test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any class changes or rebalancing confirmed?

Comments

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    fastrean3 said:

Suddenly thinking what is definition of the harder challenge content or difficult dungeon?

The mods have more hp, dr and damage to player or the dungeon really need each classes co-operate?

It looks like hard for them to balance by simply modify 1 or 2 things, each issue feel like build on top of each other and fall into bad loop due their marketing decision, lazy and bad content design over 9 mods.

If overpower can't be off, then how about change currently dungeons works to reduce the overpower affect?

1. Force each class to play their roles in dungeon. Imagining a boss fight, everyone get strong dps and healing debuff once get in boss room, to stop the debuff, classes with cc ability need to keep cc certain mods/items to interrupt the debuff, then the dps class can damage the boss, tank need hold the boss & mods and healer keep party alive as usual.

2. Split the dungeon difficulty base on item level, like lv2000, the boss as usual, lv3000 more adds and boss will stun player, lv4000 boss refect 20% damage and mods reflect 5%, and will first priority Attack player who cc the debuff mod/item.

3. If the dungeon difficulty split by item lv, then the reward should be different, lv2000 remain current live server reward. Lv3000 reward should slightly better and lv4000 reward should better alot(blood ruby, master crafting materials may be...)higher lv dungeon should had higher drop chance for certain items

Anyway, just my imagination, i know dev won't accept any of us suggestions, otherwise, the balance would had been done long time ago :p

We don't need 4k dungeons because 4k is about padding your ilvl. What they really need to do is make pets, mounts and insignias add ilvl because there's a huge amount of stats/buffs that make all those 4k players more effective than say a 3.5k player because a lot of your ivl up to 4k is just stat padding that doesn't make your character any more effective.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    morenthar said:

As some have generally daid, the underlying problem with PvE balance is that this game doesn't reward players for balanced builds.

Too many people get lost in DPS. If the game wasn't designed as a DPS race, we wouldn't be talking about DPS balance. Also, the lines would be blurred between PvP and PvE builds. Don't need a duo spec if a more defensive spec makes sense for PvE content.

I wouldn't mind the high DPS builds, IF the devs compensated by increasing their squishiness. You should not have a super high DPS SW or CW team up with others of similar kind and be able to complete T2/T3 dungeons w/o tanks.

That's right - balancing goes in both directions. Kills me when I see people complaining about well built GFs uber DPSing on Anvil of Doom, but think nothing of SW and CW classes with almost as much DR as a GF. Balance = every class has a role - no class should have it all.
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    @urabask, yes, you are right, all those overpower stuffs should also calculated to ilvl too.

The ilvl 4k dungeon, i m not means for 4k player, i think i should call the dungeon difficulty divide to normal, epic, legend, myth.

Currently the epic dungeons are more like the time consuming process to get the gear to become PVE bis including overpower stuff. Btw, The reward sucks. Just like @mentinmindmaker said, if u actually run on 2k ilvl, its challenge. But once overgear to dungeon, all epic dungeon just become dps fast run farming. We need some where harder to release our bis/overpower anger.

All my assumption base on if dev not able to balance/ refuse remove (reduce) overpower stuffs due to their marketing saleing purposes >:)

Assume If we have legend dungeon:
    1.the difficulty should = bis gear/overpower performance, which is respecting player's time/$$$ spending.
    2. It should starts reduce the importance of High dps. Let said a legend CN, all mods/minions have a self buff to reduce 60% damge from player, but the their buff can be disable via cc. Eliet mods/minions able to cc, but the duration much shorter. Orb in last boss fight constant exist and move around with predicted rotation. Orb also able to cc, and while been cc, its aoe disable. Thus, players are still able to run a full hdps party to try to by pass mods self-buff, or run a buff party to buff/debuff by pass mods self-buff, or run a balance team that have support class to cc mods to disable their buffs and let the dps class do full damge. 2k player allow to try, but it will deadly for then and the process will be very slow.
    3. The reward quality of legendary dungeon should = 10 times epic dungeon farm reward, all item boe.

Assume if we have myth dungeon:
    1.its for the player who think legendary dungeon is boring and not challenge enough. myth dungeon should extremely hard, deadly, all melee mods able to leap and knoc player, no mistake allow.
    2.It becomes bis/ overpower are nessury need for survival.
    3.it starts punish hdps party, mods not only got buff reduced 60% player damge and it also reflect 60% damage what player due, thus, more targets more damge u do, u either instant kill ur self or tank who using kv. Cc the mod are the only way to disable this mod's buff.
    4.The fighting process should full of random and uncertainty. Let said the orb in myth CN last boss fight, now their moveing direction are random, and whenever it hits player, heal boss for that amount x2.
    5. Reward quality should = 10 times legendary dungeon farm reward, all stuff boe

Omg....i am dreaming again :D
    Post edited by fastrean3 on
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    null
    Wow hat off to you good sir! Why isn't your idea implement in the game already??? Man, it'd be awesome and crazy difficult *-* And finally, rewards better than a blue piece of salvageable gear...
  • reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    I fail sometimes as a Solo SW... as a solo DC I can solo quite easily. Hopefully reasonable buff to SW is coming, DC is ok to use in both party and solo so no complaints about DC from me.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    Just hard cap every ability at 80%, 80% crit, 80% dam bonus from power, 80% arp, 80% DR (already applies) and so on, doesn't matter how much people stack stats then and will force them to stack other stats.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

Just hard cap every ability at 80%, 80% crit, 80% dam bonus from power, 80% arp, 80% DR (already applies) and so on, doesn't matter how much people stack stats then and will force them to stack other stats.

I would agree with that.

• checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    #Strum, do the class changes maybe include a new class? Hmmmm...

Can you give any hints?
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

#Strum, do the class changes maybe include a new class? Hmmmm...

Can you give any hints?

SW's have been crying for a rework for a year or so I keep hearing, atm they seem to rely on broken mechanics to contribute to party content and struggle when it comes to solo content, from what I understand that is.

Hard to imagine them adding a new class when right now all classes seem broken on some level.

• krypticlitekrypticlite Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Well here is my 2 cents of opinion on balance. I've played a lot of the classes at mid range gs around the 2.5k area and if you have also done so then you will see where I am gonna go with this.

Until the elol set was changed my gwf was leaps and bounds above any of my other classes in terms of dps. Do we need to take away unstoppable to fix an artifact? NO! Well that got fixed and now when any of my classes are not in a party with triple bonded companion gf and dc they all do about the same mediocre damage.

To be able to balance we would first need to fix some of the internal bugs that each class possess. How many times have you got the unstoppable bug and have to pray to get hit to remove your excess hp so you can actually do some more dps?
    How many times have you clicked tyrannical threat to have all of your soul shards (all 5) disappear?
    How many times have you been in a party of 5 and can only see 4 icons?
    I mean the list goes on an on and on etc.....

Whenever a game increases damage modifiers in percentages, when the game is young and levels and damages are low it's ok. But when a game matures into what we have now (aka power creep) utilizing damage percentage modifiers causes many an error.

How many of you have been in a group with a triple bonded gf and dc with hp set? I don't care what class you are, your damage is going to go thru the roof plain and simple even if you are at 2k levels.

I don't want any class "toned down" in terms of damage by changing the already hard to deal with mechanics in the game. I want to see a change in the way buffs/debuffs are handled and a bug fix to every class first.

And by no means do i want gfs or dcs broken because that's where I believe this will go if not done right. I know for sure I don't want someone just starting to play to sink 3 power points to Into the Frey to realize it does absolutely zilch. See paladin sacred weapon for that one.

Instead maybe change ITF so it can't go above 80 percent cap or at least try it on test and see if it manages to tone down the damage we are seeing. But for the love of NeverWinter don't go breaking a lot more things to try and fix an easy fix.

I kinda worry I will log in to find that IBS now has a hard cap of 2 damage per second, hidden daggers now only causes IBS to turn into a hidden strike that does 0 damage. Log to my warlock and find that SS has been changed to buff my pet to keep it alive while I solo. I know the sarcasm is dripping there but you guys get my point I hope.

To sum it's not the class that is needing to be fixed beyond actually fixing powers and feats to ACTUALLY work, it's the modifier system of math that needs to be worked on behind the scene that will affect every single class.

Unstoppable wasn't nerfed, it got fixed and by fixed I mean it got fixed the only way they knew how to since the unstop bug is completely beyond their ability reliably replicate let alone fix so that it is WAI.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

Unstoppable wasn't nerfed, it got fixed and by fixed I mean it got fixed the only way they knew how to since the unstop bug is completely beyond their ability reliably replicate let alone fix so that it is WAI.

It was nerfed pretty much, not keeping temp hp after battle is understandable, but limiting it to 30%(or whatever it is) is a smidge too low for my liking...
    And since it's still broken from time to time, I wouldn't call it "fixed".
  • elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

i wished they could've done class balance changes every week or month... but they arent doin it .. problably they are pushin it for a bigger patch.

Class balances every couple of months is how we got here... let's try something new.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

metalldjt said:

i wished they could've done class balance changes every week or month... but they arent doin it .. problably they are pushin it for a bigger patch.

Class balances every couple of months is how we got here... let's try something new.
    If you want even more bugs ...

They stick to large patches for a reason.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

metalldjt said:

Well we already tried class balance once a year so that's off the table.....

It was nerfed pretty much, not keeping temp hp after battle is understandable, but limiting it to 30%(or whatever it is) is a smidge too low for my liking...
    And since it's still broken from time to time, I wouldn't call it "fixed".
    The fix you are referring to isn't possible, since they cannot reliably replicate nor understand where in the code it is going wrong. Like I said, they fixed it to the best of their ability but until they understand what is going wrong, you will never get the fix you crave.

My comment still stands :P
    We are pretty much limited to grinding LoL arti and 3k salvage per run so +1 to the post above.
    deathbeez said:

I hope the nerf them/buff me bickering that's been going on the last couple months doesn't get us another mod6.
    We're all biased and want our preferred classes to be powerful. So our input is going to be 1-sided.

Honesty. A rare creature when discussing "balancing".
    And when will they be balanced enough, FINALLY, to get us a new Class or Race?

"Balancing needed still" has been the excuse for no new race/class in the game for, what, almost 2 years now - since the advent of the Paladin.

It's getting boooooring...waah.
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    @kemnimtarkas, +1

I want the new class too :p
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Can we at least have a hint that the SW is getting serious attention? Not some lazy Band-Aid solution.
    ghoulz66 said:

Can we at least have a hint that the SW is getting serious attention? Not some lazy Band-Aid solution.

Don't worry about it, I am sure the devs would make things workable if not perfect, it has been a while since the SW has had any serious attention though. We can only hope things are ideally balanced at the end of the day for PVE and PVP for all classes with changes confirmed.
  • dannydark007#2612 dannydark007 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Balance between classes is needed, yes, but let's also not forget internal balance changes between paragon feat trees and paragon paths. Some Ideas:

Healing Specs: DP Light, DC Virtuous, DC Faithful (SW Temptation): All of these need some sort of passive party damage mitigation as part of their capstone: a healer is useless if most of the danger comes from one shot kills... Perhaps it could be something like: Every 360 seconds damage that would normally kill an Ally within 30 ft instead drops them to 5% HP.

Control Specs PVE: CW Oppressor, GWF Instigator, TR Scoundrel: All of these need a +% damage buff on their control powers vs control immune targets in PVE. The +Weapon Damage of the Oppressor is not near enough, it needs to be something like: Your Control powers deal double damage plus extra damage determined by your Control Bonus (+1% per 10 Control Bonus Stat) against control immune targets as part of the Capstone. (Note: I did not include the HR Trapper here because they are already the premier PVE Spec for that class.)

Others: These are the specs that are never played in PVE they need something to make them viable:

GW Sentinel: The GWF Tank Spec, needs to actually be able to fulfill that role. Doubling the Mitigation of Living Wall would be a start for the party plus he actually needs to be able to take a hit from Orcus w/o falling dead since he has no at will shield like a GF or Prot Pally... Perhaps: You gain a percentage of the damage you deal as stacking Temp HP as part of the Capstone to work as a buffer.

HR Archery: Needs to do competitive damage with Trapper, probably with a single target focus. Increase Prey to a 60% bonus and add: In Addition, your Prey does 10% less damage to you.

HR Combat: Always in close and dangerous needs more survival and more damage: Blade Hurricane: Reduce the once every 5 seconds limit on Flurry to once per second. Battle Crazed also adds Deflect = to the Life Steal bonus. Fluid Hunter adds 1/2/3/4/5 Deflect.

SW Temptation: The Utility Spec: A big boost to native lifesteal plus more actual party utility is needed: Aura of Despair: Add Allies within 30’ deal 1/2/3/4/5% more damage. Aura of Cruelty: Add Enemies within 30’ take 1/2/3/4/5% more Damage. (Increase all effects to 30’ for both) Darkness: Make the damage reduction universal, not just personal. Soul Bonding (Capstone): Add: Additionally your Life Steal chance is increased by 15%.

TR: Whisper Knife PVE: A just out of melee range spec that does viable damage in PVE would be nice: Dagger Threat (Class Feature): Does +5/10/15/20% within 20’ and +2.5/5/7.5/10% more damage at any range. Disheartening Strike (At Will): Reduce the Damage they deal to everyone (not just you). Vengeance Pursuit (Encounter): Remove The target deals reduced damage and ADD: the target takes increased damage of 3/6/9/12% from all sources. Razor Action (Class Feature): Increase the base damage. Hateful Knives (Daily): Add: and refills your Stamina. (So you can roll out of melee.) Advantageous Position: Make the 20% damage reduction universal not just ranged.

TR Saboteur: One with Shadows (Capstone): change One with Shadows from every 15 Seconds to: Every time you deal critical damage outside of stealth you refill 5% of your Stealth Meter. When you Enter Stealth you gain One with Shadows: All your powers deal 20% increased damage while in stealth and for 10 seconds after leaving stealth.

TR Scoundrel: Skull Cracker (Capstone): change from every 15 Seconds to: The first Encounter power you use after leaving Stealth now also Dazes the target(s). In Addition when your stealth meter is empty you dealt 25% more damage. This bonus diminishes as you fill your stealth meter.

Just some thoughts...
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

Honesty. A rare creature when discussing "balancing".

Especially on this forum. I don't agree with how this forum deals with it.
    ghoulz66 said:

This should be #1 on the 'balancing' agenda since the day Cryptic changed life-steal.

No one I know uses warding flare and Geas in dungeons and Skirmishes... I use to use warding flare at dread ring skirmish it was ok to use once in a while. Maybe could use some tweaking in cool down and effect for DC geas and warding flare?
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

Balance between classes is needed, yes, but let's also not forget internal balance changes between paragon feat trees and paragon paths. Some Ideas:

Healing Specs: DP Light, DC Virtuous, DC Faithful (SW Temptation): All of these need some sort of passive party damage mitigation as part of their capstone: a healer is useless if most of the danger comes from one shot kills... Perhaps it could be something like: Every 360 seconds damage that would normally kill an Ally within 30 ft instead drops them to 5% HP.

Control Specs PVE: CW Oppressor, GWF Instigator, TR Scoundrel: All of these need a +% damage buff on their control powers vs control immune targets in PVE. The +Weapon Damage of the Oppressor is not near enough, it needs to be something like: Your Control powers deal double damage plus extra damage determined by your Control Bonus (+1% per 10 Control Bonus Stat) against control immune targets as part of the Capstone. (Note: I did not include the HR Trapper here because they are already the premier PVE Spec for that class.)

Others: These are the specs that are never played in PVE they need something to make them viable:

GW Sentinel: The GWF Tank Spec, needs to actually be able to fulfill that role. Doubling the Mitigation of Living Wall would be a start for the party plus he actually needs to be able to take a hit from Orcus w/o falling dead since he has no at will shield like a GF or Prot Pally... Perhaps: You gain a percentage of the damage you deal as stacking Temp HP as part of the Capstone to work as a buffer.

HR Archery: Needs to do competitive damage with Trapper, probably with a single target focus. Increase Prey to a 60% bonus and add: In Addition, your Prey does 10% less damage to you.

HR Combat: Always in close and dangerous needs more survival and more damage: Blade Hurricane: Reduce the once every 5 seconds limit on Flurry to once per second. Battle Crazed also adds Deflect = to the Life Steal bonus. Fluid Hunter adds 1/2/3/4/5 Deflect.

SW Temptation: The Utility Spec: A big boost to native lifesteal plus more actual party utility is needed: Aura of Despair: Add Allies within 30’ deal 1/2/3/4/5% more damage. Aura of Cruelty: Add Enemies within 30’ take 1/2/3/4/5% more Damage. (Increase all effects to 30’ for both) Darkness: Make the damage reduction universal, not just personal. Soul Bonding (Capstone): Add: Additionally your Life Steal chance is increased by 15%.

TR: Whisper Knife PVE: A just out of melee range spec that does viable damage in PVE would be nice: Dagger Threat (Class Feature): Does +5/10/15/20% within 20’ and +2.5/5/7.5/10% more damage at any range. Disheartening Strike (At Will): Reduce the Damage they deal to everyone (not just you). Vengeance Pursuit (Encounter): Remove The target deals reduced damage and ADD: the target takes increased damage of 3/6/9/12% from all sources. Razor Action (Class Feature): Increase the base damage. Hateful Knives (Daily): Add: and refills your Stamina. (So you can roll out of melee.) Advantageous Position: Make the 20% damage reduction universal not just ranged.

TR Saboteur: One with Shadows (Capstone): change One with Shadows from every 15 Seconds to: Every time you deal critical damage outside of stealth you refill 5% of your Stealth Meter. When you Enter Stealth you gain One with Shadows: All your powers deal 20% increased damage while in stealth and for 10 seconds after leaving stealth.

TR Scoundrel: Skull Cracker (Capstone): change from every 15 Seconds to: The first Encounter power you use after leaving Stealth now also Dazes the target(s). In Addition when your stealth meter is empty you dealt 25% more damage. This bonus diminishes as you fill your stealth meter.

Just some thoughts...

Wow - for a first post, you've checked quite a few boxes on my balance list. Nicely done danny.

I aim to misbehave
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    morenthar said:

@dannydark007#2612

Dude, you just nailed down a lot of stuff.

I strongly agree. Nice work.

(@terramak - that post is seriously worth passing on to your combat designers, please and thank you)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • johnjohniiijohnjohniii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 108 Arc User
    any game that gives the freedom this game does is going to make balance an issue. can my 3k cw compete dps with my gwf... not really. but can my cw make dungeons WAY easier by locking down enemies.... yes it can. i think an earlier post had it right with getting rid of the bugs. prime example, sw's glitch taking down bosses in a few seconds. that's why people are asking for sw in cn... they can't beat it without a bug.
    fix bugs, new classes... i'd love it!
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Should be a blog on class balance next week. The major changes are going to the SW, HR and the GF.

I do want to say that complete class balance will almost never happen in any game. I'm a huge fighting game fan myself, which is a genre that relies the heaviest on a balanced roster of fighters, but at the end, a tier list always pops up with some characters performing better than others. Can we get closer to a more balanced game? Sure! I hope the changes do just that.

They should also go on Preview pretty soon for everyone to test.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited July 2016

I do want to say that complete class balance will almost never happen in any game.

this is what i wanna read!!!! so we can push "restart NCL" button soon, right?