test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited May 2013 in News & Announcements
UPDATE: Beta Weekend Four participants can start patching up to prepare for the weekend! Simply open up the launcher and login!

Greetings! Here is information on who will get access to our three Beta Weekends. We'll be updating this thread often so check back here for the latest information:

Beta Weekend 1 - February 8-10:
  • Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers
  • Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers
  • Hero of the North Friend Key, if it has not been used.

Beta Weekend 2 - March 8-10
  • Torchlight 2 pre-orders
  • RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
  • Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.
  • PC Gamer promotional keys.
  • Promotional Beta keys on partner sites.

Beta Weekend 3 - March 22-24
  • Torchlight 2 pre-orders
  • RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
  • Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.
  • PC Gamer promotional keys.
  • Community Beta key giveaways through Facebook and Twitter.
  • Promotional Beta keys on partner sites.
  • PAX / GenCon / Keys from game conventions and events.

Beta Weekend 4 - April 12-14:

One way to get guaranteed access is by purchasing a Neverwinter Founder's Pack. Get yours today and become a Hero of the North!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jojinraiunjojinraiun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Will there be wipes between any or all of these different beta dates and types of beta or are characters made now going to carry through to official regular release?
  • ekieronekieron Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jojinraiun wrote: »
    Will there be wipes between any or all of these different beta dates and types of beta or are characters made now going to carry through to official regular release?

This.

I believe this is a very fair question given that this is a product we can elect to pay for.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We need keys for these betas so they are closed betas, Usaully closed betas have a wipe. Open beta though nowadays anyone can join and there is no wipe.

Would be nice to get a confirmation this is how it will work though, devs/mods?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • okottekonekookottekoneko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    so those why subscribed for beta in the beginning before any of these promotions get last go eh?

thats pretty low, we aren't even on the list at this point.

i clicked for beta the week it was announced.
    i waited this long only to find out that dont mean anything to the devs and only paying customers are respected, look forward to see how much you restrict free players.
  • venomgundam123venomgundam123 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So wait instead of opening the beta to those who paid money to get into the closed beta you are making it so if we miss a beta weekend we essentially wasted our money. I can understand doing this for like an open beta weekend like firefall is doing but doing it this way seems a little too money grabby why should i wait a month after the first beta weekend when i paid MORE money than the founder pack people did?

It just seems like a very very baaaaaaaad decision on your part cryptic.
  • flairereverieflairereverie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So I'm guessing Torchlight 2 pre-orders doesn't include Steam pre-orders...
  • alamthaalamtha Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    thanks for clearing that up. It kinda stinks that torchlight 2 preorders dont get the first beta but i guess it makes it good incentive for those to buy the pack :-) smart move.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    So I'm guessing Torchlight 2 pre-orders doesn't include Steam pre-orders...
    Nay, this has been stated numerous times since the promotion was live. Your Steam Pre-Order promotion for T2 came with a free copy of Torchlight 1 instead. It was only the Pre-Order through the Official PWE T2 Website that grants Beta Access.
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited January 2013
    I'll continue to update this so check back. No one who purchased something in the past will be left out. Thanks!
  • mastrshadowmastrshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This might be off topic but can we also get a dollar conversion on the astral diamonds? How much AD would I get for 1$?

More on topic, how would multiple promotions work together? Does the first one take priority or the last one entered? For example, right now I'm a PC gamer beta tester but I buy a founders pack and put that code in. Do I still get the PC Gamer mount + the Founders pack perks? And vice versa I buy a founders pack tomorrow but decide I REALLY want that random horse mount from PC gamer and then put in a PC gamer code after I'm already a founder. Do I get both?
  • viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes you would get both.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Crytpic supporters who bought LT membership are left high n dry yet PWE people got first dibs on things. Way to go to reward those who funded your prior paychecks. Those with LT membership should get equal privileges as the TL2 pre-orders and RaiderZ elite pack if not more.

And no I'm not either of the group.
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Will buying the 200 dollar pack also give use the direwolf companion and other stuff from the 60$ pack?
  • cryptickalidorcryptickalidor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 76
    edited January 2013
    As a closed beta tester of both Champions and Star Trek and a Champions Lifetime subscriber since a month before launch I'd be inclined to agree. :)

But it is what it is.
  • varthisvarthis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So is the $200 basically just name reservation in open beta? Or will people be able to reserve names another way? With 2-days earlier access this seems to be the biggest selling point of the pack right now.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    varthis wrote: »
    So is the $200 basically just name reservation in open beta? Or will people be able to reserve names another way?
    There is no need to reserve names in the Cryptic Engine.

Character Names are unique only per account. Every player gets assigned a Server-wide Unique @handle. All characters made on the account share your Cryptic @handle.

For example, I can make ONLY one "Zebular" who, if a player enables the option to see @handles, would see me as "Zebular@Captain Zebular" in chat (not overhead names, overhead names only display the character name, not @handles) - I cannot make two "Zebular@Captain Zebular" characters on the same account.

However, if Bobby wishes, she could make a Zebular also, but her full character name would actually be something like "Zebular@bobby"

Hope that helps!
  • varthisvarthis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zebular wrote: »

Character Names are unique only per account. Every player gets assigned a Server-wide Unique @handle. All characters made on the account share your Cryptic @handle.

For example, I can make ONLY one "Zebular" who, if a player enables the option to see @handles, would see me as "Zebular@Captain Zebular" in chat (not overhead names, overhead names only display the character name, not @handles) - I cannot make two "Zebular@Captain Zebular" characters on the same account.

However, if Bobby wishes, she could make a Zebular also, but her full character name would actually be something like "Zebular@bobby"

Hope that helps!

I wish more online games would do it this way, really takes a lot of stress out of the initial rush. Thank you for the quick response, really looking forward to this game.
  • oldskylanceroldskylancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Reposting this here:

I'm in for the hero of the North package, but for my 2cents earliest beta code recipients should be in earliest beta, only fair guys. If you want to sell the packs give access to ongoing Alpha. It's all gonna be wiped for OB anyway.
    e84df321-2eb4-4d3b-97d2-854aa247afc4_zps96a2cec8.jpg

Orcus bane, Knight-wanderer of the Sword Coast
  • daxiongmao87daxiongmao87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited January 2013
    From: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30771-Neverwinter-Beta-Which-Founder-s-Pack-items-will-you-receive-during-Beta
    Neverwinter Beta - Which Founder's Pack items will you receive during Beta?
    Here is information on what you will receive when you log in to play Neverwinter Beta:

Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers
    Access to all three Beta Weekends
    Headstart Access - Get headstart access to Neverwinter. Start playing 5 days before everyone else for Open Beta.
    Beta Weekend Friend Invite - Invite a friend to a single Beta Weekend Event
    "Founder's" Title in Game
    "Hero of the North" Title on forums
    Moonstone Regular - Access to Moonstone Mask’s VIP lounge
    VIP Game Access - When loads are high, jump to the head of the queue and get priority log-in access.
    Small Bag of Holding per character
    750,000 Astral Diamonds once per account
    3 Extra Character Slots (5 total slots)

Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers
    Access to all three Beta Weekends
    Headstart Access - Get headstart access to Neverwinter. Start playing 3 days before everyone else for Open Beta.
    "Founder's" Title in Game
    "Hero of the North" Title on forums
    125,000 Astral Diamonds once per account
    1 Extra Character Slot (3 total slots)

Neverwinter Starter Kit purchasers
    Small Bag of Holding for a single character per Starter Pack purchased

Is this correct or is this supposed to be exclusive only to Hero of the North Founder Pack?
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Hope that helps!

That sounds cool but how do tells work. Would I have to type /tell zebular@captain ?
  • dcaldessadcaldessa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ya got an email a few months back saying that those with Lifetime subs to champions/ST would get access to the NWN beta , now nothing but a poker in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> , no way am i shelling out another 200 dollars for this game, when I supported the first Game they put out and basically waisted 200 dollars... way to treat your loyal fans " Cryptic" / end rant .
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2013
  • borak2borak2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    That sounds cool but how do tells work. Would I have to type /tell zebular@captain ?

I can answer this being a player of the other cryptic games. When you start typing /tell zebular all the zebulars@blahblahblah will pop up and you pick the handle you're looking for. If there is only one zebular than that name would pop up zebular@captain_zebular. It's like when you're texting and auto-correct pops up giving you suggestions on what you are typing
    edited January 2013
    You'll be able to contact me on any of my characters that I am on by simply sending an ingame tell to @captain zebular and whatever character I am on will get the private tell. You can also do as you said, and send a tell directly to that charater by placing teh name before the @handle. If I am in your friend's list and you start to type any of my character names, it will let you autocomplete the name choice by showing you my character name and handle the chat system things you're trying to send a /tell too.

If you really want to learn more and experience this first hand, check out either Champions Online or Star Trek Online, as both are also under the Cryptic Engine and use the same chat system.

(keep in mind, that I have a VERY old cryptic handle, so it has a space in it, now you cannot have spaces in @handles)
  • azmil77azmil77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am hoping PC gamer purchaser have an early access as well... oh well... sad panda here :(
    edited January 2013
    You'll be able to contact me on any of my characters that I am on by simply sending an ingame tell to @captain zebular and whatever character I am on will get the private tell. You can also do as you said, and send a tell directly to that charater by placing teh name before the @handle. If I am in your friend's list and you start to type any of my character names, it will let you autocomplete the name choice by showing you my character name and handle the chat system things you're trying to send a /tell too.

If you really want to learn more and experience this first hand, check out either Champions Online or Star Trek Online, as both are also under the Cryptic Engine and use the same chat system.

(keep in mind, that I have a VERY old cryptic handle, so it has a space in it, now you cannot have spaces in @handles)

Thanks this sounds very awsome. I really liked SWTOR but I lost everyone of my names when they server merged and I quit. Once I pic a name for a character I kind of see them with that name. What do you see over the character? just name like Bobcat would be over my head?
  • gerigeri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wow, a MONTH space between 1st & 2nd phases , a bit much maybe ?

unless the beta is coming prematurely after alpha , with anticipated issues that are still being worked on as we speak.

its the only explanation that comes to mind.

i guess i'll still be around either way , but the big time gap , is disappointing to say the least.

o well, still lookin forward to it.

i guess to get things THOROUGHLY fixed/worked on , these excessively large times are needed on occasion
    edited January 2013
    borak2 wrote: »
    I can answer this being a player of the other cryptic games. When you start typing /tell zebular all the zebulars@blahblahblah will pop up and you pick the handle you're looking for. If there is only one zebular than that name would pop up zebular@captain_zebular. It's like when you're texting and auto-correct pops up giving you suggestions on what you are typing

I didn't see this till after I read Zebular.. man I really like this system I've always wanted to see two Bobs or three Jasons. Thanks alot guys for info that just really got me excited.
    edited January 2013
    Thanks this sounds very awsome. I really liked SWTOR but I lost everyone of my names when they server merged and I quit. Once I pic a name for a character I kind of see them with that name. What do you see over the character? just name like Bobcat would be over my head?
    Yep, IN GAME, over your character's avatar players will see just your name, not your @handle. So if your full name & handle is "Bob the Cat@bobcat1313" then in game, players will just see "Bob the Cat" yet if they have it enabled, in chat they will see "Bob the Cat@bobcat1313" (yes, you can put spaces in character names, just not in handles - unless you have a legacy handle like me).

It is worth noting too that players will be able to turn off and on the seeing of over-head names as well, and I'll say again just to be clear to anyone else picking up the discussion from here, you can also choose to either see or not see @handles in chat.
  • justdacexjustdacex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok so I have been checkin on this site and quickly browsing the news section for anything beta related and haven't seen anything except for the thanks for playing with us in France cause if you did you are auto-invited to the beta! Cool I wished I had a few thousand dollars to go there. Where do I buy this stuff to get the beta invite? I mean shouldn't links have been added to this?