test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will You Buy a Founder's Pack?

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Just to clarify this is not a Lifetime Subription.

What you pay for is what you get. Any non-gameplay content released later on such as different costumes or mounts will have an additional, separate charge.
  • silestesileste Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    keirkin wrote: »
    Why would you need proof you went? Shouldn't the experience and memory of the experience be the most important part of going to see a live performance?

As far as the compare something real and physical to something fake comment, items in a game are not fake they are just not physical there is a difference. A fake item is something different than it is presented as or appears to be. I can certainly compare something that is not physical to something that is physical in terms of value to me.

Having the proof that I went because sometimes the experience seems like a dream. :D

Anyway physical > digital any day. The whole purpose of what I wrote was because he was comparing the Hero's Pack to collector's items. Not worth the same price.
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • xaxiusshadowxaxiusshadow Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sileste wrote: »

Anyway physical > digital any day. The whole purpose of what I wrote was because he was comparing the Hero's Pack to collector's items. Not worth the same price.

That's entirely your opinion. Personally, I consider the Hero's Pack > than my Guild Wars 2 Collector's Edition. I would easily trade that Rytlock Brimstone statue for priority log-in instead of constantly being dumped into an overflow queue. :)

To each their own.
    edited February 2013
    That's entirely your opinion. Personally, I consider the Hero's Pack > than my Guild Wars 2 Collector's Edition. I would easily trade that Rytlock Brimstone statue for priority log-in instead of constantly being dumped into an overflow queue. :)

To each their own.

I know it's my opinion. I never said it was yours or anyone else. :)

I love my Rytlock statue! xD I don't even play GW2 anymore. Got boring fast. Wouldn't trade it for the world. -pet's baby Rytties head- :3

"I would easily trade that Rytlock Brimstone statue for priority log-in instead of constantly being dumped into an overflow queue."

Makes me wonder what your opinion would be if NW doesn't live up to expectations?
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I didn't want to write on this part of forum again mainly because I'm one step from ban but there is one thing that part from paid beta couldn't make me laugh more which is this poll.

17,46%+11,83%+30,42%+3,10%+26,48%+29,01%+5,35% ==============
    ====================
    ==================
    ===============
    =============
    ===========
    =========
    =======
    =====
    ====
    ==
    = 123,65%
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
  • purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I know its a free to play game but like on D&D online and LOTR online both are free to play but both have add on content missions that cost cash.
    So I was wondering if you get the hero of the north pack if you get future add on missions are for free to or im I just getting myself confused?
    Thanks for the reply
  • magicelzomagicelzo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No, I won't get any founders packs.
    Huge D&D fan and looking forward to Neverwinter, I still have two reasons why I selected none.
    First reason. I loved CoH, but CO and STO weren't so great for me, so I'm a bit cautious on Neverwinter.
    Second Reason. I'm a huge fan of Drizzt and the last thing I wan't to play is a Menzoberranzan rogue that's a carbon copy of Drizzt.
    I do like the spider mount, but on it'sown it's not 200$ worth.
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Member Posts: 561 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    syfylis wrote: »
    I didn't want to write on this part of forum again mainly because I'm one step from ban but there is one thing that part from paid beta couldn't make me laugh more which is this poll.

====================
    ==================
    ===============
    =============
    ===========
    =========
    =======
    =====
    ====
    ==
    = 123,65%

lol, good catch. I got a similar number when I tried to added them up. I guess the poll can account for a higher percentage of people than have actually voted >.>
    You know I orginally voted no to this topic, but after some reconsideration I just might get the Guardian pack. I paid $60 for GW2, so I don't see this as being any different. Sure it is a F2P game at its core, but I think it could be good. Heck I dropped some bones on the Pathfinder Online Kickstarter.
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wound up buying the Guardian and 1 Starter pack.

Incidentally, the reason that the poll is higher than 100% is that you can select more than one option. Which is appropriate since there are separate reasons for buying each pack. If I had the money, I would have bought all three.
  • xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2013

====================
    ==================
    ===============
    =============
    ===========
    =========
    =======
    =====
    ====
    ==
    = 123,65%

You spend all that time trying to find something wrong... I didn't vote or post because I didn't see a point in the poll. But I will reply to your post.

Why would you take the time needed to add all that up when you could just look at the pole and read this

"Multiple Choice Poll."

I don't see how you can look at something so closely, and miss something so obvious. Maybe less attempts at trolling would help.
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
    edited February 2013
    LOL it took me to 2min to write this post. Poll is not working properly and I just point out that it should be fixed. I'm troll because I said that? What are these "%"for? Common sense and lot of examples say that with vote options all % from all answers should give 100% because it's stands for "ALL".

You guys are trying to make a point that somethings that's wrong in the way of making statistics is ok based on saying what?

" You can make more than one choice", "Multiple Choice Poll" - well there have to be more than one choice otherwise this is not a poll. I don't want to insult you guys, i really don't but it's just so hard when i read THAT.

ps. Just to make sure, I didn't insult them.

33kel5d.jpg

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    There is nothing wrong with the poll itself. It is set up as a multiple choice poll.

That means you can vote for more than one option. I could vote "Heroes of the North" as well as "200 Dollars is insane."

The "percent" is the percent of voters which chose each option. It won't add up to 100% because people can vote for more than one option. In a single option poll the voting always come out to 100% because each person's vote only counts to a single option where-as, in theory, this poll could show 100% for every single option if every person selected each option.

Hopefully the wording on how to interpret the poll can explain a little clearer...

The type of poll you are describing is read as:
    '<number>% of people voted for this option.'
    While this poll is read as:
    '<number.% of people voted for each option.'

I'm not saying I think this is the best poll style for the question but this is the poll the original poster chose.
  • aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Be carefull what you say or this topic will end in the hell as all the other topic that critique the founder's pack.
    It feels like someone is trying to put a small wizard fist in the mouth of the comunity.
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Polls in this forum make my eyes bleed. So much white background. So much difficulty trying to read the text there... T_T
    edited February 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    Polls in this forum make my eyes bleed. So much white background. So much difficulty trying to read the text there... T_T
    I agree. Hurts my eyes D:
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • rackhamgreg74rackhamgreg74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Sadly, it comes to mind that the Founders Packs are Perfect World Entertainment's attempt at testing how much people are willing to pay for digital content. I'm not entirely convinced this was Cryptic's doing.

Considering the sheer popularity of the R. A. Salvatore books, it makes total sense that the first carrot they dangle is a Drizzt clone pack. My only reservation to this is that based on how many have forked out $200 already, the developers will be encouraged to make further cash grabs like this again to such a hungry customer base.

For me personally, I'm hesitant to purchase any of the packs, but I may end buying the $60 pack for the same reasons as others have said. It's not much different than what I paid for Guild Wars 2 and I do want to see the MMO succeed.

However I won't crack open my wallet just because they think we'll pay it. If they get too caught up in coming up with what goodies they can charge for, then it will inevitably affect the game experience overall.
    rackham_dane_stag_zps4f4c6695.jpg
    edited February 2013
    There is nothing wrong with the poll itself. It is set up as a multiple choice poll.

That means you can vote for more than one option. I could vote "Heroes of the North" as well as "200 Dollars is insane."

The "percent" is the percent of voters which chose each option. It won't add up to 100% because people can vote for more than one option. In a single option poll the voting always come out to 100% because each person's vote only counts to a single option where-as, in theory, this poll could show 100% for every single option if every person selected each option.

Hopefully the wording on how to interpret the poll can explain a little clearer...

The type of poll you are describing is read as:
    '<number>% of people voted for this option.'
    While this poll is read as:
    '<number.% of people voted for each option.'

I'm not saying I think this is the best poll style for the question but this is the poll the original poster chose.

It doesn't matter if poll counts answers or people that voted it should be always 100%.
    Look if we have 2 options A and B and both of us can give one vote then:
    -you chose A I chose B > A 1 vote 50% B 1 Vote 50%
    -now if i can make 2 votes and you one A 2 votes B 1vote > then A is 66,66(6)% and B is 33,33(3)%

Even if i can't vote two times on same option it's still legit and it stil chould give 100%. The % you have in a poll is wrong, you can count people or their votes and "ALL" always is 100%. That 23,6% are extra votes which should +/- % of answers.

33kel5d.jpg

edited February 2013
    Sadly, it comes to mind that the Founders Packs are Perfect World Entertainment's attempt at testing how much people are willing to pay for digital content. I'm not entirely convinced this was Cryptic's doing.

Considering the sheer popularity of the R. A. Salvatore books, it makes total sense that the first carrot they dangle is a Drizzt clone pack. My only reservation to this is that based on how many have forked out $200 already, the developers will be encouraged to make further cash grabs like this again to such a hungry customer base.

For me personally, I'm hesitant to purchase any of the packs, but I may end buying the $60 pack for the same reasons as others have said. It's not much different than what I paid for Guild Wars 2 and I do want to see the MMO succeed.

However I won't crack open my wallet just because they think we'll pay it. If they get too caught up in coming up with what goodies they can charge for, then it will inevitably affect the game experience overall.

I agree with this entirely and this is the main reason I've been complaining about the pricing as well. I am concerned that this is just a blatant money grab to test how much people are willing to pay for digital items. People buying things like this sets up a precedent, which the company will then use to set up future pricing for cash shop items.

So while people are technically free to spend their own money any way they want, forking out cash for such (IMO) excessively priced digital goods could end up making that the price for everyone, not just the people buying these particular items.

EDIT:
    It doesn't matter if poll counts answers or people that voted it should be always 100%.
    -now if i can make 2 votes and you one A 2 votes B 1vote > then A is 66,66(6)% and B is 33,33(3)%

Even if i can't vote two times on same option it's still legit and it stil chould give 100%. The % you have in a poll is wrong, you can count people or their votes and "ALL" always is 100%. That 23,6% are extra votes which should +/- % of answers.

Pretty much,

Measurements of the percentage of something should always come up to 100%--that is what percentages means "Out of each hundred; per hundred".

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@ZetBuster
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Pretty much,

Measurements of the percentage of something should always come up to 100%--that is what percentages means "Out of each hundred; per hundred".

Yah percentages should be clear, unlike Diablo 3 where you can have like 500+% on something, I was thinking when I played," If I have 100% MF it should always drop Magic Gear and 100% GF should always find gold",but it was not that way on D3.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Yah percentages should be clear, unlike Diablo 3 where you can have like 500+% on something, I was thinking when I played," If I have 100% MF it should always drop Magic Gear and 100% GF should always find gold",but it was not that way on D3.

drop rate works like let's say you have chance 20/1000 to drop some item on your lvl. When you get bonus +500% drop then it means 20x5 > 100/1000 to drop that item.

33kel5d.jpg

• syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited February 2013

Consider the case of a poll with three options, and a multiple choice poll, meaning you can pick more than one option.

Then say 10 people vote. All 10 pick option A. Five pick option B (and they also picked option A). The other five pick option C (and they all picked option A, as mentioned.)

You would thus have:

A: 100%
    B: 50%
    C: 50%

You can't add them up, they're separate. It wouldn't make any sense for "A" not to be 100%, because 100% of respondents picked A. It wouldn't make any sense for B not to be 50%, because 50% of respondents picked B.

It's the same for a larger poll. It wasn't a radio button poll, it was a checkbox poll. The percentages are correct.
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Consider the case of a poll with three options, and a multiple choice poll, meaning you can pick more than one option.

Then say 10 people vote. All 10 pick option A. Five pick option B (and they also picked option A). The other five pick option C (and they all picked option A, as mentioned.)

You would thus have:

You can't add them up, they're separate. It wouldn't make any sense for "A" not to be 100%, because 100% of respondents picked A. It wouldn't make any sense for B not to be 50%, because 50% of respondents picked B.

It's the same for a larger poll. It wasn't a radio button poll, it was a checkbox poll. The percentages are correct.

A 50%
    B 25%
    C 25%
    - 100%

The fact that mutliple choices don't say how many people really voted on some option is a problem of multiple choices option which don't give you any real answer. You are guessing how many people really voted on some option.

33kel5d.jpg

• syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited February 2013
    A 50%
    B 25%
    C 25%
    - 100%

The fact that mutliple choices don't say how many people really voted on some option is a problem of multiple choices option which don't give you any real answer. You are guessing how many people really voted on some option.

But that's wrong. I gave you an example where 100% of respondents answered "A", and you're suggesting it be reported that only 50% of them did. That's mathematically completely incorrect. The percentages you give there have no resemblance to the data. They tell the observer nothing; they might as well be random numbers.
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »

You would thus have:

A 50%
    B 25%
    C 25%
    - 100%

Actually, taking syberghost's examples into consideration you're both correct (and to some extend incorrect, depending on how you look at it). The poll is giving a percentage of how many people that have voted have voted on each option individually. From that perspective the current percentages of the poll make sense, since they're not a percentage of the total overall votes across the board compared to eachother (what syfylis is arguing it should be).
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Founder's Pack Question

The $20 pack can be bought multiple times. I'm particularly interested in bag space. Has there been a stated limit on how much bag space a character is allowed? Do you start with 1 bag and have a 5 bag limit? I think this is important for people to know so they don't buy multiple packages and then find out they won't be able to use some of what they bought due to any in game limits.

If this has been answered elsewhere, please direct me there. I can't get the search function to work for me. :eek:
    edited February 2013
    Founder's Pack Question

The $20 pack can be bought multiple times. I'm particularly interested in bag space. Has there been a stated limit on how much bag space a character is allowed? Do you start with 1 bag and have a 5 bag limit? I think this is important for people to know so they don't buy multiple packages and then find out they won't be able to use some of what they bought due to any in game limits.

If this has been answered elsewhere, please direct me there. I can't get the search function to work for me. :eek:

There is a FAQ that lists most of the asked/answered questions:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?5211-Neverwinter-Online-New-Users-FAQ

...however, it doesn't appear to answer the question you're asking. I am providing it for your future convenience.
  • xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A 50%
    B 25%
    C 25%
    - 100%

Dude calm down! It's a freaking forum poll. Your truly so mad you don't have a founders pack you have to bash the guys poll accuracy??? This founders pack really has brought out the crazy in you people.
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.