What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Graphics Client Crash Issue

Comments

• Options
    dreampppdreamppp Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    graphic Driver still broken :(
    any ideia whem they will fix that? already 2 days w/o able to log or even pass white screen after graphic driver crash.
  • Options
    thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Still broken for me too.

I dunno if they CAN know when it will be fixed. I do hope that a large portion of their resources is being put into fixing it though.
  • Options
    pmcapmca Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    hello, I tried all methods clearly is not working and is not a problem to me my PC is ok.
  • Options
    coolian106coolian106 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I've been playing this less and less lately. The life steal nerf mostly destroyed my main character, then a glitch that won't allow me to level up anymore and the fact that i refusr to spend money to fix a technical problem that is not of my creation, now it won't start up at all. It is becoming just not worth it to jump through all these hoops to try and fix a game I was close to abandoning anyway. Maybe I'll comeback in a month or so and see if it's fixed... maybe.
  • Options
    pmca wrote: »
    hello, I tried all methods clearly is not working and is not a problem to me my PC is ok.
    me too before this stronghold update i was able to play; but after that i cannot :/ i can only acess gateway by browser and try to do something to my mercenary :/
  • Options
    kate932015kate932015 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Game still busted after maintaince today, this is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> can we have a timeline to when we will be able to get on.
  • Options
    perry3018perry3018 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same problem as yesterday. Patch did nothing. Getting stuck on 'Neverwinter' screen loading. Can not get to character selection screen. Fixes do not work. 8-13-15, 3:32pm EST. getting ticked off
  • Options
    lady808lady808 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    " I'm having issues with my launcher crashing. Then when I re-start it, it gets as far as the "Patching" message, and then stays stuck there. The "Cancel" button is highlighted, but when clicked on, doesn't work. I've tried a few of those "workarounds" that were posted concerning the issue other people were having, but, to be honest, the issues they're having don't sound the same as mine. They can at least get past that part of the launcher. That and none of those "workarounds" work. Any help/suggestions out there? Currently, it's been several days now since I've been unable to log in due to this problem. Ever since the new mod kicked in and my patcher downloaded it, then crashed, and then got to what it's doing now. Patch, crash, start launcher, stuck on "Patching" message... I've also tried logging in via ARC. No joy. S.O.S."

I posted this in it's own thread because my issue doesn't seem to match anyone else that I've read about so far. EVERY one seems to be able to get past the initial launcher. I CAN'T. I can't get it past the part where it says "Patching". Is it a graphical issue? I have no idea, but the symptoms don't match others descriptions. Ergo, why I put it in it's own thread. Closing it without even bothering to peruse the issue and then telling me to post it in a thread that doesn't match my issue? Let's hear it for that "Give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" attitude.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you're going to ride my HAMSTER... At least pull my hair"
    Taking the trash out, one badguy at a time.
    "Satisfaction guaranteed or twice your trash back."
  • Options
    but today my patching also get stuk at 90%...them i force cancel via Manager task and reset; only this way the patch go on and finish the last 9~10%.
  • Options
    dragonspirit1969dragonspirit1969 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Why the @@##$ do I have to reinstall the entire game after these patches for the came to work correctly... so far I had to do this twice for me to be able to log in and play the game.. FIX THIS DAMN GAME once and for all. I will tell you if I have to uninstall/reinstall again, it will remain uninstalled... stop telling us to update our drivers.. we all have updated drivers.. FIX THIS GAME!!!
  • Options
    beerdrinker4beerdrinker4 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    this is crazy
  • Options
    hexxxtriphexxxtrip Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    I get stuck on the loading screen as well.
    Windows 8.1 64bit - updates are well... up to date.
    Nvidia GeForce GT 640m - Latest drivers installed.
  • Options
    talonius92talonius92 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I too have been unable to log in since the Stronhold update. I am very disappointed that there is not a patch yet. I check a couple times a day, just to be disappointed. Do you not understand that the longer people are unable to play, we will find other games to play and spend our money on. Clocks ticking and players are leaving...
  • Options
    elrikoseeelrikosee Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I can play now, but only in safe mode. Did not have to before.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I can only start it in safe mode too. But this is also what I had to do to get it to run when the Mod was only on the preview server. So it is not like they did not know that the problem existed as it was talked about when Mod7 first hit the preview server in the forums.
  • Options
    beerdrinker4beerdrinker4 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I thank it there way of getting ppl off there browsers well they sure got me off there browers
  • Options
    elvenstar17elvenstar17 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Again its not fixed , again I have tried safe mode -d3d6 and the other command and again I am missing out hanging with my guildies. What was that patch today for?? Apparently not fixing the issue at hand.
  • Options
    dathdantedathdante Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I got into the game a few times using the delete gameprefs.pref /force verify/safe mode launch but when i tried it today i suddenly had a 4700Mb patch. Which has now been going for 3 hours. Anyone else have this? should i let it go thru all night or just uninstall and reiinstall the game? of course this is all after i already had the maintenance patch from today which was 360Mb or so
  • Options
    northernlights60northernlights60 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Hey development tea. Reset back to just before you installed stronghold patch. Then go back to the drawing board and make sure your test environment is the same as production environment so you don't make the same mistake then fix it right before installing it again!!!!!! and for all those of us you have screwed give us 120 element tokens and 100k ad for all we have lost.
  • Options
    vikkivalimirvikkivalimir Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    We believe this issue needs its own thread. The developers are currently aware and are actively working on a fix. In the meantime, here's a list of a few workarounds that other players have mentioned working for them.
    • Open options in the launcher at the top and type in -d3d9 or -d3d11Enable 0 into the Command Line. Close the launcher, open it again, then try launching the client.
    • Make sure to update all your graphics drivers.
    • In the launcher, click options at the top, click the Force Verify box and start the game in Safe Mode.
    • Once the loading screen has appeared, simply wait for a good 5 minutes without clicking anything.

Followed these instructions to the letter. Still having crash issues (Star Trek Online) on Windows 8.1 which was installed again after a reformat this morning. This just started happeninbg over the weekend. Please fix it soon.
  • Options
    beargarbeargar Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    A week before the mod ever came out i and some others a talked to have had the problem at lvl 60+ of no Skirmishes not 1, just 3 low lvl dungeoms lvling from 17-50 those 3 cant recall the names cragmire, wolves den and the spider one, thats all i have in my Q besides the 2 pvp skirmishes, i mwant the Dread and the Hunt ect skirmishes, i have them all on my other lvl 61 character but not my Cleric like i said this started a little over a week before the Stonghold launch. WTF is going on?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    We believe this issue needs its own thread. The developers are currently aware and are actively working on a fix. In the meantime, here's a list of a few workarounds that other players have mentioned working for them.
    • Open options in the launcher at the top and type in -d3d9 or -d3d11Enable 0 into the Command Line. Close the launcher, open it again, then try launching the client.
    • Make sure to update all your graphics drivers.
    • In the launcher, click options at the top, click the Force Verify box and start the game in Safe Mode.
    • Once the loading screen has appeared, simply wait for a good 5 minutes without clicking anything.

Followed these instructions to the letter. Still having crash issues (Star Trek Online) on Windows 8.1 which was installed again after a reformat this morning. This just started happeninbg over the weekend. Please fix it soon.

This is the Neverwinter Forum. You may be looking for the Star Trek Online forums.
  • Options
    kingarthyrkingarthyr Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Tried everything, still not able to login. Desktop Support tech by trade. Updated all drivers, deleted caches, tried tips suggested by yourself and others. I suggest you roll back to Mod5 since there have been so many issues since you added in Mod6.
  • Options
    xlunarblossomxxlunarblossomx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    We are most of the way through day 3, almost into day 4 of the game not working. Can you guys stop giving us fixes of "you can try this..." "this... has worked for some players". I feel as though the "we are looking for a fix" is becoming "we WERE looking for a fix but we have everyone's money and don't care enough if most of the community can play the game now". Look, I LOVE this game - I've spent $$ on it already, and when you don't exactly have a lot of spare cash - and this is where it goes - it's pretty disappointing to not be able to do anything with it. I had the day off work for Strongholds release - I didn't request it, it just happened. Most of that day was patch after patch after maintenance and more maintenance for this to... not work.
    My drivers are up to date. I reverted from Windows 10, back to 8.1 to see if that would help - it didn't. I've tried adding the command texts in, I've tried running it in safe mode. I've gone BACK to Windows 10 & triple checked that my drivers were all up to date... it doesn't work. The only way to get OUT of the Neverwinter loading screen now is to Ctrl+Alt+Delete and kill the program because it's not responding. I've left it on that screen hoping that I'd be one of the people the people who have had luck waiting long periods of time but I waited for so long my computer tried to fall asleep.
    Please.
    Fix the game.
    Don't release new modules.
    Don't worry about the stuff in the Zen store that isn't loading properly or whatever - I'd go with what someone else in this thread said... take the servers down. Don't let a broken game be up and running. Don't have the thing on your launcher say that servers are up. Your servers might be but when most of your player base CAN'T PLAY, its not. At least if you took the game down you would save the time I waste when I open the launcher & then have to SIGN IN and wait for it to go through the process of checking for patches & stuff... just to find out that nothing has been fixed.....
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    The lack of respect towards players in this game is mind-boggling. Get your butts ingear, because you are LOSING your playerbase!
  • Options
    gaillodargaillodar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Some of the people are able to play in safe mode that is not even working for me in whichever resolution. So idk kinda tied here on what to do.
    The longer this takes the less appealing it will be to continue.
  • Options
    banedarkshadowbanedarkshadow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @xlunarblossomx said:
    > We are most of the way through day 3, almost into day 4 of the game not working. Can you guys stop giving us fixes of "you can try this..." "this... has worked for some players". I feel as though the "we are looking for a fix" is becoming "we WERE looking for a fix but we have everyone's money and don't care enough if most of the community can play the game now". Look, I LOVE this game - I've spent $$ on it already, and when you don't exactly have a lot of spare cash - and this is where it goes - it's pretty disappointing to not be able to do anything with it. I had the day off work for Strongholds release - I didn't request it, it just happened. Most of that day was patch after patch after maintenance and more maintenance for this to... not work.
    > My drivers are up to date. I reverted from Windows 10, back to 8.1 to see if that would help - it didn't. I've tried adding the command texts in, I've tried running it in safe mode. I've gone BACK to Windows 10 & triple checked that my drivers were all up to date... it doesn't work. The only way to get OUT of the Neverwinter loading screen now is to Ctrl+Alt+Delete and kill the program because it's not responding. I've left it on that screen hoping that I'd be one of the people the people who have had luck waiting long periods of time but I waited for so long my computer tried to fall asleep.
    > Please.
    > Fix the game.
    > Don't release new modules.
    > Don't worry about the stuff in the Zen store that isn't loading properly or whatever - I'd go with what someone else in this thread said... take the servers down. Don't let a broken game be up and running. Don't have the thing on your launcher say that servers are up. Your servers might be but when most of your player base CAN'T PLAY, its not. At least if you took the game down you would save the time I waste when I open the launcher & then have to SIGN IN and wait for it to go through the process of checking for patches & stuff... just to find out that nothing has been fixed.....

This guy said it right, many of us have the same problem, we love this game, and yet cannot enter it since the Strongholds came. Its the 3rd day of not playing and you guys add some things in Zen store, and going on with Strongholds stuff like we don't exist, and for it many players will leave the game! Shut down servers for few hours and fix the problem (pay to play players wont die for few hours...)
This discussion has been closed.