What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Beta Anxiety Thread!

Comments

• Options
    zacpower4zacpower4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I'm okay with Neverwinter being packaged with Torchlight 2 actually. I think the Neverwinter closed beta key was just a small little extra included with the pre-order to encourage people to pre-order Torchlight 2. I'm sure there's other ways to redeem a beta key, so I'm not too concerned about this.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    zacpower4 wrote: »
    I'm okay with Neverwinter being packaged with Torchlight 2 actually. I think the Neverwinter closed beta key was just a small little extra included with the pre-order to encourage people to pre-order Torchlight 2. I'm sure there's other ways to redeem a beta key, so I'm not too concerned about this.

They aren't packed, they are picked up by the same company Perfect World. Torchlight 2 will be a nice game to play. Its only $20 and if you dont want it then you will just more then likely have to wait longer to test/beta Neverwinter Nights. But it is beta remember that. Don't prepurchase a game you dont want to play in order to test drive NWO. Its beta to bug bash and report issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    valkhadvalkhad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Its beta to bug bash and report issues.

So why are we being forced to pay for access at this time? If they want beta testers, why not have a sign-up and pick people that will actually be constructive and helpful rather than giving access to whomever is the most willing to cough up $20?
  • Options
    nimlohnimloh Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    valkhad wrote: »
    So why are we being forced to pay for access at this time? If they want beta testers, why not have a sign-up and pick people that will actually be constructive and helpful rather than giving access to whomever is the most willing to cough up $20?

Cryptic will have their cohort of closed beta testers that are meant to look at the game systems regardless of the TL2 people. For TL2 purchasers, the beta key is just a reward. Most of the testing will probably be done by people within PWE anyway.
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    remember the fine print as well on Guarenteed

*Does not guarantee day one closed beta access. Exact date of entry will vary per user, dependant on testing needs*
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    And nobody is forcing anybody to "pay" to beta. You are being rewarded if you pre-order TL2 as a thank you. Since there will be other options for Beta, this was confirmed. If it was the only CB then it may had been a point, but isn't respectively.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Anyone get there beta key from prepurchase of TL2 yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vindevereauxxvindevereauxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Anyone get there beta key from prepurchase of TL2 yet?

I don't think they're sending out keys- I think you're on a list of people who will gain access to the beta as they slowly let more people in.
  • Options
    anime66anime66 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    lol i have never heard of a hard to access beta for a freetoplay game. just be patient and wait for the mmo news sites to hand out hundreds if not thousands of keys. stay updated in forums and google neverwinter key giveaway from time to time lol.
  • Options
    kalasarlfootkalasarlfoot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I'm getting low on $$$, but failed the resistance check :).
    Ha! Made me actually LOL!
  • Options
    jayson3080jayson3080 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I don't think we should have to preorder torchlight in order to particpate in the close beta. why would anyone want to preorder a stupid game that blizzard made.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    another thing what was the point in having us sign up for beta, then....

you can play this same extra game, on bioware.
  • Options
    elrohianelrohian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    jayson3080 wrote: »
    I don't think we should have to preorder torchlight in order to particpate in the close beta. why would anyone want to preorder a stupid game that blizzard made.

another thing what was the point in having us sign up for beta, then....

you can play this same extra game, on bioware.

Sorry... WHAT? What does Blizzard have to do with Torchlight and what does Bioware have to do with any of this?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    just said it's a stupid game that blizzard made...
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    just said it's a stupid game that blizzard made...

Torchlight and Torchlight 2 are developed by Runic games, not Blizzard. Blizzard does the Diablo series.

You don't have to purchase TL2 to get into the beta. Participating on the forums, following on Twitter, liking the Facebook page, and subscribing to their net .tv channel may provide opportunities to play as well.
  • Options
    bakauubakauu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I went to pre order Torchlight 2 but it only allows you to use Paypal or Shrill - I do not want to use either but pay using my CC directly. Can your pre order just using your cc?
  • Options
    vindevereauxxvindevereauxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    torskaldr wrote: »
    Torchlight and Torchlight 2 are developed by Runic games, not Blizzard. Blizzard does the Diablo series.

You don't have to purchase TL2 to get into the beta. Participating on the forums, following on Twitter, liking the Facebook page, and subscribing to their net .tv channel may provide opportunities to play as well.

as far as I've heard, the guys who did the first Diablo game went on to make Runic. So while not technically correct...

I wouldn't be surprised if other sites ended up having key giveaways eventually. They have promos with STO on the Alienware website all the time, so I'd maybe check there. I disremember who said it, but someone suggested checking "neverwinter beta key" on google every so often to see if any sites are giving it away.

Also, as for pre-ordering TL2, alas- it's only through paypal or Shrill. I've never heard of shrill, but paypal is pretty safe. I'm right there with you though, I was a little nervous, but now having played the TL2 beta, I'm seriously considering ordering it.
  • Options
    valkhadvalkhad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I was against the TL2 pre-order at first, but now that I look at the game it looks pretty damn good. I'm not going to get it, just because that style of game isnt my thing (yet I liked Diablo... dammit).

If you're active on the forums this early on, you've got a pretty good chance of being in the beta, I'd say.
  • Options
    sculzeffsculzeff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    If someone has a beta key left for me for which I would be grateful Neverwinter it would have liked to test times neverwinter night played like

write to please who has just left einkey thank youb:thanks
  • Options
    freekimdotcomfreekimdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    You can pre-order Torchlight II on steam with your CC. No need for paypal or anything like that.
  • Options
    nimlohnimloh Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    I don't think Steam offers the Neverwinter beta reward.
  • Options
    streaminggamesstreaminggames Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Nimloh is right. You only get beta access if you order from Perfect World, not Steam.
  • Options
    asioxrinasioxrin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Ordered ready for beta!b:laugh
  • Options
    freekimdotcomfreekimdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    Nimloh is right. You only get beta access if you order from Perfect World, not Steam.

Ah yeah. Thought about that after I posted that. Doh!

So after seeing some videos of actual game play I'm pretty excited for NWO. The action combat looks fresh and reminds me of Diablo, which is a good thing. For me at least. I don't expect NWO to have a huge amount of content, especially at the start. I know for any MMO, with time comes more and better content.

Really looking forward to playing in the beta, I hope i get a key b:shocked
  • Options
    forsakenkalforsakenkal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Is there a way to get into beta without having to buy another game?

I beta tested Champions and Star Trek so I'm hoping to get into this one as well.
  • Options
    vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Is there a way to get into beta without having to buy another game?

I beta tested Champions and Star Trek so I'm hoping to get into this one as well.

Have you even tried to search around? It has already been said multiple times that there will be many free keys once the beta is announced...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    vindicon wrote: »
    there will be many free keys once the beta is announced...
    Many of with (if not most) will get to "play" Neverwinter long before those that pre-purchased Torchlight II. And for free.
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    shiaika wrote: »
    Many of with (if not most) will get to "play" Neverwinter long before those that pre-purchased Torchlight II. And for free.

How do you know that? Did you read an article or community rep post?
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    torskaldr wrote: »
    How do you know that? Did you read an article or community rep post?
    TL2's pre-purchase explicitly says that it doesn't guarantee day 1 access to closed beta, just that you will get in at some point.

If that is not enough, add to that that TL2 pre-purchases are not going to be two monkeys and me but some thousands (more after the stress test of the past week). Meanwhile, some people got keys during the past show. Some more will get during E3? It's probable that the hype train of E3 includes the closed beta starting shortly after E3 (about time!), which could include random batches of betakeys to sites and/or specific users.

Of course that I'm only speculating. Maybe Cryptic has all the system so well prepared that they can give the ok to all the beta keys at the same time in day 1. And maybe they are ready to receive massive feedback of new users instead of scalating the process. Or maybe not.
  • Options
    asioxrinasioxrin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    shiaika wrote: »
    TL2's pre-purchase explicitly says that it doesn't guarantee day 1 access to closed beta, just that you will get in at some point.
    TL2 Pre-purchasers from PW Store get priority beta access. If 100,000 people preorder TL2 and the invite windows for the Closed Beta are only for 1,000 peeps then yeah not everyone is going to get in the first wave. b:pleased
This discussion has been closed.