test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Marks of Potency Pricing Changes

Comments

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Editted out a few choice words in the title and post. I understand the frustration, but let's be more careful in our choice of language, especially in our titles
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

They should have informed the community BEFORE the 2xRP about the GMOP changes that occurred AFTER 2xRP and set up a buy-back program though.

True, but at least they start doing something, let's see if they lower the AD requirement for stronghold boons ;)

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    This was a two-fold move: Reduce an AD sink, and punish those using them as an AD sink bypass. They won't admit it, but its pretty obvious on those two points.

They could have simply changed the number of GMOPs required and called it a day, but instead they chose to make a new item and reduce the cost of the others.

And the number of RP items keeps on growing...we are at around 145 now I think, with all the different states they can come in. All pointless also, as it would be just as easy to increase the quantity of a single drop instead of making a new, higher value stone. In the end, what is the difference between dropping 1 Aquamarine, or a stack of 15 white pearls? This is a major inventory sink, and its totally necessary.
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Double X weekends are usually a precursor to bad news lately.
    I had a feeling something really bad was coming and sold just about everything I had of value before 2xRP.
    Made sense, leadership was finally tanked for good, I figured AD was just around the corner (like STO players told us it was).

• Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    Nullify effort of spending ZEN/AD on making 10/11/12 ranks and mystic gear, means .... new content coming up soon to keep hamster wheel rolling.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• Options
    acelandowacelandow Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    At least I may finally be able to get beyond Rank 5 Enchantments!!!. I could never afford the Mark of Potency. The only higher ones I have are ones I got from Lockboxes the time I bought Keys.

And I am glad the Leadership Items are back on the gateway. I am still trying to level up Leadership to level 20, which is so hard with the max XP being 240. I was hoping at first that they had only taken the AD from the Gateway Tasks. Sorry to see them go in the game client.

I have 3 toons, all between 62 and 65, none have a high enough GS to go into the Epic Areas.
  • Options
    sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    It's a stupid change. There was just no reason to introduce yet another Mark.
  • Options
    s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    they COULD have made artifact equipment gain a percentage of the players XP with every kill (a la Torchlight) which is completely inventory-less ... but that doesnt sell Runic bags of holding ;)
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    I suspect most people sitting on stacks of GMoPs are looking to upgrade their enchant GEMS (Armor/Weapon Enhancements) and whatnot.

I also suspect this is WHY they are NOT changing the enchantment GEMs because of this. The change to GMoP/SMoP affects plain enchantments only. I really doubt people stacking GMoPs are going for rank 12 on all they dark enchantments, etc.
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    Boo hoo for whiners who once again try to find a loophole to enrich themselves while the folks who play it straight get screwed by the sky high prices created in a rigged economy. The AD farmers with leadership armies are exactly the same folks who are complaining about marks being artificially devalued.

Nothing's ever good enough for folks who already have everything, especially when it allows poor folks and new players to get a leg up in a completely neutral way.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    acelandow said:

At least I may finally be able to get beyond Rank 5 Enchantments!!!. I could never afford the Mark of Potency. The only higher ones I have are ones I got from Lockboxes the time I bought Keys.

And I am glad the Leadership Items are back on the gateway. I am still trying to level up Leadership to level 20, which is so hard with the max XP being 240. I was hoping at first that they had only taken the AD from the Gateway Tasks. Sorry to see them go in the game client.

I have 3 toons, all between 62 and 65, none have a high enough GS to go into the Epic Areas.

Not sure what you mean by "could never afford the Mark of Potency". The price of MOP in AH has been less than 5K AD for very long time (the AD store price 25K was basically pointless). You could afford 5K for praying alone. It was 3K DURING 2xRP. It was cheaper not to use P-ward because P-Ward is more expensive than MOP.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Moderator Notice: Some posts as of late have been edited or removed. Remember folks, if you're going to argue or debate something, do so respectfully and discuss the opinion/statement, do not attack the person. Please do not reply to this moderator notice, as doing so is not allowed. Thanks!
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    vortican said:

Nothing's ever good enough for folks who already have everything, especially when it allows poor folks and new players to get a leg up in a completely neutral way.

Only that the poor folks and new players are the ones who'll suffer most since they have to upgrade theirt stuff without benefits of leadership. Don't know if you noticed, but the reduction of upgrading cost is nowhere near to the reduction of AD income, therefore relatively more expensive now.

• Options
    kahfakahfa Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    ulviel said:

vortican said:

Only that the poor folks and new players are the ones who'll suffer most since they have to upgrade theirt stuff without benefits of leadership. Don't know if you noticed, but the reduction of upgrading cost is nowhere near to the reduction of AD income, therefore relatively more expensive now.

that's only for people who actually have leadership farms, most poor folks dont
    Misfits
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Most people upgrading during the double-RP weekend -- including me -- did so with old, inflated AD largely gained from leadership. They wanted you to spend that excess AD on expensive GMoPs.

It did screw over people who spent rl money for zen.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    They had to start somewhere i guess.
  • Options
    fenyxdrayvenfenyxdrayven Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    vortican said:

Boo hoo for whiners who once again try to find a loophole to enrich themselves while the folks who play it straight get screwed by the sky high prices created in a rigged economy. The AD farmers with leadership armies are exactly the same folks who are complaining about marks being artificially devalued.

Yknow, i made a wall of text the first time i typed this out, then thought nah will just invite the trolls to act like complete jackasses. but sod it... happens anyway...

Ask anyone i play with in apostles of war, I have aa lot of time to play due to health reasons, I dont just constantly deposit and deposit and own all r12's etc. I have 8 characters, 1 of them has leadership, and thats only rank 19. I farm a lot, to salvage mostly, to sell or trade artifact drops etc, I enjoy it, even with only 6 dungeons + the skirmishes. I have made all my own dragons hoards to rank 10's and all my enchants to rank 10-12's myself from 5's or 7's... isnt that what were meant to do ?

Yes I know majority of people can only play the game a little, I know I play the game a lot more than the majority, but I have not taken advantage of a leadership army, that doesnt even come into this argument, what I was pissed about was logging in after the announcement and finding i basically lost 6 mil AD on the vaalue of the GMOP's I had held in my bank because I thought and believed they would be a stable value, and are always there for when I want to upgrade my enchants or artifacts during double RP events...
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    When one sees the Leadership AD nerfs, one should automatically consider all the price of AD sinks will be decreased.

One could not see (at least I could not see) is ...... PWE actually does it this quick for one sink. I would expect months before they pull that trigger for one sink (based on previous experience). On the other hand, the speedy action should be contributed by our "collective effort" for hoarding AD, less NWO activities, etc.

When Leadership AD nerfs was announced, people dump Zen because they knew AD will be strong.
    For the GMoP holders (as using it as a currency), they should know better. They should dump GMoP and hold AD at that time. It is like when VIP was announced, they knew GMoP price would be dropped.

If you are GMoP consumer (like I bought 17 GMoP during 2xRP), I consumed them and have to swallow that.
    If you have just bought GMoP as a consumer, you still have a chance to sell it (unload that to the next victim). You should consider lucky (because you have that chance) comparing with those who consumed them a week ago.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    jcharais01jcharais01 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Thanks for making the change on the GMoPs. This will effect the majority of player in a positive way. My main is currently in full rank 8s but now I see the light of day in the possibility of him having him in all rank 10s. I really appreciate the path you have created so I am able to continue to upgrade my main character.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Because Underdark is coming, so they try to get rid of some bots/too rich players to make this module enjoyable by everyone.

This must be the joke of the day.
    Thank you.
    Why don't you pay Neverdeath Graveyard a visit, and tell that to the botters running over 2k Ghost Stories instances at the time?

And at the CMs, what about the suggestion to add Stronghold Vouchers to Leadership? Or will this suggestion be ignored, since something like that would cut into the sales of Stronghold Boxes from the ZEN shop?
    Or can we get at least some reward improvements in the longer tasks of Leadership?
    The majoritiy of the rAD from it is gone now, fine, go ahead and remove the rest rAD from rare tasks too.
    Then bring the profession at least in some order with some proper rewards for the time and money many of us invested into it.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    johnjohniiijohnjohniii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 108 Arc User
    Do we have any kind of date yet?
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Do we have any kind of date yet?

http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1204557/strongholds-preview-patch-notes-nw-50-20150819a-7#latest

It's on preview already so next maintenance?

Kind of funny seeing all the GMoPs on the AH for 80k when the price changes have to be coming pretty soon.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Depending on the number of GMOPS vs SMOPs required, it can be beneficial to buy and use 80k GMOPs as opposed to waiting and using 100k SMOPs?
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Depending on the number of GMOPS vs SMOPs required, it can be beneficial to buy and use 80k GMOPs as opposed to waiting and using 100k SMOPs?

Hmmm! SMOP will be 85K in AH once it is available because VIP 12ers will pay 75K AD to get one.

If you need to upgrade 11->12 and don't have VIP 12 and the GMoP price drops below 68K each, it makes sense to buy and upgrade now before the changes kicks in.

If you have VIP 12, the GMoP needs to be below 60K each to be ahead.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    I can't wait to hear the new changes we have been promised, specially if they have to do with ways to earn AD while soloing. :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I'm not sure that the answer they come up with will be satisfactory, but it does sound like they're planning on doing something that will allow those of us who don't want to deal with "the queue" to get AD.

Truth be told, leadership changes aside, I'm back into "waiting for the next module" mode.

Strongholds wasn't able to keep my attention. So, while it'd be nice to have solo ways of getting AD, it likely won't affect my playtime much either way.
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I know it's not as simple as I'm about to say, but if you take what they say as gospel (who would be that dumb given their propensity towards deceit so far?) What have they done in effect?

They claim they are dropping the prices on stuff to be more in line with the new earning curve of AD. Since the new earning curve is going to be lower and prices lower, isn't what they are doing something like taking a $100 and lopping off a 0? they are "revaluing" the currency.

So a loaf of bread costed you in the old economy $100, and you got paid $100 a hr. The currency revaluation makes your boss pay you $10 of new currency and the new loaf of bread is $10. Were did you or the suppliers come out ahead? Its like a 0 got lopped off but other than that what changed?

Yes I know I'm over simplifying, but given what they have promised, less AD earning, less prices..isn't that sort of what they have promised? But then they never quite deliver on their promises do they?

There was a time in the U.S. when currencies were backed by gold or silver (not like backed by a promise like it is now). The bills actually said on them that you could exchange then for a set amount of gold or silver. This made the paper money have a finite amount of what they could just go and print, the gold and silver had intensic values, if they over printed money, people would gobble up the gold and silver because it was more stable, and the government would have to honor the exchange, soon running out of precious metals.

So the government made it illegal to hold more than a minimal amount of precious metals, then revalued the old currency at a 3 to 1 ratio. They set a time frame for people to trade in the old "silver" notes 3 for 1 "green back" note. If you didn't trade them in you were left with a hand full of silver note worth nothing but paper. When you traded in for the green back, the notes no longer allowed you to demand precious metal in exchange. This allows the government to print lots of "funny money" unsecured by anything, allowing them to manipulate it however they wish unchecked.

In this instance, the GMOPS and keys were the gold and silver that people backed up their AD unsecured currency with. With what they are doing. dropping the prices etc. and changing the AD generation rates, they are instituting a currency re-evaluation. The "new" AD will be like our current paper money, it's backed up with nothing but a promise, making it far easier to manipulate in the future.
  • Options
    darkdraykendarkdrayken Member Posts: 43 Arc User

Editted out a few choice words in the title and post. I understand the frustration, but let's be more careful in our choice of language, especially in our titles

Wrong thread?

This discussion has been closed.