Install Arc

Strongholds Issues

Comments

• bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    FEEEELLLLL the love <3<3<3
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    BUG: Stuck in a "Hole"
    In the northeast part of the map, just south of the half-bridge (coordinates 4099, 5323) is a "hole" between the rocks and the invisible wall. It is easy enough to fall into, but takes the "Abort Quest" to get out of it.

Wqdcclr.jpg
    MnD3XOJ.jpg

BUG: Final Invoke Window is Blank
    Final invoke window is blank.
    pN0bhqU.jpg
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • aimeyiraimeyir Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Well, had the same problem, crash after Neverwinter splash screen.
    1. Updated Windows, restarted computer. Nope.
    2. Updated graphics drivers. Nope.
    3. Updated Direct X. Nope.
    4. Uninstalled and reinstalled Arc client. Nope.
    5. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Nope.
    6. Tried "force verify" and "safe mode". Nope.

Well, since I can't play, devs, could you at least allow leadership in gateway again so I can keep up somewhat until this fiasco is fixed? For those of you who can get in to play, consider yourself lucky. :'(
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    I could get in, and I went into ECC, Valindra dungeon. It was laggy. Valindra was so bad, that I could'nt even play it properly, It was like a slideshow. Even with lesser heroics I got issues. It was fine before yesterday, and it is reaaally annoying. Maybe it's just the higher demand on servers due to the mod just came out, but with all the people who cant get in, it's obvious, some very bad mistakes was done with Stronghold.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • egnigemegnigem Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    Here's my two cents:

Forget the Arc client, open the game through the neverwinter.exe, located in the "neverwinter" folder in your c/program files(<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>)/Perfect World Entertainment/. Then, in the login screen go to options and run the game in safe mode or uncheck the full screen option (just to be safe, you just need to do this once).

This is working for me in windows 8 and 10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Dunno if this helps but for a tenth of a second when the game tries to load it
    goes back to the desktop and the bottom left corner mentions "shade loaders"
    and I think a countdown clock. Then it goes back to the black screen forever.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • leafayeleafaye Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Greetings Neverwinter crew & thank you!

Well, something nice has to be said of a game whose advanced update still hasn't locked out someone using a 9 year-old 1.5gig memory Thinkpad R60e and is slugging it out toe to toe with monsters and baddies solo all the way to lvl 49 now (!!! YEAHHH) even though the movement and action is kinda jerky and I need lots of gas -- er, portions to put a boss away. With all this wear and tear going solo, one day I just have to apply to a guid tho'! :)

Take well & care and great work NW crew!

Leafa(ye)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    [*] VIP Rank 12 on Gateway still has posting fee.

Gateway doesn't recognize VIP status at all, just like it's never been able to boost character XP from Leadership based on player equipment (since it doesn't "know" what you're wearing), and grants no XP to a companion that would be summoned in-game. What I'm getting at is that it doesn't grant profession XP boosts either; gotta collect your tasks in-game.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sithlordgoofysithlordgoofy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    ive have tried "arc launcher" and uninstalled it,also tryed with the "steam launcher" and got the driver error{hd grapic driver stopped responding and recovered} I have updated ALL my drivers and still the same issue ! I also tried " force verify and safe mode} still the same issue ,I know its not my comp. because ive only had it 4 days its new, its the game patch I had the same problem befor when they put in mod 6, I would like to be able to get the patches one of these times without problems, I hope fixs are being done and not take days like with mod 6
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    fanattick wrote: »
    Try changing your in-game display settings to windowed mode.

We are saying we are not in the game. How do you do that from launcher?
    Upper right side. Small list of links in red. One says "Options".

Be aware that hitting "Save" for your choices doesn't actually save them for next time.
    You have input all your choices each time you're about to hit Play.

I would recommend "Safe Mode" to get your Leadership tasks and prayers done.
    But I'm not actually going to play or pay for Zen with the graphics so messed up
    (and all the new bugs).

[People are confusing the game's Safe Mode with Windows Safe Mode. We mean the game's.]

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
    Bug - AH search settings are defaulting incorrectly
    See my explanation in linked thread.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1200357/ah-bugged-search-not-working-for-some-items

Neverwinter Census 2017

• merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Is anyone else receiving another patch? because I am right now.
  • harleysevensharleysevens Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    This is literally the worst update I have ever seen in any game
    BUG: Master of Coin
    The Master of Coins is still offering my GWF some nifty "Raid Robes"...[/red]

That's not a bug, it's just not dynamically generated text. She shows everyone the same thing.

Neverwinter Census 2017

Have drops been nerfed? Just spent a couple hours in IWD, and in a party of 5, we ended up with 3 pieces of green gear.

Now that you mention it, I notice a lot fewer gear drops when partied than when solo, but this is also true of content prior to Strongholds. I use round robin loot rules so I have no clue what anyone else is getting.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• coldcanukcoldcanuk Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    To everyone that is complaining about crashing on entering. If it is actually telling you it crashed, then yes you have an issue. If it is just getting stuck after the cryptic screen and going nowhere... then it is not crashing! It has, for the last few Mods/Expansions done this. Wait it out and it works. I had to leave it for 5 minutes till it finally took me into the game. This only happens ONCE and does not happen after the initial load of the new content.

Patience is the key here folks. Until the Devs figure out how to prevent this from happening, we will probably see it on every new mod/expansion from now on. Like I said... its been happening for a few major Updates since Tiamat came in I think.
    Maybe with this large patch im receiving atm, the game will start working again...btw is anyone else getting this patch besides me?
    If you enter PvP from the Stronghold, when you're finished, it drops you back into Protector's Enclave. While it's a mild inconvenience, it should return you to the Stronghold.[/cyan]

That's because the Stronghold instance closed due to being left vacant. Same thing would happen if you were in a dungeon or skirmish.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Indeed folks, please do pay attention to this.
    coldcanuk wrote: »
    To everyone that is complaining about crashing on entering. If it is actually telling you it crashed, then yes you have an issue. If it is just getting stuck after the cryptic screen and going nowhere... then it is not crashing! It has, for the last few Mods/Expansions done this. Wait it out and it works. I had to leave it for 5 minutes till it finally took me into the game. This only happens ONCE and does not happen after the initial load of the new content.

Patience is the key here folks. Until the Devs figure out how to prevent this from happening, we will probably see it on every new mod/expansion from now on. Like I said... its been happening for a few major Updates since Tiamat came in I think.
    I'll highlight what needs to be understood: "If it is actually telling you it crashed, then yes you have an issue. If it is just getting stuck after the cryptic screen and going nowhere... then it is not crashing! It has, for the last few Mods/Expansions done this. Wait it out and it works. I had to leave it for 5 minutes till it finally took me into the game. This only happens ONCE and does not happen after the initial load of the new content."

If it is crashing, you'll see a message stating such. If you just see a black or loading screen, do be patient while the game client relocates game files. This process will take longer or shorter depending on the size of the patch and the quality and speed of your system.

Just to add to this, it's only a display bug. Rewards are still granted. It actually looks like the display has flown off the top of my screen, as the text regarding when I can start the invoke cycle again appears near the top of my screen rather than at the bottom of the invoke UI.

Neverwinter Census 2017

zebular, my screen loads past the black screen with cryptic in bold letters. it gets to the "loading material files screen", then it goes whit, and then it goes black and stays that way.
  • swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    coldcanuk wrote: »

Why not figure it out first, fix it, then release it? Now that would be a quality product that people enjoy instead of what they have been releasing lately!

• zandanazandana Member Posts: 1 New User
    Just tried to log in, I,m having the same problem not getting pass the splash screen. using Win 10 and my graphics card is up to date.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited August 2015

Just to add to this, it's only a display bug. Rewards are still granted. It actually looks like the display has flown off the top of my screen, as the text regarding when I can start the invoke cycle again appears near the top of my screen rather than at the bottom of the invoke UI.

Good catch. Screenshot added.

VZqkPsK.jpg
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • kate932015kate932015 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    How long was the wait for the last mod 6 update, are we looking at couple days or a couple weeks
    My game is patching at the moment. maybe it'll work..
  • deryuzblackderyuzblack Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same here. I try everything the other users told me to do, but does not work... every step foward is two steps back.
    I solved the "Fatal Error:..." I solved the Crashes in the games (I do the first Dungeon 4 times "*·#"@") and now this...
    I dont know, if I go ahead I might find more errors or bugs I will uninstall it... :/
  • dackfayden2dackfayden2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I can't patch the game, it crashes when it shows the "Patching.." on the bar. Have some way to patch it manually?
    Hwk5yTY.png