test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Marks of Potency Pricing Changes

Comments

• lorddemonragelorddemonrage Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    goatshark said:

With the recent changes to the AD economy, we are going to be reducing the cost on a few items in the Wondrous Bazaar, and adding a new item.

• Marks of Potency will be reduced from 25k AD to 6k AD
    • Greater Marks of Potency will be reduced from 100k AD to 25k AD
    • *NEW* Superior Marks of Potency will be priced at 100k AD
    In addition, we are changing some of the upgrade requirements on higher end Enchantments and Runestones. Weapon and Armor Enhancement gems will not be changed at this time.
    • Going from Rank 10->11 will now cost 2 Superior Marks of Potency, instead of 5 Greater Marks of Potency
    • Going from Rank 11->12 will now cost 4 Superior Marks of Potency, instead of 5 Greater Marks of Potency
    We are reviewing all of the locations Greater Marks of Potency drop/reward in the game, and are swapping those for Superior Marks where appropriate.

These changes will be going live very soon. Once they’re live and we can monitor performance for a bit, we will re-evaluate and see if further changes are necessary. As an FYI, we are continuing to monitor ALL Astral Diamond costs/performance/etc. as we work to balance this economy. Thank you for your patience.

Scott Shicoff
    Lead Designer
    I'd be enthusiastic about this, had it not been for scotts post about the initial changes to dungeon runs and skirmishes and pvp, the rewards and the amounts of said rewards being different on live rather than what was posted.

I'll believe when i see it, i'll be enthusiastic about it when i believe it.

for me its just log on, grab me enchanted "key" and log off. log into better game
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i am hoping devs learn from pass mistakes and set up new set of Tier 5 Superior marks to be BoA/or not.

remember that we had 20 lvl cap on professions, there was few available ADs that we can get, it not that much until new 5 level caps raised, then we get explosive amount of ADs as we leveled them. that where it went wrong.

anyway, some are still holding back and avoiding cash-sinks while they invested in other sources and resells.

devs need to adjust some to bind to account/characters, and base on what items which could be very popular selling items. otherwise, there wouldnt be any economy.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    This is an excellent start. I would have preferred some earlier communication, but better late than never.

I'd definitely like to see a change that rewards AD for performing solo content. A lot of us (myself included) far prefer solo content over group content.

I'm still deeply concerned about the cost of going from R11 to R12: at 400k the raw cost is technically lower, but in light of a much smaller ability to earn AD, it's actually vastly higher than it was prior to the leadership change. With this in mind, I think it's vital that our ability to earn non-bottable AD be vastly improved. That would "make us whole" as the saying goes.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    hustin1 said:

This is an excellent start. I would have preferred some earlier communication, but better late than never.

I'd definitely like to see a change that rewards AD for performing solo content. A lot of us (myself included) far prefer solo content over group content.

There was earlier communication
  • solerrosolerro Member Posts: 46 Arc User

solerro said:

urabask said:

this is a lot more generous of a decrease in costs than I was expecting. Now they just need to work on Companion upgrade costs, armor kits, and Cube of Augmentation.

Depending on how they handle artifacts you could see a pretty generous decrease there too. At the very least getting your artifacts to epic is pretty damn easy.

^^

All this. Bag of chips optional. :)

Edit addition:

Agree with followup statement as well. If you have all rank 10 enchants, anything past that is utterly for bragging rights. If you have a gear score of 2.5k or higher, nothing should be giving you a seriously hard time with decent players.
    What about us Solo gamers.... My main has a 2.7K Gear Score, and a Legendary Angel Companion (With a Base +37 of her States transferred to my Prime, up to +62% if I get Companions Gift to Activate) which are not counted in my GS. I still routinely get my butt handed to me in Dragon Well.

I would say your build isn't solo friendly then? That or you're playing a SW... in which case I sympathize.

I seem to solo fine on all my characters highest gear score on one is 2.5 and soloing is a cake walk, I sneeze and things die.

My other toons are between 2.1 and 2.3. Even on my damn SW, I get by with a combat medic, its slower and takes more work but I can still do it.
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    You definitely need to fix the current setup a little. I'm noticing a dramatic shift away from doing campaigns and working on stronghold because the only way to make AD is to do dungeon runs. Have heroic encounters drop AD or something much the same way influence is awarded. Change the AD costs on all campaigns to AD rewards.
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    It's nice to see another piece of the puzzle being held over the board, but I still find massive fault for the way this was handled. The economy had been the way it was for a VERY long time, waiting until you had a clear cut plan for what was to be done would have helped a great deal and perhaps prevented so many from leaving the game and never seeing any of your consequent steps. I guess you are new at this and as we all n00bies make mistakes, in your case of EPIC proportions.

The game may recover eventually but will never be the same. For the sake of the players who are staying on I do hope you have a lot more to add to your proposed changes and they are ready to go on Thursday. As for me I will stay on the sidelines and see how this all works out as there is just nothing to draw me back at this point (giving us back a few dungeons with sellable loot would be a good start if you are looking for ideas).
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015
    morenthar said:

Yeah, it should have been handled in one package of changes.

If you think about that you will realize it is really a bad idea to do so.
    While fundamental processes of economies are basic concepts anybody should be able to grasp and use to make predictions it is near impossible to predict the results with any absolute certainty.

People typically complain Cryptic makes big changes all at once instead of fine tuning as they go and I have come to agree with those complaints particularly in regards to class balancing. Look at the way they cause a character balance upset after every single module because they do everything all at once instead of little by little week by week. Every new module results in a new meta in which last module's flavor often becomes underpowered and last module's dud becomes the new powerhouse.

This time they did the right thing by removing AD from leadership with the explicit statement that they WILL be changing things in the future (they already planned to make further changes with or without complaints) in order to fine tune the system by adding features little by little rather than overcompensating back and forth.
    sabre10 said:

Morenthar, you pretty much echo my thoughts on this.
    This is a good start, but if they want to maintain the good feeling they picked up with these changes, they'll need to keep up with the communication.
    Nothing worse that a community kept in the dark

As I said before communication can only be done if it goes both ways. If you all remain open and respectful then communication is easy. When people twists words or try to pick fights whenever a statement is made then communication shuts down.

EDIT - Removed the accidental bolding of the text
  • praxaxepraxaxe Member Posts: 27 Arc User

praxaxe said:

Rank 11 to 12 was 375,000 AD - the cost of 5 gmops for me at rank 12 VIP...now i need 4 smops at a cost of 400k....wtf...almost all my gems are rank 11 so i won't even benefit from the cheaper lower rank gem upgrades....VIP must apply to smops to at least make it the same price instead of more,

You gave VIP discount to the GMoP price but do not give VIP discount to SMOP price.
    4 SMOP with VIP 12 is 300K.
    The VIP discount applies to the AD store and not an individual item.
    Hopefully that is true but at 24k per day this still takes over 12 straight days of maxing out to upgrade 1 piece of gear 1 level. Apply this to the dozens of items i must upgrade and the math becomes ridiculous. This fix is a step in the right direction but it doesn't solve the problem of making this extremely elaborate rpg game playable.
    kitkathd said:

You definitely need to fix the current setup a little. I'm noticing a dramatic shift away from doing campaigns and working on stronghold because the only way to make AD is to do dungeon runs. Have heroic encounters drop AD or something much the same way influence is awarded. Change the AD costs on all campaigns to AD rewards.

That was the best feedback I saw in the original thread and was forwarded right away. I absolutely agree that right now with the limited means of earning AD there is certainly a divide caused between earning AD or doing campaign/stronghold missions.

Changes are still not finalized, as Scott said, and they will continue to add sources of AD revenue but as of right now they are not ready to disclose any plans to have players earn AD for working on their campaigns or strongholds. :)
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    I really really hope we will be able to earm ad while soloing too. And while playing foubdry quests
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    reiwulf said:

I really really hope we will be able to earm ad...while playing foubdry quests

That feedback was relayed before the first player post was up. In other words the community team agrees completely. The difficulty is in getting the developers to figure out a way to balance it and prevent exploitative behavior which is far easier said than done. Keep your fingers crossed.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Just when I loose all faith you listen to one of the comunities concerns. Thank you this is really apreciated
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• shaniazronokshaniazronok Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Nice !!!

• d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    What happened to the epic 70+ pages of feedback from the original announcement? I realize it was full of massive amounts of negativity, but there was very useful feedback in there as well. Was it really wise to sweep the whole thing under the rug and pretend there wasn't a massive player revolt WRT to the way these changes were handled? Shady business from my point of view.
    The other thread is still around and was not swept under the rug.
    Ambis, that sound reasonable, when we had 20 lvl cap on professions, it wasnt that bad, it was little less before new 5 level cap raised, then it went overboard once many reach 25 lvl cap made inflation out of control.
    it would had caught this during Mod6 released and it was messy when the new team replacing, and damage control was too late.
    i am glad to know they are aware of problems with prices of marks, wards, and few hard to get items, and amounts needed for companions, strongholds, and cost of refinings. Some newer players need to get nice upgrades during 1-60 level adventure zones.
    i hope they get time to redo the boons for alts, it is pretty hard and they become AD alt farmers, because they are too weak to survive 70 lvl without boons.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Why can't we make some kind of a compromise? If Leadership had a task that allowed you to Refine more than 24k ad a day limit? Kind of like the Black Ice forge as far as refining x? That way you'd still have to earn the unrefined AD but you're not totally out with having leadership leveled to max?
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

edited September 2015
    I have to disagree with you there wylonus. :(

We've been sitting at max Zen Exchange for well over a year and far closer to two years. While the increase to professions didn't help Leadership has been a growing problem since day one.

And as I have tried to explain, the amount of AD entering the game due to leadership farms could not be combatted with reasonable AD sinks. They would have had to make everything cost so much AD that people who did not spend large amounts of time working on leadership have no chance of succeeding which really isn't right. Hence why they are making these changes with the intention of rewarding actual gameplay.

Leadership is not a new problem. It has been an ever growing problem.
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    so when can we expect the mount upgrades and companion upgrades to be adjusted in line with the new AD standard.

2.4 million to upgrade a pet from white to orange is a bit much, dontcha think?
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    so the message from cryptic is pretty clean

the way to advanced characters to be comfortable (to able to farm) at PVE can be easy or reasonable (depends)
    the way to not be completely destroyed at PVP and be competitive in most cases is too relatively easy

but the way to be BIS without spending dollars would be impossible unless you already leadershiped your toons to BIS or sit on many millions of AD

not completely happy with it, but its still more than i expected. Even if Cryptic bring more ways to acquire AD, i still dont see a possible way for new player to be BIS in the future
    that okay, i dont bother with zen/ADs market, so i am still unaware what kind of mess, i just go play a game and have fun, or tried hard, it is frustrating since mod 6, i didnt play much as "on/off" until late April that when i became serious full time NW player, gave up trying to get my first black ice gauntlet from encounter for over 6-7 weeks and got burn-out, but came back few weeks before mod 6.
    i am still learning alot from my guildmates, doing best i can do.
    ADs change didnt effect me that much but i wish i had earn alot if i wasnt burnout few months ago, only the difficulties from those mobs are the most effected bad experiences for me compared to easy pre-mod6.
    edited September 2015
    dufisto said:

so when can we expect the mount upgrades and companion upgrades to be adjusted in line with the new AD standard.

2.4 million to upgrade a pet from white to orange is a bit much, dontcha think?

Don't remind me. That's my song that doesn't end. I really hate how utterly nonsensical that pricing scheme is.

You can pay $25 for an account Wide Tier 3 mount...
    Or you can pay $40 for a single mount on a single character to be upgraded to Tier 3...

Hard choice? right? *bashes head into desk*
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    You should look at reinforcemet kits and trasmute costs
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    + Stronghold Vouchers from Leadership tasks.
    + rAD from campaign quests.
    + adjusting or may be even removing all those insane AD sinks.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • twoheadedpuigtwoheadedpuig Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    This is one positive step in the right direction. While it's obviously not enough, at least it looks like you guys are trying. Kudos for that.

You could have prevented a lot of grief for everyone, yourselves included, by thinking ahead a little bit and showing some respect to your playerbase before yanking their main source of income. The way these major changes to the game have been handled still deserves a failing grade.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User

This is VERY healthy sign. But like many are stating, much, much more needs doing.

+1

Definitely not an Arc User.
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Good job. Keep it up.
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    I know lots player had save stack of GMOPs, is it possible to make the GMOPS or any kind of marks able to upgrade? For example 4 GMOPs = 1 SMOP ?
This discussion has been closed.