test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strongholds Issues

Comments

• xzarsutekhxzarsutekh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Unfortunately I can't play the strongsholds region due to either FPS or LAG issues. With my computer setup I have no problems using the highest configuration possible in all other areas, but in the strongholds map I can hardly move.
  • lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Anyone else noticed that the AH seems to be bugged? Cant find certain items anymore like witchwood or , lesser bonding runestones or major stamina regeneration jewels, and i know that the ladder are in the AH, because i have have a couple of auctions running...
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    lirithiel wrote: »
    However, the last invoke tab now appears blank with some of the text right at the top of the screen...

Yes, I did notice that... forgot to report it. lol

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • frosticheartfrosticheart Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    This worked for me ... Deleted the Gameprefs.pref file, options, safe mode, windowed, and command line -d3d11Enabled 0 ... dont try fullscreen once in but max windowed works for me .. windows 7 64 bit , AMD graphics.
    see u in there
  • z7kingz7king Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I window 10 64 bit AMD grahics, nothing is working for me ?
    what is windowed ?
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    z7king wrote: »
    what is windowed ?

You change your graphic settings from, full screen to window mode, thats windowed.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    Removing prefs and safe mode plus force verify finally worked for me, thanks to jayaline for the idea!
  • merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I wasn't really hyped for strongholds because I knew this was gonna happen.
  • nickbittnickbitt Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    anyone even know if they are going to fix the issue ppl are having so we can actually get on game and play?
  • avengingangel36avengingangel36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    **A Dev Update would be nice** We already know it only works for some, but the majority are left wondering..
  • darkmagician2369darkmagician2369 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So is there gonna be a Fix for the Graphics Crash/Recovery issue? or are we pretending that it doesn't exist? At least say something..post an update, say something other then "we are working on a fix" anyway How did you not know this would happen..you guys have been working on this for months.. it worked on the test servers, i don't see what the problem is when you go to implement it on the actual servers.
  • cadwallendercadwallender Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I know how you all feel.

Updated everything even d/l win10. (10 is a whole different issue)

Finally got in, message "video card not supported", when has a "NVidia" 750 ti been unsupported?

Using "Razer" keyboard and mouse, during 3rd or 4th restart, update messages from "Win 10" and "Razer" and "NVidia".

Update all, now working as before Stronghold.

Good Luck, hope this helps!
    The Master Teaches:

"Every Attack Can Become a Defense"
    "Any Defense Can Be Made An Attack"

Lethalla L 60 "Stealth" TR

You Don't Hear the One With Your Name On It

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jim9311jim9311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    jamisarius wrote: »
    just my two cents; load hangs on first NeverWinter splash screen win 10, core i5 8Gig Ram all drivers up to date . . . .

AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.20 GHz, 8 GB RAM (7.47 usable) don't know what all that means but as of 8 am local time yesterday it meant i could play
    d21e4 wrote: »
    I feel obliged to say I'm among tens if not hundreds or thousands that cannot log into the character selection screen.

Although I assume my GeForce610M is not a high end of graphic cards by no means: it did work just fine all the time till yesterday patch. Sadly: I have reports that older graphic card DO start the game somehow

I dug out my old win 7 laptop with a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> graphics card and was able to get in. Poor quality and lag due to graphics card made game unplayable. but i got in
    I got it to work by doing this: under options click "Force Verify" and "Safe Mode" - (Which I always had to do anyway) - but also, i put d3d11Enable 0 into the command box.

Now my only problem is when i make it fullscreen or windows maximized, it has two black areas, one on each side... kinda like when you aren't watching a letterbox movie, but it's on a letterbox size TV, the picture only is in the middle and both sides are black yeah? Same thing with this.

I did manage to stretch the regular 'windowed' to fill both sides of the screen, but it just isn't the same as actual full screen. got taskbar on bottom and tabs on top and stuff, not cool...

Any help with that would be appreciated.
    ctsean wrote: »
    gildriador wrote: »
    parkerar wrote: »
    > @jayaline said:
    > I got it past the loading issue and it seems to be working fine now.
    > 1) Delete the Gameprefs.pref file (mine on Windows 7 is located at Program Files/Neverwinter_en/Neverwinter/Live/localdata).
    > 2) In the launcher, choose Options from the upper right-hand corner. Select Force Verify and Safe Mode. Login and let it run the force verify. It will open in windowed mode. I let it run as far as the character select screen, then had to log off for a bit because reasons. Logged back on, now it seems to work fine.

Thanks you, I tried this and the game is working now for me ...

For those who have 64 bits OS (Win7,8,8.1,10) the path of gameprefs.pref are in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\localdata

gildriador wrote: »
    parkerar wrote: »
    > @jayaline said:
    > I got it past the loading issue and it seems to be working fine now.
    > 1) Delete the Gameprefs.pref file (mine on Windows 7 is located at Program Files/Neverwinter_en/Neverwinter/Live/localdata).
    > 2) In the launcher, choose Options from the upper right-hand corner. Select Force Verify and Safe Mode. Login and let it run the force verify. It will open in windowed mode. I let it run as far as the character select screen, then had to log off for a bit because reasons. Logged back on, now it seems to work fine.

Thanks you, I tried this and the game is working now for me ...

For those who have 64 bits OS (Win7,8,8.1,10) the path of gameprefs.pref are in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\localdata

this totally didnt work for me

not going to startdeleting and tweaking my computer (i am a user not a techie) just to make the damn game work
  • zamouchzamouch Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    jim9311 wrote: »
    not going to startdeleting and tweaking my computer (i am a user not a techie) just to make the damn game work

that should be the way it's supposed to, I have an Nvidia M3100 working fine for all kind of games, sure it's not meant to be running games, but it's strong enough to handle lots of them, except this one, and only after this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up patch.
  • gallifreyan999gallifreyan999 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    This is the same error that some people (including me!) are getting whenever they try to alt-tab out to check other programs. So I can play, but I can't use teamspeak effectively, or do anything else really. Or accidentally hit the windows button when I'm trying to hit the alt button. :(

I found a way round this problem. When you get into the game, go to Options and under Display, change from fullscreen to windowed maximised. It looks exactly the same as fullscreen but you can ALT TAB out of it without the game crashing - or you can hover your mouse over the top right of the screen to reveal the mimimise and close buttons.

• bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    im in and playuing but everytime i que for a dugeon i get raid speak instead of pty and im solo with 4 other players that r in pty 1 thing i do that does work UNinstall does

• candispiritcandispirit Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I'm trying force verify and safe mode, now I have a new patch that's patching.

Open neverwinter before hitting play, click on options top right and check mark only force verify and safe mode. See if you have a new patch
  • bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    yes it took me an hour to patch then got in this happened lastnight and today
    I have a
    Chip Type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9997)
    DAC Type: Internal DAC (400MHz)
    Adapter String: AMD Radeon HD 8350G
    Bios Information: BR 44400 . bin

if you got any ideas I'm listening ? ? ?
  • webbigwebbig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    Game worked last night for me, then today starting getting Direct3D errors & crashes. Now I am locked out from the game (see attached image).

CrErr.jpg
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    BUG: Coffer is accepting Glory from me, yet I have none
    Coffer is accepting Glory from me, yet I have none...
    a8vDVwv.jpg

The "live" amount of Surplus gear, Shards, etc., has increased significantly (up to 10 times the amount required) as compared to the required amount that was on the preview server. Also, gear drops have been significantly reduced. Lake Supply Woes, as an example, drops NOTHING. Not even copper.

The amount of Gear, Shards, etc., needs to be reduced, at least for the first couple of levels on structures, and/or increase the amount of drops we get from fighting mobs.

AspMGBS.jpg

If you enter PvP from the Stronghold, when you're finished, it drops you back into Protector's Enclave. While it's a mild inconvenience, it should return you to the Stronghold.[/cyan]
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • buger4545buger4545 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have same issue on 2 out of 3 computers that my family uses for gaming got one of them to work after waiting for a few minutes at Neverwinter screen. Have tried the force verify on other 2 no luck.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    No idea if it's been reported, but the chat is bugged. It was like that on preview as well. Sentences are cutting out and words are missing instead of text going down to continue. For example -

27pay.jpg

It's extremely inconvinient, please fix it.

And don't get me started about the lagfest that is the SH map. Much laggier than PE, FPS drops down dramatically.
  • mrrb2000mrrb2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    i got it finally to work ; after installing neverwinter again, used safe mode, windowed and put in in the command line; -d3d11Enable 0.
    Only if you change the window to a bigger size in-game it will crash.(in character screen it won't crash
    [laptop windows 7 nvidia geforce card]
    I have a
    Chip Type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9997)
    DAC Type: Internal DAC (400MHz)
    Adapter String: AMD Radeon HD 8350G
    Bios Information: BR 44400 . bin

I have 5 drivers that are AMD HD 8350G, but none of them will let me in game ?

But if I use Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, driver I can get in game, but it looks very bad ! worst ever Lag !
    Not playable...

if you got any ideas I'm listening ? ? ?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    It's both sad and ironic that I've been able to play just fine on an unsupported OS like Windows 2000 and a seven-year-old laptop and people with newer systems cannot. I mean, DirectX 9.0c is ***stable***. How do they even get that wrong?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • dark10starletdark10starlet Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    rapcx1981 wrote: »
    This works for me.. i hope to u to:
    bluangeluk wrote: »
    Just for those who are at their wits end. I tried for 5 hours, everything imaginable to get in game last night. Force verify, safe mode, update graphics drivers, complete reinstall, deleted prefs files, restarted pc, -d3d11 in command line.

Elsewhere on the forums, someone indicated that they were successful with "-d3d11Enable 0" in the command line of the launcher.
    I tried that this morning and finally... here I am in Protector's Enclave. It has also worked for another person in my guild. I am sure a genuine fix will be available as soon as they can figure one out.

Just to clarify i use "-d3d11Enable 0" on command line, and select "safe mode" and unmark "Full Screen".

This worked for me.