test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PS] Dragonbone Vale Launch Week Issues

Comments

• > @"soufjen#8281" said:
    > new patch is up on ps. about 450mb ~

Did not work. Still freezing my PS4/PS5 upon login into any character.
  • retrogravy#5576 retrogravy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I also have the same experience as others after 10.01 was installed (PS5). The moment after the load into the game, the application froze. I look forward to a future patch that provides the permanent resolution to this issue. I know you guys are under a microscope. I appreciate your efforts in hopefully providing a solution.
  • spartan3121#9063 spartan3121 Member Posts: 61 Arc User

I thought it was down for maintenance for another hour? Did they forget to take it down?

it was down for 2 hours and was patched and it did absolutely NOTHING after 30 hours of not being able to login in to the game...... geniuses
  • julio#7843 julio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @"gunnerjayz2016#4584" said:
    > > @"soufjen#8281" said:
    > > new patch is up on ps. about 450mb ~
    >
    > Did not work. Still freezing my PS4/PS5 upon login into any character.

Before 10.01 the game would freeze at 3 seconds, now at 5 seconds. I guess we will have to wait a couple more upgrades to be able to play, collect the key, the potions and the tokens... good job, excellent job 🤐
  • knowfear4#5964 knowfear4 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    They probably increased mail slots by 10 thinking it would fix it. What is it like 18 enchantments plus 6 runestones. Thats 24. factor in my account has 9 characters so that's 24x9 =216 slots. That's just my account as an example. What about the guy who said he had 35 characters? lol If we have items in the AH or just sitting in the mail as over flow storage, the amount of increased mail space should be set to 2k to make sure we get everyone's worse case scenario. lol Remember Devs the game was working fine until you tried to roll out this Frankenstein mod to milk the gamers. Your probably going to lose more people over this than you will make trying to squeeze people dry. You know the easiest thing you could have done? Any item that was equipped all you had to do was calculate the enchantment rank and auto convert it to the new currency and drop it into peoples mail with a detailed list of enchantments that were converted so people don't feel like things were stolen. Then you wouldn't have this mail fiasco.
  • bajadera#6875 bajadera Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    The game freezes after patch 10.01.
    PS5
    I wonder if they just sent us the same patch but put a 10.01 name on it so we would think they are trying? lol
  • gadgelad#8659 gadgelad Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Wow just wow who was working on the patch for 30 hours+ the 3 stooges if it was the game no one would get on its an account problem some can get on and some cant and why would the ones who can get on need the patch lol it not brocken for them lmfao delete FC this BS game
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    I was able to pull my mail on all my alts before lock ups, as I only had a few mailed to me at rank 9 on little alts.. I streamlined my banks, runes/enchants, and bags prior to mod drop. I justified the gold cost before mod drop to avoid any issues, but waste of 350 gold since it's still ended up a hot mess anyways.

So, I don't believe it's mail or inventory causing it to crash.

Very reminiscent of leaving characters in stronghold back when it was a guaranteed crash loading in every time after mod 10 dropped.
  • cn1964cn1964 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Just got back from work, powered up the ps4 and saw the download 10.01 and suddenly didnt feel tired but it was a shortlived elation when 1.5 seconds after character appears the game freezes. What a way to burst a long time players bubble. Is the devs just a bunch of apes bashing on a keyboard or are they deliberately sabotageing the game. Answers on a postcard to the arc dev team. What a royal screw up.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    I was able to get in collect my key and my mail but the second I tried to leave the zone I was in for PE it froze again.
  • cn1964cn1964 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I do appologise to apes around the world as you can learn sign language to communicate unlike arc devs
  • roseypalmer#7773 roseypalmer Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    This is seriously getting ridiculous and old! Ps5 is screwed and can't even use the work around that Ps4.
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    Since the patch was implemented late in the day, I guess we have to wait another 26 hrs for yet another patch to fix the issue...
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    Leaps and Bounds and 2x Refinement need to be extended a week as recomp if not more. Especially since Progress rewards is one of the few ways to get motes
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    LMFAO S T I L L even AFTER this EMERGENCY update patch..... STILL LOGGING in and STILL FREEZING 10 seconds later LMFAO
  • maarte#2715 maarte Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Now presenting https://ibb.co/6YVdyPQ
    That NPC that says "no hope.no hope." comes to mind right about now. lol I have to say I've been playing Genshin Impact for about 2 months now and never once had it crash, blue screen. Pretty amazing considering its a company in china. They have a better grasp of programming than these guys. Hello exception handing? I know where I'll be spending my $$$ and its not this game.
  • Well I cannot invoke my characters and collect my enchanted key today I guess.
  • kimkj4389#2721 kimkj4389 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Why does the screen keep stopping!!!
  • spartan3121#9063 spartan3121 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    still no response from the devs either lmfao
  • hehateme999#2396 hehateme999 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    > @mongol69 said:
    > Since the patch was implemented late in the day, I guess we have to wait another 26 hrs for yet another patch to fix the issue...

At least that long I'm guessing.
  • murm#4033 murm Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    When I was young, in the 1980's United States, boy did we have fun. We found the right place to put a fort, the right crew to test our mettle. Determination. Boy did we have it. We were introduced to Nintendo, and we were confronted with challenges that we hadn't face before.

No matter what is said, some Nintendo games were nearly impossible.

So entails the generation of technological achievement.

Well fast forward quite a bit. Sorry, but... Here we are. A sad lot, desperately waiting for a voice that doesn't care about us.

We have given our time (possibly a great amount, and money), to an online game.

You could hypothesize that companies have set out to capitalize on your desire to achieve success. Perhaps through a deep routed need to win at video games instilled in the 1980s or other earlier generations of gaming.

Well I am not selling anything. In fact, I encourage you to buy more things in Neverwinter and online in general.

It's not their fault the new mod won't run.

It's your fault.

If you would have been better at the game, and more gregarious, then maybe someone would have noticed you.

Maybe you should've done more.

Unfortunately due to your apathy and overall sadness it has come to this.

Please log in to Neverwinter and experience the stillness the nothingness that we hope you will.

Next time do better.

So PlayStation plus games for February are available today which is unusual. The normal release for each new month is the 4th or 5th. I noticed that Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragons Keep is one of the free games. It is a Gearbox game. The patch for Neverwinter was originally scheduled for Feb 9, I think, but got pushed to the 1st. Neverwinter was just bought by GearBox. Neverwinter is broken. Strange coincidence? Or is it?
  • kimkj4389#2721 kimkj4389 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Why the hell does the game stop working?
  • lordpatton#5747 lordpatton Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    THE SAD NEWS IS THAT UPDATE 10.01 DID NOT WORK. I DON’T KNOW HOW MUCH YOU GET PAID FOR WORKING OVERTIME. I DO KNOW THAT 100 HOURS EACH SHOULD GET THE JOB DONE. THANK YOU…
  • > @tigerdrsk#8993 said:
    > Within the game, it's about to start for the next two hours. I still stand on what I said because I've noticed somethings while trying to help my relatives fix their accounts. It's still doing the freezing on theirs but I noticed that the enchantments being sent to the mailbox are still mark as protected. Could that cause an issue? Usually you can't put items in the mailbox that has that feature and more than likely many of us have done this. While I feel from my trial and error contrary to what others feel I've done a bit of play testing with them. I have 58 characters on my account, but not a full mailbox. So when I got the 5 or so mail of enchants, I had minor freeze and loaded just fine to claim. Once I did this on any character, they went back to normal. No freezing, etc. However on others, they loaded their mailbox with all their characters like this, protected enchants that fill the mailbox. Now out of speculation, you can hold approx 20 mails with 5 items each normally. Again, if you had a lot of enchants returned, protected no less along with auction house lots, this makes more lag and memory use within the app (game) I noticed on one of their characters they had this issue, it was immediate freeze upon opening where as another character had a lot more time to fix things. Thing is it's the inventories plus the mail that is causing the issue. So they need to look at that along with how the game is handling the temporary enchantments, enchantments that are protected being sent to mail and again the AH lots a character has. Either the enchants should move to an increased overflow bag per character to remedy this or the mail needs an expand. The inventory of players does need to be looked at because this does cause freezing as well.
    >
    > So others understand, my relative's accounts that couldn't load on ps5 since we use that more were able to load on the ps4 slim not for long like about 20 secs and attempts to fix stuff could be tried where as loading on ps5 is immediate freeze. When my account started doing it, I increased my ps5 storage and it worked fine again. The ps4 slim has near full memory to be utilized by the game already. The fact that we could load their accounts that couldn't work on PS5 proves part of it is how much storage a player has on their console. The second is that the game is using too much with trying to do too much at once from the enchantments, etc already discussed. As I said memory leak. The game is using far too many assets with inventory where the issues are persisting. They had freezes from deleting items or pulling them from mail. You can have a full roster like mine and be fine if your mail is kept within reason. I have characters that are nearly full on inventory space with all their bags, but the mail was no where near full so I could load in with little problem once I got the enchants that were removed. Once I deleted those mails from cryptic, subsequent loading of that character was normal. The mail is part of the problem and so is the inventory, please stop saying otherwise.

Yeah thats all well and good. Except my mail was completely empty , all my enchants in inventory with plenty of room to spare on all characters and I have 7TB (yes 7 terabytes) of storage on my ps system. I literally had 1 mail from cryptic with 3 items in it. Which has been since deleted and I still freeze. So I don't think it's a storage problem. If that was the case my account would be working fine by your definition.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    We performed an emergency maintenance to address crashing issues.

Here are the patch notes: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/neverwinter/news/detail/11508393

However, there are still some issues being worked on. We will keep you updated on progress.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding!
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • finnbalor#7564 finnbalor Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    PS4 is still freezing up. Your patch did nothing. Should have expected it but was trying to be hopeful. Fool me once shame on me fool me twice, to be continued.