Comments

• Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,370 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    vindicon wrote: »
    Lifetime Subscribers
    Pre-purchase of TL2

both earn you a key

Then you have the keys from E3, the keys they're gonna send via newsletter and the keys they're gonna hand out via 3rd party sites.

I hope the keys are coming soon its been quite awhile since I was really excited about a D&D/Mud style game. There was one I used to play that recently went F2P but it lost its mojo from what it used to be... hoping one of the problems I am hoping not to see in neverwinter is working up a character just to have it nerfed where all other classes and stuff can completely destroy you and you not even have a chance of winning LOL.

They got most everything else down the biggest thing is it held onto its core from what I can see but also you don't have the clutter of 6 billion skillbars you have everything readily available at your fingertips from what I saw in the video.
  • Options
    tl73tl73 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hey all. Anyone know how to access beta version? A key code....if so how do i get one(beta code)? I played NWN and came across this new online version while STO was off line. Just lOOking to get started if a beta version is up for testing.? I dropped WoW cuz blizzard was / is lame anymore. ;p Thanks all, happy hunting
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    It's not up yet and Cryptic has given no information on when it will be opened up although Andy Velasquez did mention in an interview Cryptic already has a planned release date/time frame.

I'm not sure if the promotion is still going but pre-orderling Torchlight 2 is the only way to get guaranteed, although not first day, access to the Beta. Other than that simply by making an account, as you have, gives you a chance to be selected to participate in the beta.
  • Options
    tl73tl73 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ok, thanks that was helpful. I did just try to register for NW but as i already used my email for my Perfect World and/ or crytic account, it wont let me continue with the process. Says email already registered. Anyways if i am reading you right, i have done what i can for now. Yea i watched that interview as well....looking forward to the drop. thanks again.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Yep. There's no additional steps after creating/already having a Cryptic/Perfect World account.

Every account has an equal chance of accessing the Beta once it's opened so there's no sign up sheet or anything. Welcome to the waiting game, glad to have you aboard!
  • Options
    trillfemtrillfem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yep. There's no additional steps after creating/already having a Cryptic/Perfect World account.

Every account has an equal chance of accessing the Beta once it's opened so there's no sign up sheet or anything. Welcome to the waiting game, glad to have you aboard!

I have a steady, ongoing & active PWE account. I was never invited to Beta. I really, *really*, ***really*** want to play Neverwinter Beta. Don't have Torchlight 2, but do have original version of same. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    tl73 wrote: »
    Hey all. Anyone know how to access beta version? A key code....if so how do i get one(beta code)? I played NWN and came across this new online version while STO was off line. Just lOOking to get started if a beta version is up for testing.? I dropped WoW cuz blizzard was / is lame anymore. ;p Thanks all, happy hunting

Welcome to Neverwinter! I laid out some quotes from the Staff that answer your questions about Beta in a reply to another user some time ago. Check it out here. You may also be interesting in reading the "Neverwinter Online New Users FAQ" by iamtruthseeker, a Community Member here.
    trillfem wrote: »
    I have a steady, ongoing & active PWE account. I was never invited to Beta. I really, *really*, ***really*** want to play Neverwinter Beta. Don't have Torchlight 2, but do have original version of same. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

The above links may also be relevant to your inquiries. As stated, just by having a PWE account in good standing, you are already entered into a lot for a chance at beta access. Also, Champions Online and Star Trek Online Lifetime Members are guaranteed access to beta. Click those links for each of the two news posts about them. Pre-Ordering Torchlight II through PWE (not Steam) also gives beta access. Keep in mind the quotes I mentioned in the first link I posted up above, in response to tl73.

Edit - I decided to just copy and paste the post I was referring to, so here are the official answers to most of the inquiries here in this thread:
    zebular wrote: »
    Keys will be sent when they send them out, per Stormshade:
    stormshade wrote: »
    I pre-ordered TL2 back in May through Perfect World, just for a beta key for this game, and have not received one. Has anyone actually received a key for Neverwinter through Perfect World?
    We have not sent out the keys yet, as the closed beta for Neverwinter has not began at this time.

We'll make sure you get one when the time comes.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Also, do understand that even if you qualify for a beta key, you may not gain access on Day 1, again as per Stormshade:
    Hey Folks,

Just a quick note on this: Please remember that we will be phasing in CBT participants, including CO and STO Lifetime subscribers as the beta progresses. This means that you may not receive Beta access on day one of the Closed Beta Test if you are a lifetime subscriber of Champions or Star Trek. You may need to wait awhile.

That said, I promise you will gain access to the Closed Beta.

Thanks,

Stormshade

As well, this is also relevant:
    Thanks Stormshade but what some of us were wondering was about the type of beta key and if one would grant access before the other.

Example say I have a Pax East beta key and a Lifetime beta key, some of us think that the PAX east key would grant you access first...or is that wrong and everyone will get in at the same time??
    Everyone will be phased in throughout the Closed Beta Test.

So, what kind of key shouldn't matter so much, just as long as you have one.

Cheers,

Stormshade

Update: 8/3/2012 ->
    As a general reminder folks, the closed beta test for Neverwinter has not began. Due to this, no keys have been e-mailed out.

We'll be e-mailing out keys to those of you who have earned them as soon as the Beta is about to begin.

Thanks,

Stormshade
  • Options
    ronbo68ronbo68 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Good day everyone! b:pleased

First time posting as I was doing my normal perusing of the forum and saw this thread. I googled Neverwinter Online release date and the wiki page came up with this.

"Neverwinter is an upcoming Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) for the Microsoft Windows platform in development by Cryptic Studios. It is currently scheduled for an early 2013 release."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwinter_(video_game)

The reference came from this website.

"Perfect World has announced at GamesCom 2012 the release window for their upcoming free-to-play MMO Neverwinter will be landing in early 2013, a delay from the previously announced Fall 2012 release."

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/19443/gamescom-2012-neverwinter-arriving-on-early-2013

If that is the case now and I am not saying the person is correct but October "could" be a feasible beta start. b:pleased
  • Options
    arbitreauxarbitreaux Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have a lifetime sub to STO... i can't wait for my beta key... bwahaha!
  • Options
    ogrethornogrethorn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Such a big fan of the forgotten realms system and dungeons and dragons i cant wait for a beta invite. I wont accept anything but official offers anyhow. The need to game is overwealming!!!
  • Options
    ssunariassunaria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Is the beta key offer stil valid if you preorder torchlight II today ? Or has that offer expired allready ?

I can't find any offical answer on this one anywhere, except that the offer launched somewhere in april.
  • Options
    khimmikhimmi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Will it be possible to buy beta keyz ? I really wish to try it !
  • Options
    aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    Yeah we all wanna play it.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for the FAQ referral. Glad to see it's still relevant. Now my account and computer are accessable again, I'll be glad to post any updates there as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Even if you have a key and enter it, this does not mean you'll be playing the game the next day. You have to wait for the actual closed/open beta to start, then wait for your phase in that beta stage to start to be activated. Once we have more info on this I'll update my FAQ and make sure (when I'm in beta forums) to update a Beta FAQ to explain the process there to those who are allowed to discuss beta-only topics.

And yes, the TLII release has been delayed, so buying TLII from PWE ONLY here will get you a Beta Key mailed eventually but not immediately. Any more questions may be answered on my New User's FAQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    As a lifer in STO -- Do I need to do anything to request a Key when they're ready to send them out? I don't see anything about the process, just that we'll get them when we get them... but does that mean they're sending keys to EVERY lifer no matter if they want them or not??
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    kvet wrote: »
    As a lifer in STO -- Do I need to do anything to request a Key when they're ready to send them out? I don't see anything about the process, just that we'll get them when we get them... but does that mean they're sending keys to EVERY lifer no matter if they want them or not??

Lifers like pre-orderers are on the list and will be sent a key for CB once they are shipped out.

As for opt-out, that I do not know, but think they'll get an offer whether "signed up" or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    holia226holia226 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Smile, you're on Candid Camera!

There ARE NO frEEEEEEkin FREE BETA KEYS!!!! Unless you went to PAX or E3, or preordered Torchlight II THERE ARE NO KEYS. NONE.

Not even one.

No green eggs and ham... no beta key for you no matter how much you cry, beg or spam...

If you want a beta key you will need to subscribe to a newsletter and wait... damn, damn, 13br!!rn!!13@!#$@! damn!

heh heh heh

If you are a new user, get the most up-to-date, concise, and complete game data available in one place at the following link: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=5211

** Cryptic is promising many ways to acquire a beta key at no charge... soon(r)....

Yup ******** and crying over ppl ******** and crying over not getting a key or to get a beta key

DERP gg
  • Options
    convo1convo1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Seems like it's coming pretty fast..
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Smile, you're on Candid Camera!

There ARE NO frEEEEEEkin FREE BETA KEYS!!!! Unless you went to PAX or E3, or preordered Torchlight II THERE ARE NO KEYS. NONE.

** Cryptic is promising many ways to acquire a beta key at no charge... soon(r)....

the preorder torchlight 2 is a low blow...who the hell wanna buy a game so they can play beta in another game ? :|

ugly marketing strategy wanna make me spit the one that got the idea
  • Options
    gimpdaddy69gimpdaddy69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    aeroth001 wrote: »
    the preorder torchlight 2 is a low blow...who the hell wanna buy a game so they can play beta in another game ? :|

i woulda bought it anyways...i liked the 1st one what's dirty pool to me tho is promising BETA KEYS and not giving them out even though we are aware they have a functional product

if we even see beta keys my guess is they won't be handed out until a week before the full release which doesn't really seem like real beta access to me and more like what ncsoft did with gw2 allowing pre order customers access a day or two earlier

seems like cryptic's idea of a beta is

1.finish game
    2. let the public test it to make sure nothing's broken after it's done
    3. go gold
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    end of nations given thousands of beta keys everywere on facebook,tweeter,mail etc etc. all for free and they got thousands of people testing bugs for free. an all win situation

and i got a feeling that game will be a succes because the produces were very close to the gamers...here at neverwinter the wind blows throu the forum
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    aeroth001 wrote: »

i woulda bought it anyways...i liked the 1st one what's dirty pool to me tho is promising BETA KEYS and not giving them out even though we are aware they have a functional product

if we even see beta keys my guess is they won't be handed out until a week before the full release which doesn't really seem like real beta access to me and more like what ncsoft did with gw2 allowing pre order customers access a day or two earlier

seems like cryptic's idea of a beta is

1.finish game
    2. let the public test it to make sure nothing's broken after it's done
    3. go gold

*Sighs*

Allow me to quote from my FAQ
    Are these the only ways i can get into Open/Closed Beta?

No. As per Stormshade's Archived Reply, there will be other ways to get into Beta, and the pre-order/lifetime memberships is/was just a thank you for those who continued supporting Perfect World Entertainment's Torchlight Series or Cryptic/PWE's lifetime membership purchases. Just registering for this Neveriwnter site will give you a chance to receive a beta key if you participate!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    catburger003catburger003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You should buy Torchlight 2 :> It's a dungeon crawler. The devs are ex Blizzard North which explains why Diablo 3 is so <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and different. Support them! They're kinda indie :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want to HAMSTER in Neverwinter, whenever I want, for as long as I want.
  • Options
    giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If they had a link to purchase Torchlight 2 for the XBOX and receive a NWO beta key I would click on that link...
  • Options
    catburger003catburger003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Torchlight 2 is said to be too large for XBOX Live.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want to HAMSTER in Neverwinter, whenever I want, for as long as I want.
  • Options
    giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Torchlight 2 is said to be too large for XBOX Live.

I'm not sure what you mean, does the 360 not contain enough video processing power to run it? I really only bought Torchlight 1 on the 360 to support the development of Torchlight 2 on the 360...
  • Options
    angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    plamgar wrote: »
    Mmmm yeaa i know what you mean with those bears.I prefer ponies...heh ponies rule !

LOL - b:surrender they belong on a school girls notebook. b:dirty

AND

"Quote:
    Are these the only ways i can get into Open/Closed Beta?

No. As per Stormshade's Archived Reply, there will be other ways to get into Beta, and the pre-order/lifetime memberships is/was just a thank you for those who continued supporting Perfect World Entertainment's Torchlight Series or Cryptic/PWE's lifetime membership purchases. Just registering for this Neveriwnter site will give you a chance to receive a beta key if you participate! "

Pfft - I was getting a bit concerned there- did not get a chance to get Torchlight (and still annoyed they did it that way). BUT I really want in - I played this back in the day and was sad I did not even know they had an online- I signed up and hope it is enough *fingers crossed.*
  • Options
    thedio777thedio777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited September 2012
    Wrong reply, please delete
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    plamgar wrote: »
    Mmmm yeaa i know what you mean with those bears.I prefer ponies...heh ponies rule !

Yeah ponies!!! My fav too!!! Especially the fluttersh.... oops!
    *remembering his image on these forums*
    Ahem...!!! No ponies. Ponies are for babies and little little girls.
    *crosses fingers*

p.s. bears are an abomination of different level - not cute, not manly, not serious. Just rubberish.
This discussion has been closed.