test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will You Buy a Founder's Pack?

167891012»

Comments

• xaralleixarallei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    After playing the game, I don't think I can justify paying anything for it. It's not a terrible game, but it's simply not worth paying for right now.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    triki911 wrote: »
    not that much of money? good that you live in america or somewhere else where you can get/earn that kind of money in a day... at my country i need to work atleast half month... sry the game is good, but paying my half month earned money for a game? no thank you.

they could earn much more money if the price would be reasonable, but its not if 1 or 2 ppl from 1000 buy it doesnt mean its a good price

That’s the thing. People say “They’ll earn so much more money if . . . “, as if this is the ONLY product they are selling. Frankly I think it is good that there is a commercial vanity item that is not cheap and so easy to get that everybody will be wearing the exact same thing in game. In Beta you have seen the z-store. They have a LOT of cheap options and items for sale in there, and thus the developer will be making PLENTY of money, for exactly the reason that Manzorian above stated – some people just want to buy what they need, and then there are those of us that like to spend when they have disposable income budgeted. Thus, the marketing department is using the right strategy . . . they are hitting BOTH target audiences with products tailored for each target audience – the big spenders and those on a budget.

In other words . . . EVERYBODY wins here.
    Agreed. I think that Cryptic is focusing too much on the limited amount of people that would be willing to dish out that amount of money and too little on the significantly higher amount of people that would be buying their stuff if they had offered it for a more reasonable price.

That is incorrect. They are focusing on two markets, not one. As stated above, the z-store in game has a LOT of affordable items for low cost. Again, the Founder pack is NOT the ONLY product they are selling, but everyone makes it seem like it is. Is everyone choosing to ignore that this is just one of many product lines they are choosing to sell?

EDIT: bear in mind this product is in a very early Beta, and has QUITE a ways to go before release . . . the z-store already has a lot of cool options, but just think of how much they will have most likely upon release? :)
  • lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    eraiskio wrote: »
    Was thinking in the beginning that i wont buy any packs and will try to play as much as I can without having to use real money at all, but after this beta weekend Im so in love with this game that I had to buy Guardian pack. Wish I could've afforded Hero pack but Im a poor student.

Edit: Wotwoot, wasnt I supposed to have forum title with this guardian pack?

To set your title, go to User CP ==> Permission Groups

Don't feel bad. I had to ask too. :) It not very intuitive.

As for the thread topic of founder packs...I just now purchased another Hero pack for a family member. Yes, I think it's worth it.
    L'sya Raiya
  • tattila12tattila12 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    200 is way too much, i might get the 60 one
  • sevenofmeowsevenofmeow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm not planning to buy any of the pre-order packs. I learned my lesson from STO. Within a few months of release, almost everything in all of the pre-order packs was available in the cash shop for a fraction of the price.
  • chaoticwheechaoticwhee Member Posts: 61
    edited March 2013
    I will not be buying a pack. I would if I had the money. I didn't choose any of the poll options because I don't think they're too expensive, I just think I'm too broke.