test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will You Buy a Founder's Pack?

deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So will You buy a Founder Pack and if so which Level $20, $60 or a whopping $200?

Personally I will get the $60 pack
I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by deathssickle on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Yes, yes I will be!

Which one has yet to be decided. Still trying to get a tax-exempt charity set up for the "Zebular wants to be a Hero of the North Fund." :D
  • xaxiusshadowxaxiusshadow Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Absolutely!
  • jaffrojonesjaffrojones Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They were smart and announced this after W2's had been sent out to employer's. Since I already sent mine in and am receiving some small amount back from the government I will be getting at least the $60 one. Maybe the $200 if I want to be single.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok so the poll messed up for a second but now it works.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I definly wont pay any money to play beta tests on any game (mostly on a free to play game).... Im following neverwinter since the summer of 2011, if thats not enough to get a beta key thats fine with me, guess i just need to wait a couple more month :/

By this im not saying this is a bad marketing plan... just saying how i fell about paying for beta.
  • meldrothmeldroth Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Sorry, Death, but you know I had to pick the last option...

I had no choice!
    "Truth is absolute, so if you truly seek it, you can find only one answer."
  • lawfulstupidlawfulstupid Member Posts: 55
    edited January 2013
    Does anyone have a link as to what you get that justifies spending 200 bucks on a game?

I hate when browser games pull that trick where it basically becomes impossible to progress unless you buy stuff and/or bug a bunch of your facebook friends to join.
    The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
    edited January 2013
    meldroth wrote: »
    Sorry, Death, but you know I had to pick the last option...

I had no choice!
    lol Its fine

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Undecided until full details are provided. $200 hell no especially since I can give a goblin's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the Drizzit wannabe stuff. $60 one looks more promising but only things I really get is the dire wolf and the mount which don't justify $60. Until they give a full explanation of what all will be included and the astral diamonds explained then I might buy a founders package if the stuff is good.

Value for my money is what I want, and if not then I'll just miss out on the first weekend.
  • shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Looks like it'll be the $60 pack for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I put none for now, as we get to the dead line I will choose. I think I'd rather put 60 dollars towards character unlocks, bag slots, etc etc.
    The wife and I had already planed on spending 50 each when the game is released. Since it is Free to download and play.
  • blizzidblizzid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    im probably going with the $60.00 pack honestly, they REALLY need to show much more in game content if they want people to spend money, pretty hard buying anything without looking at it, to see if at least looks like what your looking for, and yes i know they showed ..some..content but even ESO has showed just as much content and they are months away.
  • starkillianstarkillian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Hells to the yes! I am getting a Heros of the North Pack!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Dunno what I'll be getting yet, normally I wouldn't take issue spending 200 bucks on a game, but, more info would be nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    None
    Buying a game from the store, sight unseen, still could have a return policy.

paying $200 on a game upfront, that you have yet to play, with NO chance of getting a refund due to an extremely horrible gaming expierence, is like paying $10,000 for a used car, sight unseen, you didn't test driveor have an outside mechanic look at.
    Just plain stupid.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    60$ pack all the way. I had to make some promises to the girlfriend to just swing that!
  • bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Id love to see a screenie of the Unique ‘Armored Horse' mount.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • starkillianstarkillian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    None
    Buying a game from the store, sight unseen, still could have a return policy.

paying $200 on a game upfront, that you have yet to play, with NO chance of getting a refund due to an extremely horrible gaming expierence, is like paying $10,000 for a used car, sight unseen, you didn't test driveor have an outside mechanic look at.
    Just plain stupid.

I think your comparison is just plain stupid, cause I spend 200.00 taking my family out to dinner not 10,000.00. I think spending 200.00 in support of a product I look forward to greatly is sheer genius! I bet you complained about paying 14.99 monthly for games too, you expect everything free?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »
    60$ pack all the way. I had to make some promises to the girlfriend to just swing that!

lol This comment is to good.
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Probably buying a pack as I intend to spend money on the game. I'm waiting to make my final decision for when we get complete details about the packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • garasenpaigarasenpai Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Until there they spell out exactly what these packs give and make them worthwhile I will be holding off. When DDO did something like this with preorders you received a very clear image on the value of what you were getting and it was well worth it to buy a expensive pack. You supported the unknown and were well rewarded for it.

I took one look at the $200.00 pack and tried to figure out where the $550.00 value was but I could not find it. I'm glad they saved themselves the embarrassment and decided to just delay it. For that kind of money I am expecting some nice bonus items for every character I make.
  • ragnarlawlragnarlawl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I'll be getting the $60 pack. If it delivers I'll talk with 10 or so core guildies about doing the same for the next one. I'd go founder but last time(s) I did that-- I regretted it muchly (Vanguard and FF14).
    [TMG] Ragnaruss www.topmarksgaming.org
  • shado152shado152 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    im gonna be 100% honest here i will probably get one the 20$ one if i decide to buy one and dont have enough for the 60$ one but im not 100% decided yet after spending 60$ on the RaiderZ founders pack and not getting the head start cause of tech issues on PWE's side and not even getting anything as an apology for that and the supposed "rare mount" we got that has been re colored to death now i have been dissapointed by the management of that game soo much Q-Q i will give Neverwinter a try for sure but i am as of yet undecided as to if im going to even spend any money on other PWE games......
    Beta Testing Pending
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oldskylanceroldskylancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm in for Hero and guardian. You may think that excessive, but if you saw the amount of D&D stuff laying around my house after 33yrs of playing this game, let alone two full suits of plate you'd be like "Oh ok, have fun, get some therapy" :D
    e84df321-2eb4-4d3b-97d2-854aa247afc4_zps96a2cec8.jpg

Orcus bane, Knight-wanderer of the Sword Coast
  • jdk2011jdk2011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited January 2013
    I think your comparison is just plain stupid, cause I spend 200.00 taking my family out to dinner not 10,000.00. I think spending 200.00 in support of a product I look forward to greatly is sheer genius! I bet you complained about paying 14.99 monthly for games too, you expect everything free?

How much should a free MMO be moneybags?
    edited January 2013
    I'm in for Hero and guardian. You may think that excessive, but if you saw the amount of D&D stuff laying around my house after 33yrs of playing this game, let alone two full suits of plate you'd be like "Oh ok, have fun, get some therapy" :D
    have they confirmed yet if Hero gives you all the smaller cost packs too?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    jdk2011 wrote: »
    Please show me where it lists that you have to pay anything to play the game.

The bottom line is that this is a Free To Play Game from the Ground Up. It is not a Free To Play conversion or a Freemium Game. If you enjoy the game and want some nice little things here and there, then there is a cash shop to expand your experience and give support to the game's funding and maintenance, as well expansion and updates. Everything in the founder's pack is purely optional and has no bearing on whether one can play for free or not, regardless if they buy a pack or not.
  • jdk2011jdk2011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited January 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Please show me where it lists that you have to pay anything to play the game.

Yes that was my point.
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    After buying a founder's pack for another game. and seeing that afterward they offered better choices in the cash shop, which I calculated I could have gotten less 2 months after the game was released, in essence, I will not spend $200 on an advance pack. Especially for a game I have not played.

I drop $60 a month on gaming. I could easily afford $200. I won;t do it on the principle of not seeing what the $549 value is save for a) beta and advance play access (which PWE stated was not being paid for) and b) $120 of in-game items. Unless the title and the VIP room is worth $349, it's not adding up.
    edited January 2013
    jdk2011 wrote: »

Please be courteous and do not fight. We dont need a moderator to have to take you out to the woodshed*come to think of it that is a perfect place to play PnP DnD , just add a table and a couple chairs*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]