Install Arc

Strongholds Issues

Comments

• harleysevensharleysevens Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    kate932015 wrote: »
    tousseau wrote: »
    why did they even do a new mod in the first place

Don't get discouraged... Mod 8 will be out in 3 months...

why are the torturing us like this

They're just slowly deleting their game by updating it
  • thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »
    why did they even do a new mod in the first place

Don't get discouraged... Mod 8 will be out in 3 months...

why are the torturing us like this

Because they think it's funny!

• jjjjbbbb7777jjjjbbbb7777 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Seems to me some testing and quality control could identify problems before deployment, like THE GAME DOESN'T WORK AT ALL!
  • temjiutemjiu Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    the thing that puzzles me is why they started @ 6am. Maintenance is best done during the night. especially with a big patch, you want extra time to make sure things are smooth. 12 is when I usually start MW, but I've gone as early as 9pm for big updates. that way you have all night to fix it if things go south. instead of starting at 6am, which is 9am EST...allot of people in europe are just getting home form work at that time.

I mean...if they had started at 9pm last night, even with the current time it took them they would have been done at 3. and they could have opened the servers at a time when there weren't peak traffic on them, and they could have had and extra 3 hours to work out bugs before it even hit 6am. instead, they dropped a patch and turned the servers on smack dab in the middle of peak traffic time, and were still updating things while thousands of players were loading into the new zones....you pretty much are asking for this kinds of results at that point.

I'm not going to debase anyone who makes these decisions, but seriously guys...there's a reason most other companies do their maintenance at night. Just a recommendation from someone who has to do similar stuff to this, and has seen both bad and good approaches to network Maintenance. This is an example of a bad one.
  • sturtussturtus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Black screen after Cryptic load screen. Not even going to bother until they fix it then... maybe come back and have a look.

7-8 weeks ago I started looking for a new game, why? Mod 6 destroyed the toons I had built up with a combination of grind and $$$, reducing all of my input to that of someone who had played for 2 months. I had built up 2 toons in mod 6 to near BIS but the removal (lack) of content was the end of it for me. I still log in briefly daily to catch up with guild friends etc. but gaming? Well the development path taken, and it's execution, has ruined what was once the best game I had played.

I was looking forward to Strongholds and potentially coming back to what was for years my favourite game. This result on day 1 of a new mod release - after preview shard testing - is indicative of the player experience for some time now, and yet another nail in the coffin.

I would recommend looking through your transaction records history and seeing how many long-time PAYING players like me you have lost recently and the ongoing revenue that has been lost because of the choices you, Cryptic, have made.
  • time2011time2011 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    hopefully tomorrow evening when I get back from work this will be better or at least allow me to log in-.-
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Have drops been nerfed? Just spent a couple hours in IWD, and in a party of 5, we ended up with 3 pieces of green gear.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • z7kingz7king Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Cant get in the game? The whole day wasted on trying to get in to the new mod that no one can get in to, thanks Arc. Why cant you just leave a good thing the way it is ?
  • anryugyoanryugyo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    jayaline wrote: »
    I got it past the loading issue and it seems to be working fine now.
    1) Delete the Gameprefs.pref file (mine on Windows 7 is located at Program Files/Neverwinter_en/Neverwinter/Live/localdata).
    2) In the launcher, choose Options from the upper right-hand corner. Select Force Verify and Safe Mode. Login and let it run the force verify. It will open in windowed mode. I let it run as far as the character select screen, then had to log off for a bit because reasons. Logged back on, now it seems to work fine.

Good luck.

Gods bless the Devs who thought to put and keep Safe Mode in the launcher! I followed Jayaline's directions and am back up and running. (Running Windows 10 with Nvidia graphics drivers)
  • chaospimpchaospimp Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    windows 7 and latest driver update its still acting up
    they messed up the game for me and a whole lot of players same as they screwed up Star Trek
  • rapcx1981rapcx1981 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    anryugyo wrote: »
    1) Delete the Gameprefs.pref file (mine on Windows 7 is located at Program Files/Neverwinter_en/Neverwinter/Live/localdata).
    2) In the launcher, choose Options from the upper right-hand corner. Select Force Verify and Safe Mode. Login and let it run the force verify. It will open in windowed mode. I let it run as far as the character select screen, then had to log off for a bit because reasons. Logged back on, now it seems to work fine.

Good luck.

Gods bless the Devs who thought to put and keep Safe Mode in the launcher! I followed Jayaline's directions and am back up and running. (Running Windows 10 with Nvidia graphics drivers)

TEsted on a Windows 8.1 64 bit Desktop... Not working... :(

• kate932015kate932015 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    has anyone heard anything new about the updates and when they will be fixed
  • lievcocijolievcocijo Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Tesselation not supported, skipping domain shader creation.

same error and crash right before char selection screen; reported about this since the launch of the previous mod; missing visual FX, AoE and Damagered circle markers missing; not being able to start the game unless in safe mode; now even when launching in safe mode it seems to be trying to fullscreen, then black, then crash

the launcher has a command console, all we might need is a string that forced the game to remain windowed at least and then fullscreen once it has rendered, FFS
  • wyckedstudioswyckedstudios Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    I can get on with my laptops. So, at least I can do professions....but they lag too much to actually play. Still can't get on with my desktop.
  • tank42onytank42ony Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    iv now tryed installing re installing neverwinter on 2 separate pcs and i get to the loading screen and it freezzes and says display driver has stoped responding drivers are all up to date and iv tryed all the quick fixes listed here as well as waiting for over and hour for it to load
  • parkerarparkerar Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @revenantpt said:
    >

Same here! Always stuck at splash screen and all is up to date. I am a new player looking to check this out...must say not impressed so far!
  • parkerarparkerar Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @jayaline said:
    > I got it past the loading issue and it seems to be working fine now.
    > 1) Delete the Gameprefs.pref file (mine on Windows 7 is located at Program Files/Neverwinter_en/Neverwinter/Live/localdata).
    > 2) In the launcher, choose Options from the upper right-hand corner. Select Force Verify and Safe Mode. Login and let it run the force verify. It will open in windowed mode. I let it run as far as the character select screen, then had to log off for a bit because reasons. Logged back on, now it seems to work fine.
    >
    > Good luck.

This worked for me! Thank you now I can see what its all about.
  • oglindoglind Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    Ok, let me be perfectly clear about my gpu. It is brand new as of today, the 11th of August, 2015. UPS lady delivered it around 10:30 this morning. It's an MSI GeForce 980 GTX Gaming 4GB 256 bit GDDR5. Hardly the best GPU, but an upgrade for me. I am sure my drivers are up to date for it too. For good measure I checked using IObit driver booster scan, and then geforce experience to triple check driver accuracy. My GPU and its drivers are up to date.
    Fix this huge steaming pile of dog poo you've dumped on us. This is unacceptable by any measures
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." — George Carlin

"Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck." — George Carlin
  • anryugyoanryugyo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    anryugyo wrote: »

Good luck.

That was on my older Alienware Laptop, going to try it on my new quad-core 64 bit desktop and see if it works. DON'T FORGET to do step one, safe mode alone will not work!
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    The people with the 1200 secs stuff do you have on demand patching still on? Just a guess the only time I've seen that message is with it on, and if the server is being hit with a bunch of people trying to get that data at once.....
  • frosticheartfrosticheart Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    Same as Roensilvertree. Updated all drivers (ie... windows 7, AMD, Realtek) Get black screen after 1-2seconds of the Neverwinter logo screen. Touch any key get graphic error. Not happy, NW withdrawl and missed invoke xp, coins, and AD. 15 hours and counting...
  • formykkaformykka Member Posts: 7 Arc User

Good luck.

This did work for me. After getting in I readjusted all my settings and exited the game again to see if it was a consistent fix. Back to receiving errors and unable to start game.
    This will get you into the game but it may not be a permanent fix for the problem.
  • lievcocijolievcocijo Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    After doing half attempts lately eded up with one working solution: the delete gamePrefs file and enable safe mode and force verify; and waiting for about 15 minutues for the splash screen to move on; will see how long it holds

edit: also had -d3d9 command string on the launcher command console

edit2: tried leaving the game at windowed mode and restarted since it looked all blurry, back to crashes -.- gonna repeat the same process

edit3: finally namaged to start the game in a stable manner, seems to be an issue with the gamePrefs file or some unlooked bit in ForceVerify and SafeMode
    Post edited by lievcocijo on
  • syrthumbrellsyrthumbrell Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The game worked fine until the latest patch. I got the same crash when trying to load the Preview server after its patch. It is a Cryptic issue, not the players issue.
    same here couldn't play on the test server and now can't play at all unless I use an old computer that can barely keep up with the game. i keep getting graphics driver crashed and has recovered. was really looking forward to strongholds but seems like that's not going to happen anytime soon.

• catsie414catsie414 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    I can't seem to get into the game without safe mode checked and fullscreen unchecked. If either of those aren't as I stated, I get to the Neverwinter screen, then it crashes. The game looks like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but I can get in. I'm really hoping they fix this problem fast.
  • hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    It seems to be a dev error with drivers, after the update. Thats why only plder cards and safe mode are working. Its a problem with the "lighting"
  • zemnodzemnod Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I am so dissapointed. First we get to wait 10 hours for maintenance and after that we are unable to play at all.. I gave up yesterday just to come back today hoping it'll be fixed.. Still nothing.
    Petrichor DC - Ailora GWF - Zemnod TR - Petrisalt HR - Vailana CW - Seline OP
    <Saints of Hope>