test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Welcome to Neverwinter

Comments

• Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    Welcome to Neverwinter! In short, just by being a registered member of Perfect World Entertainment, you are now in a lot for a random chance at getting beta access. It has also been stated that there will be plenty of ways to get beta keys once CBT begins. Closed Beta has not yet begun, so no beta keys have yet been sent out to those who qualify. The only keys that have been obtained are ones handed out at the conventions.

You may wish to check out this thread as well as my recent post here.

Thanks for the referral to my FAQ BTW. I've updated the FAQ to properly list all known Beta access including the lifetime access deal, as well as tentative beta start dates (may be pushed back to late 2012 though.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    i have done extensive research, and the most conclusive is " game will be released early 2013, with beta available a couple months before", so id say end of october, which would be good for christmas gift cards to get the ball rolling. just sayin. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • Options
    thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    besides. granting access around halloween is very dungeons and dragonesque
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    unclemonkey8unclemonkey8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As excited as I am about playing Neverwinter, I am actually more interested in the tool set (Foundry). I CAN wait (I hate when people say "i cant wait" and then complain about an unfinished, un-polished game) to get my hands creating.

A few things.
    1. NWN1 Rules
    2. Please take your time
    3. Shout out to Bill Patterson "Mossbourne" and Dionnah. hope you all are still around :)
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As excited as I am about playing Neverwinter, I am actually more interested in the tool set (Foundry). I CAN wait (I hate when people say "i cant wait" and then complain about an unfinished, un-polished game) to get my hands creating.

A few things.
    1. NWN1 Rules
    2. Please take your time
    3. Shout out to Bill Patterson "Mossbourne" and Dionnah. hope you all are still around :)

*sighs*

Regarding 1, we can't have NWN1 rule-sets as this uses 4e not 3e inspired rules. Please read my FAQ and if you need to, skip to section II (the second post) where I explain how the basic game-play works.

As for 2, they delayed the game just to make sure it was better polished and included things like PvP so this is why it's releasing early 2013.

But I too hope for the icons of 3 to also be around no matter what/when the game is!

And the Foundry is integrated into the game so when one releases, so does the other, including separate but equal beta testing for the Foundry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    slobacaric2slobacaric2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey, i would like to know when will this game will be in open beta? And if it will be Pay 2 Play or Free 2 Play?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Hey, i would like to know when will this game will be in open beta? And if it will be Pay 2 Play or Free 2 Play?

Welcome to Neverwinter!

Open Beta has not yet been announced, except it will begin shortly before the game's release.

The game will be entirely free to play in regards to missions or modules and player-created misions. This is not a "freemium" game. So far, XP boosts, pets and cosmetic items have been mentioned as what will be sold as micro-transactions, but no absolute decision has been made including if any classes/races will be charged for. We don't even have an official final list of classes yet.
    But let me quote this question and my answer given so far:

What do they mean when they say "Free to Play?" Do I have to buy the "Box" like I do in Guild Ward 2? Do I have to pay for mission content like I do in Dungeons and Dragons Online? Do I really have to buy components to be able to beat the enemies thus "pay to win?"

Updated 8/22/2012: When Cryptic says Free to Play, they mean free to play! No "client box" cost (a free download.) You never pay for "adventure modules" and you can beat the enemies without having to pay for gear! Andy Velasquez makes this explicitly clear on 5:24 of this video! The "microtransactions" will be discussed closer to launch and this will be updated as we receive more information. However, they should cover things like clothing and cosmetics (and possibly animals and other modes of transportation.) Again, when more information is available on the specifics of Neverwinter, this will be updated.

More information on Neverwinter can be read on at their "About the Game" section (click all of the tabs) and my Neverwinter New Users FAQ stickied under the Neverwinter Discussion section)

Hope this helped!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mustachemavmustachemav Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    To get a feel / peek for how the free to play model will work in NW, may i suggest you download and just test play Star Trek Online or Champions Online or any other PWE title (those are the only other PWE/Cryptic games i have played so far). You can see the potential foundation for how the system will be implemented and how the Z-store works.

fs_overall.png
    Facebook | STOked Radio
    Twitter | @STOkedshow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    To get a feel / peek for how the free to play model will work in NW, may i suggest you download and just test play Star Trek Online or Champions Online or any other PWE title (those are the only other PWE/Cryptic games i have played so far). You can see the potential foundation for how the system will be implemented and how the Z-store works.

fs_overall.png

While I encourage any player to test out Cryptic's games, a caveat:

These games were originally subscription games which had to be converted financially and mechanically to a free to play system. This game is free to play from the ground up, so a lot of things done in those games for micro-transactions are not going to be done in this and bypass a lot of "freemium" concerns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dek359dek359 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I am so ready to play this. I own NWN 1 and 2. I have a DDO account. I dont play it so much since I was never an Eberon fan. I have and always shall be a fan of the Sword Coast. To set the scene, I have played and beaten Every D&D game based in the Forgotten Realms since the original Pool of Radience (DOS version) It was what sparked me to play Table top D&D. It also launched me on a great and wild ride as the youngest DM in Ohio at the age of 9. I am proud of my dice drawer in desk. I got every type from 4 sided to 100 sided. If there was any way I could get a chance to test Neverwinter to me, it would be a great honor to do it. If the graphics are as good as what I have seen on Star Trek Online and Perfect World, then I know it will be amazing.
  • Options
    paladinecapaladineca Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    While I encourage any player to test out Cryptic's games, a caveat:

These games were originally subscription games which had to be converted financially and mechanically to a free to play system. This game is free to play from the ground up, so a lot of things done in those games for micro-transactions are not going to be done in this and bypass a lot of "freemium" concerns.

Couldn't agree more. STO Free To Play was one of the best MMO experiences I have ever had. If NWO is anything like that this will be a fantastic game!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dek359dek359 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ok, where do I find out a possable Beta start up date or something? My wife noticed this site and looked at it too. Her comment was "I hope we have a second computer before this goes active, I want to play too. If we only have one, I will never get on unless you are asleep or at work."
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    dek359 wrote: »
    Ok, where do I find out a possable Beta start up date or something? My wife noticed this site and looked at it too. Her comment was "I hope we have a second computer before this goes active, I want to play too. If we only have one, I will never get on unless you are asleep or at work."

On that you know as much as we do. I wrote on my FAQ about when and where and what that has been shown in the first section or post, and will update it when we know, but we'll be told when they announce it here and on other social media. But if you had questions about if "signed up" other "offers" and such regarding all known things Beta, I covered those too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fredchipmunkfredchipmunk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Unlike many of the posters here, I hope the developers take their time producing the game. Far to many MMORPGs are released before they are ready.

I understand the closed and open Beta process, having been a beta tester going back to AOL's Realms in 1993 (I was also an AOL employee). Releasing a game too soon and it will discourage many players.

I am currently involved in a MMORPG that just came out of Beta. There have been seven major updates in the last 11 months. Each changed the story-line and thread enough to cause me to now have seven characters. I'd rather have one character that I can develop smoothly. Although there are several character classes on NO that I'd like to try.
    b:mischievous
  • Options
    indonesiacityindonesiacity Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ask how i can play this game?

i search on this website and i can't find download link, any solution?

thank regards
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ask how i can play this game?

i search on this website and i can't find download link, any solution?

thank regards
    You can't. Not released yet.

Info
  • Options
    countfirexcountfirex Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If im not mistakin have we not been waiting for 1 year already and still waiting more for this game to be launched in beta seems like its taking way longer than i was expecting it to be. b:surrender
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    The best things are worth the wait! :-)
  • Options
    djblood2djblood2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    when? when i can play this game? T_T
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    djblood2 wrote: »
    when? when i can play this game? T_T

It is due to release sometime in early 2013. Closed Beta hasn't begun yet. Check the FAQ linked to under my signature image for more information.
  • Options
    denkira9denkira9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    how long till it comes out to the public?? :(
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    denkira9 wrote: »
    how long till it comes out to the public?? :(

Read the post right above you. That's as specific as they have gotten at the date of this reply.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    My question is a little different: How many times, up until now, have the mods had to reply in the form of "check freakin' the FAQS!"

These new guys.....really. *shoots self*
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    My question is a little different: How many times, up until now, have the mods had to reply in the form of "check freakin' the FAQS!"

These new guys.....really. *shoots self*

6321, but who's counting? ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    planesdrifterplanesdrifter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    been a long time player of ddo so i have been watching the development of this game for some time cant wait to see if ill have a new obsession
  • Options
    felix1252felix1252 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just wish they could leak out some more content information for us to discuss/chat about xD
    Looking for a friendly english speaking EU Guild.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    felix1252 wrote: »
    I just wish they could leak out some more content information for us to discuss/chat about xD

Isn't that what China is for :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nehanobsnehanobs Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    icant wait for this game
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    nehanobs wrote: »
    im i doing something wrong in posting a question i cant find a answer to after searching?
    ive had my two previous posts deleted?
    Please check your private messages by pressing the "User CP" link up top, below the banner advertisement. Thank you.