What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Welcome to Neverwinter

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2012
    guy0062 wrote:
    I want to know how can I play the game.

The game isn't out yet (slated for 4th quarter 2012). So the only way to play would be to invent a time machine (and hopefully report back!)

In the meantime, though you should definitely read around on the forums. There are a ton of fascinating discussions.

You may also want to check out Star Trek Online and Champions Online, to see what kinds of games Cryptic has presently.

Well met!
    edited March 2012
    Can't wait for this game........:D
    edited March 2012
    I used to play Neverwinter Nights for hours upon hours growing up.
    It's what originally got me into playing!
    Being the devout PWE player I am, I have just GOT to try this out.
    You cannot even fathom my excitement for this to launch.
    (Literally all of my faction-mates online on PWI laughed at my nerdy happiness xD)

SOOO PUMPED!!
    edited April 2012
    Im playing dragons call for what seems like forever. It was supposed to be a couple of months off....Meeting quite a few players that have interest, but never dipped into a real community with this kind of history for the most part.
    Im posting links that might pay off as we get closer. I hope to bring as many as I can with me.
    I ran a messageboard for nwn1&2 on yahoo and still has a couple hundred members. It will be fun to see how many make the long strange journey here.
    Here's to a great launch!:)
    edited April 2012
    This is a action rpg or a wowlike rpg?
    edited April 2012
    ravolkz wrote: »

Yes and no... in no particular order. Seriously, though, your question is rather entirely unclear and open to interpretation.
    edited April 2012
    ravolkz wrote: »
    nekoatl wrote:
    Yes and no... in no particular order. Seriously, though, your question is rather entirely unclear and open to interpretation.

Yeah, not sure what one and the other differ on.

Are WoW MMO's not with action or are action MMOs missing features that WoW has as the baseline standard of MMOs's? Something else, parts of this? Please clarify.

But if I were to guess, this will be a D&D like MMO. How much it is or is not like Neverwinter Nights or Dungeons and Dragons Online is yet to be seen when it comes to UI or theme. Fortunately, we have an upcoming convention that will have this game previewed very very soon.
    edited April 2012
    Uh ya!:mad:
    edited April 2012
    tlantl_01 wrote:
    Uh ya!:mad:

Your response is puzzling. Care to explain its meaning?
    edited April 2012
    Asm0deus wrote:
    Is funny you agree with a quote that supports my claim lol and furthermore is something i was thinking as wrote that post.

I was not supporting or opposing anyone, just speculating.
    But now from initial reports from PAX I can say that it indeed surpassed my expectations. It seems much better and different from what I expected.
    Am excited and can't wait to get my hands on it. Hope you feel the same.
    :D
    edited April 2012
    gillrmn wrote:
    I was not supporting or opposing anyone, just speculating.
    But now from initial reports from PAX I can say that it indeed surpassed my expectations. It seems much better and different from what I expected.
    Am excited and can't wait to get my hands on it. Hope you feel the same.
    :D

Yes i'm excited about this game and will be happy when even more info is released.

You might have been speculating but your speculation supports what i was saying , even if that was not your intention :)
    edited April 2012
    Certainly looking forward to this game ... have always been a fan of Forgotten Realms. :)
    edited April 2012
    opps double post :eek:
    edited April 2012
    well when it comes out i hope it will be downloadable client & F2P :)
    i hope itemshop wont be like in some MMO'S, like PAY TO WIN!!!!!
    cos PAY TO WIN makes game unbalanced!!!!!!
    balanced game earn more money then unbalanced games!!!!!! :)

there are other ways how game dev can earn money with itemshop, PAY TO WIN is not only option!!!!!! cos players do buy stuff from items shop & meany do this to sell itemshop stuff to other players to make in game money, so i hope they make it balanced :), in cabal online i used item shop 3 times, i play'd it 2 years & stoped, i have only play'd 1 perfect world game so far (star trek online)

i have play'd NWN 1 & 2, i'm kind of Neverwinter fan a little :)
    i guess most of the people here have play'd NWN 1 & 2
    edited April 2012
    Great.....
    edited April 2012
    I Am So Excited For Neverwinter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited April 2012
    I can't wait to play this game :) trailers are great.
    edited April 2012
    Hello I saw a beta planned and I have wanted to know the date of this
    edited April 2012
    t3pk wrote: »
    Hello I saw a beta planned and I have wanted to know the date of this

As per his last Pax East interview Late 2012
  • vamps007vamps007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I've been waiting a long time for a game to peak my interests like this one does. Always loved the other DnD type games. Good luck dev team!
  • minecraftninlordminecraftninlord Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    aghhh i cant wait for this to come out or get into beta!!
  • mzeeusikumzeeusiku Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2012
    Right there with you. Remember NWN on AOL? lol Darksun Online, all the rest.... the foundry should help, as long as they dont allow exp machines like they did in COH
  • psychodracpsychodrac Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Any of you play NWN online under AOL? I was online at the time and was the creator of the Guild "Gray Knights"... Anybody remember?
  • ayatonayaton Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Has been a long time since i've touched anything D&D-like. But i think this is going to be awesome. Can hardly wait to be sucked back into those great fantasy realms.
    Go for it and make it good b:pleased
  • lorduglordug Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    so i was wondering is the BETA out yet? and how would I gain access to it? I have played every single baulders gates, icewind dale, and neverwinter night games and ive loved every one and I can not wait to get on Neverwinter online!!! please somone help!
  • tl73tl73 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    STO player looking to try out Neverwinter....recently gave up on WoW cuz blizzard is lame. :p anyways....is this going to be a free game or subscription type? anyone know? thanks all and happy hunting
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Beta is not out yet. It hasn't even been announced. Keep an eye on news section of website. When announced there would be a lot of threads regarding that, and forums would be much livlier compared to this ghost town.
  • argorikargorik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited August 2012
    Looking forward to this coming out alot! neverwinter has always been one of my favorite places.
  • ahorahanahorahan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am having a really hard time figuring out how to register for a beta key. I've already got a user name for perfect world, but I've seen absolutely no way to actually register for this beta. I've been an enormous fan of Neverwinter since the original game and I would love to have a chance to play this latest installment. Please email me with information about how to attain a beta key at balladofsilence@yahoo.com.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    ahorahan wrote: »
    I am having a really hard time figuring out how to register for a beta key. I've already got a user name for perfect world, but I've seen absolutely no way to actually register for this beta. I've been an enormous fan of Neverwinter since the original game and I would love to have a chance to play this latest installment. Please email me with information about how to attain a beta key at balladofsilence@yahoo.com.

Welcome to Neverwinter! In short, just by being a registered member of Perfect World Entertainment, you are now in a lot for a random chance at getting beta access. It has also been stated that there will be plenty of ways to get beta keys once CBT begins. Closed Beta has not yet begun, so no beta keys have yet been sent out to those who qualify. The only keys that have been obtained are ones handed out at the conventions.

You may wish to check out this thread as well as my recent post here.