test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Introducing the VIP Program

Comments

• eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    redsea1000 wrote: »
    Rephrase that, VIPs should get key drops!!!!

Now that's an interesting idea. Slightly enhanced drops would be a nice rank-12 perk...that and perhaps un-nerf dragon's hoard enchants for rank-12. :smile:
    You know what, scratch that. People have proposed such diverse rewards, and like 90% of them are fantastic ideas for certain situations, but not others.

Can you give us a choice and a control panel to pick the active rewards that are relevant to our play style? (like the strongholds boons?)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    eldeskal wrote: »
    redsea1000 wrote: »
    Rephrase that, VIPs should get key drops!!!!

Now that's an interesting idea. Slightly enhanced drops would be a nice rank-12 perk...that and perhaps un-nerf dragon's hoard enchants for rank-12. :smile:

These ideas would push it too far into the realm of paying for an unfair progression advantage rather than conveniences and treats.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    It's "complicated" because it is not a subscription, it's a VIP/Loyalty/Reward Program. :p

The longer you play the more rewards you get. It is not meant to give a horribly unfair advantage to people with 12 months of VIP Status. In fact if you didn't notice it was intentionally set up to give most of the better rewards early on.

and yeah, 10khp for each party member, no injuries on those damn traps they conveniently added last mod and 25% discount on main AD sink ingame, seems fair

just ppl are getting so used to being .... that they are happy to pay for smth that should have been added to game a launch(invoke, post, bank etc,)

{Mod edit: We are all reasonably educated here. It is not necessary to post the definition of a word from the dictionary, and to do so is considered trolling. Refrain from doing so.}
    Post edited by lewstelamon01 on
    Paladin Master Race
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    This could be a GOOD marketing decision. Their original thought process of "We know you will leave and come back someday" (slight paraphrase from Cryptic CEO Jack Emmert) can now shifted towards "RE-PLAYABILITY." But first they need a SINGLE CURRENCY OPTION for Structures in the upcoming Stronghold mod.

If Cryptic does the sub plan CONCURRENTLY WITH changing PvP and PvE currencies to ONE SINGLE PvP and PvE NEUTRAL currency so everyone can play the way they want to, I predict they will hit the jackpot.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    For me this VIP program is currently a big bad joke, adding features which should normally be there, adding traps all over the dungeons, so we dry out of gold from buying medikits and then adding a "solution" and sadly most people find this a nice "gift" and applaude it. Tsk tsk...

What's gonna be the next step, adding venomous scorpions all over PE and then offering a package, that removes the poison?! C'mon dear suits, this is so predictable and a nasty move.

Back to the economic part, i know 16 year old nasties, who farm over 65 mill AD a week with bots and now they will get a nice reward being able to buy VIP status and kick our heads more with 10k HP and bugged mounts in Mod 7. Sorry, but i would be a total idiot to like the idea.

Personally i am not against a sub or VIP fee, but then again, bring back "old" dungeons, add more content, both PVE and PVP and fix the 2 year old bugs for our money. I will wait and see, if this VIP program really brings some quality improvement in the Development, i will happily join, but first let's see and wait a bit.

When it comes to paying i would support a low ( tailored to world economic zones) RL fee only, that way nearly all would have the chance to take part and we would be secure, that farmers/botters and other exploiters won't get included into the VIP program.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• jaydenomega812jaydenomega812 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    You know something else which just crossed my mind that would go hand in hand with this would be an all lockbox drop event. There is some cool stuff in them older lockboxes still and to see a variety of things hit the market so we all have a wider array of trades to make would be awesome. Cause woah momma some of them older lockboxes have gotten expensive. 60k ad for 100 nightmare boxes -.- Tis a far cry from 1.1k for a 999 stack of eternal flame lockboxes.

Oh and a list of all the lockboxes would be great too cause I can think of a few but surely not all offhand.

Nightmare, feywild, rusted iron, unearthed, black earth, eternal flame, frozen crystal, dragonforged, tyrannical, nine hells, and it seems like there are other but I can't remember there names.

And I'm guessing we're about due for another new lockbox either half way after this expansion (Strongholds) or at the next mod (Underdark). But, adding a coalescent ward to the list of items that could drop from lockboxes would be the icing on the cake for all of it.
  • truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    New lockbox already announced and launches with the strongholds, it has those snails in it.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    You know something else which just crossed my mind that would go hand in hand with this would be an all lockbox drop event.

They've had them before. They call it a "lockbox resurgence". They were murder on inventory management back when there were only 5-6 types of lockbox.
    Oh and a list of all the lockboxes would be great too cause I can think of a few but surely not all offhand.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Lockbox
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    Awesome Sauce :)

I still think it would be a good idea to have an all lockbox drop event though and let it last for a long while despite it may cause tons of issues. They just have to get those worked out. Otherwise yea there will be 25k armored striders and 1 mil apparatus of kwalish still with no tensor's disk ever around.

Or they could do a lockbox item trading event again like when akro was around. That would be epic no doubt.
  • azaris#6648 azaris Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    If Cryptic does the sub plan CONCURRENTLY WITH changing PvP and PvE currencies to ONE SINGLE PvP and PvE NEUTRAL currency so everyone can play the way they want to, I predict they will hit the jackpot.

This. Please this. I can't stand all the currencies. It's just a mess and a headache to sort through.

• matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User

Yep, yep, please listen to your former Cryptic! ;)

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

azaris1 wrote: »

This. Please this. I can't stand all the currencies. It's just a mess and a headache to sort through.

Huh...ok...well....though it's off subject I think I can work with it and bring it back on subject still.

The bulk of different currencies come from campaigns. Which that structure is needed to be able to progress in the campaigns. It would be silly if there were to be a pve currency that could advance the campaigns. To complete Sharandar by doing dungeons...-.-...defeats the purpose of adding Sharandar content and storyline altogether. Same across the board. If you don't want to step foot in a campaign area then I believe there are packs on the zen store for that. Otherwise....at least there not taking up inventory space!

Now....imho...what should happen with currencies and asap should be the tradehouse be switched from the current astral diamonds player-to-player exchanges into gold exchanges. With this new key subscription with stacking loyalty rewards it will in essence be a botters & exploiters dream. I explained it already with purpose to give heads up. But, again...create new account, move astral diamonds via tradehouse to the new account from older account, use the ZAX to buy the zen, then buy the time pack for say a 30 day subscription on new account. In essence what would end up happening is 1 player could have a multitude of accounts and be able to get a multitude of keys per day. Open boxes, post items to tradehouse or mail them to your other account, sell them move astral diamonds back to original, older account. Successful exploit of the system with no one to be able to govern it.
  • redsea1000redsea1000 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I still say, even if a lockbox event, resurgance or whatever, VIP is a paying move and I am all for that, but with more keys and or key drops for VIPs, that would be a big selling point. 1 key a day for forty boxes dropped in 2 hours, just dont do it for me.
  • l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    Nice system.
    At 12th rank can we also get "immunity from Server not Responding"?

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• boogerassboogerass Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    pretty soon we'll have to pay to breathe.
  • truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    boogerass wrote: »
    You do not have to pay or even play if your unhappy.

I am so sick of everyone whining about how horrible this is and will kill the game. This is a free game, which is like watching free television. The bills still have to be paid. On television you get commercials. Here you get VIP, or micro transactions. No one makes you buy the "bacon bowl" or the Enchanted Keys. You choose how to spend your money.

If you do not like what is on, then just change the channel.

ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    truckula wrote: »
    boogerass wrote: »
    You do not have to pay or even play if your unhappy.

I am so sick of everyone whining about how horrible this is and will kill the game. This is a free game, which is like watching free television. The bills still have to be paid. On television you get commercials. Here you get VIP, or micro transactions. No one makes you buy the "bacon bowl" or the Enchanted Keys. You choose how to spend your money.

If you do not like what is on, then just change the channel.

I have to +1 that. Almost anything can be done for free paying just helps you get there faster
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

I have to say, the F2P model has some inherent psychological issues. For one, people _hate_ having something taken from them, even if they had no entitlement to it in the first place. This is why I support VIP: it offers us something for our money, rather than taking away something that was free, and offering us the chance to buy it back.

All of the other revenue-increase methods that have been attempted have negatively impacted gameplay. This one might do so through feedback mechanisms and botting, but at least does not do it directly.

Perhaps once VIP is successful at raising revenue, we could repeal some of the more tedious "gentle encouragements" to buy, such as:

Stone of Health: magnified all HP and damage so that heal potions are useless
    Runic Bag of Holding: drops now come as a mix of account/character/un bound to eat inventory; also myriad strongholds currencies
    Enscribed garments: doubled XP awards, but quadrupled XP requirements. (No longer lvl70 when you finish the elemental grind)

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    Well, not sure why there is no
    +20% bonus to: XP/Glory/Profession XP excludes some professions
    in VIP rank 2
    +30% bonus to: XP/Glory/Profession XP excludes some professions
    in VIP rank 3
    or any of the following VIP ranks at all.

Or what it is about the
    Rushing Companion training and Profession tasks costs an additional 5% less (25% total)
    in the last few VIP ranks?
    Couldn't they come up with something more usefull for players in the last ranks? I mean come on, they have that much feedback about this game from "us", and this feature is what they come up with at the "high end"?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • crypticnotioncrypticnotion Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    I have no problem with pay to play if I like a game I will pay that said the VIP program I am not impressed with. you have to pay for 6 mo. in advance to get full benefits or wait six months to get them. NO! you want me to pay then you get full benefits every month you pay. and +10% exp surely you can do better than that. The exp is awful so your going to charge me money to keep it that way. I have lost a lot in the game since your update. you took the ability to do most of the end game content and done nothing more than set my lvl back to lvl 50 then throw in some small trinkets and I am suppose to be happy. I am not. I was doing all the content in the game. now I am cut out of a VERY large portion of it. And am having to grind to get back to where I was at. I will pay but you need to fix what you messed up don't do the uprate a lvl 60 to 70 that is a joke giving me a few k of hit points don't make up for lack of armor or damage ability rate the content to match the lvl of the player. Overall what I see is mistake after mistake the VIP system is just another one of many. anyone who quits when they reach max level you have got all the money you are going to get out of them. Anyhow there is a loyal base who will always play Neverwinter even if they take a brake from time to time they will always return. F2P yea I expect it to be a grind. IF I am paying I expect more. Give me something to make me want to pay. Not the promise of the grind I can get that for free!
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    azaris1 wrote: »

Huh...ok...well....though it's off subject I think I can work with it and bring it back on subject still.

The bulk of different currencies come from campaigns. Which that structure is needed to be able to progress in the campaigns. It would be silly if there were to be a pve currency that could advance the campaigns. To complete Sharandar by doing dungeons...-.-...defeats the purpose of adding Sharandar content and storyline altogether. Same across the board. If you don't want to step foot in a campaign area then I believe there are packs on the zen store for that. Otherwise....at least there not taking up inventory space!

Now....imho...what should happen with currencies and asap should be the tradehouse be switched from the current astral diamonds player-to-player exchanges into gold exchanges. With this new key subscription with stacking loyalty rewards it will in essence be a botters & exploiters dream. I explained it already with purpose to give heads up. But, again...create new account, move astral diamonds via tradehouse to the new account from older account, use the ZAX to buy the zen, then buy the time pack for say a 30 day subscription on new account. In essence what would end up happening is 1 player could have a multitude of accounts and be able to get a multitude of keys per day. Open boxes, post items to tradehouse or mail them to your other account, sell them move astral diamonds back to original, older account. Successful exploit of the system with no one to be able to govern it.

Lockbox items are going to drop in value on the AH, because lots of people will be selling them.

The "well, only one account so a max of 30 keys per person" thing isn't really a limiting factor. The limiting factor is the amount of zen that people have access to.

As for changing the AH to a gold exchange ... that has its virtues as well as its failings, let's just leave it at that.

Yea it's definitely not a limiting factor. I don't think I said....oh...well....here is a visual representation of what I said:

13898772-Illustration-of-an-Overweight-Boy-Eating-Cake-Stock-Illustration-fat-cartoon-boy.jpg

• drakenartzdrakenartz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    Well I think the VIP program is a good idea since many other MMORPGs have sub options as well as F2P. SWTOR, LOTR, ESO, EQ2 and many others have this options, which I think allows for people who enjoy the game to give back to the developers. After all many people play NW not spending a single $, which is fair enough if you can't or don't want to but the developers can't work for free (You can't pay your rent or bills with AD :P).
    I just hope NW works again on my computer so I can join the VIP program since the last update doesn't agree with my computer :(
  • crypticnotioncrypticnotion Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    VIP is throwing me a bone....can't live on it. It has already been picked clean. SWTOR is overboard with some of their restrictions and hurt themselves with it. Such as restricted chat below lvl 10 can't access guild vault.......my point is overall they do have a solid paying base but they give you real bonuses to be a Subscribing player. You could learn from them. F2P it is expected you will have to work twice as hard to do the same thing. EVEN limit some things where you CAN'T do it. That is the incentive to pay. but you can't totally choke people down either not even the F2P or you loose the very people when they get into the game decide to pay to get the EXTRA benifits. There are some good things in the VIP program but it is lacking and needs work. By the way I am a Subscribing member of SWTOR it is worth it to me. I could be a subscribing member here but not the way it is. Neverwinter has shot itself in the foot with much of what it has done I expect you will be limping for a while because of it. But you can learn from it and come back or not but either way it is your choice.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    I'm really liking the perks and feel of the VIP program in Neverwinter. When I first heard about it a long time ago, I had been worried that it would be too similar to a Subscription program, yet it is no different than buying any other item in the Zen store, save for that you get loyalty rewards for doing so. Which, is no different (in general aspect) than what other distinguished MMOs do to provide loyalty rewards for their long-time and dedicated players.

My only worry is aspects of it that can be translated and seen in PvP. While I personally do not PvP in Neverwinter anymore and won't be directly affected by such perks in the PvP scene, I do wish they'd change what the bonuses do when you're in a PvP instance or flagged for PvP, so it doesn't give any mechanical advantages over others.

Regardless, I am looking forward to starting my VIP tomorrow, indeed! Thanks, Cryptic!
  • gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Personally I think the VIP program was well thought out. While the contents of the package will be extremely useful to many people the items are all in the convenience/time saving category which means other players can still achieve the same things given enough time. It's not like they get +25% to all stats or anything giving them a huge advantage over those who don't have it. I doubt the package is for me as I prefer buying more concrete items with my zen but it'll make the game some money which is a good thing, others will enjoy it, and it won't impact me much, if any, at all.

I see this one as win/win/win and I'm not easy to please.

If you like it buy it, if you don't, don't. Easy peasy.
  • pufy2010pufy2010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Hi Hi, A.A here.

Are the VIP enchanted key's bound on account ?:P

May The Bacon Bless.
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    will 15% discount on all items apply to the vip?
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    You could give foundry authors (high ranked ones, maybe from foundry master and up, with a minimum of daily foundries published) some kind of ViP, as we are generating "infinite" content, and sometimes, in some gamer's opinion, far better content than yours.

I love this comment.

Where is the FOUNDRY LOVE Cryptic?

Where is the incentive for Foundry authors and dreamweavers to continue creating great custom content?

And finally, where are the updates and support promised long ago for this area of the game?

Personally, I'm looking forward to a MOD that focuses on the FOUNDRY. A major upgrade that comps not only the authors but also adds incentive for the playerbase to add this custom content to their play schedules.

PS: I'd definitely support a well thought out ViP program SPECIFICALLY for authors that produce highly ranked Foundry content.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!