test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Marks of Potency Pricing Changes

Comments

• reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    I can't wait to hear the new changes we have been promised, specially if they have to do with ways to earn AD while soloing. :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I'm not sure that the answer they come up with will be satisfactory, but it does sound like they're planning on doing something that will allow those of us who don't want to deal with "the queue" to get AD.

Truth be told, leadership changes aside, I'm back into "waiting for the next module" mode.

Strongholds wasn't able to keep my attention. So, while it'd be nice to have solo ways of getting AD, it likely won't affect my playtime much either way.
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I know it's not as simple as I'm about to say, but if you take what they say as gospel (who would be that dumb given their propensity towards deceit so far?) What have they done in effect?

They claim they are dropping the prices on stuff to be more in line with the new earning curve of AD. Since the new earning curve is going to be lower and prices lower, isn't what they are doing something like taking a $100 and lopping off a 0? they are "revaluing" the currency.

So a loaf of bread costed you in the old economy $100, and you got paid $100 a hr. The currency revaluation makes your boss pay you $10 of new currency and the new loaf of bread is $10. Were did you or the suppliers come out ahead? Its like a 0 got lopped off but other than that what changed?

Yes I know I'm over simplifying, but given what they have promised, less AD earning, less prices..isn't that sort of what they have promised? But then they never quite deliver on their promises do they?

There was a time in the U.S. when currencies were backed by gold or silver (not like backed by a promise like it is now). The bills actually said on them that you could exchange then for a set amount of gold or silver. This made the paper money have a finite amount of what they could just go and print, the gold and silver had intensic values, if they over printed money, people would gobble up the gold and silver because it was more stable, and the government would have to honor the exchange, soon running out of precious metals.

So the government made it illegal to hold more than a minimal amount of precious metals, then revalued the old currency at a 3 to 1 ratio. They set a time frame for people to trade in the old "silver" notes 3 for 1 "green back" note. If you didn't trade them in you were left with a hand full of silver note worth nothing but paper. When you traded in for the green back, the notes no longer allowed you to demand precious metal in exchange. This allows the government to print lots of "funny money" unsecured by anything, allowing them to manipulate it however they wish unchecked.

In this instance, the GMOPS and keys were the gold and silver that people backed up their AD unsecured currency with. With what they are doing. dropping the prices etc. and changing the AD generation rates, they are instituting a currency re-evaluation. The "new" AD will be like our current paper money, it's backed up with nothing but a promise, making it far easier to manipulate in the future.
  • darkdraykendarkdrayken Member Posts: 43 Arc User

Editted out a few choice words in the title and post. I understand the frustration, but let's be more careful in our choice of language, especially in our titles

Wrong thread?

mattsacre said:

I know it's not as simple as I'm about to say, but if you take what they say as gospel (who would be that dumb given their propensity towards deceit so far?) What have they done in effect?

They claim they are dropping the prices on stuff to be more in line with the new earning curve of AD. Since the new earning curve is going to be lower and prices lower, isn't what they are doing something like taking a $100 and lopping off a 0? they are "revaluing" the currency.

So a loaf of bread costed you in the old economy $100, and you got paid $100 a hr. The currency revaluation makes your boss pay you $10 of new currency and the new loaf of bread is $10. Were did you or the suppliers come out ahead? Its like a 0 got lopped off but other than that what changed?

Yes I know I'm over simplifying, but given what they have promised, less AD earning, less prices..isn't that sort of what they have promised? But then they never quite deliver on their promises do they?

There was a time in the U.S. when currencies were backed by gold or silver (not like backed by a promise like it is now). The bills actually said on them that you could exchange then for a set amount of gold or silver. This made the paper money have a finite amount of what they could just go and print, the gold and silver had intensic values, if they over printed money, people would gobble up the gold and silver because it was more stable, and the government would have to honor the exchange, soon running out of precious metals.

So the government made it illegal to hold more than a minimal amount of precious metals, then revalued the old currency at a 3 to 1 ratio. They set a time frame for people to trade in the old "silver" notes 3 for 1 "green back" note. If you didn't trade them in you were left with a hand full of silver note worth nothing but paper. When you traded in for the green back, the notes no longer allowed you to demand precious metal in exchange. This allows the government to print lots of "funny money" unsecured by anything, allowing them to manipulate it however they wish unchecked.

In this instance, the GMOPS and keys were the gold and silver that people backed up their AD unsecured currency with. With what they are doing. dropping the prices etc. and changing the AD generation rates, they are instituting a currency re-evaluation. The "new" AD will be like our current paper money, it's backed up with nothing but a promise, making it far easier to manipulate in the future.

Oh good, a gold-bug lecture. Let's try to avoid bringing RL economic politics into this discussion :P
  • vangiggsyvangiggsy Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Unless I missed it is there any update on WHEN this is being implemented?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,353 Arc User
    vangiggsy said:

Since it is already in preview server, one can speculate this Thursday but I don't think there is an official announcement.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • gohibniugohibniu Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    ulviel said:

I hope it is just beginning and more changing in this direction are comming soon, otherwise it's more like throwing a bone to make players shut up

Inventing new marks was unnecessary. Tbh I suspect it's a smokescreen to obscure the fact they didn't in fact reduce costs as much as needed. But maybe I am wrong and they ideed are doing something right this time.

So 25k for a gmp, earn about 500/day, so about 50 days to get one mark, need 2 marks , so thats 100 days! then only a 20% chance of success so 5 x 100 = 500 days to upgrade one gem.

Ridiculous. Not coming back until they reimburse me the about 50 million AD I had invested in Leadership.
  • okeepheokeephe Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    I need over 40 GMoPS right now, guess what, not going to bother.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    gohibniu said:

So 25k for a gmp, earn about 500/day, so about 50 days to get one mark, need 2 marks , so thats 100 days! then only a 20% chance of success so 5 x 100 = 500 days to upgrade one gem.

Ridiculous. Not coming back until they reimburse me the about 50 million AD I had invested in Leadership.

So you could invest 50 million AD in leadership, but you don't know how to use a preservation ward, or how to invoke more than once a day, much less spend 10 minutes running a 3-man dungeon?

I don't think the leadership changes are your real problem.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

vangiggsy said:

Since it is already in preview server, one can speculate this Thursday but I don't think there is an official announcement.
    It's in the Preview patch notes for Thursday, so unless they find an issue with it (can you imagine the uproar if they delay this???), then yes - Thursday's patch this week.

gohibniu said:

So you could invest 50 million AD in leadership, but you don't know how to use a preservation ward, or how to invoke more than once a day, much less spend 10 minutes running a 3-man dungeon?

I don't think the leadership changes are your real problem.
    Not to mention, earn 500 AD a day? I earn more than that and I do literally nothing BUT invoking.
    okeephe said:

Can't afford 1 million AD to upgrade 4 artifacts to mythic? It's only 41 days of max refining, or 123 days at 1/3 max refining. That's 4 months.

The real problem is that, while getting to BiS for any one particular thing (artifacts, artifact equip, enchants) isn't too ridiculous (post price drop), getting to BiS for every particular thing is.

Imagine if you earned 3 currencies concurrently; getting to BiS with any given category (Enchant, Artifact, Artifact Equipment) takes twice as long as getting there now does, but you could do all three simultaneously. I think that would be reasonable; people make final progress, they don't get there too arbitrarily soon, but they're not always infinitely far away.

For whatever it's worth, I've only got one character, and I'm still not BiS, despite being an open beta player!
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2015

okeephe said:

Can't afford 1 million AD to upgrade 4 artifacts to mythic? It's only 41 days of max refining, or 123 days at 1/3 max refining. That's 4 months.

The real problem is that, while getting to BiS for any one particular thing (artifacts, artifact equip, enchants) isn't too ridiculous (post price drop), getting to BiS for every particular thing is.

Imagine if you earned 3 currencies concurrently; getting to BiS with any given category (Enchant, Artifact, Artifact Equipment) takes twice as long as getting there now does, but you could do all three simultaneously. I think that would be reasonable; people make final progress, they don't get there too arbitrarily soon, but they're not always infinitely far away.

For whatever it's worth, I've only got one character, and I'm still not BiS, despite being an open beta player!
    take your salvage. move it to secondary char, refine. move refined ad back to main. problem solved. 2 dungeons and 2 skirmishes get me over 24k a day in salvage. takes about an hour. my biggest issue with the new ad is lower lvls cant make enough to keep up with gear demands. or have some saved to upgrade gear when they hit 70.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    dufisto said:

2 dungeons and 2 skirmishes get me over 24k a day in salvage. takes about an hour.

Which two dungeons and two skirmishes you can get done in one hour?

• mark88arsitekmark88arsitek Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    hmm.. hehehehe
    there is only 1 good old fashion solution:
    " BUY Zen and then convert it to AD "
    boommm. you rich !
    heheheheheh.
    you can do that !.. just need to cut little of your real life expenses =)
    let say, everyweek your dinner cost u 100 usd. then just cut it to 90 usd and 10usd you use it to buy zen =) per month =)
    or you save 0,5 usd per day =) and by the end of the month , you buy zen =)

Like this you can save a lot of your valuable time for quality real life experience, instead wasting hours in repeatable boring same dungeon or skirmish
  • seventhpillarseventhpillar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User

hmm.. hehehehe
    there is only 1 good old fashion solution:
    " BUY Zen and then convert it to AD "
    boommm. you rich !
    heheheheheh.
    you can do that !.. just need to cut little of your real life expenses =)
    let say, everyweek your dinner cost u 100 usd. then just cut it to 90 usd and 10usd you use it to buy zen =) per month =)
    or you save 0,5 usd per day =) and by the end of the month , you buy zen =)

Like this you can save a lot of your valuable time for quality real life experience, instead wasting hours in repeatable boring same dungeon or skirmish

Dev, is that you hiding in that account? Lawl.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Why, or rather what should i spend money on at this time?
    Any equipment/enchantment upgrades might either become obsolete in a future update, or might get nerfed into the ground.

There were only 4 items left in the ZEN shop worth buying, but with the latest updates...
    - you only have use for one mount, and that's it
    - same goes for the Inscribed Garments
    - lockbox keys are pretty much worthless
    - character slots, why spend money on those right now? you can't even earn enough AD to upgrade a single character to a usefull state, without grinding something for several hours over months

The "epic" packs are even with a 15% discount coupon way overpriced, and the class packs turned out to be a joke... the equipment from class packs don't even level with you to 70 or at least 60.

I still have over 300 days of ViP left, Dragonborn Legend Pack, Knights of the Feywild Pack, Oathbound Paladin Pack...
    So i might add the Guardian of Neverwinter to my collection, when it goes on sale again...
    But then what?

And i dare to say, many other players are in the same position right now, we supported NWO only to get hit by changes that make no sense...

If the Devs come around and start adding real improvements to the game on a regular basis, with weekly bug fixes, we might have something to talk about.

Until then, i rather spend my money on a good dinner and a movie...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • bauldersgate1bauldersgate1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    From: Feedback Needed: Top Issues Currently in Neverwinter PC

regenerde quote: 1) Please remove all valuable rewards from professions, to fight botte: ::: rs.

You got your wish they removed AD from leadership the most valuable reward... cheers.
    edited September 2015
    You might want to cheer for @matissz
    http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/post/quote/1194402/Comment_12704513
    and then may be realise, that my quote was a sarcastic reply to this.

But hey, the Devs might still pick this [censored] up and run with it, but at the same time ignore any other reasonable feedback...
    Want to know why?
  • novakk1novakk1 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    dont spend money in this game tomorrow your HAMSTER will be useless !
  • hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 108 Arc User

Inventing new marks was unnecessary. Tbh I suspect it's a smokescreen to obscure the fact they didn't in fact reduce costs as much as needed. But maybe I am wrong and they ideed are doing something right this time.

So you mean to tell every one here you are unable to make more then 500 AD a day!! How do you even play this game? One handed? Blindfolded? What? I went on 2 epic Dung. runs and an epic scherm. and pulled in 26000 AD in salvege!! That was after 2 hours. What is it with all of you? You come on here and post this BS numbers and make demands for something YOU DID NOT EARN!!!!! AD was and is ment to be EARNED!!! Not exploited so you can brag and "say" you have this toon you "worked" so hard to make great. How? By pushing a button at bed time and wakeing up with millons? And invested? How? Did you buy it with Zen you used real money for? If no then you have nothing to but be quiet! If you did spend 500$ US or whatever to cheat? Someone needs to teach you how to handel your cash better.
  • cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    I just read a post that asked if they wanted cash or players... urr cash obviously... they are not making this game out of the goodness of their hearts. Players come and go in this game... I've been playing since beta and seen it all. Devs gotta eat too. It's insane to think otherwise.
  • sonowinsonowin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    teatew said:

So, any ideas yet on how solo players can generate AD? The new prices are nice, but if a players generation rate is zero, any price is meaningless.

You could do what I did before I become a paying customer, run blacklake skrishmish during the skrishish time and get the AD (not sure if theres any anymore in the chest during the skrishmish time since I stopped playing after I got robbed). I only log in now to claim my vip enchantment key and log out.

But I made many millions of AD doing that blacklake skrishmish, I start at level 5 (don't do any quests/exp other than black lake) finish at level 13, transfer all AD to zen market (same account), cancel trade on another character, claim AD back, delete the level 13 guy and re-create :) did that at least 1,000 times with my 13 character slots on my one account. I got so good at it, I could clear the skrishmish solo in 1min and 47seconds if no one clicked a barrel (clicking barrels adds an extra 30 to 40secods per barrel bunch clicked).
    blacklake skirmish only gives 50 ad per run which is why no one is doing them anymore. All of the skirmishes all scaled to level and even if you did nothing but the skirmishes it still is not enough for newer players to make the AD they need to compete with other level 70s when they hit 70. Their IL will be to low for groups to let them into epic dungeon groups.
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User

I just read a post that asked if they wanted cash or players... urr cash obviously... they are not making this game out of the goodness of their hearts. Players come and go in this game... I've been playing since beta and seen it all. Devs gotta eat too. It's insane to think otherwise.

however more players paying less for things tends to give more money. if pet upgrade kits werent $14 each, and require 5 to get a pet from blue to orange. i might just buy a couple. i already have a purple mount. why would i want to spend $30 for a cosmetic change. im sure other folks feel the same.

and bring back the dang dungeons.
  • jcharais01jcharais01 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2015

So you mean to tell every one here you are unable to make more then 500 AD a day!! How do you even play this game? One handed? Blindfolded? What? I went on 2 epic Dung. runs and an epic scherm. and pulled in 26000 AD in salvege!! That was after 2 hours. What is it with all of you? You come on here and post this BS numbers and make demands for something YOU DID NOT EARN!!!!! AD was and is ment to be EARNED!!! Not exploited so you can brag and "say" you have this toon you "worked" so hard to make great. How? By pushing a button at bed time and wakeing up with millons? And invested? How? Did you buy it with Zen you used real money for? If no then you have nothing to but be quiet! If you did spend 500$ US or whatever to cheat? Someone needs to teach you how to handel your cash better.

You are speaking non-sense. 2 normal dungeons are around 6K (30 minutes), 2 skirmishes are around 4k (20 minutes). Less than 1 hour you can make 10k per character. With 3 characters you get around 30k which will be more than 1 GMoP in a day for 2.5 hours of play and that doesn't count invoking. This is better than I was doing with 11 characters doing leadership. I still wasn't up to 1 GMoP per day and I had been leveling my leadership for 2-6 months depending on which character you were talking about. With only 1 level 20 leadership character the rest were level 14-18, I was up to 70k per day.
  • coldlyforgottencoldlyforgotten Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    goatshark said:

As a reminder, we are currently investigating AD sources for players who don't want to run queued content.

So instead of fighting botters you are about to investigate and possibly ban accounts or delete astral diamonds gained by honest players who prefer to trade?

goatshark said:

As a reminder, we are currently investigYes they are coming for you! Hide your ill-ADating AD sources for players who don't want to run queued content.

So instead of fighting botters you are about to investigate and possibly ban accounts or delete astral diamonds gained by honest players who prefer to trade?
    Whats with all the noobs here lately? In the forum and the game. First someone thinks we can earn only 500AD a day. Now someone thinks there is an NWN police going after people.

Earlier in eLoL at the scorpion fight, some noob died and was surprised when he discovered he could not get back in the fight. He said "that" better be fixed soon. LOL. I high-tailed out of there quickly.
    edited September 2015
    The removal of rAD was brutal and quick...
    Funny how the Devs now want to take time to "investigate" and "plan" changes, that would actual improve the game again for players.
    If you haven't noticed, the game is losing players faster then ever. You might want to pick up the pace, before Neverdeath Graveyard will be the only zone left with some "players" in it.

About running dungeons and skirmishes, right now, you can not even get 5 players together for some skirmish run anymore... any Devs would like to step forward and fill those empty slots, so that we can actually make those runs to get rAD/seals?
    Want to know why?
    edited September 2015
    regenerde said:

About running dungeons and skirmishes, right now, you can not even get 5 players together for some skirmish run anymore... any Devs would like to step forward and fill those empty slots, so that we can actually make those runs to get rAD/seals?

The queue seems barren lately. I have tank, heal, and dps toons. I usually try queuing all my toons thinking the queue should pop immediately for one of them. But sadly I still end up waiting in the queue.
This discussion has been closed.