test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    kysegotenkysegoten Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    u telling me i have to wait a hole other month to get in being a RaiderZ Elite Pack purchaser wtf kind of bull is that so far if u ask me your making this game already all about money i mean come on when did beta become the place u all make money its to find bugs not for u all 2 make money before its even out!
  • Options
    pensripensri Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    UPDATE: Please note that this is not the final list and is a work-in-progress. We're still evaluating our Beta Weekend plans and making sure that everyone has a fair chance to join us in Neverwinter Beta. A more final and complete list will be available once our plans are finalized. Thank you for understanding.

Greetings! Here is information on who will get access to our three Beta Weekends. We'll be updating this thread often so check back here for the latest information:

Beta Weekend 1 - February 8-10:
    • Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers
    • Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers

Beta Weekend 2 - March 8-10
    • Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    • RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasersRaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    • Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

Beta Weekend 3 - March 22-24
    • Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    • RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    • Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

Other Beta participants - Information to be revealed
    • PC Gamer promotional keys.
    • PAX / GenCon / Keys from game conventions and events.
    • Community Beta key giveaways through Facebook and Twitter.
    • Promotional Beta keys on partner sites.
    • And more!

Ok so the Raiderz is where I fall in. Im guessing we dont get our keys until that weekend or something. I was wondering why I hadnt received it yet. And these are some short beta's 0_o. Yall sure you dont want to give it a full month at least? I mean its never winter a lot of people are looking forward to it and willing to wait until we got it down pat. By the way guys you are asking way too much for your founders packs lol. If you really want people to spend even half that on the expensive ones you need to give them a chance as soon as you open the game for a good few months lol.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What about the friend key given to Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers (perhaps other purchases too)? Is the friend key for a given purchase on the same schedule as that purchase? So a friend key from the Hero pack gives access to all three weekends as well?
  • Options
    kfmckfmc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    You know, what IF there are fewer people buying HoN Founder's Packs and Guardian of Neverwinter Packs than expected. Would that lead to Cryptic opening up the beta pool to the other groups (TL2, RaiderZ, etc.)? Because it would seem silly do to a beta weekend with only a few dozen people.
  • Options
    tirent0000tirent0000 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think beta weekends are ok maybe for 1 or 2 months but they are not going to get full beta testing in unless the open the flood gates.... well of course they have to lay down the foundation * no pun intended *
  • Options
    pwetrailturtlepwetrailturtle Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kvet wrote: »
    What about the friend key given to Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers (perhaps other purchases too)? Is the friend key for a given purchase on the same schedule as that purchase? So a friend key from the Hero pack gives access to all three weekends as well?

We're still finalizing a plan for this, trying to keep access fair. Stay tuned for blog and forum posts, we'll make sure everyone knows. :)
  • Options
    kiry3kiry3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited January 2013
    kfmc wrote: »
    You know, what IF there are fewer people buying HoN Founder's Packs and Guardian of Neverwinter Packs than expected. Would that lead to Cryptic opening up the beta pool to the other groups (TL2, RaiderZ, etc.)? Because it would seem silly do to a beta weekend with only a few dozen people.
    I highly doubt there is only a few people buying the Guardian pack. I know I did, even though I have a Pax and PCgamer key. Why, cause I wanted to. :)
  • Options
    kingaultkingault Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kiry3 wrote: »
    I highly doubt there is only a few people buying the Guardian pack. I know I did, even though I have a Pax and PCgamer key. Why, cause I wanted to. :)

There's also the fact that you could afford it.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    Hey! Some of us have been waiting for years! What's a month in comparison? :p
    syberghost wrote: »
    Most MMORPG open betas end in a wipe, followed by Early Access, which is only a few days before launch. Every Cryptic beta ever has been that way, in previous games.

Have I mentioned what a pretty blue title you two have :)

Some news from Pin's own FAQ:

You will receive a select number of items from the pack(s) you purchased immediately when you log in to play during a Beta Weekend event. This provides an opportunity to try out these items and show them off to players in the Forgotten Realms. When Neverwinter launches, you will receive all items from the pack(s) you purchased to enjoy!

There you have it! Including launch!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    surf13surf13 Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Can you stop posting in white? It messes with my brain!

*holds his brain in his hands*

NOOO!!!! When I hit reply, I can't see - iCaNtS33!

EDIT:
    A grim nonemotional vice is heard - mission accomplished
    Yep...
    *starts laughing maniacally*
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    surf13 wrote: »
    Yep...
    *starts laughing maniacally*

Thats Surf for you
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    duckalowduckalow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Better be gettin' into the beta soon with my PCGamer key.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Probably be in March or later. Don't get too carried away here... they released dates that are (mostly) at least a month away.

Right now, PCGamer is listed as "Other Beta participants - Information to be revealed"

The other day STO Lifetime subscribers were in that last, now they're in the 2nd and 3rd group. You can bet you won't be in the first group -- clearly that's reserved for people that have purchased NWO merchandise directly. The 2nd seems to be for people that have paid significant money to other Cryptic titles and are getting this as a bonus/thank you. I would surmise that because PCGamer keys was/is a 3rd party / partner promotion that, likely, you'll be in the 3rd group, but you probably shouldn't expect the first. Which means, they have until March to let you know -- so be patient (hard, I know, but what choice do you have really?)
  • Options
    gufargufar Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    so i guess the hope that so many had that the full game would be released 1Q 2013 will not happen. Very disappointing
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Honestly, I expect the open beta to commence within a few weeks of the March date. Granted, that may be delayed due to issues that arise from testing, but when they start doing promotional betas, the release isn't usually that far off.
  • Options
    surf13surf13 Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thats Surf for you
    2011-12-28-Modest-Medusa.jpg
  • Options
    kellax3kellax3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    When the beta starts next weekend, will we have access to all possible classes or just the ones that have been announced?
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I just found this via the Dev Tracker:
    Hey there,
    1. We will launch with 5 classes. The Guardian Fighter, Great Weapon Fighter, Trickster Rogue, Devoted Cleric and Control Wizard.
    2. The Tab button is assigned to your class specific mechanic. This differs per class, but think Stealth for the Trickster Rogue and Unstoppable for the Great Weapon Fighter.
    3. We will launch with the Control Wizard. Other types of Wizards could be something we explore in the future, but for now we thought it more important to fill all of the combat roles and get a controller in there.
    4. There's lots in the works :) But, for launch there are only spellcasting ranged classes. That being said, the Trickster Rogue can specialize in several medium ranged attacks that allow him to play back a bit and deal damage at range.

Thanks for the questions :) Hope to see you in game!

Looks like the 5 announced classes are all that is ready.
  • Options
    gimpdaddy69gimpdaddy69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    so the people that bought torchlight 2 from you people a year ago have to wait even longer than the people you're suckering w/ $200 founder packs? hahaha i'll bet another 20 bucks this game is dead in a month
  • Options
    xiuhdragonxiuhdragon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Cant w8 for the beta weekends :D
  • Options
    daemonstheredaemonsthere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I don't know if this case has been talked about before, but what about the european players ? Is there gonna be a beta offer for us too (or just a simple usd -> euro coversion) ?
  • Options
    painy13painy13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Beta weekends have NDA or no?
    for what need diamonds?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    painy13 wrote: »
    Beta weekends have NDA or no?
    for what need diamonds?
    Stay tuned for any related announcement once the Beta Weekends draw near!

Astral Diamonds are a special currency within the game. If you are familiar with STO or CO, they are similar to how Dilithium and Questionite works in those games, respectively.
  • Options
    painy13painy13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    and what i can buy for diamonds in game? its mean in game 2 item shop? for Zen and for diamonds?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    painy13 wrote: »
    and what i can buy for diamonds in game? its mean in game 2 item shop? for Zen and for diamonds?
    Because this information is not full revealed, I do not want to give any answers that may change by release. So, what I will do is point you to this article on the STO site about Dilithium, to help give you a better understanding of what Astral Diamonds might be used for, how they might be obtained, and how they might be traded and relate to Zen: Dilithium 101
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    The question was actually answered when you bought the access, if they included an NDA with submission of payment, then yes you are bound by an NDA. If you were not informed of an NDA at the time of payment or prior to, then it would be illegal for them (in the US anyway) to include one after the fact, since that would involve ammending a contract, which BOTH parties have to agree to. If you paid and they try to deny you access based on the signing of an NDA, you basically are entitled to a refund and treble damages, plus court costs and legal fees. You wont get access, because the contract would be void, but damn.... pay 200, get 800.... hmmm interesting thought.
    Actually, up-to-date and currently legal binding NDA Contracts do not show up until your are trying to access said material. For example, in the case of CO and STO, when you first tried to log into them as a Tester while their testing phases were under an NDA, you would immediately be forced to agree to an NDA or choose do disagree and the client will terminate.

The flawed logic in the quote is understood when you realize that you are not paying for the product when buying Founder's Packs. The product is Free to Play. You are paying for virtual goods within the finished product come release. It just so happens, that they have included the ability to for Founders to enter into the CB tests, which may or may not be under an NDA. It also just so happens that some of the final products that these Founders packs contain may also be claimable in said Beta Testing.

However, this has no bearing on whether CBT will be under an NDA or not.. what I will say is if the NDA is indeed dropped for CBT, there will be an announcement prior or during.

There was mention of a Sphynx that posed a riddle however... and I'll leave it at that.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    An up to date NDA yes works on free access, the second you pay even $ 1.00 for it, it must be included in the original contract. It can be ammended, but not added without express consent by both parties or it is a breach of contract. Any NDA after that point, which is not an amendment, would be treated in court as "Signed Under Duress" and be thrown out.

As far as NDA being dropped for CBT, you can announce it all you want. The contract date is date of payment, after that it is a mute point.
    Again, you are not paying for the unfinished, or even finished product because the product is free to play. You are paying for virtual goods within the finished product. The product is not finished nor does the product cost any money.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gufar wrote: »
    so i guess the hope that so many had that the full game would be released 1Q 2013 will not happen. Very disappointing
    Why I keep saying not to listen to rumor. Sorry you were a victim to that.

so the people that bought torchlight 2 from you people a year ago have to wait even longer than the people you're suckering w/ $200 founder packs? hahaha i'll bet another 20 bucks this game is dead in a month

So how will you pay me when you lose?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]