Install Arc
Options

[PC] Graphics Client Crash Issue

Comments

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    charononus wrote: »
    wachumpong wrote: »
    the game should be shutdown and fix this, like what kilyiewilde said its unfair for us who cant play the game all we can do is sit and hope for a fix, those player who has no problem can grind stronghold while we cant,

sry but its just unfair

I don't think there are as many of you guys as you think. Even if there were, you don't turn some customers away from the store because the road is out and others can't get there.

No Charononus, I don't think you know how many of us there are. All 18 people I usually play with cannot access the game. While I don't think a shutdown is a particularly a good idea...they are hemorrhaging money right now and we all know that they cannot afford to do that.

Well some people are trying to make it sound like 99% of people can't get in. The zones are busy and active, there are people moving around and playing. There are many people effected and many people that aren't. I'm just sick of the shut the game down and roll back the server crowd. What needs to happen is a fix. Even sub games have had clients not work for people for a week or more after a major release. You don't close up shop, you just fix the problem. Hopefully that's what they're doing. If you guys don't have a fix by next week tues, I'll be upset right with you but until then patience is required.

• Options
    drakenartzdrakenartz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    Well after trying all of the methods, nothing works...
    Game is still crashing at the same point and the "Crash Report" is just mocking me now with it popping up T_T
  • Options
    miawuaschtmiawuascht Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    oh i forgot:
    yesterday it worked for me without all that sttings to be done...
    today it´s messed up.
    how is that possible?
  • Options
    fakeleadmanfakeleadman Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Only thing that has worked for me is the "-d3d11Enable 0" command with force verify and safe mode, and that made it so the game window was about 1/4 of the screen and unchangeable. total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. can update professions, that's about it.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Just to chime in and confirm, this works for maybe some but maybe not for all. Sorry if it doesnt work for you, I hope they find a fix soon.

I forced verify files.
    Checked safe mode and had fullscreen unchecked.
    I used to -d3d11Enable 0.
    The first loading screen with the loading bar went like usual, but the 2nd load screen hung, maybe like 7-9 minutes.

I walked away to do some stuff, came back and it was at the login screen. (which means it probably timed out, but at least loaded).

Now not having any of those load issues. Hope this helps some, and hope for others a fix comes soon.

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHA, like the moment I finished typing this. I went back to NW and it crashed. Crossing fingers that this isnt the beginning of the end.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    zamouchzamouch Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    We believe this issue needs its own thread. The developers are currently aware and are actively working on a fix. In the meantime, here's a list of a few workarounds that other players have mentioned working for them.
    • Open options in the launcher at the top and type in -d3d9 or -d3d11Enable 0 into the Command Line. Close the launcher, open it again, then try launching the client.
    • Make sure to update all your graphics drivers.
    • In the launcher, click options at the top, click the Force Verify box and start the game in Safe Mode.
    • Once the loading screen has appeared, simply wait for a good 5 minutes without clicking anything.

man I hate to be mean, but we're <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> players not techies or engineers, and even if we were it's your job to find the fixes, not for us to waste 48h going all over internet to find a solution to your mess; this is really starting to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me off, do your job correctly. When we cash our CC in your stores we don't ask you to figure out the CVC on your own, even more we don't ask you to wait a couple days till we get money or find the right CVC. And the worst of it all is none of you said sorry, no official excuses, nothing at all, you're playing dumb wanting us to make the world believe it's all working fine, well guess what it's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> not.
  • Options
    cruz1911cruz1911 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Well I had the same issue and tried this which was written in Reddit

I edited "Gameprefs.Pref" that can be found in Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\Localdata

I added the line:

PrefEntry GfxSettings.DeviceType Direct3D9

along with the above line and the things written at the start of the thread I was able to logon.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    cruz1911 wrote: »
    Well I had the same issue and tried this which was written in Reddit

I edited "Gameprefs.Pref" that can be found in Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\Localdata

I added the line:

PrefEntry GfxSettings.DeviceType Direct3D9

along with the above line and the things written at the start of the thread I was able to logon.
    Did you try the -d3d9 option first? My understanding is that editing the prefs file for that is the same as passing the command line option. If you did and it didn't work with the command line option that's very interesting.
  • Options
    cruz1911cruz1911 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Yes I tried both -d3d9 or -d3d11Enable 0 in the beginning. In both cases the game crashed and was stuck at Neverwinter logo screen. Atleast in mod 6 it used to come out of the game. But here even Alt+Tab doesn't work.

Had to do the same thing when for the first time I had installed the game 2 weeks back for Elemental Evil. But the thing is in "Gameprefs.Pref" file after exiting the game I have to keep adding it every time just to be safe.
  • Options
    elvenstar17elvenstar17 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Nothing has worked to get my game to start. I've done all the above. It's frustrating that they bring out this and you can't even play.
  • Options
    rajalarrajalar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Have tried all the above options and none work so I decided to try out STO again and get the same crash there.
    How have you managed to kill them both?

edit: Oh yeah and my auto login function tells me Your login information does not match our records. Please try again
    All I do is retype and it works so no biggy but worth a mention.
  • Options
    merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I just received a huge patch that I've been downloading since yesterday. now the servers are down....
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    zamouch wrote: »
    We believe this issue needs its own thread. The developers are currently aware and are actively working on a fix. In the meantime, here's a list of a few workarounds that other players have mentioned working for them.
    • Open options in the launcher at the top and type in -d3d9 or -d3d11Enable 0 into the Command Line. Close the launcher, open it again, then try launching the client.
    • In the launcher, click options at the top, click the Force Verify box and start the game in Safe Mode.
    • Once the loading screen has appeared, simply wait for a good 5 minutes without clicking anything.

man I hate to be mean, but we're <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> players not techies or engineers, and even if we were it's your job to find the fixes, not for us to waste 48h going all over internet to find a solution to your mess; this is really starting to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me off, do your job correctly. When we cash our CC in your stores we don't ask you to figure out the CVC on your own, even more we don't ask you to wait a couple days till we get money or find the right CVC. And the worst of it all is none of you said sorry, no official excuses, nothing at all, you're playing dumb wanting us to make the world believe it's all working fine, well guess what it's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> not.
    Instead of flying off the handle into a rant, you should go back and read the second sentence in Strum's post. For once you do, you may want to adjust your post and tone.
  • Options
    reaganfellstonereaganfellstone Member Posts: 2 New User
    Safe Mode was the only thing working for me, but we'll see what happens after today's update...
  • Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    zebular wrote: »
    zamouch wrote: »

Instead of flying off the handle into a rant, you should go back and read the second sentence in Strum's post. For once you do, you may want to adjust your post and tone.

He actually has a reason to be upset, although he could have been slightly more tactful. This bug, although on a smaller scale, was reported on mod 6 preview and continued throughout mod 6. I had been experiencing this problem along with a few friends. Most of them quit instead of having to enter through safe mode and adjust graphics back up. After a month or so it got old. It is not like this is some new bug, It has been around for months, just on a smaller scale. I am sure you are aware since you posted on those threads. I am actually glad this bug hit in such a major way. Hopefully the fix means that after months and months of having to play in safe mode I will be able to play normally.
  • Options
    yinol36yinol36 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    it doesn't works...even with the "maintenance"....
  • Options
    trekkiejedigirltrekkiejedigirl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I'm running a new custom built 8 core gamer running Win 7 with graphic drivers updated to current. What I found worked for me was: I lowered my screen resolution on my computer temporarily to 800 x 600, then once I had my game running I minimized the screen, returned my screen resolution to normal, then I was able to play normally. (Important note: Do Not mess with or adjust your game settings in any way, only temporarily lower resolution on your computer. This allows your game to proceed as it was before the patch once the game is running and you return resolution to normal.
  • Options
    zephyron76zephyron76 Member Posts: 13 Arc User

I did all that was stated in the directions. Still NoGo. I waited 5 minutes then screen launcher turned white and says (not responding). I dont understand why this is even a problem. I kinda am because the only other MMO game i play is SWTOR by Bioware. They have had similar problems but not massive like this. They have a repair button on launcher when times like this stuff happens. Most of the times when people cant get in they address the issue right then and there thru social media and they resolve it within 30 minutes. Trust and beleive. none of this non-schlaunt <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> we are remaining quiet and not owning up the issue, but we will put it in the known issues on forum for 2-3 mo fix. Im going to remain patient as can.....until next week. If its not fixed. Oh well by Cryptic NeverWinter D&D thanks for the game play since launch. Audios Amigos Sayonara! & I wont be looking in my rearview mirror either!

• Options
    dream420dream420 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    come on fix the dam game wth 3 days not being abe to log in is annoying. just patched new update apparently they forgot to address this login issue
  • Options
    icehawkjinxx4512icehawkjinxx4512 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    thank you so much strum this worked perfectly it opened immediatly after i did this
    the -d3d9 worked for me
  • Options
    Again I'm disappointed. It seems nothing was done regarding this login issue in today's patch -and I'm running a new 8 core AMD black ed. custom built gaming machine. My graphic driver is the newest AMD has for my ATI/AMD graphics card. All my other games which include Echo of Souls, SWTOR, Tera, and others open fine. Its just Neverwinter/Arc, which is my favorite and most played game, that is having this issue. I also have a lot of $$ invested in Neverwinter and likely will spend more unless this problem persists. I'm on a fixed income as well, and Its just not fair to me and others who've invested this much of their time and $$ in your game this is happening. Please get this fixed ASAP! Thank you, TrekkieJediGirl
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    -D3D9 + safe mode works for me, but game looks ugly... I wish you didnt broke the game with new module. It was all good with mod 6. Makes me wonder what i will have to turn off in module 8...
  • Options
    Okay, the Force Verify and -d3d9 suggestion seems to work for me w/o any graphics adjustments to my computer. A lil better than yesterday but, problem is still there and needs fixed.
  • Options
    dackfayden2dackfayden2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I was patching the game normally, after some time it crashed, since then, when I open the launcher right after some time on "Patching." sentence on the minibar it crashes. There's a simple solution for that?
    RstNbeI.png
    jqh8Txs.png
  • Options
    webbigwebbig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    None of these solutions works for me. (And) Here is today's new error:

CrErr.jpg
  • Options
    beerdrinker4beerdrinker4 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    well hate to do this off to a diff game and start all over
  • Options
    webbigwebbig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    After several attempts to access the game.. I get another new error:

CrErr2.jpg

Note: I have never had these types of issues prior to Strongholds.
  • Options
    gaillodargaillodar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I tried almost everything said, but nothing is working. Is there going to be a general solution for this problem or do we have to figure it out with trial and error.

I can tell you it is no fun at all XD
  • Options
    sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    miawuascht wrote: »
    yesterday it worked for me without all that sttings to be done...
    today it´s messed up. how is that possible?

Same here, last night was fun & wife's char was even on today before the update took place!!

But at least we now have updated graphics drivers :) [good old NVIDIA]

..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

• Options
    rajalarrajalar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Awesome! left it another few hours on the off chance todays patch, though not related, may jog it into life and guess what?
    Nothing.
    At All.
    Not even the launcher to patch with.

Looks like I'll be getting a few gigs HD space back
This discussion has been closed.