test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

gateway down????

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,350 Arc User
    edited September 2016

> @plasticbat said:

> Not sure why you said BtC/BtA objects are really useless, in the last 2xRP, I used these useless stuff to refine a new acquired Twisted weapon and about 7 Artifacts to legendary although I am not a fan of BtC.

I have my artifacts to max level. With leftover refine I can sell and take some AD for other stuff, such as mounts, companions or enchants R12, now we can't. With leftover refine, other players can upgrade their artifacts, all win. With BtC/BtA you are only one can win something. Sorry, I don't like individualism or egoism, I like share.

I max'ed my main long time ago. They were for my 3rd main and alts.
    Anyway, they are far from useless for certain people.
    By the way, you can always sell the unbound end product such r12 enchantment after you feed the bound RP to it.
    People were making a killing for selling r7 Quartermaster using bound RP a while ago.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • vonbek#3799 vonbek Member Posts: 29 Arc User

I max'ed my main long time ago. They were for my 3rd main and alts.
    Anyway, they are far from useless for certain people.
    By the way, you can always sell the unbound end product such r12 enchantment after you feed the bound RP to it.
    People were making a killing for selling r7 Quartermaster using bound RP a while ago.

^^ This.

I've several R8s ready to go when I drop BTA/BTC marks for them for my mains ( now whether I idle my GWF or OP is another matter ) from the last 2 x RP, and have also been using BTC and BTA to get some brutal 6s ready to refine from CTA for either resale or even slow but sure upgrading for when my gear allows them over azures etc as optimal.

I'm a newer player so don't have the bankroll and RP stocks that veterans have. To me the simple fact that enchantments aren't bound makes even Thau stones useful to me on alts as it's open mail, refine, post to next idling alt with thau spare.

I think he is simply confusing "no use to me" with "no use at all" among other things.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

I have my artifacts to max level. With leftover refine I can sell and take some AD for other stuff, such as mounts, companions or enchants R12, now we can't. With leftover refine, other players can upgrade their artifacts, all win. With BtC/BtA you are only one can win something. Sorry, I don't like individualism or egoism, I like share.

Bwahahahaha. Who are you kidding?

You like selling it for AD.

No is a new and hardly concept, World of Warcraft have bots and ban accounts regularly. Create an account in WoW it costs 50 € and 10 € monthly. Still, after 10 years, accounts are created and they ban every day in WoW.
    Now, Blizzard made a feature similar to ZEN exchange, players can trade gold for playing time. They have failed to eliminate bots, but have gotten there symbiosis between the game and the bots.
    PS: Sorry for my little flame, not your fault.

Good job attributing what I said to Plasticbat. I'm sure he loved that. /s

WoW is on a completely different scale from Neverwinter so it's not really accurate to make direct comparisons. There's simply more profit in WoW because of the massive number of players. If they're botting in Neverwinter they have to get by on a much smaller margin so they can't afford the kinds of losses they can in WoW.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    clonkyo1 said:

Mariaunapaja (XDDDD) Is right on some sense:

BoP/BoA items are "useless" for a reason: You can't sell them to other players and you must carry them until either sell them into vendors (lose income money) or 2xRP events are up (once each 2 months, i think), making your spacebag even smaller. I do agree, however, that using bound RP to refine unbound RP is a good thing when used to refine R9+ enchants on enchants side or RP from DR, i think, campaign. Sadly, some players still don't know this.

On the other hand, he is completly right on a thing: the removal of blue gear from mobs was a huge mistake, not just to refine them into artifact gear but, also, as a way to get AD income from AH for non so averange players.

Except I and guildies are still getting Blue drops?

I've been chucking blue world and chest drops into belt and neck on two toons for weeks now, and listing the ones with decent suffixes if they were sub 70.

That proves that there is still blue drops on mobs, it's as simple as that.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,350 Arc User
    edited September 2016

clonkyo1 said:

BoP/BoA items are "useless" for a reason: You can't sell them to other players and you must carry them until either sell them into vendors (lose income money) or 2xRP events are up (once each 2 months, i think), making your spacebag even smaller. I do agree, however, that using bound RP to refine unbound RP is a good thing when used to refine R9+ enchants on enchants side or RP from DR, i think, campaign. Sadly, some players still don't know this.

On the other hand, he is completly right on a thing: the removal of blue gear from mobs was a huge mistake, not just to refine them into artifact gear but, also, as a way to get AD income from AH for non so averange players.

I've been chucking blue world and chest drops into belt and neck on two toons for weeks now, and listing the ones with decent suffixes if they were sub 70.

I personally did not see any level 70 blue drop by mob. The occasionally level 70 blue I got have been dropped from end chest. We are not talking about salvageable bound blue stuff (that you see a lot of times in T1 dungeon).

Sub level 70 blue stuff has no value as AE refinement.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • smbvmssmbvms Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    Ok so they (Devs) were blaming gateway bots for server instability. Still no gateway and today 6 server disconects! Maybe it's not the gateway at all...
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    smbvms said:

Ok so they (Devs) were blaming gateway bots for server instability. Still no gateway and today 6 server disconects! Maybe it's not the gateway at all...

I haven't had a single DC all day. But what the heck they should just bring the gateway back up because of anecdotal BS.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    smbvms said:

At this point could be anything. But i have a few theories.
    1. Could be all the security measures they added over the years
    - to combat gold farmers and sellers is putting a strain on the server.
    2. Could be coming from another game since some of there games
    - are put on one server,
    3. I also think the patching server is contributing to the server issues.
    - i wonder at times when is the last time they actually check it.
    "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
    "Great men are almost always bad men."
    “If God is all-powerful He cannot be good, if God is good He cannot be all-powerful!”
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User

I know that conspiracies are sometimes true. But, as someone who played SCA daily, I can tell you the gateway server WAS melting down.

This is 100% true. When I started playing SCA again a couple weeks before the takedown, it would freeze, dc, reload, or require a reload half a dozen times per dungeon run for me. I wasn't sure what the problem was, but it was apparent the server was all kinds of screwed.

clonkyo1 said:

I personally did not see any level 70 blue drop by mob. The occasionally level 70 blue I got have been dropped from end chest. We are not talking about salvageable bound blue stuff (that you see a lot of times in T1 dungeon).

Sub level 70 blue stuff has no value as AE refinement.
    That's exactly what I'm talking about too.

Sub 70 I'm selling the blues with decent secondaries on AH and vendoring the rest, and the 70 115 blues that are dropping the same except the trash secondaries / low resale are being thrown to the Artifacts as RP rather than vendored.

There are still 115s dropping in game that are BoE and therefore sellable or able to be moved to a character other than the one dropping it for RP purposes or be resold on the AH for people like myself and others hitting fresh 70 to replace EE gear with.

*snip*
    How would one do this? Simple. First, find @Ironzerg79's guide on personal RP/ item XP and implement it. Set a tab on the WB selling basic rank BtA enchantments based on the level of the buyer (up to R6s at lvl70 or increase the TB enchantments to r8 and make it r7). Then remove all RP rewards from the game and professions (they can stay BtA here so there's no need for an entire removal) and have mobs give item XP in relation to their base level and mob rank (trash, elite, king and boss). Let that be the currency we use to upgrade out artifact stuff. You use it, it gets better. Simple. If Cryptic doesn't want to remove the RP market entirely (which I can understand), they'd have to limit unbound RP (generic RP mind you!) and any BoP items (be creative here. Fashion and transmutes are desirable drops too and we could use more of them!) to epic bosses, which bots cannot complete. I would include HE's in this, but those can be completed by just watching other players do the work. That's would be defeating the purpose of the plan.

This solves the problem in 2 ways:
    First, AD sellers can't sell anything but the daily 35k AD per bot. This would raise their prices by huge amounts and make it less interesting for people to buy. Of course, they could just create more bots, but there's still only 24H in a day. There is a limit of how many bots you can have running in that time. Then they could use the ZAx to sell zen items. But with an unstable ZAx there's no real profit in it.
    Second, with a fair item xp gain there is no need to buy AD to buy RP with even if it was possible. It's just a matter of playing the game for personal progress. Cryptic can still sell (BtA!) item xp-packs if they wish, although I would recommend cutting prices by at least 50% and adding more non-power stuff to the zen store to compensate.

*snip*

you mean this little gem?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/548389/suggestion-for-a-new-experience-system-for-artifacts-and-equipment/p1

I've found it through your reference and while possibly not what Cryptic/PW would love, it would indeed provide a hefty detterent to botted RP and AD to buy said RP through removing one avenue they addrees for the more impatient players.

Here... have a +1
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    panderus said:

panderus said:

We took it down because automated activity was putting undue pressure on our servers and it was clear that it was risky to leave Gateway up any longer as it was causing performance issues to more than just the Gateway servers. We have been monitoring the amount of RP generated from Leadership and have not identified it as causing enough distortion to the RP economy to make any changes at this time.

We have talked about what to do about Gateway internally and looked into the issue, we plan to have a decision on how to tackle this issue next week.

I want to have more details for everyone by the end of next week on what our plans are. As much as I like Gateway too, we can't let it threaten taking down the rest of the game servers let alone itself.

What he said that I said.
    @panderus You guys are gradually taking away everything that makes this game unique. Foundry is exceptionally brilliant.. Gateway is something way different than most games.. and yet... both are neglected or removed.. at least for a lengthy period of time.

Please...
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • tagnusironsordtagnusironsord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

My personal suggestion is that they find a way to slow down bot's account creation. How though? I have no clue. Captcha's don't work against determined botters. I don't really know of anything that effectively works.

Okay, I know I'll take some flak just for throwing the idea out there, but I don't care.

Once upon a time, when things were simpler and the astrals flowed like water, there was a promotion wherein if the player registered their shiny new NVidia GeForce branded video card, they got 1 million astrals. It's on the Promo Code page (down near the bottom) if you don't believe me. ;)

That's not going to happen, no problem.

So pick a thumbprint reader brand, (google them, seriously, they start at $10 on Amazon), make a deal with them, and give us a heap of BtA Stronghold Vouchers if we use one like you did with GeForce (or Logitech, etc).

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Take take take take take.

Still haven't returned ANY old epic dungeons yet. Seriously Cryptic only screws themselves over on this. They have no idea how much of a boon for the game and player base would be just by taking the time to bring them back. But no, add more HEs which HAMSTER people off.
  • tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Many people in my guild are not happy with the Gateway being down, nor am I, so make haste and provide a reasonably decent service for a change.
    ghoulz66 said:

Take take take take take.

Still haven't returned ANY old epic dungeons yet. Seriously Cryptic only screws themselves over on this. They have no idea how much of a boon for the game and player base would be just by taking the time to bring them back. But no, add more HEs which **** people off.

Castle Never?
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • audrey32audrey32 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Castle never didn't return... some bad bad version of it did or more like different dungeon with the same name appeared.
    I truly hope they will bring Gateway back, I think trough the years we suffered enough nerfs, bad changes, loss of income.
    I don't know how much more the player base will endure.
    Personally - I use gateway from work, cant log in game to do profs so even leveling professions like Alchemy is impossible - each 10 min log on 1/12 chars to start experiments... just not worth it.
    If you guys don't find a way to bring it back I'm afraid soon a lot of ppl will leave - as they did after the AD removal from Leadership.
    How many more can u spare?
  • estomsonestomson Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'd be okay with having to put in a CAPCHA to get into Gateway and per round of SCA. They could make it something clever like showing a picture and asking the color of the halfling cloak or something. They could also go to a mobile app platform and secure it to the phones UDID.
  • knight5878knight5878 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    I completely agree with the xp upgrade system takes care of botters and make actually playing the game profitable to your advancement.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    audrey32 said:

Castle never didn't return... some bad bad version of it did or more like different dungeon with the same name appeared.
    I truly hope they will bring Gateway back, I think trough the years we suffered enough nerfs, bad changes, loss of income.
    I don't know how much more the player base will endure.
    Personally - I use gateway from work, cant log in game to do profs so even leveling professions like Alchemy is impossible - each 10 min log on 1/12 chars to start experiments... just not worth it.
    If you guys don't find a way to bring it back I'm afraid soon a lot of ppl will leave - as they did after the AD removal from Leadership.
    How many more can u spare?

As always i agree with you Aud. ;)

We both know, how our guilds got half way empty at Mod 6, then we recovered- somewhat, well anyways those who survived it-, then came AD nerf, same scenario, then came Trade bar nerf- same picture again-, now this.

I really must fight how i choose my words mildly enough, cause every time we get some life into our small guilds, we lose a ton of players at each such point.

As far as player numbers go, even without empirical evidence it's so easy to say the truth, just have to look at some normally heavily populated instances or just look at the ever decreasing number of PVP pages.

Also the growing numbers of utterly boring HEs won't fill the whole such bad decisions make. FACT

Please start to learn how to please your customers, just a tiny bit. Note it isn't contrary to earning money, on the other hand, more happy customers, more open wallets.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• h3llbentwisph3llbentwisp Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2016

clonkyo1 said:

Nevermind, for one I screwed the quote up and for two I found my answer out via the wiki page. Now I feel like an idiot because for all of this time I have been trying to upgrade my artifact gear with just refining stones and nothing else. I had no clue you could use level 60 and 70 surplus equipment to do so.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    All the blue gear I got as lvl 70 in the past while has been from gateway, everything that drops in mobs, etc, is usually around lvl 50.
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Here I am taking an unscheduled break in the middle of the workday to waste time trying to do Gateway and it's still closed down. What a waste. Every time I didn't want to work this is what I did.. now what CRYPTIC?
    Back to washing dishes and digging holes. Oh I wish I was a salaried worker.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    Hey all,

Quick update. The meeting to discuss what to do is at 5pm PST today. I will try to make it back after the meeting to share some sort of update with you all if I have enough time afterwards.
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    panderus said:

Hey all,

Quick update. The meeting to discuss what to do is at 5pm PST today. I will try to make it back after the meeting to share some sort of update with you all if I have enough time afterwards.

Thank you and please... I so badly need companion neck items and they are.. well lets say I am NOT PAYING THAT PRICE.

I needz my SCA.

@panderus
    P.S. The correct answer is not "Companion Gear will Now Be Purchaseable at the Zen Store"
  • gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 61 Arc User

Profession tasks to make top-of-the-line Companion gear would be nice.

Agreed...trying to buy Companion gear now, you have to go to AD sellers...400k for one ring
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

panderus said:

Hey all,

Thank you and please... I so badly need companion neck items and they are.. well lets say I am NOT PAYING THAT PRICE.

I needz my SCA.

@panderus
    P.S. The correct answer is not "Companion Gear will Now Be Purchaseable at the Zen Store"

panderus said:

Hey all,

I needz my SCA.

@panderus
    "Companion gear can now be purchased with Trade Bars, and are bind on equip."

panderus said:

Hey all,

I needz my SCA.

@panderus

panderus said:

Hey all,

I needz my SCA.

@panderus
    "Companion gear can now be purchased with Trade Bars, and are bind on equip."
    Would HAMSTER everyone off... but not be out of character for them

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
    Just FYI... this SNR and DISCONNECT HAMSTER has gotten worse since they had an emergency patch AND since they took Gateway down. I'm really getting fed up with losing NICE part of this game to supposed holes that are causing connection issues.. but their "fixes" don't work, make things worse, or take from us something we love (not always for the most noble reasons lol).

I'm beginning to think that the issue isn't with existing systems... since they have been around forever... I think the issue is more with the personnel and priorities of Cryptic/PWE.

If Gateway was hemoragging AD and causing the game company to not be able to pay SKILLED programmers to work for them... that's one thing.. make a small investment in money and get that hole plugged.. don't take the whole system from us.

We won't a diversity of options of how we play this game.. not to be pigeon holed into one route because of the lack of resources or know how (or GREED) on the part of the game company.

This in and of itself will destroy the game.. not hackers.. exploiters... or Gold Sellers.. but an errosion of trust between Gamer and Game Company.

• theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Naw, it'd be in character to make them bind to account on pickup. If they're bind on equip, that means they can be sold on the AH-which would mean that the price on the AH would simply be the average cost of tradebar items per tradebar. Some tradebar items can already be bought on the AH after all, because plenty of us have tradebars (from VIP packs) and nothing to spend them on, so we use them to get sellable items and then sell them.

If Companion Gear items were put on the Tradebar shop at the same cost as the module specific gear, and were SELLABLE, I don't think their equilibrium AH price would be as high as the Ring of the Loyal Avenger is, at the very least.

Profession tasks to make top-of-the-line Companion gear would be nice.

Nice idea... but ultimately would ruin the market.... and still I'd prefer SCA. It's something different to do that was actually profitable. Just tedious enough that not everyone would even bother trying. Professions on the other hand... you'd flood the market.

This discussion has been closed.