test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Graphics Client Crash Issue

Comments

• Options
    conjob110270conjob110270 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm on Windows 10. Before Stronghold update Neverwinter ran fine. No problem. Since update, I can't get on. Get the graphic client stopped working notice and can't get to the character log on screen.

I will try once a day for the next week. If I can't log on, I'll just uninstall and move on from the game.
  • Options
    tigerspawn1tigerspawn1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Will devs do something to compensate the players who have lost play time?
  • Options
    chevron14chevron14 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    So I have an interesting problem. Before when strongholds patch was installed it was working ok some disconnects but not many. Then you guys had a new patch 2 days later and ever since i get disconnected all the time. I cant be in game more than 5 min. Im wondering what the problem is. Another interesting thing is when i get disconnected from Neverwinter I also lose connection with Raid Call. AND ITS ON A DIFFERENT COMPUTER. It never happened before the patch on the 13th. Please help me figure this out.
  • Options
    davester61davester61 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Hey guys, when I tried the "-d3d11Enable 0" command line in Options for the login window, the game worked for me, but only after having gone into the game via Safe Mode and then resetting to the 800x600 Default Windowed setting while there. This may help some of yous in further access to the character selection screen, but I can't guarantee it will work for all who still are having the issue, but it's maybe worth a try, donchasthink? Cryptic still needs to UP their end of things and fix the issue(s) of compatability with the d3d11 drivers and such before this game dies on the vine.
  • Options
    mefxesmefxes Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Game was running fine after the safe mode, all video configs reset and reconfigured, except for the refresh rate, that wasn't, clearly, working as before. Lots of tearing due to 60hz, I use 85 for Neverwinter.

Since setting to 85hz wasn't working, I tried to change it to 100hz through gameprefs.pref and the game crashed again.

Being able to set the refresh above 60hz is a must. I will not play this at 60hz, I love my eyes and don't want to be blind due to a game.

EDIT:
    Not sure if matters, I believe it doesn't and it's only a NW problem since all other games work perfectly and this started right after the patch, but...

Win7
    Core I7 980X with 24GB RAM
    GTX970
    Game and system running from Kingston HyperX 3K SSD
    120hz 27inch screen

All temps are fine
    Post edited by mefxes on
  • Options
    beerdrinker4beerdrinker4 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    does anyone know how to upgrade ur graphics driver
  • Options
    bartoneds34giibartoneds34gii Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    > @zebular said:
    > bartoneds34gii wrote: »
    >
    > I have had some luck starting in safe mode with -d3d11Enable 0 in the command line. Takes a while to load. Using win 8.x Gonna try it now and see if it still works.
    >
    >
    >
    > bartoneds34gii wrote: »
    >
    > Yep. I'm at my charactyer screen. I did do a force verify some time ago but don't need to do it every time. I do hope they fix this soon so everyone can play.
    >
    >
    >
    > Just be clear, what OS are you on? Setting the game to run in compatibility mode for Win 8.x is what worked for you this time? Did you also have the command line entered in the launcher options and did you also do safe mode that time?

I'm using win 8.1. I tried a lot of things that didn't work then got it to work. at one poinr a tried the force verify but that didn't work. I got it to run by setting it to safe mode and putting -d3d11Enable 0 in the command line. It has stayed in the command line everytime I start it up so i don't have to re-enter it. I'm not a tech so I can't say exactly what got it to work. I'm new to Neverwinter so I don't know how common these problems are. I will say that even from the start (a few days before the stronghold release) I had to start in safe mode to get it to play.
  • Options
    ereeeec#1871 ereeeec Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Cryptic way to go on the new mod!!! Home run i love it..:)
  • Options
    fluffyhairballfluffyhairball Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Advanced Startup Parameters are not being used nor is Safe Mode.
    Windows 10 Pro
    x2 MSI GTX 980 4g Gamer Editions running in sli.
    I turned within my nvidia panel (driver 355.60 is being ran) for Manage 3D settings the same settings this guy is using: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDM_LehhfU8

I'm using ARC's Neverwinter desktop shortcut instead of Steam to run the game -- the shortcut has compatibility mode set to windows 7. After running the game and seeing my sli bar expand, I check all of my in-game settings and it's detecting Direct3d 11 and everything else is showing to be maxed out for the game.

The purpose for this post was to not brag but the fact that I wanted to show/share how I went from having to use the suggestions for fixing windows 10 lag at startup/in-game to not having to use them anymore.

Without compatibility being given for windows 7 mode on the shortcut icon that ARC Neverwinter install had put on my desktop, I lag, but with it on I no longer lag... it's weird but its currently working for me right now. :)

I hope this helps people that could still be having problems... The specs I showed above was intended to be informative on what its working on with these settings...

• Options
    thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Sadly, as a technologically deficient individual I did not follow whatever that guy was doing at the beginning.
  • Options
    estrillavonestrillavon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    zebular wrote: »
    zamouch wrote: »
    We believe this issue needs its own thread. The developers are currently aware and are actively working on a fix. In the meantime, here's a list of a few workarounds that other players have mentioned working for them.
    • Open options in the launcher at the top and type in -d3d9 or -d3d11Enable 0 into the Command Line. Close the launcher, open it again, then try launching the client.
    • Make sure to update all your graphics drivers.
    • In the launcher, click options at the top, click the Force Verify box and start the game in Safe Mode.
    • Once the loading screen has appeared, simply wait for a good 5 minutes without clicking anything.

man I hate to be mean, but we're <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> players not techies or engineers, and even if we were it's your job to find the fixes, not for us to waste 48h going all over internet to find a solution to your mess; this is really starting to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me off, do your job correctly. When we cash our CC in your stores we don't ask you to figure out the CVC on your own, even more we don't ask you to wait a couple days till we get money or find the right CVC. And the worst of it all is none of you said sorry, no official excuses, nothing at all, you're playing dumb wanting us to make the world believe it's all working fine, well guess what it's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> not.
    Instead of flying off the handle into a rant, you should go back and read the second sentence in Strum's post. For once you do, you may want to adjust your post and tone.

Are you kidding zebular, this should have been addressed pre launch AND if they are working on it why no updates!
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    We believe this issue needs its own thread. The developers are currently aware and are actively working on a fix. In the meantime, here's a list of a few workarounds that other players have mentioned working for them.
    • Open options in the launcher at the top and type in -d3d9 or -d3d11Enable 0 into the Command Line. Close the launcher, open it again, then try launching the client.
    • In the launcher, click options at the top, click the Force Verify box and start the game in Safe Mode.
    • Once the loading screen has appeared, simply wait for a good 5 minutes without clicking anything.

man I hate to be mean, but we're <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> players not techies or engineers, and even if we were it's your job to find the fixes, not for us to waste 48h going all over internet to find a solution to your mess; this is really starting to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me off, do your job correctly. When we cash our CC in your stores we don't ask you to figure out the CVC on your own, even more we don't ask you to wait a couple days till we get money or find the right CVC. And the worst of it all is none of you said sorry, no official excuses, nothing at all, you're playing dumb wanting us to make the world believe it's all working fine, well guess what it's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> not.
    Instead of flying off the handle into a rant, you should go back and read the second sentence in Strum's post. For once you do, you may want to adjust your post and tone.

Are you kidding zebular, this should have been addressed pre launch AND if they are working on it why no updates!
    Why would they comment here until they know they have a fix and when it would be released. Any answer they give will be met with anger and rage, and if they make the mistake of giving and eta and being wrong, they'll get torn apart and called liars. If I was them I'd sit at my terminal and stick to coding and ignore the forums.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

They said on another thread - fix is found, will be deployed next week. Sit tight.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    rekosmithrekosmith Member Posts: 1 New User
    guys please help me .. I still have freezing client ( LOADING ) ... I have windows 10 .. its was work with me but after last update its not work ...i read all of this comment but still not work nothing work here ... please guys help me .. ;)
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    kreatyve wrote: »

They said on another thread - fix is found, will be deployed next week. Sit tight.

That really needs to get edited into the first post here then. I'm glad they got it figured out. Do you have the link for that dev post? With no dev tracker it's hard to find them.

• Options
    cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    kreatyve wrote: »

As stated above... provide link, details, and/or edit into first post. I've spent the better part of an hour not finding this post. After spending about the same amount of time playing in a postage stamp sized low res window where stuff is so mashed together it's hard to decipher just to get invokes and professions set up, and crashing twice doing just that, I could use some hope... some refunded VIP... and months old tickets to be answered... ah, I guess I'm just being bitter right now. But after missing most of Mod 6, and now not being able to play Mod 7, AFTER dropping serious RL coin on it... I'm feeling a little justified in my bitterness.

Will this go into Test, or directly to Live? Details, please. Is there an intermediary fix we can apply directly, or is this only resolveable via patching of the game? I'm willing to test this, as I'm sure many others are.
  • Options
    dreampppdreamppp Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    next week? holy moses >.<
  • Options
    nickbittnickbitt Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    kretyve can yuo post link as to where they sadi fix has been found?
    They said on another thread - fix is found, will be deployed next week. Sit tight.[/quote]

• Options
    kythrizairkythrizair Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    While I'm hopeful that they did find the fix ... and that it will work ... it is more than a bit frustrating that we need to continue to wait for it to be deployed.
  • Options
    aiauszaiausz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Down grade your recent Graphics card driver it should work if not try lowering your screen resolution not the recommended resolution until you can change in game to directx9 for another reason maybe.
  • Options
    kingarthyrkingarthyr Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    If they found the fix, why would they wait until next week? That shows the players who can't get in that they (the players) mean absolutely nothing to Cryptic, which means all players mean nothing to Cryptic. I'm sorry, but with such a glaring issue, the fix should be immediate. We had 2 inanimateness this week, one to add this piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, the second for some honestly minor fixes, but for a major issue they're going to wait until next week? That smells like total bull to me, which is also why no one has responded from our requests for proof it was said.

Face it folks, it's just another Cryptic lie.
  • Options
    lady808lady808 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    So, for anyone that read my posts prior. I was having launcher issues rather than graphics issues. It just wouldn't go past "Patching" on the launcher. Quite unlike most everyone elses issues. I clicked on the test server (Owlbear) on the launcher on a lark and it started a 15+GB download. This took about 12 hours to do with my connection (which isn't a slow one). After it was done, I clicked on the Live server button on the launcher. This started ANOTHER 15+GB download. It also got done about 12 hours later. I clicked "Play" and I ran into the same graphics issue that everyone else was/is having. I used the Safemode and -d3d9 workaround that was posted. I managed to get into the game and reset all my graphics settings back to what they were (sort of as I can't remember 100% what it was at before). I'm now able to log in and play with the same efficiency as I could before.

So 24+hours later, 30+GB downloads later, and a whole LOT of messing around with graphics settings later... I can now play. As someone else stated before, it looked like the game just wasn't installed on my computer to the launcher. Which is odd because it's OBVIOUSLY there and was patched with mod7. Anyhoo... I hope this helps anyone else that might be having issues, or you can wait (and hope it works) for the patch going in next week (allegedly anyways).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you're going to ride my HAMSTER... At least pull my hair"
    Taking the trash out, one badguy at a time.
    "Satisfaction guaranteed or twice your trash back."
  • Options
    bartoneds34giibartoneds34gii Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Years ago an airline did some research and determined that when there was a flight delay and the airline kept the passengers updated (even when there was nothing new to tell them) the passengers were far less aggitated and far more satisfied than when the airline said nothing to the passengers other than that there was a delay. Game developers take notice.
  • Options
    so now there is a fix to this problem and it will fixed next week
  • Options
    ienfp0.jpg

Not sure if you're continuing to gather info, but this is one of the more common errors I'm receiving. Do you want the JIT debug logs?
  • Options
    hoppy52000hoppy52000 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    i jus rolled back to win 8.1 for time being, the safe mode fix should work on 8.1 til they upgrade for 10.

Also ppl consider win 10 JUST was widely released, I worked in tech support for Compaq/ hp for 20 yrs..it takes time to adapt to each new OP sys, and not every bame is compatible! they may even need to rewrite the main program and do a new ver. Also some types of graphics cards or machines become obsolete and will NOT function properly. Can't blame the dev's they can't anticipate or fix every compatibility issue before they see it happen

I know it sucks i have been unable to log in for 2 weeks but decided to just roll back you can always reload win 10 when drivers and a game fix are up
  • Options
    well if hey not going to fix it then they need to make it up up me then
  • Options
    hoppy52000 wrote: »
    i jus rolled back to win 8.1 for time being, the safe mode fix should work on 8.1 til they upgrade for 10.

Also ppl consider win 10 JUST was widely released, I worked in tech support for Compaq/ hp for 20 yrs..it takes time to adapt to each new OP sys, and not every bame is compatible! they may even need to rewrite the main program and do a new ver. Also some types of graphics cards or machines become obsolete and will NOT function properly. Can't blame the dev's they can't anticipate or fix every compatibility issue before they see it happen

I know it sucks i have been unable to log in for 2 weeks but decided to just roll back you can always reload win 10 when drivers and a game fix are up

Or, also consider it's not just a "win10 issue". Win7-10 are all affected. Not obsolete equipment - as many people are reporting hardware that is still in production and release.
This discussion has been closed.