test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PS] Dragonbone Vale Launch Week Issues

Comments

• Options
    saintturkish#1748 saintturkish Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Combat enchantment Fortification is not giving defense percentage, and isn't stacking per time hit it's seems to be a chance per time hit.
  • Options
    chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User

Workarounds:

I'm sure they found their own solutions with the impending maintenance approaching, but that's just one way to get things working again.

Wait, where did you see that there was impending maintenance?

I don't see it on the console or anywhere on the forums. Are they making statements somewhere else, like twitter or Facebook?

(Not doubting you, just trying to find out if there's a better place to be looking for updates!)

Nevermind. I just hit "Post" and my console screen updated with the maintenance window.
  • Options
    nodonn#9611 nodonn Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    One of my guildies who's currently playing just posted in Discord that they just now received the Admin popup for an unscheduled Maintenance in 30 mins.
  • Options
    knowfear4#5964 knowfear4 Member Posts: 26 Arc User

Workarounds:

I was able to get back into my account on ps5 simply by removing games and making more data available. From what I noticed, it takes atleast 245 gb free space to do this and depending on how full your mail is you may need closer to 400 gb free space or so in order to give yourself enough time to use circle to close the menu and get to a mailbox to fix. Before anyone says that it is not the problem, it's one of many problems, but the biggest issue is:

Memory Leak. On the Ps4 slim I found I could get a full 20 secs just by moving around and not interacting with a mailbox, and that was from having over 600 gb free on the system. Once I got rid of the items in my mailbox, got rid of the cryptic email AND got my vip, it started running normal again. Depending on how full it is for the character by cryptic mails for enchantments, returned AH postings and items determined how fast the game would freeze. So in a nutshell, if you access the vip key and mess with inventory and mail, you have to get the enchants out asap, delete the cryptic dev emails and also pull items out of your mail. If you have full inventory and not a lot of drive space on your console, this is not going to be something you can do very easily. In fact, can take quite a few reloads to get done.

I'm sure they found their own solutions with the impending maintenance approaching, but that's just one way to get things working again.

I've been saying this since page one. Its an array overflow problem. Should be a simple fix, just modify the max size of the array or data base. Why is it taking so long? lol
  • Options
    tigerdrsk#8993 tigerdrsk Member Posts: 103 Arc User

Workarounds:

I don't see it on the console or anywhere on the forums. Are they making statements somewhere else, like twitter or Facebook?

(Not doubting you, just trying to find out if there's a better place to be looking for updates!)

Within the game, it's about to start for the next two hours. I still stand on what I said because I've noticed somethings while trying to help my relatives fix their accounts. It's still doing the freezing on theirs but I noticed that the enchantments being sent to the mailbox are still mark as protected. Could that cause an issue? Usually you can't put items in the mailbox that has that feature and more than likely many of us have done this. While I feel from my trial and error contrary to what others feel I've done a bit of play testing with them. I have 58 characters on my account, but not a full mailbox. So when I got the 5 or so mail of enchants, I had minor freeze and loaded just fine to claim. Once I did this on any character, they went back to normal. No freezing, etc. However on others, they loaded their mailbox with all their characters like this, protected enchants that fill the mailbox. Now out of speculation, you can hold approx 20 mails with 5 items each normally. Again, if you had a lot of enchants returned, protected no less along with auction house lots, this makes more lag and memory use within the app (game) I noticed on one of their characters they had this issue, it was immediate freeze upon opening where as another character had a lot more time to fix things. Thing is it's the inventories plus the mail that is causing the issue. So they need to look at that along with how the game is handling the temporary enchantments, enchantments that are protected being sent to mail and again the AH lots a character has. Either the enchants should move to an increased overflow bag per character to remedy this or the mail needs an expand. The inventory of players does need to be looked at because this does cause freezing as well.

So others understand, my relative's accounts that couldn't load on ps5 since we use that more were able to load on the ps4 slim not for long like about 20 secs and attempts to fix stuff could be tried where as loading on ps5 is immediate freeze. When my account started doing it, I increased my ps5 storage and it worked fine again. The ps4 slim has near full memory to be utilized by the game already. The fact that we could load their accounts that couldn't work on PS5 proves part of it is how much storage a player has on their console. The second is that the game is using too much with trying to do too much at once from the enchantments, etc already discussed. As I said memory leak. The game is using far too many assets with inventory where the issues are persisting. They had freezes from deleting items or pulling them from mail. You can have a full roster like mine and be fine if your mail is kept within reason. I have characters that are nearly full on inventory space with all their bags, but the mail was no where near full so I could load in with little problem once I got the enchants that were removed. Once I deleted those mails from cryptic, subsequent loading of that character was normal. The mail is part of the problem and so is the inventory, please stop saying otherwise.
  • Options
    soufjen#8281 soufjen Member Posts: 12 Arc User

Workarounds:

eggs
  • Options
  • Options
    silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I know you keep saying it’s mail related and that might be a factor

BUT

I pulled everything off and had 2 emails
    1 for RP and one for wards.
    Both taken and deleted.

My bag space is vast

Still froze then bluescreened

Did the Spam O and got in
    Traded out all enchants

Reloaded and froze
    This is on a PS4 pro

Tried to prevent problems with mail by emptying everything out. Didn’t want non stackable enchants or lost ones.

Still froze.

So now because we have no idea what’s really going on,
    I’m going to blame the Heart of Fire Enchant.
    It’s angry!
    Furious that it’s useless and now left out of the game so has cursed us all!!

Beware the Heart of Fire!
  • Options

I know you keep saying it’s mail related and that might be a factor

BUT

I pulled everything off and had 2 emails
    1 for RP and one for wards.
    Both taken and deleted.

My bag space is vast

Still froze then bluescreened

Did the Spam O and got in
    Traded out all enchants

Reloaded and froze
    This is on a PS4 pro

Tried to prevent problems with mail by emptying everything out. Didn’t want non stackable enchants or lost ones.

Still froze.

So now because we have no idea what’s really going on,
    I’m going to blame the Heart of Fire Enchant.
    It’s angry!
    Furious that it’s useless and now left out of the game so has cursed us all!!

Beware the Heart of Fire!

What's your pro's free space? If it's under 400 gb more than likely the game was running too much. I said the mail was a part of it, it's inventory, etc with the temp enchants. They have to patch whatever on their end that's causing the leak and overused resources. I wouldn't be surprised the heart of fire is also causing issues. There's just so many things inventory wise that's not working right with it. How many characters do you have? Remember in some cases you gotta tend to all of them, not just one. They all will have enchants and old ah stuff in their mail.
  • Options
    new patch is up on ps. about 450mb ~
    eggs
  • Options

new patch is up on ps. about 450mb ~

fingers crossed that it did fix the issues and everyone can see the new mod for more than 5 secs.

• Options
    redfist#9572 redfist Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Haha - April fool's but in February. The server is up but the same bug is still there.

Sigh... At least ESO is having a sale. :)
  • Options
    hehateme999#2396 hehateme999 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Just patched and nothing. Same garbage. They didn't even test the supposed fix it seems. Bravo. Hell of a job guys.
  • Options
    kimkj4389#2721 kimkj4389 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Even after receiving the patch and running it again, the screen freezes. What the hell did you do with the patch and what did you check
  • Options
    sniffa#1407 sniffa Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    LMAO you guys fixed nothing. Prime example of why you should have a console test server. Guess we are Neverwinter Fools for supporting this game
  • Options
    maarte#2715 maarte Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Yeah patch did not fix the freezing issue thanks for trying i will sit tight for another try thanks again for trying damn Valindra your going to get it…
  • Options
    saintturkish#1748 saintturkish Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Yup update did absolutely nothing but waste more time great work guys
  • Options
    bomber#7738 bomber Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Servers came back up and I logged in with a heart full of hopefullnes, that only lasted 5 seconds until I froze again...😳
    Nice try, better luck next time.
  • Options
    phenigma#5013 phenigma Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Game is freezing on login to character still. Whatever patch you guys mixed together is not a fix.

I expect you to do a full server rollback for the people that are unable to login. Many people had setup a lot of stuff ready to sell on the AH and they're getting massively shafted by this.
  • Options
    nodonn#9611 nodonn Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Same, no change after the patch. PS4 btw. Oh well, back to watching Manifest.
  • Options
    gogoplata#0869 gogoplata Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Still freezes after the patch
  • Options
    karacarn#7022 karacarn Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    After the update, Feb 2, it's still broken
  • Options
    Good Job still freezing on ps5….
  • Options
    johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Nope , we do get 10 seconds now before freezing . 2000 more patches might be able to play lmao .
    Sorry guys , I know you’re trying , but you brought it a week early , js
  • Options
    trec#2442 trec Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    10.01 installed.

Still cannot play.
  • Options
    silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Yeah, now it permafreezes!
    I’m not sure if that’s really an improvement over the bluescreen

Telling you, Appease The Heart Of Fire!
  • Options
    elfensky#8498 elfensky Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have tried logging in after the patch (10.01), however the issue persists. The game completely freezes on login and I can't play.
  • Options
    spartan3121#9063 spartan3121 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    you cant be serious right now, this has to be a HAMSTER joke how can u take 30 hours to fix an issue not letting ppl play the damn gamer and the patch does absolutely nothing smdh gearbox should immediately fire the entire cryptic team from top to bottom, such a disgrace.
  • Options
    I thought it was down for maintenance for another hour? Did they forget to take it down?