test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Graphics Client Crash Issue

Comments

• Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the update. I'll tell the devs.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    zxiixzzxiixz Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'm not sure if I have fixed the video crash issue on my W7-64 system. I ran the game with the WXP compatibility set and as administrator... was able to play for 20-30 minutes just fine. I will post again if anything changes.

EDIT: Okay never mind. Game crashed 5-minutes into a new session. Video scrambled... had to reboot. Soooo... out of ideas now. Can't reboot the system every time NW randomly blows up. Game is unplayable. Worked fine before Stronghold patch. It's a great pity I am actually enjoying the game a lot.
  • Options
    magicmyrtlemagicmyrtle Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Still cannot get on to game. After the cryptic screen finishes I cannot get beyond the Neverwinter loading screen also cannot exit the screen.
    Waited until after todays patch to try but no joy.
  • Options
    muppetmuppetmuppetmuppet Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    still dead for me too. I press play window closes and the cryptic screen never appears. Windows 10. Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series. driver version 8.970.100.90001
    Worked perfectly before the Stronghold update.
  • Options
    nickbittnickbitt Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    my game still crashes to it worked fine before stronghold comon i wanna get on and play im really thinking about quiting if this is not fixed soon
  • Options
    necrodh96necrodh96 Member Posts: 1 New User
    what I find curious is that the game runs fine without me I video card, but when putting on the video card to the PC the problems begin
  • Options
    earthborne1214earthborne1214 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems booting up the game... I'm having the same issues as MagicMyrtle... Hopefully the tech team fixes the problem soon, my TR is almost lvl 69 and I'd like to max her lvl again
  • Options
    dairiuschi3dairiuschi3 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Well, did the update, restarted computer, still getting a 'gameclient.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware' message. I've looked it up online, can't fine a fix, but even when I have my graphics card disabled it still crashes at the Neverwinter screen just with no message :/

I'm gonna test if compatability mode with XP Service Pack 3 still works, since being able to play with slow blocky graphics is at least enough for daily invocations and profs, or keeping in touch with guildies... but this is still far from ideal, very disappointing.

Someone said to PM dxdiag information to Panderus? I just want to check that this is what we're meant to do, rather than posting a ticket, since I'm sure he wouldn't like getting a million PMs without warning.
  • Options
    arandompandaarandompanda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 107 Arc User
    Add me to the list of players who can no longer play the game after the latest patch. I was able to get in prior by checking Force Verify and making sure no other applications were running at the same time. Now even that does not work. It gets to the Cryptic load screen then goes to a black screen and just hangs there endlessly. I am nearly ready to give up on this game completely. Which is sad because I spent a ton of money on this game.
  • Options
    mrtopobomrtopobo Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have also tryied force verify and enable...also safe mode and nothing has worcked....after the Cryptic screen all the gets black and then the game crash and is closed....fix it please :'(
  • Options
    bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    don t worry if u do get in game lags so bad in dungeons people quit before u can finish
  • Options
    bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    and only way i got it ttoo work was run a compatibility mode with launcher and reset to windows 7
  • Options
    nickbittnickbitt Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    common devs are you gonna do somthing about this we wanna play the game
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Same issue persists. Windows 7,16GB Ram, NVIDIA GT430 graphics card, up to date drivers. Sims 4 runs with no issues, Neverwinter must be ran in Safe Mode on my computer for it to work. Preview did not crash last night when I checked, but it did make my graphics completely horrid and pixelated, I had written my settings down in case I had to reconfigure them with this patch. So I will continue to operate in Safe Mode for the time being...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    magicmyrtlemagicmyrtle Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    I too would like clarification about PMing the DXdiag report to Panderus. I had mine ready but it would have made for one huge post. So I attached it and submitted it with a ticket in technical support.
  • Options
    yinol36yinol36 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    well...the problem is still there... ¬¬...It 's a shame , it was an excellent game :/
  • Options
    dietrichdevitodietrichdevito Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    Issue is not fixed, made worse by the fact the frozen Neverwinter splash screen will not close... Even launched in safe mode and after force verify.
    I didn't hope for much and still ended up disappointed.
  • Options
    benbradabenbrada Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    No joy from patch. Still dies after Loading screen bar gets about 50% of the way. One difference is the GameClient32.exe leaves my monitor in a low resolution until I close the process in Task Manager.
  • Options
    iamtylerhakesiamtylerhakes Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Seriously, have you guys looked at the latest drivers available for your gfx card? I think this is the issue. I updated mine and it went away.

Do NOT use the auto-update through Device Manager.

Instead, check here: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm

@strumslinger - This may help?
  • Options
    dietrichdevitodietrichdevito Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    Seriously, have you guys looked at the latest drivers available for your gfx card? I think this is the issue. I updated mine and it went away.

Do you know how many times this has been suggested in both threads?
    Have you read the comments?
    Yes, we've updated or looked for updates for our drivers.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Emergency maintenance in the morning to address this. Sit tight.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    knoebelsknoebels Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Havn't been able to load the game since mod7. HOWEVER, I decided to get rid of the invasive no respect for privacy windows 10 and return to windows 7 and after patching today it worked. I tried the test server patch last night with windows 10 and it still didn't work, and the game had stopped working on windows 7 before changing to windows 10. So I would guess something was set back to a factory default with the windows 10 downgrade and it allowed the game to work.

But looks like they are fixing it so..
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    knoebels wrote: »
    ... I decided to get rid of the invasive no respect for privacy windows 10 and return to windows 7 ...
    There's a ton of Windows 10 options that disable things. You just need to pay attention when first setting up Windows 10 after it gets done installing, clicking the Customize Settings options instead of using Recommended Settings options. Then after you get it all set up, you can further turn off the rest of the data collection things by going through the Settings in all the plethora of features and apps. Then, if you really want to be really private, you can log in with a Local Account instead of a Microsoft Account.

The only real issue that Microsoft doesn't make it clear how to disable all of their data collection options, as they're riddled through out all the settings, features and apps. It's not that it is invasive, for it isn't if you don't let it be. It's just not easy for most folks to find all the settings to turn off.

• Options
    iamtylerhakesiamtylerhakes Member Posts: 28 Arc User

Do you know how many times this has been suggested in both threads?
    Have you read the comments?
    Yes, we've updated or looked for updates for our drivers.

Sorry, not trying to be redundant, I just wasn't sure if people had tried actually manually downloading the update.

I had the same problem, tried to update through device manager, said I was up to date (no update available), BUT I did some additional digging, and ended up updating manually from that link and now it works for me. So, I thought maybe other people had the same issue.
  • Options
    khkokkhkok Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Patched and still crashes on loading screen with GameClient.exe hanging in background and Cryptic Error forever trying to collect whatever its trying to collect.....back to SkyForge.....
  • Options
    dreampppdreamppp Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    khkok wrote: »
    Patched and still crashes on loading screen with GameClient.exe hanging in background and Cryptic Error forever trying to collect whatever its trying to collect.....back to SkyForge.....

in my case back to PoE.
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Is this still happening after this morning's maintenance?

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Well I think I may have foud the problem. I have been playing with no issuses after I updated my DirectX to 11.1 it booted fine, patch and all. After walking my dog, it did not. I rememberd a post that spoke of the -d3denable 0 having something to do with DirectX. So I put it back in and ONLY THE -d3denable 0 and nothing else, no safe mode, no window only, just the above code. And the game has worked like a charm as if it had no issues at all and for the last 3 days I have been playing just fine. Now I had to see if my gut was right about this, I took off the code and and dice, the GameClient.exe crashes and no game. I am on a widows 7, my sister who has not been able to log on after elament evil was put in is on windows 10. Did anyone else note that? There is a problem in Windows and DirectX conneting with GameClient.exe, not the other way around. Try -d3denable 0 only, [you can force varify patch if you need to] you will need to fix you graphic setting one time after putting it in. But give it a shot and see if it works. And I will see you on the flipside.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    it's fixed! :D Yay!!!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.