test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Founder's Pack - Report Purchase Issues Here!

Comments

• Options
    captyvcaptyv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So I just bought the Guardian's of Neverwinter pack. Everything went through, got both emails; one from Paypal, one from Perfect World. Now what? Do I need to enter a key or anything or is it automatic since I bought it with my signed in account?

I did get this error though...

Transaction Error!!!
    There was an error processing your transaction of Guardian of Neverwinter Pack.
    If you need help, please contact Perfect World's Billing Department.

But below that it says

completed
    Your transaction was successfully completed.

Help?

EDIT: I just got an email saying my transaction was approved but I still need to go to (web address link) to finish, but when I go there I still get the ...

Transaction Error!!!

There was an error processing your transaction of Guardian of Neverwinter Pack.
    If you need help, please contact Perfect World's Billing Department.

I have the same problem, except with the Hero of the North Founders Pack
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alairanfennecalairanfennec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Any update on this issue yet? https://billing.perfectworld.com/neverwinterhero/complete Is still taking me to a page that says "Transaction Pending", yet every other possible area on the site shows that the transaction has been completed and the money has been taken from paypal. Yet still no "Permission Groups", and no amount of logging in and out has changed that.

I will add, it is also now showing up in my "Redeemed Keys" if it should be.
  • Options
    dvirbldvirbl Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    same problem as the above post.
    any update on this issue?
  • Options
    exavourexavour Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited January 2013
    Ok, so every time I have posted this question in the last 24 hours my post has been deleted. I am slowly growing angry, thank you PW moderators. Anyways...I ordered Guardian of Neverwinter and it finally processed and cleared everywhere. However, nothing has happened as far as my beta key goes. Does the system just magically know that now that it is cleared, that I will get in? Or should their be another email/message of some sort providing me with a key? Now, on my account page where it shows, redeem beta keys, their is nothing showing that my beta access has been put through, when I tried to use my conformation number from my purchase, on the "Access Beta" tab on the home page, the system pretty much laughed at me so I would safely assume that that is not the key. Any help here? Also, shouldnt it say Guardian below my name? Pretty sure it should. Also, I have found all the other threads that state how to get the little title thing, and their is no option in my User CP area for that. I also never recieved an email of any sort saying anything other than, thank you for blowing 60 bucks....nothing follows. Help?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dayfy152dayfy152 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's at the top of the forum page under "User CP", then the link on the left "Permission Groups".

i know but the "Permission Group" thing doesnt show up for me on my options
  • Options
    exavourexavour Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited January 2013
    Neither does mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neutralevilneutralevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 69
    edited January 2013
    I spent about an hour on the phone w/PW. During that call he told me that some accounts are instant emailed the link,some do not need to be verified by email and some have a backlog of emails (will get them sooner or later)
    In my case they found a problem with my account.(a new one,lucky me!!)
    They said they found what the problem was and are passing it to the engineers to be fixed. Also said it was high priority incase others were affected also.-- recap of my issue- bought founder pack last night and recieved no verification email and did not get a permissions tab for founder title.-- He also said for the people whose links are nt working clear your browser or try a diff one.
    Hope that helps in some way~
    [SIGPIC] KREETURE [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shado152shado152 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    dayfy152 wrote: »
    i know but the "Permission Group" thing doesnt show up for me on my options

ok soo i would like to retract all posts about dayfy152 thats my other acc o-o i guess when i purchased it i purchased it on this one instead which is weird cause that acc says that the transaction was successfull on there and if it says successfull on there why can i change it on here but not there?????? o-o o-o
    Beta Testing Pending
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Was your problem actually resolved during the call, or is it something you'll have to wait on?
  • Options
    keaoliankeaolian Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have the same problems-in fact, if I go back to the link where I can sign up for the guardian pack it is greyed out and thanks me for my support. No founders title and nothing showing up in my redeemed keys
  • Options
    neutralevilneutralevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 69
    edited January 2013
    Was your problem actually resolved during the call, or is it something you'll have to wait on?

I am waiting on a fix.The guys who fix it were in a meeting when i was on the the ohone. I did put a ticket in previously and he told me they would update the ticket when it was fixed.
    I must say that the PW guy worked very hard to help me and was back and forth w/gm the whole time i was on the phone. I am confident they are serious about helping solve this problem.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I am waiting on a fix.The guys who fix it were in a meeting when i was on the the ohone. I did put a ticket in previously and he told me they would update the ticket when it was fixed.
    I must say that the PW guy worked very hard to help me and was back and forth w/gm the whole time i was on the phone. I am confident they are serious about helping solve this problem.

Hopefully it'll be a general fix to everyone then.
    It would still be very nice if they posted here, even if it was just to confirm they are aware of the issue and working on it. :/
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I agree with you on that one. I suppose I should have put a ticket in. I will go ahead and do that now, so they realize this is a serious issue, that I wasnt the only one. Glad they were able to help you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aermanslegacyaermanslegacy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nevermind. No need for a response to any posts here. I have reviewed the site more, and have found my answers. I now understand I have to make a purchase for any Beta Keys, etc. Thanks.
  • Options
    platplat Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Rustplayer, check out this post by Trailturtle.
    Sadly due to taxes there's nothing they can do. In the US it is $200, Euro has the additional VAT Surcharge.
    Zylaxx,
    You can already get it. Some people are already "guardians"
    Read Pinpointerror's Tutorial.

Yes but why should i pay in Euros when i live in the UK. Sorry this is all wrong. If you state $200 it should be $200 or you should have both prices up. You don't know this till you press the link to buy it and then find out your are being charged more. As i said i don't mind paying VAT but NOT IN EUROS, UK VAT is 20% were as other places in EU they can be as high as 27% - so what VAT rate am i being charged? As always us EU players get f*ck over and charged more for f*cking everything.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    You are not being charged more. You are being taxed according to the VAT.

The price of the products is 200 dollars, roughly 147-148 Euros.
    In the US that is the price. Europeans are subject to the VAT and therefore have to pay about 25% more.

Any issues with this are best directed towards your government officials. Cryptic isn't getting any slice of the increased price pie.
    If you want more payment options, then feel free to send a message to the billing department.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Why 25% when i dont live in Europe i live in the UK?

200 equals 126.12 pounds with 20% VAT comes to 151.34 pounds but i will get charged 168.81 pounds because it in EUROS, sorry that's not right.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    plat wrote: »
    Yes but why should i pay in Euros when i live in the UK. Sorry this is all wrong. If you state $200 it should be $200 or you should have both prices up. You don't know this till you press the link to buy it and then find out your are being charged more. As i said i don't mind paying VAT but NOT IN EUROS, UK VAT is 20% were as other places in EU they can be as high as 27% - so what VAT rate am i being charged? As always us EU players get f*ck over and charged more for f*cking everything.

Might be a stupid question here but can you not get paypal.com account and pay in US funds ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    Might be a stupid question here but can you not get paypal.com account and pay in US funds ?

Sadly the min you click the link you get charged in EUROS, you have no choice.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    168 Pounds is 196 Euros.

If you're being charge 189.99 Euros then you're actually paying a bit less.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    I believe your VAT has gone up and is now closer to something like 25%. This is not something PWE can control. I strongly suggest you take up VAT complaints with your government officials.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Sadly the min you click the link you get charged in EUROS, you have no choice.

Hmm so it detects your IP then ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    More than likely yes pilf3r. I don't think the European countries would be very happy if there were ways to avoid paying for the VAT so while I do not personally have information on those systems I do know many companies has started implementing systems to prevent obvious tax loopholes such as that.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    I believe your VAT has gone up and is now closer to something like 25%. This is not something PWE can control. I strongly suggest you take up VAT complaints with your government officials.

Sorry VAT is 20% not 25% i do live here you know.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    More than likely yes pilf3r. I don't think the European countries would be very happy if there were ways to avoid paying for the VAT so while I do not personally have information on those systems I do know many companies has started implementing systems to prevent obvious tax loopholes such as that.

Well there are way to get around ip like proxies or just having a friend from that part of the world make a purchase after you sent him money via paypal...just saying

I am assuming when you buy the packs you get an email you can forward with all the pertinent info needed to activate it to an account? or do you have to be logged into your account to buy these packs ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Sorry VAT is 20% not 25% i do live here you know.
    http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/forms-rates/rates/rates-thresholds.htm
    VAT rates

There are different rates of VAT that apply to different types of goods and services. And there are some goods and services that are exempt from VAT.
    There are three VAT rates:
    • standard rate - 20 per cent
    • reduced rate - 5 per cent
    • zero rate - 0 per cent
    The rates of VAT may change from time to time - the changes are usually announced in the Budget. So you'll need to check regularly to make sure you're using the correct VAT rates.

You may wish to do as your Government details and check into it for PWE has no control over VAT or the exchange rate for currencies.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/chancellor-may-abandon-debt-target-014950055.html
    Achieving this from tax hikes alone would be "roughly equivalent to increasing the main rate of VAT from 20% to 25%", the IFS said.

I was going to also link the VAT rates for various regions, however this fluctuates so much that I am not going to post it. Please research it if you're really interested.
  • Options
    selanyaselanya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've logged out and back in and still can't see the forum title

I even cleared my cache and tried logging back in, and still can't see it
    Founder of Neverwinter since 1/31/2013
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    selanya wrote: »
    I've logged out and back in and still can't see the forum title

I even cleared my cache and tried logging back in, and still can't see it

I saw in another post somewhere that you have to choose that specific title in your User CP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    My issue has been resolved. They finally got the email to me that had a link that updated my account-founders pack applied,permission tab accessed.Thanks to PW help team.
  • Options
    selanyaselanya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    I saw in another post somewhere that you have to choose that specific title in your User CP.

I don't think it is found in User CP

Where did you sent the email to, neutralevil?
    Founder of Neverwinter since 1/31/2013
This discussion has been closed.