test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PS] Dragonbone Vale Launch Week Issues

Comments

• methuslah#7626 methuslah Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    phil#3150 said:

jojo#5080 said:

wasnt there supposed to be a mark of potency exchange?

Hope they will do that manny of us have a bunch of each and due to the changes they could loose a lot af dollars
    You can exchange MOPs for AD at the antiquities vendor
  • phil#3150 phil Member Posts: 4 Arc User

phil#3150 said:

jojo#5080 said:

wasnt there supposed to be a mark of potency exchange?

Hope they will do that manny of us have a bunch of each and due to the changes they could loose a lot af dollars
    You can exchange MOPs for AD at the antiquities vendor
    thank you for the info
  • kimkj4389#2721 kimkj4389 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Developers who haven't tested it before and updated it are so incompetent.
  • hehateme999#2396 hehateme999 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    > @chaderickrax#3780 said:
    > I'm pretty sure that any reasonable person would agree that there won't be any sort of response until after the problem is resolved.
    >
    > Or, is your goal to get them to start talking about what they intend to do after the problem is fixed, so you can double back and attack them all over again for getting the cart before the horse and forgetting to fix the problem first?
    >
    > They'll do something. They almost always do. And a vocal group of The Most Entitled will complain that it wasn't enough, while the rest of us acknowledge that something extra out of a free-to-play game (sorry, a "less-than-a-buck-a-day game," for VIP) is pretty cool.
    >
    > Accidents happen. Poor planning happens. Everyone across the US is understaffed and overworked right now, including Cryptic.
    >
    > Giving grace is appreciated but sadly, so rarely, the norm.

I paid for vip. I should be able to claim the VIP rewards since I paid for them. Or am I being entitled about being able to use the things I purchased?
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User

> I'm pretty sure that any reasonable person would agree that there won't be any sort of response until after the problem is resolved.
    >
    > Or, is your goal to get them to start talking about what they intend to do after the problem is fixed, so you can double back and attack them all over again for getting the cart before the horse and forgetting to fix the problem first?
    >
    > They'll do something. They almost always do. And a vocal group of The Most Entitled will complain that it wasn't enough, while the rest of us acknowledge that something extra out of a free-to-play game (sorry, a "less-than-a-buck-a-day game," for VIP) is pretty cool.
    >
    > Accidents happen. Poor planning happens. Everyone across the US is understaffed and overworked right now, including Cryptic.
    >
    > Giving grace is appreciated but sadly, so rarely, the norm.

I paid for vip. I should be able to claim the VIP rewards since I paid for them. Or am I being entitled about being able to use the things I purchased?

You sidestepped everything I said to ask the question that was answered in the text of what I wrote.

I'll just let you go back and re-read to get the obvious answer.
  • jbat13#6664 jbat13 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    As I read some of these comments. I find it easier to believe, that we went from putting a man on the moon to believing in flat/hollow Earth. lol
    > You sidestepped everything I said to ask the question that was answered in the text of what I wrote.
    >
    > I'll just let you go back and re-read to get the obvious answer.

Yeah. Call people entitled and when someone asks you to elaborate you back pedal. You'd make an excellent dev. They should hire you.
  • PS5 still freezing . Cryptic time and time again you set the bar really low and still you fail to get over it . Cmon folks this really is not helping your credibility.....whatevers left of it.
  • phil#3150 phil Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Im impatient to to play the new mod and hope they can fix it fast to but in another taught i hope they dont rush to miss some other issues. So let them have the time they need to fix it
  • queenie001#2145 queenie001 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I know everyone is having the freezing problem, I've tried on ps4 and ps5 both won't let me play. I want to know if we get some compensation. I was unable to get my vip key yesterday and looks like i wont be able to get todays either. I paid for vip that I am not getting. It is very annoying
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    > @phil#3150 said:
    > Im impatient to to play the new mod and hope they can fix it fast to but in another taught i hope they dont rush to miss some other issues. So let them have the time they need to fix it

> @phil#3150 said:

Phil , they could take 5 years longer and it will still have bugs , just the way it works .
    At this point , just fix it with duct tape and a hammer so we can at least log in .
  • viraal#5577 viraal Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > Known Issue:
    > We are aware of Console players experiencing crashes and freezing. We continue to investigate this to identify a fix soon. Thank you for your patience.
    >
    > *****
    >
    > This thread is to report bugs related to the new content or that began with the release of Dragonbone Vale. Please do not report previously discovered bugs or general feedback. All unrelated comments will be moved so that the team can better focus on the new issues on PS.
    >
    > NOTE: If you post an issue on this thread, please be assured that it is being read. Time will be spent reviewing issues and escalating them as efficiently as possible. We are not able to respond or give detailed updates to each individual post but all feedback and reports are being received.
  • viraal#5577 viraal Member Posts: 2 New User
    Its been 24 hours now and nothings changed im losing time for these events and we have not been updated on anything !
  • methuslah#7626 methuslah Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Pre mod 22 insignias of the same type and level would stack, post mod 22 they don't. Previously I had 5 stacks for dps toons and 4 stacks for tanks, these were easy to switch between toons. Now I have 30 separate insignias I have to switch and that is not easy, it's a MASSIVE PITA....

It seems really strange that you made extensive changes to Enchants to make it easier for multiple toons and then make another change which makes it WAY more difficult....

Please, please change them back!
  • tigerdrsk#8993 tigerdrsk Member Posts: 103 Arc User

As I read some of these comments. I find it easier to believe, that we went from putting a man on the moon to believing in flat/hollow Earth. lol

This does nothing to help the situation or contributes to it. Instead of insulting others maybe you should leave the critque out of the thread. In response to your message from mine more than likely if you have no issues with the game it probably stems from as I said with the low mail, items. Those players will not be affected as much or at all. Currently now my account is suffering from freezing now again but locks up completely like the others that my relatives have and it must have been the switch to vip for the new day, or it's trying to again give the temp enchantments, causing the freeze. Though what I have noticed is switching to the ps4 slim from ps5 allows enough time to get the daily key but not much else as the freeze takes place shortly after. So there is something going on their side that is causing the freezing not only from mailboxes, temp enchants but now even daily vip access will cause the game to lock up on both ps4 and ps5 respectively.
  • kimkj4389#2721 kimkj4389 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Let's play a game, blood pressure goes up

This does nothing to help the situation or contributes to it. Instead of insulting others maybe you should leave the critque out of the thread. In response to your message from mine more than likely if you have no issues with the game it probably stems from as I said with the low mail, items. Those players will not be affected as much or at all. Currently now my account is suffering from freezing now again but locks up completely like the others that my relatives have and it must have been the switch to vip for the new day, or it's trying to again give the temp enchantments, causing the freeze. Though what I have noticed is switching to the ps4 slim from ps5 allows enough time to get the daily key but not much else as the freeze takes place shortly after. So there is something going on their side that is causing the freezing not only from mailboxes, temp enchants but now even daily vip access will cause the game to lock up on both ps4 and ps5 respectively.
    Wait, we have people on this forum swearing and carrying on as if someone lit their hair on fire, and someone points out that there is a better way to handle frustration, and that's the guy who gets you to say, "Stop insulting people?"

The things that people are saying to the Cryptic team on this thread are 100% out of line. Personal insults and the like.

A little perspective, and a little grace, would go a long way for everybody.

• This morning when I attempted to load in on PS, after about 30 seconds of a frozen screen, I was instantly dying and having to release, despite standing at a campfire in Dragonbone Vale. After releasing I bluescreened about a minute later. Reloaded and it happened again. Wanted to report it here in case it's an unrelated bug.
    Member of the Barbarian Tank anti-extinction squad.
  • jbat13#6664 jbat13 Member Posts: 14 Arc User

you are correct my obvious humor contributes nothing meanwhile your blatant empty threats have gotten us all front row seats to the super bowl right :) ... now ... i never said i am not having issues; neither has anyone else that disagrees with your "it has to be the mail " theory. what we have done is simply offer some facts that you may not be aware of while you are mandating your conjecture. It is nice to know that you at least amend said conjecture to fit your own parameters as they modify unexpectedly, maybe that same thought process could be used towards others, say the Devs. again have a nice day and thank you for keeping me busy for ten seconds
  • knoke#4464 knoke Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    It must be understood that the game creators are not the ones that release the final versions of games, expansion, updates, and patches on the Sony platform. Sony requires games creators to submit codes/materials for content to be tested and converted to their programming format to ensure compatibility. Testing is done on unrestricted consoles and emulators so not all problems are seen.
    Saying and blaming the game maker for format problems is not right because now the game maker has to create a fix not the format provider for a problem that wasn't seen during testing done by platform provider.
    And saying that this has not been tested is a joke, preview shard is second testing and then PC is third both which have common coding that doesn't have to be converted to a console platform code. Then it was tested by the platform provider.
    Not all things are easy and simple.
  • cn1964cn1964 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    24hrs and still cant get into game.The valinda comment was in bad taste when so many cant get into the game. Glib insightful comments like that only serve to create animosity within the games community. Just what does it take to give us players a little bit of update fix information of some degree without the blasé comments from manager.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User

It must be understood that the game creators are not the ones that release the final versions of games, expansion, updates, and patches on the Sony platform. Sony requires games creators to submit codes/materials for content to be tested and converted to their programming format to ensure compatibility. Testing is done on unrestricted consoles and emulators so not all problems are seen.
    Saying and blaming the game maker for format problems is not right because now the game maker has to create a fix not the format provider for a problem that wasn't seen during testing done by platform provider.
    And saying that this has not been tested is a joke, preview shard is second testing and then PC is third both which have common coding that doesn't have to be converted to a console platform code. Then it was tested by the platform provider.

Gonna have to deny your denial about Cryptic not testing their code. I am on Pc, We report the bugs on Preview, then PC, and they still make it to you guys on console(including the combat enchant's doing 0 dmg after using shift mechanic and Mirage weapons not being upgradeable atm). Check Preview and PC forums bug reports and you will be amazed how much of the stuff they don't fix that makes it to console.
    > @cn1964 said:
    > 24hrs and still cant get into game.The valinda comment was in bad taste when so many cant get into the game. Glib insightful comments like that only serve to create animosity within the games community. Just what does it take to give us players a little bit of update fix information of some degree without the blasé comments from manager.

Exactly this. We spent money/zen on vip. We don't get our vip because they couldn't be bothered to sufficiently bug test and all we get in response is "sorry for the inconvenience" and "valindra did it her her her."

Gonna have to deny your denial about Cryptic not testing their code. I am on Pc, We report the bugs on Preview, then PC, and they still make it to you guys on console(including the combat enchant's doing 0 dmg after using shift mechanic and Mirage weapons not being upgradeable atm). Check Preview and PC forums bug reports and you will be amazed how much of the stuff they don't fix that makes it to console.
    There's a pretty substantial difference between, "They haven't fixed the issue that I care about," and "They don't test their module releases at all."

Of course they tested their module release. And others did, too.

And then something unforeseen happened.

Which, if that's never happened to you, you've led a charmed existence.

Sure, we all wish that we could upgrade Mirage gear, and [Enter pet issue here]. But that is a huge conflation to compare it to what's going on right now.

"I don't like this thing they haven't done yet" does not justify "Everything they touch crumbles to dust."
  • tigerdrsk#8993 tigerdrsk Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Workarounds:

I was able to get back into my account on ps5 simply by removing games and making more data available. From what I noticed, it takes atleast 245 gb free space to do this and depending on how full your mail is you may need closer to 400 gb free space or so in order to give yourself enough time to use circle to close the menu and get to a mailbox to fix. Before anyone says that it is not the problem, it's one of many problems, but the biggest issue is:

Memory Leak. On the Ps4 slim I found I could get a full 20 secs just by moving around and not interacting with a mailbox, and that was from having over 600 gb free on the system. Once I got rid of the items in my mailbox, got rid of the cryptic email AND got my vip, it started running normal again. Depending on how full it is for the character by cryptic mails for enchantments, returned AH postings and items determined how fast the game would freeze. So in a nutshell, if you access the vip key and mess with inventory and mail, you have to get the enchants out asap, delete the cryptic dev emails and also pull items out of your mail. If you have full inventory and not a lot of drive space on your console, this is not going to be something you can do very easily. In fact, can take quite a few reloads to get done.

I'm sure they found their own solutions with the impending maintenance approaching, but that's just one way to get things working again.
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    The testing process has shown itself to be flawed after Sharandar was released with a flop.
    It’s like testing a seatbelt by kicking a bumper.
    It’s still freezing because it is account related.
    Not inventories or mail boxes.
    They just don’t have a clue yet what it is in the accounts that crashes the game. I’m going to guess the ps they test on is just for testing and is in a sense “clean”. All it’s code and parameters are known. Otherwise they couldn’t test and zero in on a fix.

Oh consoles are not clean, I deleted and redownloaded the game.
    It’s our accounts, which is why you can’t start a new character on your account, BUT, a brand new account works just fine.

So testing needs a look at because there is an inadequate model being used and some poor souls have to keep combing through code while everyone is yelling and looking for a scapegoat.

As for compensation, it would be lovely, but this company has a poor record unfortunately.
    I say 1 key and 100kad per day it’s down. 😁
  • spartan3121#9063 spartan3121 Member Posts: 61 Arc User

then why does not a single other game have these issues every single mod or content launch?

then why does not a single other game have these issues every single mod or content launch?
    The hyperbole is strong with this one.

Workarounds:

I'm sure they found their own solutions with the impending maintenance approaching, but that's just one way to get things working again.

Wait, where did you see that there was impending maintenance?

I don't see it on the console or anywhere on the forums. Are they making statements somewhere else, like twitter or Facebook?

(Not doubting you, just trying to find out if there's a better place to be looking for updates!)