test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Graphics Client Crash Issue

Comments

• theresnoendbadtheresnoendbad Member Posts: 1 New User
    I found a thread that fixed my client crash like everyone is having, and it was so easy

Game Crashing FIX
    Game constantly crashing on your high end rigg or new system and don't know why?

Direct X 9 must be forced in the games launcher command line.

Open the game launcher
    Navigate to the top right of the launcher and click *OPTIONS*
    Scroll to the bottom and find the COMMAND LINE
    Type in -d3d9 hit save
  • thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    A for effort. Awesome intent to help. However, this command line thing has been known for a few days now. There are two codes even. It's Strumslinger's first post in this very thread. B)
  • cool1967cool1967 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Since I installed Windows 10 can only play in safe mode. In fact in safe mode could always play without having to do anything else. I will remain so until the problem is solved ... :(
  • ankabird1ankabird1 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Stronghold is on the beach

Com'on devs want us to play or leave?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    Nothing has changed on my notebook beside the NWO Stronghold update, and since then NWO is either crashing or there is no stable connection to the servers... and btw. don't change the graphic display setting to "auto", that will crash NWO too.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • vyperdrivevyperdrive Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Can someone explain how to find my dxdiag information? Just in case the update doesn't work...

Click on your Start button, type "dxdiag" in the search box (or if Win 10, just type it in the "Ask me anything" box). Run the program it comes up with, then save all info (it should save it as a text file to your desktop).

• beerdrinker4beerdrinker4 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    went to 8.1 got into game but no sound deleated the game and arc redownloaded it and still no sound what do i do now
  • beerdrinker4beerdrinker4 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    went to 8.1 got into game but no sound deleated the game and arc redownloaded it and still no sound what do i do now
    lol i just need sound now

• delilahdraculdelilahdracul Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'm running Windows 7. Not sure which action was the fix, but I had installed AMD Catalyst 13.9, went to my computer company's home page (HP), installed a graphics card update, a bios update, opened up the game launcher, typed -d3d9 in the Command Line under options and hit save. And just like that, I was back in the game. :) Hopefully, there will be a fix for everyone soon.
  • rotnruinrotnruin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hey all. I am somewhat of a new poster here, but I did find an easy work around that has not failed. I know it is not a patch/fix, but it got me playing again, and that made me happy. All I do is open my desktop control and switch my resolution to 600x800. Then, leaving that window open, I launch the game. (Please note I have done nothing to the options of my launcher!) Once the game loads (not slow at all) and I choose my character, I wait until I can close the daily window. Then, when I am at the normal HUD, I Alt-Tab once, go back to the display window, and switch the res back on my desktop. It has not failed or exploded yet.
  • dietrichdevitodietrichdevito Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I've had the issue since Mod 6 as well, having to run the game in safe mode, and after trying every fix in this forum I'm just gonna wait until the supposed fix. I'm afraid of trying anything further in the off change I end up making things only worse on my end.

To further prove that this is a Neverwinter problem, I've just spent the last three days on a character in PWI with no problems in game play or loading and that's far more taxing on my computer than neverwinter.
    Post edited by dietrichdevito on
  • pepsiholic420pepsiholic420 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    dunno what the deal is everybody got some kinda issue some get fixed others not. as for me i just gonna wait till they fix the glitch. not worth the stress. maybe read a book .
  • givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    once I got the game to load the first time after 15 min wait I have had no issue getting in after that don't even need the -d what ever anymore the only issue I have left is when switching from full screen to windowed client crashes or if you alt tab you can't bring the game back up it doesnt' crash it just wont let you bring the window back up have to force it to close and reopen it.
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2015

lol i just need sound now

Umm so do you have sound anywhere else? If you reinstalled 8.1, my guess is you forgot to install the proper sound card driver.
  • banedarkshadowbanedarkshadow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Just WoW!!! Game is still not fixed! Its almost a 7th day and you are not doing anything!?? Shame... Shame... Will swich to Tera or some other better organized game. This is frustrating....
    :s
  • banedarkshadowbanedarkshadow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @banedarkshadow said:
    > Just WoW!!! Game is still not fixed! Its almost a 7th day and you are not doing anything!?? Shame... Shame... Will swich to Tera or some other better organized game. This is frustrating....
    > :s

And btw, just checked for solutions in forum: And I have to say that this works: -d3d11Enable 0
    Also enable force verify and Safe mode. Tho still its available in safe mode only, but works :) Hope for full fix on this soon. HF
  • dreampppdreamppp Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    i bypass graphic driver crash...but get stuck in white screen of death :( the game stop responding and need to be closed by task manager...others games run fine as usual :(
  • jadysvarilojadysvarilo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I have tried all the suggested options. I can load the game in safe mode only. I can play - if you can call it playing - but I cannot do much as, even in safe mode, the lag is awful. It can take me up to three minutes to get a response from a vendor or a quest giver. I cannot even update professions or even invoke on occasions as I get no response. There have been times when the lag has been so bad that my team have moved on from an HE in Strongholds, having finished the HE, while I am still fighting in it - only to find myself dead by the end.
    None of this happened before the update.
    I have to confess that I am disappointed that nothing has been offered from devs since the OP. Though I note a link - proferred by a player - to another thread, suggesting a fix has been found, there is no coordination between the threads. Given that this is the "official" thread, that, too, is disappointing.
    Yes, it's only a game. But people are investing time and money into this game. That makes us clients, not simply gamers. We ought to be treated as such.
    Yours,
    Disappointed.
    Post edited by jadysvarilo on
    even at twitter they only talk about promotions and sales :/
  • webbigwebbig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    So they said last week they'd have a fix for these issues this week. Guess we're all still waiting on that to happen since this is today's error for me:

CrErr3.jpg
  • damedanniedamedannie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi Everyone I did something out of all these other options and have been in game for the past 2 days now so here is what I did............ I recieved an E-Mail from Neverwinter asking about the New Strongholds So I hit reply and sent them an Messsage I was very nice in letting them know I was an extremely upset customer and the next day I was able to log in game! I also had let them know I tried and was unsuccessful at the other options given to me. So I dont know if anyone else tried this but it worked well for me..... HOPE IT HELPS
  • ash1113ash1113 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    hi! there
    i have a acer aspire v7-581 laptop with intel core i5-3337u @1.80 ghz, 12 gb ram, 64-bit os and win10

i'm running the game as admin (as i remember reading somewhere this could solve my trouble..alas! :cry: ...)

now i know most people will say its the problem of having intel instead of nvedia or amd...and though thats sort of true too but i have been running NW since mod4 on this laptop (with some settings of high and others on midium and none of low..so thats not a problem...or well 'was never'..) and it has been working all too well till the resent stronghold mod update and upgrading to win10..

everytime i load the game it goes till the loading screen and then it stays there till i click on the screen and then the window becomes grey and i get a system notification stating along the lines of: my graphics was crashed but recovered safely. thats when my game crashes too!!....

so whats happening here?...how do i solve this?
    please HELP!..pretty please...

--EDIT (update)--

k so i got NW running via safe mode and force patching...but...still this trouble needs fixing and from what i remember this trouble has occured at one of the previous mod updates too..and that time NW notified everyone that the matter was being looked at and then things turned out to be better...so if imnot wrong this time too its yet another mod update problem thats an issue from cryptic and not from individual players....so pretty please 'FIX IT' :smile:
    thx
    Post edited by ash1113 on
  • gaillodargaillodar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    So what was the date this was going to be fixed? I have not been able to play this game for more then a week now. That can't be what they want is it. When will this be sorted?
    It would be good if we were not being kept in the dark. I gave up trying stuff myself after having tried everything so unless you have 'the way' bypass this or the way to fix it I am stuck.
  • magicmyrtlemagicmyrtle Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    Still cannot log on. Been trying for over a week now. Have tried all fixes from forum and from PWE nothing working for me. I can load until Neverwinter splash screen but exeGameClient not responding after that.
  • nickbittnickbitt Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    comon cryptic get thewse fixes going we all want back in game this is bs my guild really needs my help in strongholds its been a week fix the game!!!!!!!
  • BrownBrown Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    gawd this game is getting to my nerves...I can login (after a long elaborate ritual) but when changing to alts or sometime it crashes. Is this gonna get fixed soon?
    Still cannot log on. Been trying for over a week now. Have tried all fixes from forum and from PWE nothing working for me. I can load until Neverwinter splash screen but exeGameClient not responding after that.
    same as me...if they dont fix the issue as PROMISE this week, i will uinstall and try another game, because its very very sad; a game that u want to play with friend who call u, and u cant login because a DEV's error, and they just dont send a word about it :/ or even bring back the old version wich WORK and fixes the new on offline.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    Crashing to desktop, while trying to log from one character to another, is now happening in every session at least once...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    Just crashed twice in dread ring its almost unplayable in there when I use something like potions half time shows I still have it in hand ' got ripped more than 4 times in last week on dungeon rewards list is longer but u get the point please fix something
  • bartoneds34giibartoneds34gii Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I can log on but now the game crashes as soon as I try to expand the window to full screen. Using win 8.1. What the hell is going on? I've only been playing this game for about two weeks and it's been nothing but bugs, glitches and crashes from day one.
This discussion has been closed.