test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strongholds Issues

Comments

• Options
    darkmagician2369darkmagician2369 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So is there gonna be a Fix for the Graphics Crash/Recovery issue? or are we pretending that it doesn't exist? At least say something..post an update, say something other then "we are working on a fix" anyway How did you not know this would happen..you guys have been working on this for months.. it worked on the test servers, i don't see what the problem is when you go to implement it on the actual servers.
  • Options
    cadwallendercadwallender Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I know how you all feel.

Updated everything even d/l win10. (10 is a whole different issue)

Finally got in, message "video card not supported", when has a "NVidia" 750 ti been unsupported?

Using "Razer" keyboard and mouse, during 3rd or 4th restart, update messages from "Win 10" and "Razer" and "NVidia".

Update all, now working as before Stronghold.

Good Luck, hope this helps!
    The Master Teaches:

"Every Attack Can Become a Defense"
    "Any Defense Can Be Made An Attack"

Lethalla L 60 "Stealth" TR

You Don't Hear the One With Your Name On It

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jim9311jim9311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    jamisarius wrote: »
    just my two cents; load hangs on first NeverWinter splash screen win 10, core i5 8Gig Ram all drivers up to date . . . .

AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.20 GHz, 8 GB RAM (7.47 usable) don't know what all that means but as of 8 am local time yesterday it meant i could play
  • Options
    d21e4 wrote: »
    I feel obliged to say I'm among tens if not hundreds or thousands that cannot log into the character selection screen.

Although I assume my GeForce610M is not a high end of graphic cards by no means: it did work just fine all the time till yesterday patch. Sadly: I have reports that older graphic card DO start the game somehow

I dug out my old win 7 laptop with a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> graphics card and was able to get in. Poor quality and lag due to graphics card made game unplayable. but i got in
  • Options
    I got it to work by doing this: under options click "Force Verify" and "Safe Mode" - (Which I always had to do anyway) - but also, i put d3d11Enable 0 into the command box.

Now my only problem is when i make it fullscreen or windows maximized, it has two black areas, one on each side... kinda like when you aren't watching a letterbox movie, but it's on a letterbox size TV, the picture only is in the middle and both sides are black yeah? Same thing with this.

I did manage to stretch the regular 'windowed' to fill both sides of the screen, but it just isn't the same as actual full screen. got taskbar on bottom and tabs on top and stuff, not cool...

Any help with that would be appreciated.
    ctsean wrote: »
    gildriador wrote: »
    parkerar wrote: »
    > @jayaline said:
    > I got it past the loading issue and it seems to be working fine now.
    > 1) Delete the Gameprefs.pref file (mine on Windows 7 is located at Program Files/Neverwinter_en/Neverwinter/Live/localdata).
    > 2) In the launcher, choose Options from the upper right-hand corner. Select Force Verify and Safe Mode. Login and let it run the force verify. It will open in windowed mode. I let it run as far as the character select screen, then had to log off for a bit because reasons. Logged back on, now it seems to work fine.

Thanks you, I tried this and the game is working now for me ...

For those who have 64 bits OS (Win7,8,8.1,10) the path of gameprefs.pref are in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\localdata

> @jayaline said:
    > 1) Delete the Gameprefs.pref file (mine on Windows 7 is located at Program Files/Neverwinter_en/Neverwinter/Live/localdata).
    > 2) In the launcher, choose Options from the upper right-hand corner. Select Force Verify and Safe Mode. Login and let it run the force verify. It will open in windowed mode. I let it run as far as the character select screen, then had to log off for a bit because reasons. Logged back on, now it seems to work fine.

Thanks you, I tried this and the game is working now for me ...

For those who have 64 bits OS (Win7,8,8.1,10) the path of gameprefs.pref are in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\localdata

this totally didnt work for me

not going to startdeleting and tweaking my computer (i am a user not a techie) just to make the damn game work
  • Options
    zamouchzamouch Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    jim9311 wrote: »
    not going to startdeleting and tweaking my computer (i am a user not a techie) just to make the damn game work

that should be the way it's supposed to, I have an Nvidia M3100 working fine for all kind of games, sure it's not meant to be running games, but it's strong enough to handle lots of them, except this one, and only after this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up patch.
  • Options
    gallifreyan999gallifreyan999 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    This is the same error that some people (including me!) are getting whenever they try to alt-tab out to check other programs. So I can play, but I can't use teamspeak effectively, or do anything else really. Or accidentally hit the windows button when I'm trying to hit the alt button. :(

I found a way round this problem. When you get into the game, go to Options and under Display, change from fullscreen to windowed maximised. It looks exactly the same as fullscreen but you can ALT TAB out of it without the game crashing - or you can hover your mouse over the top right of the screen to reveal the mimimise and close buttons.

• Options
    bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    im in and playuing but everytime i que for a dugeon i get raid speak instead of pty and im solo with 4 other players that r in pty 1 thing i do that does work UNinstall does

• Options
    candispiritcandispirit Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I'm trying force verify and safe mode, now I have a new patch that's patching.

Open neverwinter before hitting play, click on options top right and check mark only force verify and safe mode. See if you have a new patch
  • Options
    bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    yes it took me an hour to patch then got in this happened lastnight and today
  • Options
    z7kingz7king Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I have a
    Chip Type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9997)
    DAC Type: Internal DAC (400MHz)
    Adapter String: AMD Radeon HD 8350G
    Bios Information: BR 44400 . bin

if you got any ideas I'm listening ? ? ?
  • Options
    webbigwebbig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    Game worked last night for me, then today starting getting Direct3D errors & crashes. Now I am locked out from the game (see attached image).

CrErr.jpg
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    BUG: Coffer is accepting Glory from me, yet I have none
    Coffer is accepting Glory from me, yet I have none...
    a8vDVwv.jpg

The "live" amount of Surplus gear, Shards, etc., has increased significantly (up to 10 times the amount required) as compared to the required amount that was on the preview server. Also, gear drops have been significantly reduced. Lake Supply Woes, as an example, drops NOTHING. Not even copper.

The amount of Gear, Shards, etc., needs to be reduced, at least for the first couple of levels on structures, and/or increase the amount of drops we get from fighting mobs.

AspMGBS.jpg

If you enter PvP from the Stronghold, when you're finished, it drops you back into Protector's Enclave. While it's a mild inconvenience, it should return you to the Stronghold.[/cyan]
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    buger4545buger4545 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have same issue on 2 out of 3 computers that my family uses for gaming got one of them to work after waiting for a few minutes at Neverwinter screen. Have tried the force verify on other 2 no luck.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    No idea if it's been reported, but the chat is bugged. It was like that on preview as well. Sentences are cutting out and words are missing instead of text going down to continue. For example -

27pay.jpg

It's extremely inconvinient, please fix it.

And don't get me started about the lagfest that is the SH map. Much laggier than PE, FPS drops down dramatically.
  • Options
    mrrb2000mrrb2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    i got it finally to work ; after installing neverwinter again, used safe mode, windowed and put in in the command line; -d3d11Enable 0.
    Only if you change the window to a bigger size in-game it will crash.(in character screen it won't crash
    [laptop windows 7 nvidia geforce card]
  • Options
    z7kingz7king Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I have a
    Chip Type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9997)
    DAC Type: Internal DAC (400MHz)
    Adapter String: AMD Radeon HD 8350G
    Bios Information: BR 44400 . bin

I have 5 drivers that are AMD HD 8350G, but none of them will let me in game ?

But if I use Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, driver I can get in game, but it looks very bad ! worst ever Lag !
    Not playable...

if you got any ideas I'm listening ? ? ?
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    It's both sad and ironic that I've been able to play just fine on an unsupported OS like Windows 2000 and a seven-year-old laptop and people with newer systems cannot. I mean, DirectX 9.0c is ***stable***. How do they even get that wrong?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    dark10starletdark10starlet Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    rapcx1981 wrote: »
    This works for me.. i hope to u to:
    bluangeluk wrote: »
    Just for those who are at their wits end. I tried for 5 hours, everything imaginable to get in game last night. Force verify, safe mode, update graphics drivers, complete reinstall, deleted prefs files, restarted pc, -d3d11 in command line.

Elsewhere on the forums, someone indicated that they were successful with "-d3d11Enable 0" in the command line of the launcher.
    I tried that this morning and finally... here I am in Protector's Enclave. It has also worked for another person in my guild. I am sure a genuine fix will be available as soon as they can figure one out.

Just to clarify i use "-d3d11Enable 0" on command line, and select "safe mode" and unmark "Full Screen".

This worked for me.
  • Options
    doumweielledoumweielle Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    wtf? iv'e tried every option listed here and nothing works not one dame option, you all have seriously screwed up this time like really bad... my husband cant even get in the game he has been at this for 11 hours now with no progress ... this is straight BS. part of your paying members cant even get into the game and what are you all doing about it nothing not one damn thing.. you don't even have the decency to update us on what ur doing to fix this major issue. after all the damn money we have put into this game you cant even let us know if your working on it? if ur even reading all 8 pages filled with people having the same problem as us? the least u could do is respond to us... im sick of this, ive looked over twitter the arc forums facebook no one has responded to any of us... what u need to do is shut server down again and fix it right this time its BS that part of ur paying players can get in and the other half of ur paying players cant... I have not been this angrey in a long while
  • Options
    jefrey27jefrey27 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @jayaline said:

works for me thanks!

• Options
    yckebyckeb Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    So hubbys old laptop works just fine but my 4 months old desktop can not get in at all yes everything is uptodate I checked everything. Yes I deleted the game and reinstalled yes I tried safe mode and force verify. I get to the neverwinter graphic and can not go past it. Are we just being ignored now or what?
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    And another thing to add, the game feels really sluggish when i start it up, i have to alt+tab between desktop and game to get it going normal... too many snails crawling all over the server?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    gyurikahugyurikahu Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    http://fastupload.rol.ro/13d0f13bee45873faa836e2c85b56460.html Display driver crashed on loading screen after one with cryptic logo. I'm on Windows 10, and my drivers are all up to date.
  • Options
    beargarbeargar Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I can't believe their not even giving any clues to what the time frame is to fixing it or anything like that just straight up ignoring all the post. I understand that telling us a time frame ect will not make it go any faster but anything at this point would be nice. I have delt with patching issues from 10+ years of SOE eq1 and eq2 but they would at least give a heads up. When you have 1000's+ users bitching about a legit problem the least you can do is reply. But i Know they dont have a care at all how pissed we are not in the least i can promise you that, why should they people will continue to try and try and try to reload until one hour,day maybe a week it will work and after a few days of playing it won't matter. The right thing to do is absolutly test and retest and do everything they can before they launch. Im sure to them the best way to test is to launch, kinda like what big pharma does then deal with the aftermath. But still I WANT TO PLAY MY DAMN GAME I HAVE PUT 100s INTO PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    People who know me will tell you I have a ton of patience. This last mod has pushed me past my limit!! The last mod prior to Strongholds still hasn't had all the bugs worked out. Months later I can only log in using Safe Mode, and sometimes that won't work. So instead of fixing the problems with the last mod, just release another one that causes all sorts of issues. Try this code, nope dosen't work, how about this code, nope doesn't work either. Why are the customers jumping through hoops to make a bad product work? Why are Cryptic/PWE releasing mods that cause so much heartache for their customers. Are these mods ever tested before they are released, if they are they need a new testing system. Will the bugs/issues from Elemental Evil and Strongholds be fixed before the next mod is released? The track record says no they will not! Sorry for the rant, but this is pathetic!!
  • Options
    dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    mynaam wrote: »

have you tried -d3d11Enable 0
    charononus wrote: »
    Very odd. my card is an 860m and had no problems. The six hundreds are in the age bracket I've heard were having problems. How far back did are you hearing about older cards working and have you tried -d3d11Enable 0 passed to the client?

Well the older card which works and starts the game is GeForce 450 GTS from my friends old PC. Funnily enough: it's drivers were NOT updated in way over a year and still works. That being said: game looks like from times of Atari on it :P

I've tried -d3d11Enable 0 method. The only visible result is that window informing of game client crash does not pop-up, but character screen still does not appear even after 40min wait. It just gets stuck on the loading screen.

I'm worried as there seems to be no trace of admins reacting to issue in serious way for now >_>
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • Options
    fariznofarizno Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    **A Dev Update would be nice** We already know it only works for some, but the majority are left wondering..

Agreed!
  • Options
    lightning0345lightning0345 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i dont think i need to upgrade my drivers ive been playing since mod 5..this is the first time i encounter this
  • Options
    hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    I think what has been going on is that dev are updating there work in one department with certin graphic peramiters and others are not. That's why some people can log in just fine and others can not. I just ran 3d311enable 0, and I got a debug report. It says the game is "missing core files that are need to run it and windows suggest you re-install the game" I am doing this now. I have a feeling that somebody forgot upload some driver commpatabilaty updates with there masterfile.