test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any class changes or rebalancing confirmed?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    the patch notes are not even posted and you guys are complaining. It's insane. there are 100 changes to HR for example according to the devs and most of them are necessarily visible. you have no idea what the exact changes were made to any of the classes and what stuff got broken accidentally. And then there will be future patches with more stuff.

Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User

lantern22 said:

deathbeez said:

Holy ****, that's capped 25% TOTAL for Into the Fray. Are you kidding me!!!!!??
    That's 300% nerf!!

I don't know, that's how I'm reading thefabricant's post, but I'm not sure. Might try and finish off any forgotten boons I need on the GF, freaken quickly
    ITF in no way, shape or form relates to DR. ITF just provides a flat damage buff of up to 25%.
    So, pretty much, you wanna kill the class ? So people can start looking only for OP prot again and leave gf's out of bound ?
    No this is too much of a nerf, reduce it to a 50% increase damages cap, but don't come from 200% down to 25, it's just not fair...
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I was all up in arms about the changes at first, the screaming that night could be heard 100m down the road . . . . but I think I've calmed down a bit now - thnx Scathias.

I've copied my GF over to preview and I'll check it out tonight.

Regarding ITF, at first I was thinking of the nerf in terms of its proposed DPS increase as a percentage of what it is now, and thinking 300% decrease is the end of the world. But that's probably not how we need to view it. All ITF needs to give us is enough buff to keep GF's viable in a party and maybe enough DPS increase to make running dailies etc. not too boring with a GF (keeping in mind that with a tank you need to expect to have lower DPS than a striker).

Hell, who cares if it takes 2x as long to complete a skirmish or DD, as tanks we should be used to that. Can't be any worse than dailies in IWD and the 3mins it takes to jab away at a Polar Bear. Let the strikers worry about the extra time it will take to complete stuff.

Maybe the proposed 25% DPS increase is the right number. Keep in mind we still have Mark as a debuff and Tide of Iron as a debuff and the tanking ability.

I'd like to know what the changes to Enforced Threat are, if that goes someway to make up for the ITF nerf, well then its probably pretty bearable.

Still not really happy about nerfing lunging strike, unless the interrupt % chance has been increased to 100% at max rank . . . . .wanders off to thefabricant's preview post to check.

Note: all of the above is from a tank / buff GF viewpoint, might be a different story if your DPS specc'd
  • Options
    metalldjt said:

@lantern22 ITF is 30% dps increase, not 25%.

Thnx, going home now. Hopefully I'll check it out
  • Options
    abmaiden95abmaiden95 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I think he's considering the feat which gives u 5% dmg buff from itf
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    lantern22 said:

I was all up in arms about the changes at first, the screaming that night could be heard 100m down the road . . . . but I think I've calmed down a bit now - thnx Scathias.

I've copied my GF over to preview and I'll check it out tonight.

Regarding ITF, at first I was thinking of the nerf in terms of its proposed DPS increase as a percentage of what it is now, and thinking 300% decrease is the end of the world. But that's probably not how we need to view it. All ITF needs to give us is enough buff to keep GF's viable in a party and maybe enough DPS increase to make running dailies etc. not too boring with a GF (keeping in mind that with a tank you need to expect to have lower DPS than a striker).

Hell, who cares if it takes 2x as long to complete a skirmish or DD, as tanks we should be used to that. Can't be any worse than dailies in IWD and the 3mins it takes to jab away at a Polar Bear. Let the strikers worry about the extra time it will take to complete stuff.

Maybe the proposed 25% DPS increase is the right number. Keep in mind we still have Mark as a debuff and Tide of Iron as a debuff and the tanking ability.

I'd like to know what the changes to Enforced Threat are, if that goes someway to make up for the ITF nerf, well then its probably pretty bearable.

Still not really happy about nerfing lunging strike, unless the interrupt % chance has been increased to 100% at max rank . . . . .wanders off to thefabricant's preview post to check.

Note: all of the above is from a tank / buff GF viewpoint, might be a different story if your DPS specc'd

+1
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options

I think he's considering the feat which gives u 5% dmg buff from itf

No, with the Tactician feat ITF will give 36.5% DPS increase.

Overall, for me, from a mob / trash point of view it is a slight nerf, not excessive because of the increase to ET.

But from a single target perspective it appears to be a significant enough nerf because of the change to LS (25% damage nerf and 50% increased cooldown), AoD and ITF. That might address the PvP issues, don't know.

As long as we can hold the threat of the main bosses, that's the main thing.

I'd be happy enough if the nerf to LS was removed or reduced, the rest I can live with
  • Options
    lantern22 said:

Hold that thought, they are proposing to nerf Tide of Iron as well. That is bad, very bad
  • Options
    isabisab Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    GF needed a nerf. GWF still need quite a few adjustment as well. Seeing too many GWF just run in and barely take any damage. The sheer amount of GWF running around should clue you in as to how ridiculously unbalanced they are in term of damage. The kids always choose the overpowered, easy-mode classes. :smile:

Funny seeing all the GF that were asking for OP nerfs now cry their eyes out since it's their turn to be balanced. The irony is quite delicious.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="theslotharmy#3268">
    Gwf isn't that tanky.
    Only BiS people are that tanky.
    If you nerf gwf's based on the perspective of BiS people you're just gonna **** the majority of the population.
    </blockquote>

Isn't that the very argument used to nerf GF? Because the BIS players did too much damage? You really cant think it was due to all those casual protectors still more concerned about getting one shotted then impressive DPS.

Nerfs always follow BIS players, not the rank and file. After all, the rank and file are not the ones that push the limits in their quest to produce game breaking high damage numbers.

Make no mistake when GWF gets its due, and it will, it wont be because of the casual players. Despite them being the players most effected by it.
    Post edited by sockmunkey on
  • Options
    wachumpongwachumpong Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    isab said:

GF needed a nerf. GWF still need quite a few adjustment as well. Seeing too many GWF just run in and barely take any damage. The sheer amount of GWF running around should clue you in as to how ridiculously unbalanced they are in term of damage. The kids always choose the overpowered, easy-mode classes. :smile:

Funny seeing all the GF that were asking for OP nerfs now cry their eyes out since it's their turn to be balanced. The irony is quite delicious.

they are already done with DC and OP
    now they are working in GWF/GF/HR and SW

im sure the next is TR and maybe a little rework on CW, who knows
  • Options
    johnjohniiijohnjohniii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 108 Arc User
    I'm going to impetuously wine about all the nerfs... but the next mod needs to be a home run or i'm going to wine with my pocket book.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    kalindra said:

pigme31 said:

...and that class already had only one viable path and that only because of the bugged puppet.

And according to people who seem to know what they're doing, the changes are substantial improvements. Not nerfed, buffed (and fixed).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    pigme31 said:
    1) They fixed all the bugs.
    2) They got slightly buffed, not nerfed.
    kalindra said:

pigme31 said:

...and that class already had only one viable path and that only because of the bugged puppet.

and 3) SW has 2 viable paths not 1.
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I'm very concerned about sw's pvp playability. Everyone knows how badly sw performs now in pvp and still they decided to nerf our main survival tools.. movement and dt damage resistance.
    It just shows that devs didn't actually do proper testing before these "balancings" and it's not like we as a sw community didn't give them ideas/offered help to fix main issues.

• Options
    d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    @taitinhakkaaja check up on the changes amenar has been working on in the official SW mod 10 changes thread. Movement speed now has a net +5% increase with Shadow Walk. An immunity frame for the first second after Shadow Slip activates has also been implemented.

Yes, dreadtheft hurts. I wont argue that. However, while this is not an equivalent replacement, BoVA adds +20% deflection chance (or is it 25%?) while active and cannot be interrupted.
  • Options
    reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    Any other new changes that are to be expected? I like the new changes to SW but was wondering if they will change on official Mod 10 release or are things finalised already?