test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus companions not account wide!

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Respectfully, we'd like the equivalent of a post-it note where everybody can see it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Respectfully, we'd like the equivalent of a post-it note where everybody can see it.

I can sticky it too.

Edit: Also deleted the duplicate post.
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Thanks, Alex. That's reassuring.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    Thank you, it is very reassuring.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    Seems OK to me. And re. the stickying solution: This is a great confidence-building measure.

...now, could we get that approximate ETA for further information, please?
  • mersenneprimemersenneprime Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    It's good to see a response, thank you for coming back to the thread.

I've rewritten a sentence a few times, and no matter how I word it, it seems threatening. I don't really intended it to be. I intend to abide by the request as long as it looks like this is still on your radar and being worked on.

That said, I want to express my annoyance.

It's been 4 weeks since this started, and it seems like a decision hasn't been reached yet. While I realize that corporations have a lot of red tape, software is a very fast paced and competitive industry, 4 weeks to reach a decision is stretching patience(IMO). Whenever the decision is reached, it will then take time to code (I would hope), test, then implement.

I don't know if it's your policy to not announce anything until it's effectively a done deal (meaning, nearly ready to implement). Personally, I'd rather know what's coming, even if it's going to be a ways off, rather than have the perception that nothing is happening.

In the game, I'm @Knickknacks.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    The problem, at this point, is that the cat has been let out of the bag, so to speak - I, personally, have not touched any of these companions, for fear that if I were to use or sell them, it would disqualify me for getting them adjusted to be made account-wide. Given how much time has passed, what will happen if they are then made account wide? Will the people who haven't claimed them lose the BoE version, while those who took them out and sold or traded them doubly profit from this?

Regardless, I am glad to see the update, and I hope that a resolution that is amicable is very near...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    I don't know if it's your policy to not announce anything until it's effectively a done deal (meaning, nearly ready to implement).

In general, it is my opinion that we mention things when we have the all thumbs up that something is possible and being implemented. I'm all for open communication, but as you mentioned software is fast-paced (and also ever-changing). I'd rather give people the correct information than having to back pedal and say that something can't be done.

• montairemontaire Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Thank you for your follow up, it is very much appreciated. Is it possible for you to shed some light on the complicating factors?

To many players, myself included, this seems fairly straightforward. I think an explanation of the issues from a developer point of view would be greatly valuable.

Thanks,
    montaire wrote: »
    Thank you for your follow up, it is very much appreciated. Is it possible for you to shed some light on the complicating factors?

To many players, myself included, this seems fairly straightforward. I think an explanation of the issues from a developer point of view would be greatly valuable.

Thanks,

I can't go into the specifics as there are a lot of moving pieces. Things generally sound simple, but there are a lot of things to consider when making adjustments to plans and executions.
    Per my initial post, I am now going to close this thread and sticky it. I'll provide an update when I hear more.
    A quick update that we are getting closer to a resolution. I still don't have a confirmed timing, but this is moving towards a fix.
    Hi All,

A quick update on this as I spoke to the team in-person yesterday. Back in July, I mentioned we were working towards a resolution to fix this situation. The team's resources were being pulled in several different directions. We now have a date that we're working towards to fix this (although I dont' want to give the specific date until I get confirmation), so it is still progressing.

Apologies for the lack of updates. We're still tracking this issue though.

Alex
    We have a date, October 16, that we're targeting to get this fixed. I'll have more details on what that means as we get closer to correcting the bonus companion issue.
    Quick update for everyone. We ran into an issue that is preventing us from distributing these on Friday. Release has been pushed back to 10/29 and should not move from that date. We're working hard to make sure that these companions are distributed correctly. I'll update the thread again as we get closer to that date.
    Another update here as we're getting closer to the fix being implemented. I received confirmation that this is still coming on October 29. Timing will probably be later in the afternoon Pacific time as we'll need to make the fix in game and then distribute rewards.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    We're aware of the issue with the Slaad companion being available for everyone. This was a mistake and was not intentional. We apologize for the confusion, but the error is being fixed. Thank you.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

A final update to this. All the correct companions should be available. They are claimable via the Rewards Claim Agent in the Promo tab. They should all be account-wide as well.
This discussion has been closed.