test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Introducing the VIP Program

Comments

• eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    mattock13 wrote: »
    First thing is the bonus hit points. I think a tangible stat increase offered for a VIP program is a bad road to head down. The other things are conveniences and financial incentives. This is a clear cut boon to subscribing players.

My first thought was along these lines, but then I remembered that the average lvl70 mob hits for 50k or more, and so 2k isn't really such a boost for end-game content. Also, it only applies when grouped, so VIP and non-VIP members of the group get it. Even with a full group of VIPs, it's equivalent to 1 now-worthless healing potion.

That said, I agree w/ mattock13 about the worrisome potential for this to become a trend...
    I intend to try the VIP program specifically because it is _not_ pay-to-advance.

• daddyman5565daddyman5565 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Overall the program doesn't look terrible. Some of the "benefits" do indicate that the people making decisions and designing this seldom, if ever, play the game. ID scrolls? Really? Who doesn't have 2 to 3 stacks of these per character? Just another stack of player bound items to deal with. Too many levels to this with like one useful thing per VIP level padded with maybe useful to outright junk filling out each category.
  • callsignlooneycallsignlooney Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    geez. these guys LOVE the p2w format, don't they. it obviously wasn't p2w enough before this.
  • psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    The price point is actually very nice for the benefits. I have been here since Beta and have always said that I would have no problem paying a monthly subscription fee to keep the game growing. NW might be FtP, but the company still needs to make money in order to keep the game solvent. Developers need to be paid. Servers need to be maintained. Office space isn't cheap. Video games can't get welfare checks and government housing. They absolutely require a steady stream of income.

Making this a Zen purchase actually reduces the overall cost. Remember, when you purchase large quantities (3k+) of Zen you get a little bonus Zen as well. PWE also regularly runs Zen promotions with additional bonus Zen (15% I believe). Time your Zen purchase right and you get 12 months of QoL bonuses for $100 or even less. WoW players are still paying $15/month ($180/year)
  • redsea1000redsea1000 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    No problems with buying zen, no problems with pay for play, if City of Heros/Villians were still here I would still be there paying and playing. I do think there should be key drops as well as the box drops for VIPs, other than that, this is the very closest game and engine to COH/COV that I have found and I am happy to be here. Excellent work was put into it to stay close to the original game/s.
  • vorhelmvorhelm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    If you guys REALLY considered this a veteran/loyalty reward system, then it would be already be rolled into the people that buy and/or already have bought the HotN packs. You know, the ones that dropped a HUGE amount of cash on you in the beginning? The ones you should be constantly thanking and showing appreciation towards, but don't. Ever.

Even if you didn't want to directly give it to them for free, you could tie in people who buy/have bought the HotN pack with these benefits for LIFE for a VERY low amount of money. I.E. Under $30. People would buy it.

Just a viewpoint from one of your insignificant paying customers that you work overtime constantly to alienate.
  • mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    So how does one get the discounted rate (6 months for 5,100 ZEN?) Does the store automatically decrease the next purchase? Or do you buy like quantity of 6?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    mjonis wrote: »
    So how does one get the discounted rate (6 months for 5,100 ZEN?) Does the store automatically decrease the next purchase? Or do you buy like quantity of 6?

You buy it all at once.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    edited August 2015

There are 3 different VIP items. "VIP 1", "VIP 3", "VIP 6". The price of "VIP 6" is 5100 Zen.
    if you buy 6 "VIP 1", it will be 6000 Zen.
    If you buy 1 "VIP 6", it will be 5100 Zen.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    plasticbat wrote: »

There are 3 different VIP items. "VIP 1", "VIP 3", "VIP 6". The price of "VIP 6" is 5100 Zen.
    if you buy 6 "VIP 1", it will be 6000 Zen.
    If you buy 1 "VIP 6", it will be 5100 Zen.

In the "Will you be VIP" thread someone mentioned using a 15% off everything coupon to purchase VIP packs - another way of saving.
  • teatewteatew Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Id sign up to be a VIP if they un-nerf my HR and actually make me half as powerful as I was 2 years ago... :( it sucks being an archery hr now, ever since the dragon expansion hit (I love that expansion) my HR aim shot went to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. It seems they keep nerf'ing the game in general and now adding this vip access (which sounds good) but who wants to spend $180 dollars to use a world of warcraft hearthstone? Granted having a heartstone is amazing and foolish why this game doesn't have one but to make it a high rank vip access is just silly... so if you buy vip access 6 to get a hearthstone mask, if you let it except does your healthstone mask stop working?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    @strumslinger

Could you let whoever worked on the icons for the VIP per diem bags and the art for the summonable services that they done good? I really dig the wee satchels.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I was gonna use a 15% off coupon, but we had all the server shenanigans after I opened the bag that dropped it.

I lost the equivalence of 200,000 AD because of server problems, 'cause I ended up having to pay full price for a 3 month pass :/
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    Big question i like the VIP account its the best thing ever .

But what if i want more like 2 year VIP w/o to worry to the downgrade what if i use another x2 6 moth VIP ???
    Will it count ?
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    What downgrade?
    If you buy 2 years of VIP time, you will get the rank 12 VIP benefits for those 2 years.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • soullesslordssoullesslords Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    OK I have the 12 month VIP program and I have found it convenient but most of it is worthless padding from 7 to 12, and really bound scrolls if they have to be bound make it account bound so we can pull them together because you have made scavenging surplus supplies a must now with feeding the stronghold or at least be able to sell them to a vendor for a few silver to help clear them out and speaking of vendors why a professions vendor what am I going to do with that buy some silk or coal while I'm out running around fighting? what we could really use is a potions vendor so we can buy potions while out running around or while in a dungeon that would be very helpful any chance of getting that added?
  • heberussheberuss Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Vip rank 12 but my main char dont can summon portal/bank/salvage... or clain per character reward.

This problem was reported 3 days ago.
    Peace and Love
  • erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    vorhelm wrote: »
    If you guys REALLY considered this a veteran/loyalty reward system, then it would be already be rolled into the people that buy and/or already have bought the HotN packs. You know, the ones that dropped a HUGE amount of cash on you in the beginning? The ones you should be constantly thanking and showing appreciation towards, but don't. Ever.

Even if you didn't want to directly give it to them for free, you could tie in people who buy/have bought the HotN pack with these benefits for LIFE for a VERY low amount of money. I.E. Under $30. People would buy it.

Just a viewpoint from one of your insignificant paying customers that you work overtime constantly to alienate.

They already have benefits for people that spent money on Zen (the first time buyer pack comes to mind). One of the things I feel Neverwinter really did right was allowing their VIP program to be purchased with Zen rather than only with money. Many games make you purchase VIP with your credit card from the website rather than with the cash shop currency. This denies the people that acquire their cash shop money in game from ever being VIPs.

What far too many games don't realize is that there is no difference between two people buying a product for $10 each ($20 total) and one person buying 2 products for $10 each ($20 total) and selling one of those two products to another player for in-game currency. The people that spend all their time playing the game for free and sell their AD on the exchange to people that just swipe a credit card are actually performing a service and making the game company more money. People buy extra Zen that they otherwise would not purchase just to trade it for AD at the exchange. If free players were not selling their AD at the exchange then that extra Zen would never have been purchased.
    eldeskal wrote: »
    You know what, scratch that. People have proposed such diverse rewards, and like 90% of them are fantastic ideas for certain situations, but not others.

Can you give us a choice and a control panel to pick the active rewards that are relevant to our play style? (like the strongholds boons?)

Ideally they will simply keep adding VIP ranks. Obviously 12 was chosen because that is the number of months in a year, but each year they could add another 12 ranks so that there are 24, or 36, or more ranks of VIP. They can continue to add more and more features to keep people wanting to increase their rank.

I wasn't super impressed with the rewards, but I liked the idea that if I bought a month of VIP it would permanently increase my VIP rank so that I would be a higher rank if I ever bought more VIP in the future. Once I hit rank 12 a lot of my motivation to purchase VIP will be gone because additional purchases will no longer permanently improve my character (and that is what I was really paying for).
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    You know what, scratch that. People have proposed such diverse rewards, and like 90% of them are fantastic ideas for certain situations, but not others.

Can you give us a choice and a control panel to pick the active rewards that are relevant to our play style? (like the strongholds boons?)

Ideally they will simply keep adding VIP ranks. Obviously 12 was chosen because that is the number of months in a year, but each year they could add another 12 ranks so that there are 24, or 36, or more ranks of VIP. They can continue to add more and more features to keep people wanting to increase their rank.

I wasn't super impressed with the rewards, but I liked the idea that if I bought a month of VIP it would permanently increase my VIP rank so that I would be a higher rank if I ever bought more VIP in the future. Once I hit rank 12 a lot of my motivation to purchase VIP will be gone because additional purchases will no longer permanently improve my character (and that is what I was really paying for).

Hmmm! What is the "permanently" improvement? As far as I know there is no "permanently" improvement. After you VIP expires (not paying), these benefit are gone from your account. You will need to go back to camp fire to pray, no instant mail box, ...
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    plasticbat wrote: »
    erethizon1 wrote: »

Hmmm! What is the "permanently" improvement? As far as I know there is no "permanently" improvement. After you VIP expires (not paying), these benefit are gone from your account. You will need to go back to camp fire to pray, no instant mail box, ...

The permanent improvement I am referring to is the permanent increase in VIP rank. If someone buys 6 months of VIP, then takes 2 years off and comes back and buys another 6 months of VIP, he will have more benefits than someone that just bought their first 6 months of VIP because his rank was permanently improved when he bought VIP the first time. I realize you have to currently be under the effects of VIP to benefit from the previous ranks you purchased, but those ranks are always there and thus are something I consider to be a permanent improvement.

It's a lot like idle companion slots. I don't have many companions and thus purchasing additional idle companion slots does not really benefit me, but I still consider purchasing them to be a permanent improvement for my character even though they do nothing for me. VIP rank is the same way. Once I reach level 12 VIP rank it will always be there (though not always be active) and I can always benefit from it in the future should I choose to purchase more VIP (just like the idle companion slots will always be there to benefit me should I ever decide to acquire a ton of new companions).

That said, I won't be purchasing any more VIP until they fix the bug that prevents my character from getting his daily rewards (along with many other benefits). If they don't do something to fix that, I will never progress pass 1 rank of VIP.
  • rock9000rock9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2015

(You can't pay your rent or bills with AD :P)

Anyone can, selling 1mil AD to 14$
    And a rank 12 VIP dodn't need botting, just reselling what came from wond. bazaar
    That's why VIP *stinks*
  • cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    And what is wrong with that even non vips get benefits from this...GMOPs 20% cheaper since VIP program release.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    I have all these bound ID scrolls! Please improve the Stronghold coffer interface, so I can easily donate all these green items!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    Would be nice to see some more improvements to ViP...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    Needs some work now that some benefits are either less relevant or straight up removed.