test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Graphics Client Crash Issue

Comments

• Options
    dreampppdreamppp Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    they dont have a backup? shut down stronghold, bring back the one who works fine; fixe the stronholds issue, then put all togetter online.
  • Options
    cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I have been a LONG time supporter of this game, and have always posted respectfully. But my patience is wearing thin now.

Since the "Disaster Patch" in early'ish June, I've been unable to play due to these issues. Work has been pretty hectic, so NWO went onto a back burner for me. I was barely able to get through invokes, and most of my "playing" involved the Gateway. I won't get into my feelings on the Gateway, as I can see both sides of the decisions.

However, when my Win10 upgrade became available, I figured I'd give it a try. I was able to play again. I spent HOURS playing SH on Test, with NO ISSUES. I played Live, no issues. I ran MULTIPLE sessions of NWO concurrently, and had NO ISSUES. NOTHING else has changed on my box. It was a direct upgrade from Win7 Ultimate to Windows 10 x64. I plunked down $100 in Zen, and bought the 12 month VIP package on release, thinking we were golden again. Keep this in mind.

SH releases... and the crashes return. I haven't had a chance to go back to Test and try things out.

I have 16G of RAM (pulled 16G out, can put it back in if needed for a total of 32). I have a GTX580, a GTX9800, and an integrated Intel HD3000 video card in a multi monitor setup. Every other game I have plays flawlessly - Witcher3, DDO, etc etc.

I have tried everything - safe mode, disabling everything and running min, disabling D3d and DX11, etc etc etc. I have run the game on every video card in the system. It crashes on every one. I'm even getting C++ errors from the game and msalloc errors now.

I'm running the most current video drivers. Everything is up to date.

I'm burning VIP. I'm unable to consistently access the game for professions and/or invoking. I still haven't had tickets from MONTHS back answered for Account bound gear that overnight turned Character bound. I want compensation for this. I'm tired of being a nice guy.

I'm *tired* of sitting back and having to watch my guildies play and enjoy things. I'm falling further and further behind on content.

I'll be HAPPY to work directly with anyone on your technical team. I am above average in technical ability, and work as a systems and integrations developer. I'll guinea pig things. I'll provide any data you want. None of the fixes posted here work for me. It is time for you guys to get involved directly instead of waiting on a community solution. Community solutions might be fine for open source or user content based games, but this....is none of those. Step up to the plate, guys.

Edit (additional info, no content change) - Here's how far I'm willing to go. I am willing to set up remote access on my machine so you can watch, monitor, and collect data real time on this. I can set up any kind of test bed you want.
    Post edited by cthon on
  • Options
    intothegrooveintothegroove Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    i have always used safe mode to play neverwinter on my laptop and never had a problem before. after this last update however the game crashes whilst trying to load in safe mode. i am running windows 10.
    sorry to say i am becoming increasingly disillusioned with neverwinter and the end level play which is repetitive and boring. i am not into pvp and i like to hunt solo so my options within the game are gradually being reduced. playing neverwinter is becoming a chore and the fun is rapidly going out of the game.
  • Options
    proteanizzyproteanizzy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Folks in the STO forum were directed to this thread. After being in chat regarding this issue, no mention of the fact that a multitude of persons having the same issue and told that it is my computer. No connectivity or launcher issues with any other game and I shouldn't have to re-write or add to a line of code to make their product work. This isn't the first time the launcher has had issues and pointing at the paying public is bad form.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Folks in the STO forum were directed to this thread. After being in chat regarding this issue, no mention of the fact that a multitude of persons having the same issue and told that it is my computer. No connectivity or launcher issues with any other game and I shouldn't have to re-write or add to a line of code to make their product work. This isn't the first time the launcher has had issues and pointing at the paying public is bad form.
    No one is saying it is the consumer's fault and quite frankly, the original post is quite clear that this is a Game Issue, not a Consumer Issue. I suggest to not skip over the paragraph in the original post, as the steps listed are there for those who want to troubleshoot themselves. Again, the first paragraph is quite clear that this is a game issue.

As for STO, while they may be pointing here as an example of a resolve that may work for STO too, that doesn't mean this thread should be used to discuss STO issues, as this is the Neverwinter Forum. Instead, please continue to discuss STO issues on the STO forums in their appropriate threads. Thanks!

• Options
    Zebular u have any note from the Dev's about it or how long it can take to fix?
  • Options
    inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    miawuascht wrote: »
    yesterday it worked for me without all that sttings to be done...
    today it´s messed up. how is that possible?

Same here, last night was fun & wife's char was even on today before the update took place!!

But at least we now have updated graphics drivers :) [good old NVIDIA]

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    dreamppp wrote: »
    Zebular u have any note from the Dev's about it or how long it can take to fix?
    We all on the Community Team keep inquiring. All we know up to now is that it remains a priority, that they are still working on a solution. Some of our Family and even other Staffers are also unable to play. :(
  • Options
    inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    Sorry messed that up a bit am getting news one of our guild members started having login issues after second patch. He still hasn't been able to log in.
  • Options
    bartoneds34giibartoneds34gii Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I have had some luck starting in safe mode with -d3d11Enable 0 in the command line. Takes a while to load. Using win 8.x Gonna try it now and see if it still works.
  • Options
    bartoneds34giibartoneds34gii Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Yep. I'm at my charactyer screen. I did do a force verify some time ago but don't need to do it every time. I do hope they fix this soon so everyone can play.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I have had some luck starting in safe mode with -d3d11Enable 0 in the command line. Takes a while to load. Using win 8.x Gonna try it now and see if it still works.
    Yep. I'm at my charactyer screen. I did do a force verify some time ago but don't need to do it every time. I do hope they fix this soon so everyone can play.
    Just be clear, what OS are you on? Setting the game to run in compatibility mode for Win 8.x is what worked for you this time? Did you also have the command line entered in the launcher options and did you also do safe mode that time?
  • Options
    just note, im running at a win 7 AMD graphic driver, 16gb ram. not a GREAT-TOP-SUPREME pc; but let me play my favorite games quiet well.
  • Options
    blagarblagar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    All I had to do was enter -d3d11 Enable 0 into the command line of the launcher and it finally loaded properly.

Something that I did notice. I also play STO and STO never had issues loading. The following two DLLs are different, but I don't know how much that has to do with anything.

D3DX9_37.DLL
    d3dx11_42.DLL
  • Options
    lady808lady808 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I don't often check out the Test server/Owlbear. On a lark, yesterday, I started up the launcher again and clicked on the button for the test server.

I'm not sure if anyone knows about my launcher issues, but my problem seems different from everyone else. At least you folks can get past the launcher. I can't. My launcher gets stuck on "Patching" and doesn't go any further at all. I was told to come here after my original thread got locked up by a mod that apparently didn't bother to read it though so here I am. Anyhoo...

So clicked on "Owlbear" and it began a truly horrendously LARGE download. It took from yesterday afternoon to this morning to finish. It's nearly 6 in the A.M. here in Hawaii in case anyone is wondering. My connection isn't a slow one either. In case you were wondering, the only thing running was the Launcher for the test server the entire time. My connection is via a dedicated fiber optic line. ie. I don't share it with anyone and hubby wasn't playing his console games last night either (for once). Download speed of 70.91 Mbps, upload speed of 10.62 Mbps, and a 2ms ping after the download was complete. That rate is "normal" for my connection and it doesn't matter what time of the day it is. I've actually tested it at different times during the day throughout the week. It's a steady connection.

After that hellacious download though, I clicked on the button for the launcher for the live portion. It's now downloading at least 15GB of "something". For the live part. Lol! I'm not sure if I should be excited that maybe, just maybe, it might work? Or stupefied that it has to download 15GB of, what might be, just total junk that won't change a thing. I'm crossing my fingers, but not getting my hopes up too high. This new mod has been nothing but a series of horrid disappointments so far and overall tenor from the company and mods about the issues isn't very "positive".

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you're going to ride my HAMSTER... At least pull my hair"
    Taking the trash out, one badguy at a time.
    "Satisfaction guaranteed or twice your trash back."
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    lady808 wrote: »
    I don't often check out the Test server/Owlbear. On a lark, yesterday, I started up the launcher again and clicked on the button for the test server.

I'm not sure if anyone knows about my launcher issues, but my problem seems different from everyone else. At least you folks can get past the launcher. I can't. My launcher gets stuck on "Patching" and doesn't go any further at all. I was told to come here after my original thread got locked up by a mod that apparently didn't bother to read it though so here I am. Anyhoo...

So clicked on "Owlbear" and it began a truly horrendously LARGE download. It took from yesterday afternoon to this morning to finish. It's nearly 6 in the A.M. here in Hawaii in case anyone is wondering. My connection isn't a slow one either. In case you were wondering, the only thing running was the Launcher for the test server the entire time. My connection is via a dedicated fiber optic line. ie. I don't share it with anyone and hubby wasn't playing his console games last night either (for once). Download speed of 70.91 Mbps, upload speed of 10.62 Mbps, and a 2ms ping after the download was complete. That rate is "normal" for my connection and it doesn't matter what time of the day it is. I've actually tested it at different times during the day throughout the week. It's a steady connection.

After that hellacious download though, I clicked on the button for the launcher for the live portion. It's now downloading at least 15GB of "something". For the live part. Lol! I'm not sure if I should be excited that maybe, just maybe, it might work? Or stupefied that it has to download 15GB of, what might be, just total junk that won't change a thing. I'm crossing my fingers, but not getting my hopes up too high. This new mod has been nothing but a series of horrid disappointments so far and overall tenor from the company and mods about the issues isn't very "positive".

If you are really downloading that much, something is very screwed up with your install. I just installed on a new system setup, and from that I can tell you that 15gb is the entire game client, not a patch. It thinks you don't have any of the files installed if it's going for a 15gb install.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    alt-tab still isnt working. I thought i fixed it, but no. No multitasking for me.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    apatheticclerkapatheticclerk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    GUYS I GOT IN. Here is what I did:
    Go to the Neverwinter.exe file on your computer, right click it, click properties, go to the compatibility tab, run in compatibility mode using the Windows 7 option from the drop down menu.
    Also check off "Run as Administrator"
    Open the game from the .exe file, not through steam or arc.
    From the launcher go to options, check "Force Verify" and "Safe Mode" and in the command line type "-d3d11Enable 0" without the quotes.

I hope this works for you guys :]
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    BINGO!

I've solved my variant of this problem. I have the Windows 10 upgrade queue thing running.
    RIght-click on taskbar and select Task Manager.
    Find GWX.EXE and kill it.

Not saying it will work for everyone but it worked for me, at least for now. Worth mentioning I still have the dx9 command line switch on too and it's going to stay there for now.

Maybe it was hogging bandwidth? No idea really.
  • Options
    rubbertrixsrubbertrixs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    ok here is what i did for windows 10 users. 1. in launcher do the options comand line prompt -d3d9Enable0.(this will load directx 11 for those of you who do not understand coding)(also for me when i did -d3d11Enable0 the herald of dragons in well of dragon looked bad meaning parts of the run did not load, so i only could see the body of a dragon no wings or wings and head no body of the dragons, parts of the ground would not load also.) 2. check the safe mode box. 3 save. 4 play. (for me it opens the game up in windowed mode i maximize the window change graphics to they way i like them. and play)

it is not perfect some of the graphics take time to render, but it is good enough to play. the problem in well of dragons mentioned above dose not happen. i can see all of the dragons.
  • Options
    beerdrinker4beerdrinker4 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    yep still cant play the game day number 5 now
  • Options
    dairiuschi3dairiuschi3 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I can get in by setting the game to compatability mode for XP service pack 3... but the graphics are even blockier than normal safe mode, and I get no sound -_-

I mean, I can invoke and do professions, but this isn't really playable. Lag is about ten times worse than normal so having more than 3 people on screen at once causes a huge delay. On top of all that it just plain doesn't work when using an HDMI output, my only assumption is because XP didn't have HDMI support? If it did then I am at a loss.
  • Options
    so this is the question of the day how are they going to make this up to the players that cant play the game now
    that has put money ino the game
  • Options
    thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    I imagine they will credit you X number of days, with X = number of days you could not log in.
  • Options
    apatheticclerkapatheticclerk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I can get in by setting the game to compatability mode for XP service pack 3... but the graphics are even blockier than normal safe mode, and I get no sound -_-

I mean, I can invoke and do professions, but this isn't really playable. Lag is about ten times worse than normal so having more than 3 people on screen at once causes a huge delay. On top of all that it just plain doesn't work when using an HDMI output, my only assumption is because XP didn't have HDMI support? If it did then I am at a loss.

This was my problem. Then I switched compatibility mode to Windows 7 and it runs smooth as butter
  • Options
    still cant get nuthing to work
  • Options
    h3llbentwisph3llbentwisp Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    dathdante wrote: »
    I got into the game a few times using the delete gameprefs.pref /force verify/safe mode launch but when i tried it today i suddenly had a 4700Mb patch. Which has now been going for 3 hours. Anyone else have this? should i let it go thru all night or just uninstall and reiinstall the game? of course this is all after i already had the maintenance patch from today which was 360Mb or so

Nope not worth the wait on the patch, although I'm late referencing this. I did the same thing the other night when MOD 7 was released and had a huge patch. To have it still not work after waiting it out.
  • Options
    dairiuschi3dairiuschi3 Member Posts: 40 Arc User

This was my problem. Then I switched compatibility mode to Windows 7 and it runs smooth as butter

This did nothing for me :/ It gets to the Neverwinter splash screen then freezes as a notification comes up saying 'gameclient.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware' or something along those lines.
  • Options
    arakvararakvar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This is fairly sad. As a player that spent hundreds, if not thousands into the game when it first released, then came back recently only to have Mod 7 cause me the inability to play....

This is very likely the final nail in the coffin. Neglecting a serious problem such as this is inexcusable. There is a multitude of players that cannot log in and play your game, yet it seems that the only concern is the Zen Marketplace. Count another well-paying customer to your games out. GG.
This discussion has been closed.