test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Welcome to Neverwinter

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2013 in News & Announcements
On behalf of everyone here at Cryptic, I'd like to welcome everyone to Neverwinter!
We are happy that you have chosen to join the Neverwinter Community and we look forward to getting to know all of you during your stay with us.

Here are a few helpful hints that will make your forum experience better:

1) Use the Search tool. Before creating a new thread, take a minute to see if someone else has started a discussion about your topic to which you can add your contribution.

2) Keep an eye out for Developer posts. Posts from Devs will be clearly marked and you can also use the Dev Tracker to keep tabs on us. Along with the hint above, many of your questions could be answered with a few mouse clicks.

3) Please read the Atari Community Rules and Policies. It's important that you do so in order to maintain a fun and friendly atmosphere for everyone who visits.

4) We are here for you! Don't hesitate to ask us questions, offer suggestions and give us your feedback. We will do our best to answer what we can and we love to hear from you.

Once again, welcome to the Neverwinter Forums. We hope you enjoy your time here!
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2011
    I just wanted to say.. that if I was not at work I would be yelling that is how excited I am. Plus if the Foundry for NWO is as cool as it is in STO (even if my adventures are taking a million years to complete) this game should be AWESOME!
    edited June 2011
    Been around a long time with MMOs...MUDs before that. I really want this to be good, as Neverwinter is legendary....only venue I could see being better would either be Zhentil Keep or Baldur's Gate.
    edited June 2011
    super excited to try this out, and loving the STO foundry can't wait to see what I can do with this one
    edited June 2011
    so when do we get to play?
    edited June 2011
    Hi,I'm so excited to see this game coming online.Big fan of it.
    Since Cryptic Studio has been purchased last month by Perfect World,so curious to know which company is going to serve as publisher and operator to Never Winter,Atari or Perfect World?
    Thank u.
    edited June 2011
    I just hope the wait isn't too long. You teases. < x <

Feeling anxious... Will it live up to the enjoyment I/we had with the original one? Time will tell = 3=
    edited June 2011
    point's finger and whisper's "Die"

Looking forward too many years of gaming in the new NWN Realm :eek:
    edited June 2011
    Singed up to the newsletter, excited to see how this turns out.
    Been a vet MMO player since UO, but hasn't seen anything exciting in the MMO world for a long while(both Western and Eastern side of the game), innovations has been lacking. Hope Neverwinter could be a breath of fresh air, very excited to see how this turns out.
    edited June 2011
    Hi,I'm so excited to see this game coming online.Big fan of it.
    Since Cryptic Studio has been purchased last month by Perfect World,so curious to know which company is going to serve as publisher and operator to Never Winter,Atari or Perfect World?
    Thank u.

Atari is the only company who owns all rights to publish D&D Videogames, so there is no way Cryptic or Perfect World can. Only Atari can. Or they will go through another year long lawsuit over the liscence with Wizards of the coast and hasbro.
    edited June 2011
    Azimn wrote: »
    I just wanted to say.. that if I was not at work I would be yelling that is how excited I am. Plus if the Foundry for NWO is as cool as it is in STO (even if my adventures are taking a million years to complete) this game should be AWESOME!

Fullheartedly agree. Now I am waiting for both Cryptic game and player base creations. :D
    edited June 2011
    Having played and still currently on occasion playing CO and STO

Please let it be that NWN has gone in a more in depth and refined direction regarding content; not a rushed release, and Cryptic has applied lessons learned with the previous two games to this up coming release.

/crosses fingers, legs, eyes, arms.
    edited June 2011
    NWO! :eek:

Scary acronym.

I can't wait to see how this works out. The little bit I've been able to learn so far has definitely piqued my interest. If done well, this game should be lots of fun. At very least it'll just be nice to have a true RPG again. So many new RPGs are getting away from what makes the genre great in favor of more/faster action for the short attention span crowd. I miss the slower paced, methodical hardcore RPGs of the past. I'm hoping this game will live up to the Neverwinter name and deliver on that.
    edited June 2011
    It's good to be aboard.

I love STO and I love D&D, so I am glad it is you guys doing D&D right!
    edited June 2011
    I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully Cryptic does take their time ans make it a true RPG and not an action-RPG.
    edited June 2011
    NWO? ... thank you god ;3;
    edited June 2011
    I tested CO and STO with great satisfaction of try very good games. If NW online is half as good as other two games we will play hundred of hours of enjoyment.. Congratulations to everybody involved in this wonderful game, in which we run across the fantastic world of D&D, Forgotten Realms and Neverwinter city...

Thank you friends...
    edited June 2011
    I am truly looking forward to this game, after stormreach which initally had promise but a dearth of a player base I was unsure of what to expect. This game looks phenomenal so far. I truly cannot wait to play it.
    edited June 2011
    Xairyn wrote:
    Atari is the only company who owns all rights to publish D&D Videogames, so there is no way Cryptic or Perfect World can. Only Atari can. Or they will go through another year long lawsuit over the liscence with Wizards of the coast and hasbro.

Well that could have been considered in the purchase. There could be agreements that would allow this game to go be released. Although yes, could lead to more lawsuits.

I wish Atari, Hasbro and/or Perfect World would make some statement on the matter.
    edited June 2011
    Scotch79 wrote: »
    I am truly looking forward to this game, after stormreach which initally had promise but a dearth of a player base I was unsure of what to expect. This game looks phenomenal so far. I truly cannot wait to play it.

So did I read the release date right for 12/31/11?
    edited June 2011
    Beta-Fodder, reporting for duty
    edited June 2011
    I came upon the teaser site around October of last year, and have been waiting for more information since. I was tentative when I read that Cryptic was involved in this game. I love City of Heroes/Villains and Champions Online is fun to play. I felt upset that another franchise that I loved went the MMO route, and Neverwinter Nights is one of my favorite games. About a week later I found the site again and decided to see what information they provided about the game. I liked both companies enough to give them the benefit of the doubt. What pleasantly surprised me was they didn't call it an MMO but a Co-op Roleplaying game. In the end I'll have to wait and see, but if they stick to the concept of a Co-op Roleplaying game I'll definitely keep an eye out for this game.
    edited June 2011
    Looking forward to seeing how this turns out, being a longtime D&D geek, plus as a fan of the old SSI "Gold Box" games, I am always looking out for ways to "recapture my youth" from Pool of Radiance on my Commie, to NWN on AOL on my PC.

I like the Cryptic engine (at least as far as it goes on STO), so hopefully it'll be easy to jump right in (as long as they keep a somewhat familiar interface).

Also, I am glad to see I am not the only STO player checking in over here.... Usually, Fantasy and SciFi can take some horribly different views on eachother.
    edited June 2011
    It seems that devs are going out of the way to make sure people dont call this an mmo, so from the trailer, I am guessing the closest thing would be dragon age with multi player/co op options? Which in my opionion will be a great thing. I look forward to it.
    edited June 2011
    So the site and some info are finally up.

Will be keeping an eye on this. A very close eye to see if this will not turn into a WoW like game.

Will there be any chances of beta testing by us the future players before the final version is up? This would give you guys a very clear picture to what may happen on diffierent systems then what you have used.

Wolfen:cool:
    edited June 2011
    umm Hi, I was wondering would this make it easier to run a D&D Campaign between friends who are moving away for college? like would you be able to have your own area/server for your adventure? and how exactly is this going to set itself apart from the tried and worn MMO? I know its no where near that kind of game but I keep wondering how, Honestly just anything you can tell me beyond the E3 teaser would be great, I only saw the video not the presentation on the clip, and I've read a few interviews that only got me more interested but didn't answer many of my questions so I was wondering if anyone could help me with that? Thanks
    edited June 2011
    Hi all. A question... Is this game free or pay to play?
    edited June 2011
    umm Hi, I was wondering would this make it easier to run a D&D Campaign between friends who are moving away for college? like would you be able to have your own area/server for your adventure? and how exactly is this going to set itself apart from the tried and worn MMO? I know its no where near that kind of game but I keep wondering how, Honestly just anything you can tell me beyond the E3 teaser would be great, I only saw the video not the presentation on the clip, and I've read a few interviews that only got me more interested but didn't answer many of my questions so I was wondering if anyone could help me with that? Thanks

As it stands, the main adventuring story would be provided by Cryptic.... HOWEVER, as Neverwinter will ahve access to The Foundry, you are going to be able to create your own quests and campaigns.
    edited June 2011
    I read on the site that many of the games details have yet to be decided such as what races and classes will be available at startup. I waited well over two years for STO to finally get released. Everywhere anyone says anything about a timeline for either the closed beta or the actual release date all I see is Cryptic basically saying no comment.

I am an avid fan of D&D as a whole and I currently play WOW, DDO, STO and ROHAN. I am excited to hear about this new version of D&D, but I do not want to wait another two years to see it.

Is it not even possible to drop any hints at all about the games' expected timeline?
    edited June 2011
    Loved the original NWN, if this lives up to that standard and doesn't fall into a would be WoW game, I will be very happy!
    edited June 2011
    It's not an MMO but a Co-op RPG?
    It sounds like...Phantasy Star Online?:p