just doubly useless? :p
  • bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I just built a gaming pc just for this game! I've read every forgotten realms book and the ones by R.A Salvatore at least 4 times! So, If I can round up an extra $200 I would definitely get the hero of the north. You all don't even know, the books helped me out a hell of a lot when I was kicking a 8 year heroin addiction and a bunch of other dark <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. It was great to go to a different world in my mind when I was going through all that. I don't know much of the companies that are making the game but hopefully they do the books and games justice.

I commend you for turning your life around. I work with many of people who are and many who don't. I know it's a tremendous feat.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • nightshade50nightshade50 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am going for the Guardian Pack. Seems to be good stuff there for the money. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sadisticivsadisticiv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I really dont know what this game has to offer other than the info they released. While it looks interesting and I look forward to see what the game is about.. I am not trying to pay the price of a full game just for some beta test weekends.. So yeah I wont be paying for that..
  • purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Thanks, Its been tough. I lost everything I had.
    edited January 2013
    bluesteel8 wrote: »
    I commend you for turning your life around. I work with many of people who are and many who don't. I know it's a tremendous feat.

Thanks, once you lose everything you have physically (cops took it all) and mentally, you have to start taking a long look at your life.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks, once you lose everything you have physically (cops took it all) and mentally, you have to start taking a long look at your life.

I know what its like(I just had a different route(house fire, cancer and the loss of 1 family member and 3 church members in 3 years gets to you(house fire, family members death, and cancer all happened within a 6 month period)))
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • samygentsamygent Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    And I've made the jump ! no queue and foundry is all I'm interested about
  • juggsernaughtjuggsernaught Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Already Done.
  • kubasereecokubasereeco Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not when the EU has to pay above the odds.
  • bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Yes I saw that, is that an exchange rate thing or just a stuff up?

Cause I paid $191 Aussie dollars.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    I am sorry, but it is one's own Region (Country) that controls the VAT (Value Added Tax). I suggest you take up such complaints with your government officials. :(
    edited January 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    I am sorry, but it is one's own Region (Country) that controls the VAT (Value Added Tax). I suggest you take up such complaints with your government officials. :(

Ahh I see. The VAT is jacking the price for the Euro, harsh but PWE can't help that.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
  • castagyrecastagyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    $60 is the cost of an average title these days. I don't mind paying for my entertainment and I've spent money on bad games before without losing sleep over it. Hopefully this will not be one of those.
    Remembering Hanlon's Razor can save one a lot on aspirines.
  • docgluedocglue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would like to buy one. But so fare the prices is wrong.
    You can buy it for 199.99$ but if you try to buy it in Euros since I live in Ireland i have to pay 258$.
    This is making no sense in my book that a digital product in two different regions has a different price.

So until they correct the price I will not be buying any of them.

Morten
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    docglue wrote: »
    I would like to buy one. But so fare the prices is wrong.
    You can buy it for 199.99$ but if you try to buy it in Euros since I live in Ireland i have to pay 258$.
    This is making no sense in my book that a digital product in two different regions has a different price.

So until they correct the price I will not be buying any of them.

Morten
  • legiosmortislegiosmortis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I too was burned by VAT. But no matter! Aren't we talking about $200 spent speculatively and suddenly on a product that I hadn't even been following until I saw the founders pack video? Of course we are!

If I'm going to be unwise regardless, then it's in for a penny, in for a pound! Hehehee. 164 of them.
  • readymealreadymeal Member Posts: 57
    edited January 2013
    nope i certainly not going to pay to beta test a F2P game and some virtual goodies... plus i have a STO sour taste in my mouth... lifetime membership for a bug ridden, repetitive and boring game...sorry mr cryptic, i m going to test the game first for free before giving you any money...fool me once shame on you but you won t fool me twice...
    edited January 2013
    readymeal wrote: »
    nope i certainly not going to pay to beta test a F2P game and some virtual goodies... plus i have a STO sour taste in my mouth... lifetime membership for a bug ridden, repetitive and boring game...sorry mr cryptic, i m going to test the game first for free before giving you any money...fool me once shame on you but you won t fool me twice...

Excellent, that's totally your choice.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
  • dayfy152dayfy152 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    castagyre wrote: »
    $60 is the cost of an average title these days. I don't mind paying for my entertainment and I've spent money on bad games before without losing sleep over it. Hopefully this will not be one of those.

this was my reasoning for getting the guardian pack but did anyone else notice how the guardian pack is the only one without an extra inventory expansion Q-Q
  • denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    dayfy152 wrote: »
    this was my reasoning for getting the guardian pack but did anyone else notice how the guardian pack is the only one without an extra inventory expansion Q-Q

Hopefully you'll get bags also in the game. Hopefully.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • nacotnacot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Will we be able to buy the items from the packs in the Neverwinter Shop later?
  • irtuirtu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited January 2013
    yes i did 8-)
  • dayfy152dayfy152 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    denkasaeba wrote: »
    Hopefully you'll get bags also in the game. Hopefully.
    yea i was just kinda down on i since both the other packs bring them but still they always end up selling bag expansions in the ingame cash shop sometime after release
    nacot wrote: »
    Will we be able to buy the items from the packs in the Neverwinter Shop later?
    youll probably be able to buy the items from cash shop later but just re colored/skinned like in many other games usually these pack items dont dont make a comeback as they are supposed to be a special item for those who wanted to put their trust in the game before anyone else had but they usually just re color them and sell them individually like in RaiderZ founders pack buyers got a Black horse mount about a week later they released a white horse for the non founders pack buyers and now they posted on facebook about releasing a red one as well although there is still no sight of it and it was supposed to be released 2 weeks ago