test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Founder's Pack - Report Purchase Issues Here!

Comments

• Options
    arkonagadearkonagade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Did anyone else receive two beta keys for friends? I got a repeat email confirmation and then another one right behind it. It scares me a little because I hope I didn't accidentally buy two HotN packages. I opened a support ticket with PW, but was just curious if anyone else received two.

so you have 3 keys in total? :D
  • Options
    edgecuttedgecutt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Does either one take prepaid credit cards? Paypal says the card cannot be used and the other one keeps telling me there is an error with my info (even though there isn't)
  • Options
    arkonagadearkonagade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    edgecutt wrote: »
    Does either one take prepaid credit cards? Paypal says the card cannot be used and the other one keeps telling me there is an error with my info (even though there isn't)
    try leave out info except your name and card numbers
  • Options
    dreveardrevear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Bought the Guardian pack. Took over six hours to get the confirmation e-mail. Still have yet to recieve key, when I check on status says next access TBD.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow ..incredibly smooth transaction, good job cryptic.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    tronc8463tronc8463 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Is that card linked to a PayPal account that hasn't been verified yet? That's what happened to me. Once I verified it worked.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013

As tronc8463 stated you must first register/activate the prepaid card to make online purchases.
    Most of the 'unable to accept card' issues in this thread have been resolved by simply following the registering procedure required by pre-paid cards for security purposes.
  • Options
    discordinationdiscordination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited February 2013
    I bought guardian last night, but have yet to receive any email confirmation. My card shows a Paypal transaction pending but I've heard nothing from Cryptic. How long did other people take to get their emails?
    Essence of Aggression member
    Former 666th Devil Dogs Neverwinter Co-Commander
    16.6k BiS TR Flosstradamus
    15.8k BiS CW Veria Noying
    17.8 BiS GWF Carnage Asada
  • Options
    tronc8463tronc8463 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I bought guardian last night, but have yet to receive any email confirmation. My card shows a Paypal transaction pending but I've heard nothing from Cryptic. How long did other people take to get their emails?
    Pretty much instant once I had validated my PayPal account.
  • Options
    thelenogenthelenogen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Went smoothly.
    -Lenogen
  • Options
    thelenogenthelenogen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Received a few emails after 5 minutes telling me I am good to go.
    -Lenogen
  • Options
    isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Bought the $200 pack, got the transaction ID email, was not able to access my account for three days with password issues. Was able to get to the reset page from emails, it accepted the new passwords but still would not let me log in saying the passwords were wrong, was able to get in this morning...found out that my account has the founder status linked to it, but never entered any keys...never received any emails confirming it was added to the account, still no beta key emailed to me.

EDITED to update.
  • Options
    dreveardrevear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Are you seeing an error with your Neverwinter Founder's Pack purchase? Post here and we'll get back to you promptly.[/QUOTE]

I guess the promptly part only applied to those that purchased packs on Jan. 30th.
  • Options
    cyr1anacyr1ana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I bought the Guardian package, but I'm not able to download the client yet. When is the client up for download? Or maybe I have found an issue here?

Transaction status is completed.
  • Options
    gyloirgyloir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am having a problem with my title.

I bought the Guardian pack and I received the email + I can d/l the client and everything now.

However I can't set my title, I have no "permission group" area in my user cp, it just goes from "general settings" and then below that (where permission group should be) it has "edit ignore list."
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I had to log out and back in to set my title.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • Options
    gyloirgyloir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks, that worked!
  • Options
    dess30dess30 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Got mine finely and good to go!
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just reminder, these purchases need no keys, you have to go to your user CP to set your title, and if things don't work, logging out, clearing cookies and cache, then logging in often helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This isn't exactly a purchase issue, but it kind of is. I went to go buy a pack and noticed that it says a 7% sales tax will be added for New Jersey residents. I don't live in New Jersey, but I am seeing a tax added to my potential purchase. Is this intentional? Or is there something wrong with my settings that makes PayPal(and Skrill) think that I live in New Jersey and not the state I actually live in.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Paypal settings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Paypal settings.

Then why is Skrill also trying to charge me tax?
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    *boggled first time saw that* in THAT case...please make a support ticket forthwith.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    htf123htf123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Is the price showing as
  • Options
    htf123htf123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    htf123 wrote: »
    Is the price showing as

It keeps cutting off my post so trying again:

Is the price showing as €189.99 at checkout but $200 before that in all places on the site intended? Because for me that means a jump in price from about 130GBP to 180GBP which seems a bit steep to me and way out of my price range now.

I have submitted this as a support ticket but thought this thread might be more appropriate.

I have also found a vulnerability in your payment system and reported this via support as well, is there a better place to report it that gets read faster as that could cost you a lot of money if abused? I obviously did not abuse this myself.

Also using the symbol for the British pound makes your post disappear on this forum.
  • Options
    lunacristlunacrist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have sent a ticket on this already but perhaps someone is watching this since it says 3-4 days for a reply and the beta is tomorrow.

I bought the founders pack, the transaction is completed. I understand that the beta key is automatically applied to my account and received the email to download the client. However, when I get to the download page I am unable to d/l the client. I have also not received a buddy beta key.

Time is running short, i would love to have the game installed before it goes live. I have a friend that I told will be able to join me.
  • Options
    simpathicsimpathic Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would be willing to purchase the Collector's ED Heros of the North but not before I have even had a chance to try the game. I don't understand why anyone would be willing to shell out 200 dollars for a game they haven't even tried yet. I am sure that I'm not the only one who has made the mistake of getting a collector ed in the past for a game that ended up being totally fail, even though it looked good in previews and such. Case in point Final Fantasy 14, Star Trek Online, Age of Conan just to name a few. So even though this looks to be a promising game why do I as a player spend that much money on a game that I haven't even had the opertunity to try?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I can't get the support link to work, nor can I get the system to not try and charge me tax. Guess I won't be playing the beta this weekend.
  • Options
    dwaindiibleydwaindiibley Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This means that you've got the PC Gamer beta key. We haven't yet locked in which beta weekends PC Gamer keys are going to grant access, so stay tuned, we'll announce that as soon as it's finalized. :)

While I don't work much with the Billing team, my understanding is that this is entirely due to the Value-Added Tax charged by most countries in the EU. For comparison, a one-month subscription to Champions Online is 12.99 pre-VAT, but with VAT, it's 14.56 Euros -- roughly a 25% increase in price when converted to US dollars. VAT ain't cheap, I'm afraid... :(

Except I am pretty sure I have bought games and purchases in the past using the same USD conversions without being taxed. Surely for us EU customers you should remove the US sales tax on your product first before applying the VAT otherwise we are being charged twice?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Except I am pretty sure I have bought games and purchases in the past using the same USD conversions without being taxed. Surely for us EU customers you should remove the US sales tax on your product first before applying the VAT otherwise we are being charged twice?

It also unfair that it is a blanket 25% VAT for all of Europe when individual countries have their own VAT rates, mine being 20%.

It is down to how they have set up their paypal gateway, they send the total price inclusive of VAT to paypal instead of letting paypal add on the VAT based on the user's location like most other companies do.
This discussion has been closed.