test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strongholds Issues

Comments

• Options
    enaidissenaidiss Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Having the same problem as everyone else. Display driver crashes, screen turn black, unresponsive. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, updated drivers and to no avail. Other guild mates are having the same issues.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User

It feels like the NPCs get a nickel every time they say "adventurer". It's like talking to Harper Boward and her constant use of "The Cult of the Dragon..."

Obviously not game-breaking, but it's super annoying.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I feel obliged to say I'm among tens if not hundreds or thousands that cannot log into the character selection screen.

Although I assume my GeForce610M is not a high end of graphic cards by no means: it did work just fine all the time till yesterday patch. Sadly: I have reports that older graphic card DO start the game somehow

So just to be specific:
    1. My graphic card drivers are most up to date possible ones and I've took liberty to double-check it
    2. Safe mode does not help
    3. Window mode does not help
    4. Waiting and not pushing any button does not help (least waiting for 80+min did not help)
    5. Forced check of files, did not help.

I think this case should be addressed as most urgent one and most major one. After all: not possible access to game at all is much worse than any 'in game' bug.

I've been playing NWO since early beta and there never was such crucial problem so I feel greatly disappointed in current development team. From point of view of computer based projects worker (ok, Highway designs this case) I cannot shake the feeling that in any strict company person responsible for such massive blunder would immediately loose the job :(

Either way: I really hope the case will be resolved! Unlike many NWO players I was actually really looking forward to Strongholds expansion and feel really sad being unable to play NWO at all due to it.

With best regard
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    d21e4 wrote: »
    I feel obliged to say I'm among tens if not hundreds or thousands that cannot log into the character selection screen.

Although I assume my GeForce610M is not a high end of graphic cards by no means: it did work just fine all the time till yesterday patch. Sadly: I have reports that older graphic card DO start the game somehow

So just to be specific:
    1. My graphic card drivers are most up to date possible ones and I've took liberty to double-check it
    4. Waiting and not pushing any button does not help (least waiting for 80+min did not help)

I think this case should be addressed as most urgent one and most major one. After all: not possible access to game at all is much worse than any 'in game' bug.

I've been playing NWO since early beta and there never was such crucial problem so I feel greatly disappointed in current development team. From point of view of computer based projects worker (ok, Highway designs this case) I cannot shake the feeling that in any strict company person responsible for such massive blunder would immediately loose the job :(

Either way: I really hope the case will be resolved! Unlike many NWO players I was actually really looking forward to Strongholds expansion and feel really sad being unable to play NWO at all due to it.

With best regard

have you tried -d3d11Enable 0
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    sharonious_rebelsharonious_rebel Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    So I selected a character, the game started to load and I adjusted my volume from my keyboard. The Neverwinter screen minimised. Unusual, but not unheard of. (...) The screen wouldn't maximise and eventually gave me the following pop up error: "Unable to find required game data files. If this problem persists, reinstalling the application may fix the situation."

This is the same error that some people (including me!) are getting whenever they try to alt-tab out to check other programs. So I can play, but I can't use teamspeak effectively, or do anything else really. Or accidentally hit the windows button when I'm trying to hit the alt button. :(
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    d21e4 wrote: »

So just to be specific:

With best regard
    Very odd. my card is an 860m and had no problems. The six hundreds are in the age bracket I've heard were having problems. How far back did are you hearing about older cards working and have you tried -d3d11Enable 0 passed to the client?
  • Options
    z7kingz7king Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I uninstalled my driver and was able to get in but it looked like a 80's Sega game. Every time I update drive it don't load get display driver stoped.
  • Options
    tafizacetafizace Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    time2011 wrote: »
    rapcx1981 wrote: »
    This works for me.. i hope to u to:
    bluangeluk wrote: »
    Just for those who are at their wits end. I tried for 5 hours, everything imaginable to get in game last night. Force verify, safe mode, update graphics drivers, complete reinstall, deleted prefs files, restarted pc, -d3d11 in command line.

Elsewhere on the forums, someone indicated that they were successful with "-d3d11Enable 0" in the command line of the launcher.
    I tried that this morning and finally... here I am in Protector's Enclave. It has also worked for another person in my guild. I am sure a genuine fix will be available as soon as they can figure one out.

Just to clarify i use "-d3d11Enable 0" on command line, and select "safe mode" and unmark "Full Screen".

I tried it nd w8ng almost 20min and still nothing just blak screen

This worked for me too! Cheers fellas!

• Options
    ctseanctsean Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    gildriador wrote: »
    parkerar wrote: »
    > @jayaline said:
    > I got it past the loading issue and it seems to be working fine now.
    > 1) Delete the Gameprefs.pref file (mine on Windows 7 is located at Program Files/Neverwinter_en/Neverwinter/Live/localdata).
    > 2) In the launcher, choose Options from the upper right-hand corner. Select Force Verify and Safe Mode. Login and let it run the force verify. It will open in windowed mode. I let it run as far as the character select screen, then had to log off for a bit because reasons. Logged back on, now it seems to work fine.

Thanks you, I tried this and the game is working now for me ...

For those who have 64 bits OS (Win7,8,8.1,10) the path of gameprefs.pref are in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\localdata

gildriador wrote: »
    parkerar wrote: »
    > @jayaline said:
    > I got it past the loading issue and it seems to be working fine now.
    > 1) Delete the Gameprefs.pref file (mine on Windows 7 is located at Program Files/Neverwinter_en/Neverwinter/Live/localdata).
    > 2) In the launcher, choose Options from the upper right-hand corner. Select Force Verify and Safe Mode. Login and let it run the force verify. It will open in windowed mode. I let it run as far as the character select screen, then had to log off for a bit because reasons. Logged back on, now it seems to work fine.

Thanks you, I tried this and the game is working now for me ...

For those who have 64 bits OS (Win7,8,8.1,10) the path of gameprefs.pref are in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\localdata

this totally didnt work for me

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    Not an major issue, but still very annoying... the first daily invoke is still broken.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    regenerde wrote: »
    Not an major issue, but still very annoying... the first daily invoke is still broken.

It appeared to work inside the Keep.
    header.png
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    regenerde wrote: »

It appeared to work inside the Keep.

However, the last invoke tab now appears blank with some of the text right at the top of the screen...
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    time2011time2011 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    -d3d11Enable 0 I did that in safe mode and it worked. oh come on I tried maximizing the screen it crashed on me!
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    No one's found a workaround for the alt-tab crash eh?

There's a screenshot on page 4 or 5 of this thread.

edit: full disclosure. I 'end tasked' the install earlier when I thought it had stalled.. It was prolly still unpacking the .hoggs .. So I've borked my own install. Force Verify didnt find anything wrong though, and I can still play.. Just can't alt-tab. =/
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    sharonious_rebelsharonious_rebel Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    No one's found a workaround for the alt-tab crash eh?

Check nothing else while playing! NEVERWINTER ONLY!!!

:s
  • Options
    oglindoglind Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    Im not going to jump through special hoops to get this game to run like I'm one of Pavlov's dogs. They, (cryptic) created this mess, they can unfuck themselves. And when they do fix it, (if they fix it), every person who plays should get some high end class correct piece for returning to play the game. In order to thank everyone for coming back to the game, Cryptic needs to cough up some serious loot this time.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." — George Carlin

"Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck." — George Carlin
  • Options
    dream420dream420 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    well like others I also cant log into game due to the crash thing going on. however after waking up this morning my game started patching again 3k mb patch. after I already patched the game client yesterday after the maintenance. so not sure if anyone else who is having trouble is getting this patch too or what. but just thought id share with whoever.
  • Options
    avengingangel36avengingangel36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    Tried the force/safe mode. Crash. Reloaded. Crash. I should only have to click and play. Not to twenty things while standing on one foot with tin foil on my head for it work.. seriously? Maybe chagning to ESO.. almost a full day..wasted even trying.. Maybe when you test, *listen* to the players before you release stuff thats broken.
  • Options
    xzarsutekhxzarsutekh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Unfortunately I can't play the strongsholds region due to either FPS or LAG issues. With my computer setup I have no problems using the highest configuration possible in all other areas, but in the strongholds map I can hardly move.
  • Options
    lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Anyone else noticed that the AH seems to be bugged? Cant find certain items anymore like witchwood or , lesser bonding runestones or major stamina regeneration jewels, and i know that the ladder are in the AH, because i have have a couple of auctions running...
  • Options
    lirithiel wrote: »
    However, the last invoke tab now appears blank with some of the text right at the top of the screen...

Yes, I did notice that... forgot to report it. lol

header.png
  • Options
    frosticheartfrosticheart Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    This worked for me ... Deleted the Gameprefs.pref file, options, safe mode, windowed, and command line -d3d11Enabled 0 ... dont try fullscreen once in but max windowed works for me .. windows 7 64 bit , AMD graphics.
    see u in there
  • Options
    I window 10 64 bit AMD grahics, nothing is working for me ?
  • Options
    what is windowed ?
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    z7king wrote: »
    what is windowed ?

You change your graphic settings from, full screen to window mode, thats windowed.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    Removing prefs and safe mode plus force verify finally worked for me, thanks to jayaline for the idea!
  • Options
    merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I wasn't really hyped for strongholds because I knew this was gonna happen.
  • Options
    nickbittnickbitt Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    anyone even know if they are going to fix the issue ppl are having so we can actually get on game and play?
  • Options
    avengingangel36avengingangel36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    **A Dev Update would be nice** We already know it only works for some, but the majority are left wondering..