test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

gateway down????

Comments

• artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Lol Gold sellers are just advertisers. They have Gold farmer bots that has all the Loot, AD etc.
    "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
    "Great men are almost always bad men."
    “If God is all-powerful He cannot be good, if God is good He cannot be all-powerful!”
  • ruffneck#4235 ruffneck Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    @panderus

Seems like the new precautions have had little effect Today alone seems they are back at it as normal, over 50 blocked in the last 10 minutes...
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

kreatyve said:

My personal suggestion is that they find a way to slow down bot's account creation. How though? I have no clue. Captcha's don't work against determined botters. I don't really know of anything that effectively works.

I suggest trying to tie account creation to some sort of requirement that would hinder botters just enough to slow them down. What kind of requirement though I don't exactly know.

Edit:

Maybe some sort of invite only model? I mean.. Invitations are free, but they would give you more control.
    Botters would just send the invite to their bots, probably in an automated fashion. I don't think that would work either.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User

First, they removed the equipment drops, have you seen a drop of a blue armor? No, now all are green, and only give RP 100, compared with 300 that gives a blue. Problem with bots? NO, problem with RP

Was wondering where in the world are you when they decide they remove blue equipment drops. You're way too late to the party.

Then, they bound the RP from enchantments. Possibly at the suggestion of the slaves who worship the masters who are always suggesting bound to do everything that has value in this game. Problem with bots? NO, problem with RP

Then, they removed the R5 of Nodes skill. Problem with bots? NO, problem with RP

These were 3 easy ways to get RP without spending too many hours in the game.

Not sure what you mean. Their (the ones you categorize as slaves) intention is always reduce clutter in their inventory.

They did the same with AD.

First, they removed the AD Leadership.

Then, they prevented armor sets sold in the AH, now everything epic is BtA. Good for alters, bad for economy.

They have now removed the AD prayers.

And always the same excuse: "Bots".

Ah ha. You're not that good at playing your toon, aren't you?

What they have done is that the poor and with plenty of time player does not take place in this game.

What they are doing is transforming a F2P game in a P2W (win something useless) game

No one can choose how you want to play this game except you yourself. Just like how people work hard for their salary bonus and overtime rate pay, this is no different. From what I see, you just make Neverwinter Online as a necessity to keep you alive inside whereas you should be resting and get ready to work next day.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

> @urabask said:

> Which is only true for people that actually play the game. Goldsellers don't need to because they just use a bajillion different accounts. Even with the sale 50 character slots is 2.5 million AD that they'll lose when the account inevitably gets banned.

It if the account is banned.

And as you said, the goldsellers don't need more chars. You think the same account that sells diamonds is the same account you get them? You think the same account that sells diamonds is the same account get Refine Points?

Moderator removed slight flame.

The thing is the accounts get banned regularly. This is hardly a new concept for F2P MMOs. The reason goldsellers are able to stay ahead of the account bans is because they can quickly make new ones with little to no investment lost.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    you want to see my gaming perfomance after you closed gateway? Everywhere lag.
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User

you want to see my gaming perfomance after you closed gateway? Everywhere lag.

This.
    Im having a hard time to believe the servers issue they were having considering my game experience is now by far worse than ever, and i play since beta. Never ever had issues with lag, snr or anything and now since a week its hell. So explain to me? Maybe your servers are breathing some fresh air from the loss of gateway, im personally struggling with connection.
  • sirflowerpowersirflowerpower Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I had astral diamonds for sale for zen in the exchange on the gateway. But since it's down do I have to wait it out or is there a way in game to take my AD's of the exchange?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,353 Arc User
    edited September 2016

PS2: Special thanks to all those slaves who always suggest make to BtA/BtC everything in this game has value. The BtC/BtA objects are really useless

Not sure why you said BtC/BtA objects are really useless, in the last 2xRP, I used these useless stuff to refine a new acquired Twisted weapon and about 7 Artifacts to legendary although I am not a fan of BtC.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Its interesting, Russian Gateway still running: https://gateway.nw.ru.perfectworld.eu/
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016

Its interesting, Russian Gateway still running: https://gateway.nw.ru.perfectworld.eu/

Not really. It's a completely different region, on a completely different server, with a different playerbase, and different game staff.

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    zajojajo said:

FBI guide 1K views, gateway 28K. Folks worries only bout their scripts :/

They only worry about things that are down/broken that they use. Not everyone is using FBI. Alot more use the gateway.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    zajojajo said:

FBI guide 1K views, gateway 28K. Folks worries only bout their scripts :/

And not everyone need an FBI guide, we were tough all we need in the KGB.
  • oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    zebular said:

Not really. It's a completely different region, on a completely different server, with a different playerbase, and different game staff.

Yes, I know that. So it seems problem is not global. I wonder, are there no bots in Russia?
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • playersnoopyplayersnoopy Member Posts: 73 Arc User

Yes, I know that. So it seems problem is not global. I wonder, are there no bots in Russia?

Yes there are lots of bots in Russia but they bot on the US gateway :)

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    In soviet Russia, you bot for the bots.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User

I had astral diamonds for sale for zen in the exchange on the gateway. But since it's down do I have to wait it out or is there a way in game to take my AD's of the exchange?

Open the ZAX in game and take your stuff out. the gateway was just easier to use, it works in the game as well.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • kungfujason#8644 kungfujason Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I would like to table the idea to have the player who use the gateway to have to enter in a code every 10 mins or so to valid that they are a person and not a bot and have the code sent to a email or phone, Do it in such a way they cant have a program get the code. As far as the time thing goes if 10 mins doesn't work then put in a code generator that requests a code randomly.

zebular said:

Simple. Average Russian do not spend as much as we are or willing to spend as much as we are. In order to sell, they need to lower the price. It is more profitable to bot in here for the same amount of effort.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Soviet Russia? What is this, 1985?

FBI vs Gateway? Most players use gateway and are thus interested whereas most players either aren't going to run it or can't yet run it or otherwise don't care about FBI. I don't see any surprises there.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    kvet said:

Soviet Russia? What is this, 1985?

FBI vs Gateway? Most players use gateway and are thus interested whereas most players either aren't going to run it or can't yet run it or otherwise don't care about FBI. I don't see any surprises there.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/in-soviet-russia

It would be more accurate to say that more active players use the gateway. Most players don't use the gateway because frankly most players would see no benefit from it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • vonbek#3799 vonbek Member Posts: 29 Arc User

First, they removed the equipment drops, have you seen a drop of a blue armor? No, now all are green, and only give RP 100, compared with 300 that gives a blue. Problem with bots? NO, problem with RP

Not sure where you've been running or when but I've been chucking blues of all types into Arti's before, during, AND after this last 2 xRP weekend mostly due to low bank space and only keeping r5s and above and actual RP stones as have several guildies and friends.... And I'm talking world drops as well as chests, so even random drops are still chucking blues out.

Unfortunately as statistics always shows a sample size of 1 does not extrapolate well to actual realistic modelling.

As for your statement that there is no easy way to build AD etc... you'll make 15k without much effort just running 2 dungeons, do that on a few toons and you'll soon have AD for VIP... even just selling the boxes from that will keep VIP ticking over leaving your in game salvage/dungeons etc to fuel gearing.

The fact you may not know how to generate a reasonable AD/RP income does not mean that there isn't one still available.

If a newbie like me that's only been in game a couple of months can make vip rank 3, epic account mount and outfit 2 toons to 2.1k including buying and refining artis to Purple ( including things like lostmauth etc ) along with chucking r7s on multiple toons and dragon bone off hands etc along with fashions/dyes and other "cosmetics" without access to Leadership AD and not even one character at LD 20 never mind 24 or whatever it is for Resonant bags... then trust me, there's still potential for healthy enough incomes.

And before you cry "wallet"/"P2W" my total spend so far has been 2 charges of £8. 1 to get me one month VIP to get the ball rolling when I decided to stay along with 2 slots in the sale, and one to cut my wait for the Purple Mount by roughly a week... hardly a wallet warrior am I?
  • mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but:

BAD:
    Using scripts/etc. to "queue" up tasks in Professions via Gateway (ie: Run X task, takes 16 hours, when it finishes, run it again, repeat infinitely).

Proposed "GOOD" solution:
    Using queue in game to run X task and repeat it.

Seems that it's the same thing, just one's done in game and one is not.
    If Cryptic doesn't want that in gateway, what makes anyone think they'll do it in game?
  • virsalus#4183 virsalus Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

My personal suggestion is that they find a way to slow down bot's account creation. How though? I have no clue. Captcha's don't work against determined botters. I don't really know of anything that effectively works.

I suggest trying to tie account creation to some sort of requirement that would hinder botters just enough to slow them down. What kind of requirement though I don't exactly know.

Edit:

Maybe some sort of invite only model? I mean.. Invitations are free, but they would give you more control.
    Botters would just send the invite to their bots, probably in an automated fashion. I don't think that would work either.
    But to be able to do so, they'd have to be able to invite in the first place. By considering very carefully who should get how many invites, that scenario of yours could probably be prevented. Also, if the inviter had at least some responsibility for the invitee, people would think about who they invite. You could follow botting accounts to their inviters and investigate further from there.
  • mariaunapajamariaunapaja Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    > @ajlir#7970 said:
    > Was wondering where in the world are you when they decide they remove blue equipment drops. You're way too late to the party.

I'm was playing this game. I'm playing this game from 3 years. When investing hours in the game was profitable

> @ajlir#7970 said:
    > Not sure what you mean. Their (the ones you categorize as slaves) intention is always reduce clutter in their inventory.

Slave = Worker. Master = Entrepreneur. Its not hard to understand
    Reduce clutter in their inventory??? Really? You've read what you've written or have written without thinking?

> @ajlir#7970 said:
    > Ah ha. You're not that good at playing your toon, aren't you?

??????? Have I said something about your intelligence? Your comment.....

> @ajlir#7970 said:
    > No one can choose how you want to play this game except you yourself. Just like how people work hard for their salary bonus and overtime rate pay, this is no different. From what I see, you just make Neverwinter Online as a necessity to keep you alive inside whereas you should be resting and get ready to work next day.

Ok, ok, you are a slave: "Just like how people work hard for their salary bonus and overtime rate pay", NO, you work hard just like your boss order. And this game are same, you can play just like devs order, not how you want.

Please, use your brain before write, is a good idea.

> @plasticbat said:
    > Not sure why you said BtC/BtA objects are really useless, in the last 2xRP, I used these useless stuff to refine a new acquired Twisted weapon and about 7 Artifacts to legendary although I am not a fan of BtC.

I have my artifacts to max level. With leftover refine I can sell and take some AD for other stuff, such as mounts, companions or enchants R12, now we can't. With leftover refine, other players can upgrade their artifacts, all win. With BtC/BtA you are only one can win something. Sorry, I don't like individualism or egoism, I like share.

> @plasticbat said:
    > The thing is the accounts get banned regularly. This is hardly a new concept for F2P MMOs. The reason goldsellers are able to stay ahead of the account bans is because they can quickly make new ones with little to no investment lost.

No is a new and hardly concept, World of Warcraft have bots and ban accounts regularly. Create an account in WoW it costs 50 € and 10 € monthly. Still, after 10 years, accounts are created and they ban every day in WoW.
    Now, Blizzard made a feature similar to ZEN exchange, players can trade gold for playing time. They have failed to eliminate bots, but have gotten there symbiosis between the game and the bots.
    PS: Sorry for my little flame, not your fault.
  • mariaunapajamariaunapaja Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    > @vonbek#3799 said:
    > First, they removed the equipment drops, have you seen a drop of a blue armor? No, now all are green, and only give RP 100, compared with 300 that gives a blue. Problem with bots? NO, problem with RP
    >
    >
    > Not sure where you've been running or when but I've been chucking blues of all types into Arti's before, during, AND after this last 2 xRP weekend mostly due to low bank space and only keeping r5s and above and actual RP stones as have several guildies and friends.... And I'm talking world drops as well as chests, so even random drops are still chucking blues out.
    >
    > Unfortunately as statistics always shows a sample size of 1 does not extrapolate well to actual realistic modelling.
    >
    > As for your statement that there is no easy way to build AD etc... you'll make 15k without much effort just running 2 dungeons, do that on a few toons and you'll soon have AD for VIP... even just selling the boxes from that will keep VIP ticking over leaving your in game salvage/dungeons etc to fuel gearing.
    >
    > The fact you may not know how to generate a reasonable AD/RP income does not mean that there isn't one still available.
    >
    > If a newbie like me that's only been in game a couple of months can make vip rank 3, epic account mount and outfit 2 toons to 2.1k including buying and refining artis to Purple ( including things like lostmauth etc ) along with chucking r7s on multiple toons and dragon bone off hands etc along with fashions/dyes and other "cosmetics" without access to Leadership AD and not even one character at LD 20 never mind 24 or whatever it is for Resonant bags... then trust me, there's still potential for healthy enough incomes.
    >
    > And before you cry "wallet"/"P2W" my total spend so far has been 2 charges of £8. 1 to get me one month VIP to get the ball rolling when I decided to stay along with 2 slots in the sale, and one to cut my wait for the Purple Mount by roughly a week... hardly a wallet warrior am I?

2.1K??? Hahahahahahaha, ok, tell me when you arrive to 3K. Right?
    I forget the other things you've written because I do not want flame free
  • vonbek#3799 vonbek Member Posts: 29 Arc User

2.1K??? Hahahahahahaha, ok, tell me when you arrive to 3K. Right?

I forget the other things you've written because I do not want flame free

If you present limited facts and a false pretence or two, ie that blues aren't dropping when they obviously still are or that the revenue from Invoking is completely gone, then expect the occasional reply that seems to you to be irrelevant. I ran over 100 CTA ( the previous to this ) with no Golem, doesn't mean that they never dropped just means RNG hated me that time.

As it is it still stands... there is a viable AD/RP revenue stream in game even without any form of RL cash spend. I've not even been working that hard at anything like market flipping etc or running Epics heavily yet ( one due to bankroll, the other due to the poor standard of PUG groups in my time windows ) which are the major sources of gearing and revenue outside the simple methods that kick in at 10/11/12 respectively of profs ( long tem time investment required as the only worthwhile one for non-personal use is still LD for stones ) / Invokes ( now requires in-game activity to reclaim ) / Dungeons ( with an Adjunct of PVP if you're so inclined, and later on at higher levels Skirmishes also providing a reasonable return ).

A timescale that doesn't suit you =/= revenue generation is gone, that's an inarguable fact, just that it's no longer to your liking.

As for 3k you have no idea about current AD balance, planned gearing or purchases, incoming crafts from guildies that I've provided mats for via AH purchases or whether I decided to pop 2k and then work on companions first before moving on gearing wise... or the IL level or several of my guildies who seem to making revenue for Refining and equipping needs just fine, I'd ask them to comment but they're usually too busy working or running FBI... and especially not my available time windows for play.

2.1K to 2.2K is fine for me just now to run DFs/DRs/Epics with guild for seals and Fangs etc without holding them back or counting as a carry, allowing me to actually slot something apt to a build rather than the first high IL item that drops... hell my OP has a pretty much full set of the alliance drops that suit his build to roll into when he eventually gets levelled just because they've been un-needed on my other two and I've not needed the salvage revenue or the RP revenue for them.

Back when I still played WoW seriously I had multiple toons in the 575 to 581 bracket in Mists ( WoD I kinda couldn't be arsed raiding and still had a good few 710+ ), 540 was a skoosh, 550 quite easy... after that you were talking weeks or possibly months for an upgrade worth using. Making that last couple of points for 581? I had raid team mates and guildies that just never made it since they never saw the HWF piece that would have done it. Like any game, when you start reaching the mid to high gear levels it is going to slow immeasurably, especially if you wish to stay viable or not break a set bonus.

Feel free to reply if you want to "the other things" but at least use facts when replying, it will help your argument or point immeasurably.

Also... basic WoW licence upgrade is £10, which is all the botters care about as Trade is available from any capital... so where's this 50 euro figure coming from?

Facts, they help.
    mjonis said:

BAD:
    Using scripts/etc. to "queue" up tasks in Professions via Gateway (ie: Run X task, takes 16 hours, when it finishes, run it again, repeat infinitely).

If Cryptic doesn't want that in gateway, what makes anyone think they'll do it in game?

We'll leave aside whether it's wanted in game or not. From a development level though it has two simple differences:

"Bad"

Scripts produces massive "polling load" to produce their results which in turn produces more server load and packet load, this is bad. Their coding is also usually "first thing that works" based and sometimes will cause further loading, this is shown by the simple fact that as more and more of the WoW APIs were made accessible several addons became smaller, lighter memload and also much smoother and even the Dev teams noticed much less load on several occasions the moment they allowed things to access data from API rather than scraping it however they could.

"Good"

Leaving aside whether it happens or not, In Game and In Gateway would be definition using code generated by the Devs themselves. This would mean that in simplest terms it's not using "first thing that works" but something that is not only designed from the ground up to do the proposed tasks but is also developed in such a way that it does not corrupt, hinder or otherwise interfere with other base level coding.

Simply put it's the difference between Bodge and Proper Fix. :smile:

Hope that helps sort out why we're not asking to bot, we're just asking if possible for a Dev Driven QoL of being able to either queue multiple jobs to fit play windows or a short path automation like "make rank 14 research" where it does itself. It's not a major headache, the simple fact that a script can do it proves it can be done, as what we're asking for is something akin to the way Civ handles Tech research and production queues ( and has since I think civ 3 ? )
  • s3r931s3r931 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for reminding me about russian gateway, i have forgot about it for a year or two.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    mjonis said:

BAD:

snip

There are different things: scripts, bots, and sites that data-mine the game, and probably other stuff.
    Something that does professions, especially with long tasks is probably not the issue, it will scale with the number of accounts, but to get professions to 25 especially leadership is a long process.

On the other hand if we have a site that provide info about the AH, ZAX, etc.. and to do so pulls about 300 requests per minute, 24/7, and for AH, for example, do it via search, because there is no API, and using multiple chars / accounts to subvert the AH delay, then it's bad mannered and create significant load.

But one site that provide great tools and information still probably wont kill the server. Now lets assume that the professional fully automated bots, now auto farm stuff, and auto post on AH, to post at the correct price they must search it, and do actions, so in essence we have a combination of the two things above. We have something that creates immense load on the ZAX / AH by making a lot of actions and scale with number of accounts / chars / bots or however it's made. (I think it's safe to assume that each bot is independent and makes the decisions and searches by itself). So we get a lot of different 'users' that create a lot of data activity (Searches/posts), and this is comparable/definition to DDOSing the server.

IMO, the professions are not the issue at all in this case, people just jump to conclusions, based on the sudden shutdown and AH getting worse and worse, I think it's actually everything but the professions.
    Can be also high rate of SCA bottling for example, but again, professions is less likely due to the time it takes to level those, and the long task times.
    Post edited by micky1p00 on

> @plasticbat said:

> The thing is the accounts get banned regularly. This is hardly a new concept for F2P MMOs. The reason goldsellers are able to stay ahead of the account bans is because they can quickly make new ones with little to no investment lost.

No is a new and hardly concept, World of Warcraft have bots and ban accounts regularly. Create an account in WoW it costs 50 € and 10 € monthly. Still, after 10 years, accounts are created and they ban every day in WoW.

Now, Blizzard made a feature similar to ZEN exchange, players can trade gold for playing time. They have failed to eliminate bots, but have gotten there symbiosis between the game and the bots.

PS: Sorry for my little flame, not your fault.

I did not say any of that. You messed up the quote.
This discussion has been closed.