test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Random Queues

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The old scaling system (skull icon instead of level) worked reasonably well, as attacks scaled based in each player. A scaled mob did level 60 damage to a level 60 character and level 30 damage to a level 30 character. Incoming damage, likewise was scaled so that both characters did a similar amount back to the mob, adjusted for the quality of their gear. There were 2 issues with it, very low level characters don't have the better powers yet or even proper use of class mechanics and secondly healing from one character to another wasn't scaled. A low level healer couldn't heal a high level one and a high level healer made lower levels invulnerable.

A system like that would IMO satisfy the biggest objection to the Random Dungeon Queues. However a statement that it might happen in the future doesn't mean much in the coming update.

Additionally, regardless of what happens, it would be very good if new players who have not yet unlocked chat were allowed to speak in party chat (or just removing the whole pointless ordeal)
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    spookymoo#7778 spookymoo Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Excuse me and please bear with as I haven't read all comments, and it's late and I want to be polite and the new system is a bit confusing. But....
    My understanding is that in order to get AD, which I currently get after running a dungeon or skirmish of my choosing (depending on my guild daily or IL or my previous experience of running said dungeon/skirmish), I now need to randomly queue for some such dungeon or skirmish?
    So long as I meet the 'requirements' and have unlocked all new/grinding/ necessary content regardless of party experience? Even fBi/mspc ?
    Well that's good to know...
    And there is a leaver penalty..
    And my bondings are being nerfed....
    And I need to to spend a ton of cash to get to back where I was to qualify to q for dungeons that I completed with my guild a few months ago or so, possibly after several runs in a party choosing ppl/abilities/skills for success, but am not able to or need necessarily to run as a guild group because it's a random q? So we don't know where we are until we get there?

So what was possibly perceived as straightforward (but not necessarily easy..) content, which is now more difficult and requires a bit of planning / co-op / foresight with other players...

Is moved in to the new system of random q with ppl you don't know/haven't played with before/ have met requirements but maybe 1st time here (don't worry you don't need previous experience / it's totally random/ it will all be fine even if you have never run mspc/fbi /CN before ) in order to get Ad

AD (which was achieved from invoking, but changed due to botting, although bottting not possible on consoles, (ssshhhh don't tell anyone)
    In order to progress character or get character back to where they were before companion/runestone/enchantment changes in mod 12b.

Oh and don't forget to run ToNG to get your UmoP, which you need to upgrade your gear to get back to where you are now as opposed to Il mod 12b under the new system so that you are able to run TonG.

So glad we established that!

Good job then that I have the ability to overwrite all this by converting dollars into Zen into AD.

No. Just no. (Polite face)

I'm sorry to disappoint. But my wallet it not limitless. It is not able to bend the laws of time or space . I'm sure some folks have a superpower of limitless funds. But I'm sorry not I
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Did any of you play this game during mod 5 or before? Please share with the class which epic dungeons you could do for a Daily Dungeon AD bonus reward.

All of em I think
    Depends on which mod, but yeah, Rhix's daily quests were a thing.
  • Options

Did any of you play this game during mod 5 or before? Please share with the class which epic dungeons you could do for a Daily Dungeon AD bonus reward.

All of em I think
    No, only VT, MC, and perhaps Epic Dread Vault. But I don't think many bothered with Epic Dread Vault.

• Options
    safespacecadet#3341 safespacecadet Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    pitshade said:

The old scaling system (skull icon instead of level) worked reasonably well, as attacks scaled based in each player. A scaled mob did level 60 damage to a level 60 character and level 30 damage to a level 30 character. Incoming damage, likewise was scaled so that both characters did a similar amount back to the mob, adjusted for the quality of their gear. There were 2 issues with it, very low level characters don't have the better powers yet or even proper use of class mechanics and secondly healing from one character to another wasn't scaled. A low level healer couldn't heal a high level one and a high level healer made lower levels invulnerable.

A system like that would IMO satisfy the biggest objection to the Random Dungeon Queues. However a statement that it might happen in the future doesn't mean much in the coming update.

Additionally, regardless of what happens, it would be very good if new players who have not yet unlocked chat were allowed to speak in party chat (or just removing the whole pointless ordeal)

Maybe they can make the old scaling system better than it was. Fighting Charthraxis was once dangerous for newer lvl 60 (max level) characters.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Genuinely new players can't form their own group for Cloak Tower because they're forbidden to talk to anyone.

Give low level players their own lfg channel that they can talk in. No one can see it but them. I believe they can speak in parties already, but I may be wrong.
    Post edited by safespacecadet#3341 on
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Btw, I forgot that you could get salvage from Sharandar and Dread Ring lairs after you didn't need any more of that tier 1 epic gear (in mod 5). How about Dread Ring lairs having a chance to drop alliance gear? Sharandar is no longer a max level zone, so I suppose we can leave that the way it is.
  • Options
    Also, I have a question. How long would it take you to do Malabog's Castle in a full party of new level 70s equipped with only rare gear and rank 5 or 6 enchantments?
  • Options

Exactly, queues were fine during Dungeon Delves, just bringing that back would solve a lot of problems with the queue system.

I'm okay with bringing back Dungeon Delves as long as you don't have to use a key if you started the dungeon 15-20 minutes before the hour ends. It sucks if you have to use a key because you were a few seconds too late killing the last boss.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Was my post deleted or it bugged because i tried to edit it too many times?

The spam queue had ate your comment, it's been approved. Apologies.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    removing the the daily seal bag is not gonna help at all, perhaps random queue rewards need to be the same as the private queue in order to remove that bag of seals? those extra seal are needed to help get the daily rad cap otherwise its a total failure from DEV TEAM.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I ran edv a couple dozen times, mostly because it was darn fun.. but back then, you didnt need to run dungeons for AD, you ran it for the t2 gear and edv actually had the worst loot, while also being longish. it was alot easier doing it as a CW then a GWF

But once you got your t2 set.. it was a fun thing to run..

(12 days left of vip!)

I know people who left who had 6 months or more on theirs running. I will log in for my key anyways..

They are really bent on doing this.. no matter what we post about it.

I had lots of fun in game though! I will say my goodbyes in game soonish.
  • Options

All of em I think
    No, only VT, MC, and perhaps Epic Dread Vault. But I don't think many bothered with Epic Dread Vault.

If that was the mind flayer one with all the exploding crystals then I use to run it alot.
    Then I stand corrected.
  • Options

Exactly, queues were fine during Dungeon Delves, just bringing that back would solve a lot of problems with the queue system.

I'm okay with bringing back Dungeon Delves as long as you don't have to use a key if you started the dungeon 15-20 minutes before the hour ends. It sucks if you have to use a key because you were a few seconds too late killing the last boss.
    Ya, it should be how we had always wanted it, you start the dungeon within a certain time frame and the event lasts until you defeat the boss. It could be a 30 minute window, instead of an hour, to get more people to queue at once.
    To avoid confusion, as long as people start within the time-frame, whether it is an hour or a half-hour, they should not have to use a key. It may even have been that way, but I can't quite remember now. Maybe half-hour Dungeon Delves would be better.
  • Options
    shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    Dear devs,

No one runs daily dungeons for fun. We do it for the AD. And we run the same ones over and over not because we love them so much, but because they're the fastest. It's a chore that we'd like to get out of the way as quickly as possible so we can move on to the content we actually wanna play.

This new system isn't gonna increase anybody's "fun", or make anything more fair and balanced. It only takes a chore that currently takes 15-30 minutes and stretches it to 40-120 minutes. Time is a resource real players have a limited amount of. Guess what has an unlimited amount of time? Bots.

Why don't you just come out already and admit that AD are meant only for botters, and Zen are for real players?
  • Options
    superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    @asterdahl: you forgot to list the daily bonus for random epic dungeons for some reason, sorry if it has been mentioned already.
    As others I am still mystified by this idea to forcefully shepherd me into the leveling dungeons... reasons have been named already.
    You now raised/redistributed the daily bonus ad considerably. So I would now be concerned about inflation? (cos I´m german...lol..jk) What if a lot of players engage in the burn-out inducing activity (oh, the irony) of running boatloads of alts through the one baby-dungeon and skirmish creating tons of ad (and burn-out) quickly? While more regular or casual players look at ever more astronomical prices? Just asking. I´ll consider myself brave if I don´t suffer burn-out after a while from doing this routine on one or two toons. Sure...for the better part of content up to cn any mid-geared toon is quite overpowered anyways but still...it at least feels like you´re doing -something- ...as opposed to running a leveling dungeon. That will make you seriously consider playing pokemon after a while since the combat there might be more exciting.
This discussion has been closed.