test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

gateway down????

solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
It says they are doing maintenance, for how long?

Comments

• Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I think the games down too, or at least it just became unplayable before I DCd and couldn't get back in.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Works for me, the game that is, though the lag and snrs are abominable.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    Login server timed out. Funny how this happens just as they did maintenance to improve performance on the backend and it's a double RP weekend.

Under these conditions, I cannot continue to craft many, many pairs of pants.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    With so many different 2x stuff in one shot, everyone should have at least one 2x stuff that is applicable.
    Hence, I expect a lot of people will take the advantage regardless it is for 2xRP, 2xenchant and/or 2xXP.
    I kind of expecting it will go down soon or later.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    We've had 2x events in the past when the player base was much higher and it was never a problem. I doubt it's a capacity issue.

Unless, like me, everyone is crafting many, many pairs of pants.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    vortican said:

We've had 2x events in the past when the player base was much higher and it was never a problem. I doubt it's a capacity issue.

Unless, like me, everyone is crafting many, many pairs of pants.

If I remember correctly, it had issue before with 2xRP too. 2xEnchant was ok. 2xXP was okay. 2xRP, I am not sure it is always ok. Since it is a big gap from the last 2xRP to this one, everybody has tons of stuff. I know I have about 3 times more than usual.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Sorry, I just got home, and Andy is out of town for PAX West, I will try to get some information on this.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Sorry, I just got home, and Andy is out of town for PAX West, I will try to get some information on this.

Any word on this? I can't function without the gateway! :smile:
  • Options
    lastalertlastalert Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    so? any communication would be appreciated
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Well, it is after COB (close of business) on a Friday before a holiday weekend (Monday is a holiday in the US). While they *might* let us know what's going on, there's a solid chance we won't hear anything until Tuesday. Guess we'll see!
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    Fingers crossed - maybe the international side can do something. Just glad it wasn't the whole game; kept thinking they went down for maintenance. lol
  • Options
    lastalertlastalert Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    thanks for the communication :s
  • Options
    virsalus#4183 virsalus Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    What communication? It has been over 5 hours and nothing new.
  • Options
    greyhawken777greyhawken777 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    First time back in months eager to pick up where I left off only to comeback to this. Disappointing.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

What communication? It has been over 5 hours and nothing new.

Trust me, that anyone said anything at all is practically unheard of. Possibly they would have fixed it by now, but the impossibility of such an event caused the data center to collapse in on itself. And keep in mind these are community/forum moderators, not "real" Cryptic employees, and we're *relying* on them to somehow get the word to someone directly associated with the company, while even their liason (Andy) specifically for this tends not to be available on weekends, and trying to get the idea across that this shouldn't be something left until they laze back in on Monday.

Cryptic is pretty well-known for disappearing in entirety once Friday afternoon comes around, and they don't show up until Monday at the earliest. So my suggestion is to plan ahead for an entire weekend of no gateway.
  • Options
    But they will gladly take any money people put into the game over the weekend, eh?
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Unfortunately, I have not been able to contact anyone as of yet about this. I will keep trying.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

But they will gladly take any money people put into the game over the weekend, eh?

Oh, yes, with their Thursday patch day it's clear that they prefer to change things and run things during times when nobody in the company is around for several days or more. I'm not sure what genius in the company decided that it was good to unleash major product changes at a time when no one is around or has the time to fix any major issues that pop up.

In this case, it may just be random and bad coincidence--problematic things happening on weekends is common largely because most of the people normally employed to prevent and fix them are off for the weekend.
  • Options
    Can't they at least pay some dude in India for remote maintenance or something?
  • Options
    I have finally heard back from someone. Unfortunately, the Gateway is down and will not be back up through the weekend, probably not until Tuesday, as Monday is a holiday in the states. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    hav0clolhav0clol Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    kreatyve said:

I have finally heard back from someone. Unfortunately, the Gateway is down and will not be back up through the weekend, probably not until Tuesday, as Monday is a holiday in the states. Sorry for the inconvenience.

this is funny and i am laughing my *something* off

we appreciate the effort you took in finding someone to contact, and understand that it was not your decision to undergo maintenance before a 3 day vacation

Moderator removed moderation discussion.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    It's a game, folks. You can manage your professions through the game client. I know it can be a bit inconvenient, but its hardly the end of the world.

Developers deserve a long weekend just like the rest of us.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options

It's a game, folks. You can manage your professions through the game client. I know it can be a bit inconvenient, but its hardly the end of the world.

Yeah have fun managing professions on 10 toons with just the game client. You will go insane. And yes, it is a game but it's also a game people put money and a lot of time into and for what? To be treated like second class customers and to be fobbed off with a lame apology.
  • Options
    tieashametieashame Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Sucks for me, laptop is overheating and can't get in the game long enough to do any professions, no invoking, notta and I been sick for over 2 weeks to boot. I can login and have a quick look and then logout tho. I have/was using the Gateway to keep in touch with some Guildies and do my professions so I wouldn't get behind on that part of the game but I guess i'll have to wait until it's back up.
    I do however agree that everyone needs time off but they should/usually would have an "emergency" team to handle things like this one would think. Like a website design team maybe? Oh well, back to bed for me.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Yeah have fun managing professions on 10 toons with just the game client. You will go insane. And yes, it is a game but it's also a game people put money and a lot of time into and for what? To be treated like second class customers and to be fobbed off with a lame apology.
    The game client is a lot easier to use than the Gateway is. It remembers your positions in lists, it doesn't bog down waiting for socket.io requests to complete, it shows all the awards. I use the Gateway heavily, especially on mobile, because I can't always get in-game, but managing professions in-game is preferable by far. I have 20 toons that run lvl 25 leadership constantly and I don't think it's that bad to be honest.
  • Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    So, Gateway's dead and no official response on the issue. I understand it's a holiday weekend, but the Gateway went down sometime between 1pm and 2pm yesterday, their time, which is a couple of hours before COB. But a game related service going down after COB shouldn't be an issue, what if it were the game servers that died, we couldn't play the game till Tuesday, because nobody can be bothered to go check it cause it's a holiday weekend? I'm pretty sure if it was the payment system that went down we would have it fixed 15 hours ago.
  • Options
    kvet said:

The game client is a lot easier to use than the Gateway is. It remembers your positions in lists, it doesn't bog down waiting for socket.io requests to complete, it shows all the awards. I use the Gateway heavily, especially on mobile, because I can't always get in-game, but managing professions in-game is preferable by far. I have 20 toons that run lvl 25 leadership constantly and I don't think it's that bad to be honest.
    Sure, for one character the client is more comfortable to use but I have come to really hate using the client for profession management mainly because the frequent logging between toons takes much longer than doing it via gateway. And it also really ticks off all people that have me on their friendlist.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I hit the game hard and heavy yesterday. I knew my weekend would be tied up with other activities, but I am not making excuses for Cryptic. I just got up and haven't been on the game yet, as of today, but I expect to see "Server Not Responding" while fighting a boss, massive rubber-banding, and disconnections. This is what I expect from a game that is optional to pay.

Meanwhile I called my son who is a PlayStation client and asked his opinion about Neverwinter. He doesn't play it, said he would show me RPG games on the PS3 and PS4 that are 1000 times better than Neverwinter in graphics and play style. With that kind of comment, it makes me wonder if it was "worth it" to jump into the console market? The networking wasn't a big issue until XB and now PS have joined our network.

Executives need to plan for every disaster within their business model. I hope they planned for this issue. All said and done, I hope everyone, both players and admins, has a great weekend.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I'm so glad i did most of my open bag stuff already. Only 13k left but that's no biggie.
This discussion has been closed.