What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Graphics Client Crash Issue

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    zxiixzzxiixz Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I played the game for a while in Safe Windowed mode last night. Patched this morning. Played for a bit, again in Safe Windowed mode, logged out... came back a bit later played for about 5-minutes, clicked once outside the game window... screen went black and computer frozen.

I could handle the freezes if they did not force me to reboot my computer every time it happened. But, having to reboot is a real pain in the butt and a waste of time.

I thought safe mode would be safe...

I tried other games I run to ensure its not my system and they are solid. I can run 3 instances of Tera with no problem for example, flipping back and forth - not a hiccup.

NW seems to be unstable. The lockups don't seem to be specific to an action I'm doing in game... totally random. Mid-fight or while just standing there... any zone big or small. Boom.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Is this still happening after this morning's maintenance?
    Yes.
    Any graphic setting above "Low" or even "Mid"/"Medium" will lead at some point to a game freeze while logging from one character to another.

Having no issues in any other MMO with my GPU...
    - Acer Aspire V3 - 772G Notebook
    - GeForce GT 750M
    - 32 GB RAM
    - 2x 1TB SSHD
    - Win 7 pro
    - drivers and Win 7 are up to date

Only logging in for VIP, invoke and profession tasks... and that is at least one freeze per session while logging through my characters.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    childothenightchildothenight Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Thank you..as of today at 4 pm est the new patch I got fixed the crash issue..alltho, I kinda got used to safe mode lol..I knew it wasn't a driver issue on my comp ..I just bought this computer and it was made for games with top end requirements..this game makes my comp yawn ;) (and it worked fine before strongholds came out) so back to killing stuff normally and please next time keep your players more informed, like tell us were working on it or something every few days ..being in the dark kinda sucks.. Im sure some people may still have issues and to them ,I hope you can play soon..The reason I chimed in was to say ..try it now and maybe it will work, it did for me today.
  • Options
    zephyron76zephyron76 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I just wanted to post that after todays patch 8-21-15, I am able to get into NeverWinter PC justfine!!! Thank you Strumslinger for diligently look after our posts and going back and forth between the dev's on the info !!! thank you!!! OMG I am doing "The HAppy Dance" lol ./...... :po:)B)
  • Options
    newtestingdummynewtestingdummy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Is this still happening after this morning's maintenance?

It is still happening, I can not log into Neverwinter since last Mod, I have not been able to play Strongholds, I understand some people is now able to play but I have tried everything you guys have said and it is still imposible for me to get in the game.
  • Options
    dairiuschi3dairiuschi3 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I was able to login today, get everything going- didn't even need Safe Mode* which astounded me. I did all my invocations and professions. I noticed a significant delay when swapping between characters at the 'Retrieving List of Characters' line, and about half the time it'd go to 'Server Unavailable' almost immediately and force me to log back in. This wasn't a huge issue, it increased the overall exchange by about 15 seconds per toon... but as of 10 minutes ago every time I try logging in it just says 'Connecting to Login Server' and eventually times out >_>

EDIT: And now I got in while making this post, but still it took 3 tries and about 10 minutes of time... if this is consistent it will be rather upsetting given the game's already unreliable connectivity at times.

*In fact, when using Safe Mode and trying to make the resolution go Fullscreen and 1920x1080, my mouse cursor couldn't leave an 800x600 box in the top-left corner, making it unplayable.

EDIT2: I don't know if it was just a server hiccup, or something to do with being the first login period after the patch, but after doing dailies on my main and then going for a final invoke cycle I wasn't booted from the server once, or get any connection timeouts. The time it spent 'Retrieving List of Characters' still felt a bit longer than normal, but only by a couple seconds.
    Post edited by dairiuschi3 on
  • Options
    cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    Is this still happening?

Yes. Able to get through invokes at least, although those were iffy crashing.

I have replicated this with the d3d setting, d3dex, and dx11 settings. All graphic settings are at mins.

Tried to do an HE solo - crashed.
    Meleeing several Orc mobs in SH - crash.
    30 seconds of meleeing practice dummies in Trade Of Blades - crash.
    Summon and dismiss mount several times in a row - crash.
    Resize window while in game - crash.
    Multiple crashes on login.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Running game now in safe mode.

I could go through invoking and profession tasks on my characters without a freeze this time, but i'm not breaking out the champagne and cigars... because the game looks like b]censored[/b with those settings now.

What the hell did they break with Strongholds, that the game is now crashing any time i want to play with better then min or low graphic settings?!

Btw. VIP time is ticking away, and you could at least offer a refund for that...
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    magicmyrtlemagicmyrtle Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    YAY! Speaking to you from PE I'm back in. Didn't try yesterday at all but today logged as normal and I'm here just had normal event free innvocation and professions. Off to explore now and see if guildies have got on. Thank you community, devs and mods for keeping at it. Happy adventuring.
  • Options
    dairiuschi3dairiuschi3 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    regenerde wrote: »
    Btw. VIP time is ticking away, and you could at least offer a refund for that...

If you bought VIP obviously you were able to get into the game so... if it was running like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and you had no clear idea when it was going to be fixed, why did you buy it? It'd be one thing if VIP was released the week prior to SH and then a lot of people lost a week+ of gaming due to this, but you chose to get it while the game was still non-functional... I'd say that's on you >_>

I wasn't getting VIP until I could get into the game, because who wants to have an undisclosed amount of that time wasted or at least heavily hampered by graphics or connectivity issues?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I can get into the game, but it's not much fun with testing any possible combination of graphic settings, and then still end up crashing or freezing, while just logging from one character to another.

And here is another fun fact, the moment i created my personal guild and went to the Stronghold area, the crashing started.
    Sure, after two updates it's down to only freezing the game sometimes, but that is still far away from being fully playable again.

And there will be no refund of course, "we" all know that.
    Just take a look at the
    http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1191873/bonus-companions-not-account-wide
    several weeks and nothing new.

Elemental Evil issues, Stronghold issues and coming soon at the end of the year Underdark issues... and not a single believable official apology about this, or some real compensation and saying:
    Hey, thank you for sticking with us through all these issues.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    muppetmuppetmuppetmuppet Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    It turns out you might not be 100% to blame for the fact Neverwinter no longer working. I checked the hardware manufacturer and they don't 100% support Windows 10(64). It did work perfectly for the 2 weeks before stronghold.
    I am looking for a non manufacturer guaranteed driver for it now and if that doesn't work I will probably go back to Windows 7(64) and see if the problems are fixed. I might just give up on Neverwinter though as everything else works fine including Champions where the Cryptic screen loads just as it always has.
  • Options
    kaguzikaguzi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    ok on my 5th day here of not being able to log in, I know this is a "free to play" game but I am losing out on my
    "Devotions coins" free gift from Stronghold, and the x2 refine weekend. When I try to get to options for safe mode
    I get booted when I open the option screen. I have uninstall/reinstall (loss 3 hours of my life there) download all the patches to no avail.
    But yet I can still received all the ads you send my way, also If I can not even log in how are you getting the support error tickets from the fail log in? (Are they not going to the same place) I am in no way a computer/coder/tech expert so maybe that is why I can not think of a reason why this should be a hard fix. In all the other online games I have played I have never encounter a problem like this, I know you (admin) must be tired of all the "why can i not play" post so I will leave you with this one life lesson.
    Remember that girl in high school who broke up with you, by saying "It's not you, it's me"
    Well guess what this time it IS you, It is all you
    Just think if Neverwinter was working for me I would never had to post this

• Options
    cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2015

If you bought VIP obviously you were able to get into the game so... if it was running like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and you had no clear idea when it was going to be fixed, why did you buy it? It'd be one thing if VIP was released the week prior to SH and then a lot of people lost a week+ of gaming due to this, but you chose to get it while the game was still non-functional... I'd say that's on you >_>

I wasn't getting VIP until I could get into the game, because who wants to have an undisclosed amount of that time wasted or at least heavily hampered by graphics or connectivity issues?

Perhaps you should go back and read through the thread.

After upgrading to Win10, most, if not all, of the issues went away for me. I played for hours in SH on test, Live, etc for the first time since the June patch that caused breakage for many. So I was under the impression I could expect the game to be functional post release. I prepurchased $100 in Zen, when SH went live, I bought my VIP 12 month sub, and headed to SH.....only to find the crashes were back with a vengeance.

So before coming in here and handing out judgements, you might want to be fully cognizant of what has been happening. And if you're not going to contribute to solutions, then at least don't poke people with a stick. We're already frustrated enough without SJW's needlessy adding their 2 coppers.
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    Cannot know if client runs any better coz' the server crashed
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    allybell123allybell123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    I want to apologise to any pvp squad I join as client crashes most of the time so sorry for that its out of my control grrrr :'(
  • Options
    rhonesardanrhonesardan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! My ability to play was hanging on a knife's edge with the graphics issue....now everything works! Once again I can enjoy the higher level of images playing at something other than safe more provides. Thanks and a well done!!!
  • Options
    daxylldaxyll Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I was so happy I could finally after a week get into the game without using safe mode, and now SERVER CRASH right at the start of a dragon run! Thanks!
  • Options
    akram2011011akram2011011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Still no working server status is down?????
  • Options
    dreampppdreamppp Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    servers down? estimated time to back?
  • Options
    zxiixzzxiixz Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Something to consider if you are getting graphic issues. The techs always tell people to 'Make sure you have the latest video driver' when people have problems with software. Well... after struggling with graphics crashes all week I reverted my Nvidia graphics drivers back to mid-2014 from the latest driver and (fingers crossed) I was able to play NW for about 3 hours late yesterday evening.

Naturally the severs are down today... sooo if it's not one thing it's another! LOL!!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    The real problem is, the crashes or freezes are just so damn random, you can't even pinpoint the cause of the last crash/freeze.
    In one game session, no problems at all, i could log from one character to another without any issues...
    Then in another game session, the game freezes several time, while loging from one character to another again.
    Same day, nothing changed in the setting or anywhere else.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    The real problem is, the crashes or freezes are just so damn random, you can't even pinpoint the cause of the last crash/freeze.
    In one game session, no problems at all, i could log from one character to another without any issues...
    Then in another game session, the game freezes several time, while loging from one character to another again.
    Same day, nothing changed in the setting or anywhere else.
    Depending on the crash reports, when it's so "random" like that, that usually means it is not the program at hand. If such happened to me, I'd be checking my hard drives, drivers, ram, other computer software, and the like. What you're describing here sounds like what one would see when there are bad sectors on a Hard Drive and the crashing program(s) data are located in those bad sectors.

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Closing this thread up now as the Client Crash Issue this thread was for has been taken care of and it is now being used to post about other issues. Instead, please check the Game Support Forums for existing threads on other issues, or create one there-in, in the appropriate forum. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.