test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Key Changes

Comments

• krasensilverkrasensilver Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    when no one plays this game anymore I'm sure you guys will make more money. keep up the good work and reward the one who came up with that idea
  • kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    I don't care that you are changing how the key system works if you give up better loot but come on I do have a issue with you guys saying we have a IQ less than 2 I know I'm not the brightest bulb but I'm not that dim. "BUG" ??
  • toflux78#6783 toflux78 Member Posts: 44 Arc User

Again, another reminder that while you're absolutely free to share your anger, outrage, disappointment or whatever HAMSTER you want, please keep the posts within the boundaries set by the forum guidelines.

In particular, we still take the following rule seriously, and will continue to enforce it:

Harassing Material
    You may not create posts which contain material that is repetitively insulting, defaming and/or otherwise harassing any other user and/or any PWE employee, officer and/or director.

Thank you.

Agree with you.
    But give a reminder to developer, tester and any other team member of Arc.
    We are their customer.
    You know, that people where the salary come from.
  • albertine123albertine123 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Maybe they just want to take care of us, now we can do our daily dungeon and then go out for a walk, take us some time with our familiy and our friends and not spending 12 hours a day in Castle Never or Fangbreaker...

Or they just want to make us angry :)
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    metalldjt said:

Finally it got fixed. I spent so much of my time to prove that all along it was a bug, and after 10 modules i see the bug being fixed. Now i want to ask you why aren't all the players getting banned from pc, xbox and ps4 for exploiting this ? Do not tell me that this isnt ban worthy ? Since its clearly an advantage that all players gained from it. I refuse, like literarlly refuse to play anymore in a game that is full of bots and exploiters, its really disgusting to play with all these exploiters, i have always played legit, i always bought zen and bought the pack and recived 1/4 from the investment, because this was intended design, but lookin at it now i feel robbed, so explain to me why arent these players that are more or less 50% of your playerbase getting banned ?

So while i was spending 150.000 ad and got barerly 30.000 ad in return there was someone else that wasnt even spending this ammount and he was winning legendary rings, artifacts and belts... I call it the biggest exploit ever , and i do expect that 50% of playerbase to get banned over it, or else you guys are not repecting the ToS and you should be fired for not doing your job.

I cannot belive that there are players that exploited the game for 10modules by DECLINING the chest and the key never got consumed, this is outrageous...

I give you props for fixing it even if its too late, but not dealing with your community and ban them, it's just not acceptable.

Man I hope this is sarcasm. It's hard to tell with you though.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    The option the except or decline is not a bug its a design in there programing
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    uzala said:

A change like this requires pretty much a total restructure of the lootsystem

I was just thinking about the chests that still let you take your pick of one of two items, for example, and how that's not going to work if your loot will just automatically be dumped into your inventory. So they'll be taking that small control away too.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • katycurrykatycurry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

• asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    An old indian proverb said:

'When you pulled the last con on your players, to get more money, you will realize, that you dont earn money without players.'

Or something like that.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • imjustmagiikimjustmagiik Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    xeltey said:

There is a feature in the Neverwinter game whereby players can open a bonus chest at the end of certain dungeons through use of special items named:

• Legendary Dragon Key
    • Daily Dungeon Chest Key
    • Epic Dungeon Chest Key
    • Standard Dungeon Chest Key
    • Mystic Dragon Key
    • Arcane Dragon Key
    • Dragon Queen’s Key
    • Lesser Demonic Key
    • Greater Demonic Key
    • Malabog’s Castle Key
    • Valindra’s Tower Key
    • Kessell’s Retreat Key
    • Ancient Runic Key
    • Dark Fey Key
    • Thayan Chest Key
    • Thayan Lair Key
    Keys are currently acquired by purchasing them from the Zen Market, completing certain campaign tasks, or obtaining them from certain non-player characters. Each key can be used to open and claim the rewards from one chest.

In the Sea of Moving Ice update releasing on the live server on November 8th, there will be a change happening to how these keys work.

There is currently a bug on the live server whereby a player may view the rewards without using a key. This bug has been fixed. When this fix gets to the live server, opening a chest will consume the key, give the player the rewards, and display those rewards to the player. To ensure that keys are not accidentally used, the user interface in game will alert you to which key would be consumed and ask for confirmation before continuing.

Since this bug has been live for a long time and we believe that some players may have come to rely on this bug, we are providing advance notice of the change.

As part of this change we are also lowering the cost of the Zen store item “Legendary Dragon Key 5-Pack” from 300 Zen to 250 Zen.

We are pleased to address this bug because it resolves an inequity between the minority of players who knew about it and the majority who did not, and because the Neverwinter design team will be better able to design rewards for chests going forward now that the bug has been fixed.

- The Neverwinter Team

"There is currently a bug on the live server whereby a player may view the rewards without using a key." A bug? are you actually being serious? you have to be joking... do you take your playerbase as a bunch of idiots?
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

Finally it got fixed. I spent so much of my time to prove that all along it was a bug, and after 10 modules i see the bug being fixed. Now i want to ask you why aren't all the players getting banned from pc, xbox and ps4 for exploiting this ? Do not tell me that this isnt ban worthy ? Since its clearly an advantage that all players gained from it. I refuse, like literarlly refuse to play anymore in a game that is full of bots and exploiters, its really disgusting to play with all these exploiters, i have always played legit, i always bought zen and bought the pack and recived 1/4 from the investment, because this was intended design, but lookin at it now i feel robbed, so explain to me why arent these players that are more or less 50% of your playerbase getting banned ?

So while i was spending 150.000 ad and got barerly 30.000 ad in return there was someone else that wasnt even spending this ammount and he was winning legendary rings, artifacts and belts... I call it the biggest exploit ever , and i do expect that 50% of playerbase to get banned over it, or else you guys are not repecting the ToS and you should be fired for not doing your job.

I cannot belive that there are players that exploited the game for 10modules by DECLINING the chest and the key never got consumed, this is outrageous...

I give you props for fixing it even if its too late, but not dealing with your community and ban them, it's just not acceptable.

You forgot to use Sarcasm color
    asterotg said:

An old indian proverb said:

'When you pulled the last con on your players, to get more money, you will realize, that you dont earn money without players.'

Or something like that.

It like a "DPS dead is DPS 0" :)
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    I will post here as well. As an open beta player, this was not a bug. It was a feature. This will greatly change the way dungeon rewards are looked at. It is a quick money grab. Put it this way. The COST of the keys far exceeds the chance at any measureable attainment in the dungeon chest itself. The COST of the key was offset by the feature of the HAMSTER decline button, which means that we could leave the HAMSTER cheap HAMSTER rewards in the HAMSTER chest and run the boring HAMSTER dungeon again at another chance. This consumed time in the game. Now, we consume the PAID key for HAMSTER worthless rewards with HAMSTER low drop rates.

If this goes live, I will seriously consider a different game. Even the grind of dungeons will not be worth the time.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    "You can shear a sheep many times but only skin it once."
    Guild - Excalibur
  • cleetus76cleetus76 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'm fine with this "Bug fix" if you increase drop rates of the good gear by a fair bit. I sincerely do not think this will generate more revenue. Sure you'll get some people buying keys at first, but once they realize they need 20-30 to get anything good, your sales will severely drop. Not to mention the people that are currently buying keys that will stop altogether. Plus there are multitude of complaints on here and Reddit of people that are going to quit playing altogether because it's increasing the already extremely painful grind.
    This is a huge mistake - you are going to make a large number of your supporters very upset if you go through with this.
  • katycurrykatycurry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User

I will post here as well. As an open beta player, this was not a bug. It was a feature. This will greatly change the way dungeon rewards are looked at. It is a quick money grab. Put it this way. The COST of the keys far exceeds the chance at any measureable attainment in the dungeon chest itself. The COST of the key was offset by the feature of the HAMSTER decline button, which means that we could leave the HAMSTER cheap HAMSTER rewards in the HAMSTER chest and run the boring HAMSTER dungeon again at another chance. This consumed time in the game. Now, we consume the PAID key for HAMSTER worthless rewards with HAMSTER low drop rates.

If this goes live, I will seriously consider a different game. Even the grind of dungeons will not be worth the time.

No seriously.

I want to spend 250 zen for run a very funny dungeon (the first 50 runs) open the chest and have some fun with friends because we found that great boots that I buy 200 times on Enclaves to spent in some way seals.

Serious question. When will be out Battlefield 1? :wink:
  • batdriven#5792 batdriven Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    So it will come to xbox as well?
    This is such a joke.
    The whole game became a joke. There's bugs in my interface since almost a year now and I contacted support about it several times and it's not been fixed. Your support is a joke, your ideas are a joke, everything about Neverwinter is a laughing stock meanwhile.
    I fail to understand, how people still give you money after the tradebars fiasco. Or maybe they don't... that's why you try to sell off this dungeon-key-thing as a BUG to us. In hopes people will spend more real money on you greedy vampires.
    A few of the things you already pulled on us are borderline illegal. How xbox can still allow you to operate like this on their console, is a mystery to me.
    I'm out. It was fun in the beginning, but now just a trainwreck.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    just close the game now pls
  • hroya#2189 hroya Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Greetings,

May i suggest the powers that be to rethink their strategy and be a little more user friendly in their attempts to generate income from this game ?

There are other options that are optional for players to spend money on and not force them towards mandatory spendings for specific content.
    It might be a daring investment for a company on something that has no spreadsheet projection of profit, but i can guess that players are generally more enclined to purchase optional content rather than being forced into purchases to advance in a game.

I could offer some ideas for new optional content i would be happy to spend money on to "dress up" my game experience personally. But i reckon this would not be the topic for it.

it's a game, bits and bytes, it isnt my life. If it entertains me i will play it. When it doesnt then i wont. The people i meet in a game i can choose to continue to be in touch with or not.

I would very much like to stay though and play this game, esp the pig mount makes me laugh every time i see it.
    Please dont make decissions that harms the playerbase and try to be more creative and user friendly in your attemps to generare revenue from the game.

thank you.

• ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    gak!
    when i first glanced at the key list
    i thought this will be some kind of joke...
    the list looked so very outlandish

but then it dawned on me: this is how it really is!
    all these keys exist...
    in - my -bags (most of them lol) !

ah, and for the rest: HAMSTER ! ^^
  • matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    You couldnt just find a worst person/way to anounce this change. It sounded so rude to everyone that support you. On the other hand you couldnt officialy announce a raise in drop chance cause that would automatically mean that the drop chances were severely lowered for several years BECAUSE of this "bug". So you created a loophole all this time to keep people hypnotized under the "key" spell but you kept the drop chances for every valuable item under 1% at most cases. How on earth did you managed to accomplish this atrocity? You are full of bad surprises guys, so full of them..
  • brothergunbrothergun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    You having a joke ?? this is ridiculous i wont be playing after they implement this into the game. Like wtf you cheeky sods!! you calling this a bug when you clearly put a button in to decline the rubbish drops from dungeons. oh yh imma really play a game where all you get is +1 rings and peridots!!! Enjoy our money while you can cryptic because after this bomb shell you WILL LOSE ALOT OF PLAYERS!!!
  • voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I got it. It is April fools day ingame. Great RP right there. ;)

Liar's festival kickoff a bit early. ^^
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • aty22aty22 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    you have forgotten the golden rule of business: the customer is always right, the customer is who has the money, if you do not understand this rule to make decisions like this without listening to its customers. This decision may result in more lost money with the current system, chests have a lot of garbage inside, no one will spend keys that are purchased with real money for items that are useless. It is better to sell 5 keys every week for a year to sell 10 keys per week for 2 weeks because people will not use keys in buying trash and eventually people will not do dungeons, and then people stopped the game and there will be who can buy your keys

And you can not say that was a bug after 3 years, you can make the mistake of treating their customers as if they were idiots, and that if it is a bad decision
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
  • tor#3438 tor Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    HAMSTER poor decision, with the added bonus of being taken for a mug. Nice....
  • sirthanensirthanen Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    What a crappy decision...

Poo... that is what this is it stinks and is hard to swallow, it is dragon sized poo, we have no recourse on this defecation oh I mean decision we are just supposed to swallow and keep on paying the game oh I mean playing the game when there are so many posts on so many broken things that have been around for ages. Then the 1 bug that has not been a bug you decide to finance oh mean fix is an in game feature that makes the RNG bearable after all the poo oh I mean poor decisions that have been made "to stop the evil bots" who are now in game in case you didn't realise... we have to have a game feature removed under the "its a bug and we are fixing it".

I am honestly surprised that you did not blame the evil bots for this as a required fix on the war on botting but you expected us to believe its a bug and move along pay for keys except junk and rinse and repeat and be happy about it. This a another attempt to insert a paywall with out calling it a paywall and somehow putting a positive spin on it with "we fixed a bug" you know what makes this game great players, you know what you are doing with these types changes driving away payers oh I mean players, I hope the bots enjoy all the new content for mod 12 because that is all you are going to have left by then.
  • midnightflaresmidnightflares Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    According to Cryptic:
    We are pleased to address this bug because it resolves an inequity between the minority of players who knew about it and the majority who did not, and because the Neverwinter design team will be better able to design rewards for chests going forward now that the bug has been fixed.

Just wondering how big this "majority" who were "unaware" is.
  • brothergunbrothergun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    sirthanen said:

What a crappy decision...

Poo... that is what this is it stinks and is hard to swallow, it is dragon sized poo, we have no recourse on this defecation oh I mean decision we are just supposed to swallow and keep on paying the game oh I mean playing the game when there are so many posts on so many broken things that have been around for ages. Then the 1 bug that has not been a bug you decide to finance oh mean fix is an in game feature that makes the RNG bearable after all the poo oh I mean poor decisions that have been made "to stop the evil bots" who are now in game in case you didn't realise... we have to have a game feature removed under the "its a bug and we are fixing it".

I am honestly surprised that you did not blame the evil bots for this as a required fix on the war on botting but you expected us to believe its a bug and move along pay for keys except junk and rinse and repeat and be happy about it. This a another attempt to insert a paywall with out calling it a paywall and somehow putting a positive spin on it with "we fixed a bug" you know what makes this game great players, you know what you are doing with these types changes driving away payers oh I mean players, I hope the bots enjoy all the new content for mod 12 because that is all you are going to have left by then.

so damn true
This discussion has been closed.