test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PS] Dragonbone Vale Launch Week Issues

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like a can response you get like… we are sorry did you try unplugging and plugging back in.

Same issues after the patch. Can’t get in on ps5 and if I do get in on ps4 and try and travel to different zone it locks up.
  • Options
    silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Your call is important to us…

This will be funny later
  • Options
    hehateme999#2396 hehateme999 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    > @spartan3121#9063 said:
    > still no response from the devs either lmfao

The went home already lol.
  • Options
    Still not working. HELP!!!!!
  • Options
    chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    Anyone who has spent months working on a project, tested it to the gills, and then launched it only to see something that never appeared during testing manifest and tank the whole thing...can comprehend the level of frustration that the devs must be experiencing right now.

They're human.

I'm glad they're working it.
  • Options
    peonslayer#5745 peonslayer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    So just got home from work after not being able to log on yesterday.... did the 2nd update.... annnnd still freezes instantly. Is this happening to everyone else?
  • Options
    tigerdrsk#8993 tigerdrsk Member Posts: 103 Arc User

> @lilbittypretty1#8021 said:
    >

Yeah thats all well and good. Except my mail was completely empty , all my enchants in inventory with plenty of room to spare on all characters and I have 7TB (yes 7 terabytes) of storage on my ps system. I literally had 1 mail from cryptic with 3 items in it. Which has been since deleted and I still freeze. So I don't think it's a storage problem. If that was the case my account would be working fine by your definition.

Was the first bag not filled to full? No overflow bags? Yeah the patch didn't really do anything so I have no idea what it was trying to fix, it's something with the inventory. I wonder if deleting the save file for neverwinter might help at all? Don't redownload the game but delete the save file. I also noticed that dragonborn bodies have a hard time loading. All I know on my end that all seemed to work and with 7TB you shouldn't have an issue running it at all. The only thing I can think of is the system trying to keep give those temp enchants possibly, or there is some issues with what some characters are wearing. I just wonder why some accounts are getting stuck while others aren't? Some the issue is just the mail and that resolves the issues. There's something in the inventories that's doing it. Seemed the patch didn't help other relatives either when trying to load on ps 5 either so back to looking at the ps4 on my end to see if something can be spotted and compared to the running one on ps5. Come to think of it, I think I know what might be an issue. The ones that are having issues are wearing the holiday elven outfits and thats why they crash. Their bodies tend to disappear on ps 4 when they move around so they end up being arms and legs for moments when they were running. I wonder if it's the wardrobe? Are any of your characters wearing the elven event dress or other outfits?

• Options
    > @"tigerdrsk#8993" said:
    > Was the first bag not filled to full? No overflow bags? Yeah the patch didn't really do anything so I have no idea what it was trying to fix, it's something with the inventory. I wonder if deleting the save file for neverwinter might help at all? Don't redownload the game but delete the save file. I also noticed that dragonborn bodies have a hard time loading. All I know on my end that all seemed to work and with 7TB you shouldn't have an issue running it at all. The only thing I can think of is the system trying to keep give those temp enchants possibly, or there is some issues with what some characters are wearing. I just wonder why some accounts are getting stuck while others aren't? Some the issue is just the mail and that resolves the issues. There's something in the inventories that's doing it. Seemed the patch didn't help other relatives either when trying to load on ps 5 either so back to looking at the ps4 on my end to see if something can be spotted and compared to the running one on ps5. Come to think of it, I think I know what might be an issue. The ones that are having issues are wearing the holiday elven outfits and thats why they crash. Their bodies tend to disappear on ps 4 when they move around so they end up being arms and legs for moments when they were running. I wonder if it's the wardrobe? Are any of your characters wearing the elven event dress or other outfits?

None of my characters are wearing the mentioned wardrobe or even have them in my inventory.
  • Options
    ladybwolf#1282 ladybwolf Member Posts: 1 New User
    My characters are still freezing and my friends can not still get on the game at all. It will go to the Home Screen but will not let them close it.
  • Options
    @sliced0strife - I guess we have to be our own troubleshooters in this. Depending on if you're using a ps5 or ps4 also makes the diff in even getting any type of load. The ps 5 loads everything too fast and hits the freeze almost instantly, the ps4 gives about 20 secs. Inventory, mail, etc also make instant freezes at times. Not much time to try anything. I just wonder if those enchants are endless looping a feed of giving to the player. The patch notes only says on addressing on whatever issues. Whatever they tried didn't fix anything as the same issues seem to persist.
  • Options
    > @tigerdrsk#8993 said:
    > @sliced0strife - I guess we have to be our own troubleshooters in this. Depending on if you're using a ps5 or ps4 also makes the diff in even getting any type of load. The ps 5 loads everything too fast and hits the freeze almost instantly, the ps4 gives about 20 secs. Inventory, mail, etc also make instant freezes at times. Not much time to try anything. I just wonder if those enchants are endless looping a feed of giving to the player. The patch notes only says on addressing on whatever issues. Whatever they tried didn't fix anything as the same issues seem to persist.

And therein lies the problem. There's not even any transparency into the process. We could probably work together as a community to work out the root cause and a fix but they're silent.
  • Options

> @tigerdrsk#8993 said:
    > @sliced0strife - I guess we have to be our own troubleshooters in this. Depending on if you're using a ps5 or ps4 also makes the diff in even getting any type of load. The ps 5 loads everything too fast and hits the freeze almost instantly, the ps4 gives about 20 secs. Inventory, mail, etc also make instant freezes at times. Not much time to try anything. I just wonder if those enchants are endless looping a feed of giving to the player. The patch notes only says on addressing on whatever issues. Whatever they tried didn't fix anything as the same issues seem to persist.

And therein lies the problem. There's not even any transparency into the process. We could probably work together as a community to work out the root cause and a fix but they're silent.

I'm noticing a lot of issues with male dragonborns where the body doesn't load at all, especially the torso when logging in. I'm wondering asset wise if they removed something on mistake. Most characters we have are dragonborns and the whole missing body thing is happening a lot with these logins.
  • Options
    druidjeb#4763 druidjeb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    2 days of this, log in and freeze. Hope we are getting reimbursed for lost VIP keys, most likely not. :#
  • Options
    Ps4 Pro still freezing just like before only I downloaded some patch that did who knows what whatever it did it didnt fix anything same as before broken game what good is a game you cant log in to
  • Options
    viraloverload#3756 viraloverload Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2022
    I own both the pS4 and 5. The patch did nothing to stop the freezing. I have to agree about being reimbersed for lost VIP items. It is also confirmed that i can start a brand new account (not char) and i have played through to level 10 with no issues. Something got broke in there “conversion” of accounts.
  • Options
    > @percemer said:
    > We performed an emergency maintenance to address crashing issues.
    >
    > Here are the patch notes: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/neverwinter/news/detail/11508393
    >
    > However, there are still some issues being worked on. We will keep you updated on progress.
    >
    > Thank you again for your patience and understanding!

I'm sorry but this is a bit ridiculous at this point. Maybe you guys should call someone? Is there still a Geek Squad? Has been almost 2 full days and the game is unplayable
  • Options
    cricket75#4726 cricket75 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Game is still freezing on all characters. Now it freezes after the home page. Not able to go to mail or collect keys. I have friends that can play still but I’ve got the bad luck bug. Help!!
  • Options
    > @tigerdrsk#8993 said:
    > Was the first bag not filled to full? No overflow bags? Yeah the patch didn't really do anything so I have no idea what it was trying to fix, it's something with the inventory. I wonder if deleting the save file for neverwinter might help at all? Don't redownload the game but delete the save file. I also noticed that dragonborn bodies have a hard time loading. All I know on my end that all seemed to work and with 7TB you shouldn't have an issue running it at all. The only thing I can think of is the system trying to keep give those temp enchants possibly, or there is some issues with what some characters are wearing. I just wonder why some accounts are getting stuck while others aren't? Some the issue is just the mail and that resolves the issues. There's something in the inventories that's doing it. Seemed the patch didn't help other relatives either when trying to load on ps 5 either so back to looking at the ps4 on my end to see if something can be spotted and compared to the running one on ps5. Come to think of it, I think I know what might be an issue. The ones that are having issues are wearing the holiday elven outfits and thats why they crash. Their bodies tend to disappear on ps 4 when they move around so they end up being arms and legs for moments when they were running. I wonder if it's the wardrobe? Are any of your characters wearing the elven event dress or other outfits?

Nope bags empty no overflows. Have been able to log in with the workaround (spam circle and ps button) and already have the new enchants , threw out the complimentary wooden ones, upgraded them all. Have 2 rows of inventory space, mail empty, cryptic mails and starter enchants deleted. Hell I reached my weekly cap.on currency. But can't log in to my gf. Even with the work around. Can't log in without the workaround which only works about 40% of the time anyway on my hr and not at all on my gf. Don't have any of that fashion on (I wear my gear anyway) but still have to spam buttons and pray when I log in and can't get in at all on my gf
  • Options
    orochimaru6666orochimaru6666 Member Posts: 7 New User
    > @"chaderickrax#3780" said:
    > Anyone who has spent months working on a project, tested it to the gills, and then launched it only to see something that never appeared during testing manifest and tank the whole thing...can comprehend the level of frustration that the devs must be experiencing right now.
    >
    > They're human.
    >
    > I'm glad they're working it.

they clearly didnt test it
  • Options
    spartan3121#9063 spartan3121 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    percemer said:

We performed an emergency maintenance to address crashing issues.

Here are the patch notes: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/neverwinter/news/detail/11508393

However, there are still some issues being worked on. We will keep you updated on progress.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding!

you didnt address a god damn thing
  • Options
    jrh11982jrh11982 Member Posts: 2 New User
    The current patch has yet to fix the freezing issue. How can your say it’s resolved in the patch notes when it is clearly not resolved.
  • Options
    chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    jrh11982 said:

The current patch has yet to fix the freezing issue. How can your say it’s resolved in the patch notes when it is clearly not resolved.

Taking your question at face value and leaving out all likely incredulity:

When something like this happens, it usually means that the team found something that fixed the problem in whatever test server they're using. However, since the problem didn't exist on the test server in the first place (or else it would never have gone live), there's some amount of guesswork involved.

They write the patch notes ahead of time, and it's not very professional or inspiring to write in the patch notes, "We hope like hell that we got this right."

So, the patch notes reflect what they hope like hell is true.

This time, they hoped wrong.

• Options
    maarte#2715 maarte Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Its a friends list issue cryptic if that helps in anyway i removed all my psn friends and now my account works no more freezing
  • Options
    silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    You can’t make rank 5 enchants account wide. No option pops up.
    Have no friends list.
  • Options
    jbat13#6664 jbat13 Member Posts: 14 Arc User

percemer said:

We performed an emergency maintenance to address crashing issues.

Here are the patch notes: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/neverwinter/news/detail/11508393

However, there are still some issues being worked on. We will keep you updated on progress.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding!

you didnt address a god damn thing
    Has any of the lynch mob stopped long enough to think that maybe the crash and the freeze are separate issues. Regardless, it clearly states that the emergency maintenance addressed crashing issues, and that there are still some ( i repeat some, ie plural) issues being worked on. If any of you can show me where they claimed to have fixed it all, please do. Because what I see is a group of people that are working diligently to get as many customers as possible back in play as soon as they can; all the while still trying to fix the rest of the issues for the rest of us. Yet no one can remember just a few short hours ago this is exactly what you (the mob) wanted. Answers! Information! There was even some among us that said we would act this way if they did do what the mob was hollering for. Let us all remember to give the opportunities and grace that we would want. may you all have a good night and may we be up and running soon. without attacking the very people that have worked long and hard so that we can enjoy the game we do.
  • Options
    tosacat#6896 tosacat Member Posts: 2 New User
    Still freezes after patch.

So I have time to check out my confirmation email about neverwinter from psn.

In this 5 years, I have bought "at least" 11000 Zen 70 times, 5300 Zen 46 times, 2000 Zen 19 times, 1000 Zen 9 times and some other patch. Spend over 9.7k usd and now you will not get a single coin from me because of your bad job with those incapable staff who can't get their job done in minimal standard.

Game didn't work like the description, I thought it's not professional already, and now the game is not even work. A programmer student can even do better than that. This is not your game, this is your job, If your staff can't get the job done, than hire someone who can.
  • Options
    firewolf#4157 firewolf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Tried to log in a couple of times since the update and my screen still freezes like it did yesterday. Same is still happening for my husband on his Playstation as well.
  • Options
    bigbob#4478 bigbob Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    STILL BROKEN.... How can I collect per diem?
  • Options
    the1truth#2141 the1truth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Still freezing every time I log in on ps4 and ps5 worse on ps5, what’s the eta on the fix? My whole family can’t play
  • Options
    spartan3121#9063 spartan3121 Member Posts: 61 Arc User

jrh11982 said:

Taking your question at face value and leaving out all likely incredulity:

When something like this happens, it usually means that the team found something that fixed the problem in whatever test server they're using. However, since the problem didn't exist on the test server in the first place (or else it would never have gone live), there's some amount of guesswork involved.

They write the patch notes ahead of time, and it's not very professional or inspiring to write in the patch notes, "We hope like hell that we got this right."

So, the patch notes reflect what they hope like hell is true.

This time, they hoped wrong.

"this time" lmfao clearly u havent been here long