test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Welcome to Neverwinter

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2011
    Rik81 wrote: »
    Loved the original NWN, if this lives up to that standard and doesn't fall into a would be WoW game, I will be very happy!

I fully agree on that one. Though I am playing WoW atm....NWN was at least 100 times better.
    edited June 2011
    I am kind of uncertain about this. Is it an MMO or not? Or are we looking at a game like Bioware's NWN, except Cryptic is providing servers and a majority of the content?

I wish I could be excited about this, but it suffers from two problems I can see. 1) An online game of any type could never do justice to the beauty and richness of the (pre-Spellplague) Forgotten Realms; and 2) The fact that this is set in the Post-Spellplague Realms. Wizards/Hasbro took every single thing that made the Realms my favorite place to be, and burnt, twisted, spindled, and mutilated it until it was unrecognizable. (To be completely honest, to some degree it's a relief this is set in post-Spellplague Realms. I mean, they can't ruin it much more, can they?)

Having said all that, I'll probably still keep my eye on the game. I could be surprised.

ETA: Just thought I should mention that the trailer looks awesome. :)
    edited June 2011
    A friend sent me information about this game. I was greatly enjoying (understatement of the year) the Neverwinter Nights 1 and the toolset it offered years back, and this project looks very interesting indeed! Could this really be a step in the right direction away from the mountains of poo piles?

I'll give this a chance and offer some blood and sweat (but hopefully no tears), as well as work hours, for beta testing.

If the original custom creation paradise of NWN 1 could be ressurrected in a new modern form, it would be nothing less than the greatest acomplishment in this decade. :D
    edited June 2011
    do you have to pay a monthly money thing to play it or is it for free like the other nwn parts?
    edited June 2011
    Browsing through the Q&A, it sounds like they have not decided on a pricing structure yet. Even if it is a software purchase and small monthly fee, it’ll be worth it if the content and game engine is good. I have been a DDO player for a few years, and am ready to make a change to a different type of system, even if it isn’t exactly a MMO type.
    edited June 2011
    Foxley5 wrote:
    do you have to pay a monthly money thing to play it or is it for free like the other nwn parts?

This is also my biggest question. I fell in love 10 years ago with NWN1 and I am very much looking forward for this game after dissapointing NWN2, but I'd have to pass on this game if the monthly payments are required.
    edited June 2011
    Yay! Can't hardly wait to see this in action!
    edited June 2011
    Just wondering, would STO's lifetimers be invited to a closed beta, similar to Champion's lifetimers were for STO?
    edited June 2011
    Although forums are useful, it's well known that they're slower than real-time/live chat. I feel you'll benefit immensely from using chat such as www.mibbit.com or other IRC/chat clients. It's more interactive and creative, not to mention faster, than a forum.

I look forward with great anticipation to NWO's "live" debut. It's bound to be fun! Two thumbs up!
    edited June 2011
    The pleadings for a release date are seeming to be ignored. Anyone have a clue for a release date? If not, why is that?
    edited June 2011
    JeffSH wrote:
    The pleadings for a release date are seeming to be ignored. Anyone have a clue for a release date? If not, why is that?

It's already been announced...late this year. If you want and exact date then Dec 31st of PLANNED release date.
    edited June 2011
    I am considerably overwhelmed with excitement... As are all of the true FR fans... the ambiguity of the post-spellplague realms, the completely malleable future of the forgotten realms are before us! Who knows, perhaps we will unwittingly delve dangerous dungeons alongside Bob Salvatore, or Kemp?? And perhaps they will like our quests and political intricacies enough to write about them??

Is the future of the Forgotten Realms in our hands??

edited June 2011
    will neverwinter online be
    F2P (free to play) or P2P (pay to play)?:confused:
    edited June 2011
    StormShade wrote:
    On behalf of everyone here at Cryptic, I'd like to welcome everyone to Neverwinter!
    We are happy that you have chosen to join the Neverwinter Community and we look forward to getting to know all of you during your stay with us.

Here are a few helpful hints that will make your forum experience better:

1) Use the Search tool. Before creating a new thread, take a minute to see if someone else has started a discussion about your topic to which you can add your contribution.

2) Keep an eye out for Developer posts. Posts from Devs will be clearly marked and you can also use the Dev Tracker to keep tabs on us. Along with the hint above, many of your questions could be answered with a few mouse clicks.

3) Please read the Atari Community Rules and Policies. It's important that you do so in order to maintain a fun and friendly atmosphere for everyone who visits.

4) We are here for you! Don't hesitate to ask us questions, offer suggestions and give us your feedback. We will do our best to answer what we can and we love to hear from you.

Once again, welcome to the Neverwinter Forums. We hope you enjoy your time here!

Stormshade, please make it stick in the "Neverwinter Discussion" ;]
    edited June 2011
    Qumi wrote: »
    Stormshade, please make it stick in the "Neverwinter Discussion" ;]
    Unless that sticky is falsely titled as "Join the Beta NOW" or something like that, most people will ignore it anyway. :p
    edited June 2011
    Don't think so. People like to say "hi" to the devs ;-)
    edited July 2011
    I'm extremely excited myself. I'm sure the single player experience will be awesome, but the chance to create your own adventure or use somebody else's is what makes me smile.
    edited July 2011
    Uooo, i can't wait. I'll play this third chapter whatever it will be! MMorpg, co-op game, f2p, p2p! The NWN's saga is my prefered in whole videogame history
    edited July 2011
    Looking forward to playing D@D again,hope it wont be to long before it will be released.
    edited July 2011
    Hello! I'm excited for this game.
    edited July 2011
    I am also quite excited about this game. NWN 1 was absolutely amazing, I used to play on the Narfell server. I hope that this game turns out to be a good one, and that someone will recreate Narfell. Cheers!
    edited July 2011
    If we can believe Amazon release date will be December 31, 2011
    Price $49.99

Link
    edited July 2011
    A friend sent me information about this game. I was greatly enjoying (understatement of the year) the Neverwinter Nights 1 and the toolset it offered years back, and this project looks very interesting indeed! Could this really be a step in the right direction away from the mountains of poo piles?

I'll give this a chance and offer some blood and sweat (but hopefully no tears), as well as work hours, for beta testing.

If the original custom creation paradise of NWN 1 could be ressurrected in a new modern form, it would be nothing less than the greatest acomplishment in this decade. :D
    I would agree with that. NWN 1 was a great thing as far as creating and having all of the control of your creations. From what I understand is you can have your creation (world) on there already made one and you just enter a door or something. I would much prefer for people to get on your own server like they did in NWN1. It made it feel more like your own work.
    edited July 2011
    just joined this site, how do i play the game? or is the game not available yet? email me at gwenn7@yahoo.com
    edited July 2011
    how do u play this game! like it wont let me play it all i can do is look at post how do i get to the game
    edited August 2011
    yeah I have don't know if its already out or not. I seriously want to play this, it looks awesome!:cool:
    edited August 2011

check the FAQ section guys, it'll give you info to your questions. Then check the main page and dev posts for current info as it's offered.

...weez allz iz exzited to playz !

:)
    edited August 2011
    I am really looking forward to playing this game. Even more now that I have read Gauntlgrym. Neverwinter Nights was great! See you in game :cool:
    edited August 2011
    Can't wait to play!
    edited August 2011
    Guys got anymore news? been almost a month now.