test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Key Changes

Comments

• wolfshedwolfshed Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Cynical, financially motivated, action from the company that is set on a suicide course. Clearly this is not a bug and has never been viewed as such by the devs. Totally dishonest, money grubbing move from a company that more and more is abusing its customers. Sickening!

For honest players, the kind Crypic always claims to want to reward, taking the rewards from the chest is mostly ok. Making the keys from game currencies allows us to convert grind to profit to develop our characters. It is hard to see that buying a key with Zen is worthwhile more than 1% of the time, given the current state of the insulting rewards for epic dungeons beyond eToS. This move will ensure those who do not make their own keys are royally ripped off, if stupid enough to continue to fund the game via the Zen store.

I have been really positive about recent news from developer blogs and streams. It seemed the game was heading in the right direction, but clearly the company is set on milking the income as quickly as possible before the genuine players move out. For goodness sake, start listening to your customers, Cryptic!
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I run dungeons for guildies and friends. In game... I have ONLY pvp'd for the last 2 weeks. That is how I have not left the game yet...

I have continued to fight against their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and inconsistencies since I started playing this game. You keep expecting a scorpion to be something other than a scorpion.

This is something inside of a program, not a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> bug... grow a pair and stop with your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. You sound like a bunch of American politicians... telling us what the corporations want us to believe. While we actually see the truth.

Quick synapsis... we are not Dorothy, this is not Oz and you certainly are not the Wizard.

I am not leaving because I run a guild and love my guildies... I am done tossing my funds into your coffers.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    A bug? Who are you kidding? You just simply know you could sell more keys from the zen market so you change it. Stop lying to us. Stop taking us for idiots. I had my fair share of BS with Gears of War and there rip off ESPORTS PACK this week.

I have been making keys for lostmauth a lot at some time and just to make ONE i had to run so much tyranny quest. Usually i would pile 4 or 5 and then run the dungeon til i see something good in the chest. Usually i would take a 5k armor chest piece and some refining stones, as well as obviously golden belt/necklace and horn (in the past cause it have not drop in a year for me) Even with current system it took my keys down fast.

BUT now your telling me i won't even be able to see what i get in the chest. You act like this is a bug when its not, like the majority of players didn't knew(lol). All this is doing is making dungeon running less fun and less incitative.

Another of those changes to add to the list of what you guys done wrong. Why you so rarely GIVE to us? Why you always take away?
  • toflux78#6783 toflux78 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    wolfshed said:

Cynical, financially motivated, action from the company that is set on a suicide course. Clearly this is not a bug and has never been viewed as such by the devs. Totally dishonest, money grubbing move from a company that more and more is abusing its customers. Sickening!

For honest players, the kind Crypic always claims to want to reward, taking the rewards from the chest is mostly ok. Making the keys from game currencies allows us to convert grind to profit to develop our characters. It is hard to see that buying a key with Zen is worthwhile more than 1% of the time, given the current state of the insulting rewards for epic dungeons beyond eToS. This move will ensure those who do not make their own keys are royally ripped off, if stupid enough to continue to fund the game via the Zen store.

I have been really positive about recent news from developer blogs and streams. It seemed the game was heading in the right direction, but clearly the company is set on milking the income as quickly as possible before the genuine players move out. For goodness sake, start listening to your customers, Cryptic!

This.
    Honestly from a PS4 player, this game works only because is pretty the only one for this genre.
    My second issue is that I cannot have a refund for the money that like an idiot I spent 3 days ago.
    Worst choice I made in a long time.
    First and last game from this """""software house""""".
  • stallions12stallions12 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    pvp=dead
    fundarys=dead
    getaway=death
    zen exchange=dead

next....kill dungeons

module 6 mean the start of the end of this game
    maybe i need take a look to others games, because i dont find reasons for continue here..
  • jessieflorajessieflora Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    uzala said:

Have the devs actually said that possibility to view contents of chest was a bug? This sounds like a bit of overkill, will droprates be increased to compensate? Coz if it remains as is, this is kinda a nono

Obviously was not a bug, but they use an unbelievable fabricated excuse because they think the players are dumb. We must be dumb to put up with this sort of treatment over-and-over-and-over again. I think the game survives despite the management not because of it.
  • looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    I haven't played this game for two months, but look into the forums every now and then to find threads like this.
    Now that I don't care anymore - it is incredibly funny how bad this company is...
  • albertine123albertine123 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

• cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2016

Hey now, please don't take it out on Xelty!

He's a really great guy and had absolutely nothing to do with this change! He's the Andy equivalent for the International (non english) Community. He's not a developer and definitely didn't suggest this or do anything but get told by whoever did decide to make this change that an announcement had to be made. :(

I don't know which Cryptic Devs came up with this concept but let's not kill the poor messenger. Afterall you will need him and Andy to help voice the player's concerns over this change to the developers at Cryptic. ;)

to be honest, if I was the messenger (or even a moderator on these forums), I'd step down with dignity and distance myself from the mess this whole organisation has become.

we all know he can help voice players concerns, but it's a fool's errand if the devs & decision makers don't give a HAMSTER about our concerns anyway.

all this ranting is not going to change a thing. the sheer pigheadedness of the powers that be has been well demonstrated over the last few years.

they will just dig their heads in the sand and lay the blame elsewhere as normal.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Again, another reminder that while you're absolutely free to share your anger, outrage, disappointment or whatever HAMSTER you want, please keep the posts within the boundaries set by the forum guidelines.

In particular, we still take the following rule seriously, and will continue to enforce it:

Harassing Material
    You may not create posts which contain material that is repetitively insulting, defaming and/or otherwise harassing any other user and/or any PWE employee, officer and/or director.

Thank you.

"Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • lordwhitetigerlordwhitetiger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    There's soon to be a LOT more time I can devote to Netflix. A 'bug' that was 'fixed' in lostmauth SEVERAL times. hmmmm I call bologna on this and throw up the bs flag. Netflix, here I come!!!
    Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil for *I* am the meanest entity in the Valley!
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    Greater demonic keys are only craftable at about one a day, but 2 skirmishes, 1 dungeon and at least 1 raid use them for the bonus chest. I'm not a math major, but that doesn't add up.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited October 2016

Reminder Community Moderators are not staff members. They are players who assist with certain aspects of the forum.
    The Doctor GIF is Ironzerg's opinion of the change as a player.

He was trying to be lighthearted in a request to keep the understandable frustration somewhat reigned in. No mocking intended at all.

Seeing you back gain I wonder, did you get a warning like " we are going to dump HAMSTER on our costomers, better do double shifts this week!" or are you just as surprised as we are? Did they call or mail you that your support is needed?

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • krasensilverkrasensilver Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    when no one plays this game anymore I'm sure you guys will make more money. keep up the good work and reward the one who came up with that idea
  • kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    I don't care that you are changing how the key system works if you give up better loot but come on I do have a issue with you guys saying we have a IQ less than 2 I know I'm not the brightest bulb but I'm not that dim. "BUG" ??
  • toflux78#6783 toflux78 Member Posts: 44 Arc User

Again, another reminder that while you're absolutely free to share your anger, outrage, disappointment or whatever HAMSTER you want, please keep the posts within the boundaries set by the forum guidelines.

In particular, we still take the following rule seriously, and will continue to enforce it:

Harassing Material
    You may not create posts which contain material that is repetitively insulting, defaming and/or otherwise harassing any other user and/or any PWE employee, officer and/or director.

Thank you.

Agree with you.
    But give a reminder to developer, tester and any other team member of Arc.
    We are their customer.
    You know, that people where the salary come from.
  • albertine123albertine123 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Maybe they just want to take care of us, now we can do our daily dungeon and then go out for a walk, take us some time with our familiy and our friends and not spending 12 hours a day in Castle Never or Fangbreaker...

Or they just want to make us angry :)
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    metalldjt said:

Finally it got fixed. I spent so much of my time to prove that all along it was a bug, and after 10 modules i see the bug being fixed. Now i want to ask you why aren't all the players getting banned from pc, xbox and ps4 for exploiting this ? Do not tell me that this isnt ban worthy ? Since its clearly an advantage that all players gained from it. I refuse, like literarlly refuse to play anymore in a game that is full of bots and exploiters, its really disgusting to play with all these exploiters, i have always played legit, i always bought zen and bought the pack and recived 1/4 from the investment, because this was intended design, but lookin at it now i feel robbed, so explain to me why arent these players that are more or less 50% of your playerbase getting banned ?

So while i was spending 150.000 ad and got barerly 30.000 ad in return there was someone else that wasnt even spending this ammount and he was winning legendary rings, artifacts and belts... I call it the biggest exploit ever , and i do expect that 50% of playerbase to get banned over it, or else you guys are not repecting the ToS and you should be fired for not doing your job.

I cannot belive that there are players that exploited the game for 10modules by DECLINING the chest and the key never got consumed, this is outrageous...

I give you props for fixing it even if its too late, but not dealing with your community and ban them, it's just not acceptable.

Man I hope this is sarcasm. It's hard to tell with you though.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    The option the except or decline is not a bug its a design in there programing
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    uzala said:

A change like this requires pretty much a total restructure of the lootsystem

I was just thinking about the chests that still let you take your pick of one of two items, for example, and how that's not going to work if your loot will just automatically be dumped into your inventory. So they'll be taking that small control away too.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • katycurrykatycurry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

• asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    An old indian proverb said:

'When you pulled the last con on your players, to get more money, you will realize, that you dont earn money without players.'

Or something like that.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • imjustmagiikimjustmagiik Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    xeltey said:

There is a feature in the Neverwinter game whereby players can open a bonus chest at the end of certain dungeons through use of special items named:

• Legendary Dragon Key
    • Daily Dungeon Chest Key
    • Epic Dungeon Chest Key
    • Standard Dungeon Chest Key
    • Mystic Dragon Key
    • Arcane Dragon Key
    • Dragon Queen’s Key
    • Lesser Demonic Key
    • Greater Demonic Key
    • Malabog’s Castle Key
    • Valindra’s Tower Key
    • Kessell’s Retreat Key
    • Ancient Runic Key
    • Dark Fey Key
    • Thayan Chest Key
    • Thayan Lair Key
    Keys are currently acquired by purchasing them from the Zen Market, completing certain campaign tasks, or obtaining them from certain non-player characters. Each key can be used to open and claim the rewards from one chest.

In the Sea of Moving Ice update releasing on the live server on November 8th, there will be a change happening to how these keys work.

There is currently a bug on the live server whereby a player may view the rewards without using a key. This bug has been fixed. When this fix gets to the live server, opening a chest will consume the key, give the player the rewards, and display those rewards to the player. To ensure that keys are not accidentally used, the user interface in game will alert you to which key would be consumed and ask for confirmation before continuing.

Since this bug has been live for a long time and we believe that some players may have come to rely on this bug, we are providing advance notice of the change.

As part of this change we are also lowering the cost of the Zen store item “Legendary Dragon Key 5-Pack” from 300 Zen to 250 Zen.

We are pleased to address this bug because it resolves an inequity between the minority of players who knew about it and the majority who did not, and because the Neverwinter design team will be better able to design rewards for chests going forward now that the bug has been fixed.

- The Neverwinter Team

"There is currently a bug on the live server whereby a player may view the rewards without using a key." A bug? are you actually being serious? you have to be joking... do you take your playerbase as a bunch of idiots?
This discussion has been closed.